Chapter 12

Wanderlust: An EXO Fanfiction

"That's good then." Luhan smiled, handing her a stick of cotton candy. "Try this; it's a specialty here."

"Thank you." Kuri smiled, turning towards Tao. "Do you want some of this?" She asked, tearing off a bit of the blue cotton candy that formed the petals of a cotton candy flower. As he nodded, she smiled and gestured for him to open his mouth.

"Say ah~" she sang as she fed him the cotton candy, before she realised how quiet it'd gotten. "Are you guys dating already?" Kris asked, his voice devoid of emotion. Even so, this comment and its implications made her blush madly, and she dropped her hand.

"No..." She spoke quietly, suddenly feeling awkward. She didn't know why, but in the short space of time since she'd known him, Tao was nothing short of a perfect gentleman. She thought of how he'd given her a gift at their first meeting, how he had protected her in the haunted house, even how he had made sure she was happy and comforted her when the memories of Taylor struck. She didn't know him all that well, but he made her feel safe. And happy. She had to remind herself that all she felt for him was friendship; and that her real crush was Kris. But now, as she stood staring at the stick of cotton candy in her hand, she wondered what was going through her mind.

Do I really like him? No way, it's only been like a day or two this isn't right. Her thoughts were making her frustrated, and she inwardly rolled her eyes at herself before picking at the cotton candy quietly.

"Ah well, it's not like you guys could date anyways. Your schedules would clash too much." Baekhyun suddenly piped up, reaching over to steal a bit of cotton candy from Kuri. "Oh. This is really sweet." He made a face, wiping his hands on his jeans.

"True." Kuri said matter of factly, taking another bite of the candy, trying not to show how awkward the topic made her feel. "Guys should we go for lunch? I'm getting kinda hungry." To her utter relief, Chanyeol changed the subject, and the others agreed, seeming to drop the subject quickly as they looked for a place to settle down.

Fifteen minutes later, they entered a restaurant to find the rest of the members there, already eating and talking loudly as per usual.

Kuri quickly followed the others towards the table, before plopping down in a seat between Angela and Tao. Waiters immediately walked over to hand them all menus, before waiting for them to order.

"I'll have the pork soup dumplings and some potstickers, thanks." She smiled at the waiter, handing the menu back. "I'd like the hamburger steak, thank you." Tao said as he passed his menu over.

"I'll have the noodles; extra spicy please." Angela placed her order, settling down and leaning against the back of her seat. Suho seemed delighted to be sitting beside her, and they started talking about the different cuisines they liked. Across from her, she could see Baekhyun flipping through the menu as he leaned over to Chanyeol, who was sitting on his left, to ask him for recommendations. Chanyeol didn't so much as spare him a glance, but randomly pointed to something on the menu, to which Baekhyun muttered darkly about how unhelpful he was.

Once their food arrived, their once noisy table became silent as everyone filled their stomachs. As Kuri picked up a pot sticker, she noticed Tao looking at her. "What's wrong?" She asked, setting the dumpling down as she turned to him.

"Nothing. Just surprised you'd order that. Is that enough for you? Won't you get hungry later?" He asked, concerned.

"I'm fine; I used to eat this all the time. It's more filling for me than you'd think." She laughed, taking a bite. "That's true. I used to eat them all the time, but I haven't found any nice ones since I've gone to Korea." He sighed. "These were a great part of my childhood."

She set the potsticker down, before picking up another one and trying to put it on his plate. But before she could do so, he simply grabbed her wrist and guided the chopsticks to his mouth instead. He winked as he did so, making her blush darkly. But she didn't resist, and once the potsticker entered his mouth, he let her go, his eyes sparkling as he ate. She slowly lowered her hand, looking down at her food as her hair shielded her scarlet face.

"Would you like to try some of this steak?" She looked up to see his grin, and she barely had time to nod before the fork was a centimetre from her lips. Instinctively, she opened , accepting the bite of beef. Slowly, she chewed, feeling the flavors burst across her tongue. It was delicious; and it being her first time eating it, she was filled with wonder at how something could taste so good.

"Whoa- that tastes awesome!" She brightened up, glancing at the dish. "What's it called?" She asked, like a child excited to receive their gift from Santa.

"Hamburger steak." Tao laughed, seeming amused at her reaction. "Hamburger steak..." She murmured to herself, seeming to consider the word. "I'll order that next time then." She smiled happily, and Tao chuckled. "Invite me when you do." He joked, cutting another piece of steak for himself. "Of course!" She assured him, picking up a dumpling with her chopsticks.

After that, it was once again quiet as they stuffed food in their mouths, and once they were done, Kuri scanned the brochure she had managed to snag that morning.

"Guys it says here that there's an aquarium nearby!" She announced excitedly, grabbing the attention of every member of their group.

"What are we waiting for then? Let's go!" Sehun said, already turning in the direction Kuri had pointed out. With much excited murmuring, the rest followed him, and as Kuri trailed behind them, consulting her map, she felt someone beside her, walking beside her rather than catching up with the group.

Startled, she glanced up from her map to see Tao, quietly walking beside her. Angela and Suho had also broken off from the main group, and were walking slowly towards the aquarium, while Nessa and Kai were nowhere to be seen.

As soon as they entered the aquarium, a dark, cool building, she caught sight of a magnificent Great White shark swimming in a huge glass tank.

"Beautiful..." She whispered, almost pressed against the glass as she gazed at the great creature glide lazily through the clear water. "Indeed." Tao had joined her, standing beside her as they stood looking up at the shark in silent fascination.

A sudden commotion jolted them out of their silence, as a horde of fangirls suddenly came running towards them. Each of them demanded an autograph as they screamed Tao's name. The others were gone, presumably because they weren't supposed to attract that much attention. But now that they did, there was only one thing to do;

"Run." He whispered, grabbing her hand.

And so they did.

[A/N hello!! I had fun writing this latest chapter cause well... It was about food HAHAHA ah... All my favoritr food... (': but actually this story has me really confused because I usually write what comes to mind and see what direction the story takes me in? And so far it's weird because of all the biases I've ever had in EXO, Tao was never really one of them haha oops so like... I'm not exactly sure why he and Kuri are so close in this story but whatever HAHA (': but yeah... Anyways... Thanks for stopping by and reads/reviews are always appreciated! <3 thanks <3]