Chapter 6

Wanderlust: An EXO Fanfiction

The sun shone brightly through the huge glass doors of the entrance, illuminating the lobby. Kuri was already sitting in the armchairs by the glass walls of the building before the appointed time, her heart fluttering with excitement. She knew she should have taken breakfast before the trip, but somehow, her stomach seemed too full of butterflies to hold anything. So she waited, almost impatiently, for the boys to arrive, her bag on her lap and her phone set to the highest ringing tone should any notifications arise.

By ten o'clock, most of the members had gathered, most of them almost bouncing with excitement and shooting her happy smiles. But then their manager came down, escorting a beautiful woman Kuri knew all too well.

What's she doing here..?

Nessa shot her fellow journalist a radiant smile, before turning and greeting the other members with that same smile, to which they responded cheerfully.

Kuri barely returned the gesture though, shocked into silence.

Damnit. There goes my one chance to interact with them. Kuri thought this with an edge of bitterness, internally glaring at the other woman.

Calm down, it's not her fault she's way prettier and more accomplished than you. This particular thought was laced with menace, and she shook her head, trying to calm the rising irritation in her, knowing she was just being irrational. Nessa probably had an even more attractive boyfriend, she wouldn't-

Oh. She would.

She was currently flirting with Kai, laughing and smacking him playfully.

Well, that proves my point.

She climbed into the waiting van quickly, not bothering to check who her seat mate was and just picking a random seat before settling down with her phone, noting down points she would pay attention to in her article and trying desperately to distract herself.

The other members of their little tour group began filing in, and the seats filled up quickly. Much to her ever increasing irritation, she ended up sitting beside Baekhyun, who glared at her hatefully as he sat down, probably not knowing she actually noticed.

Pray tell, where did I go wrong for such a perfect day to be ruined so easily? She thought this sourly, turning to her other side in a weak attempt to ignore the death aura emanating from the boy beside her.

Much to her relief, it turned out to be Chanyeol, who had headphones on. He appeared to be in the process of listening to a new song, his head nodded in concentration with the beat, his brow furrowed in concentration. She decided to leave him alone for the moment, and tried not to notice how loud Nessa was being with Kai, joking and playing guessing games with him.

Kuri peeked in front, noticing, with a sort of relief, that Tao and Lay were the ones in front of her.

Those two I can work with.

She hesitantly tapped on the back of their seats, trying her best to maintain her cool while preparing what she was going to say to them.

But all that flew out of the window when the third person beside them turned out to be Kris.

"Yes?" They turned back simultaneously, but as soon as she locked gazes with Kris, her tongue felt tied.

"U-um... I-it's nothing... I'm fine.." She managed to get out, mentally kicking herself for ruining her image of professionalism.

"Are you alright?" Kris' voice was like melting honey, and she found herself dazed, staring at him with what would have probably been a stupid expression on her face, before she realised he was talking to her, and she flushed, mentally burying her face in her hands.

"I-I'm f-fine..! Haha, see? Perfectly fine!" She hurried to assure him, an apologetic smile on her face as she sweated nervously.

"Are you sure? You look kinda pale, Kuri." Tao said, concern twisting his boyish features into a frown.

"Yeah sure! Never been better, haha!" Her rising panic wasn't improved by Baekhyun's huff of disgust beside her, and she suddenly remembered what she wanted to ask.

"I just wanted to ask; what do you guys do in your free time? Y'know, for my report..." She finished lamely, cursing herself for her incompetency.

"Oh, we do lots of stuff; the members all have their own individual hobbies." Tao smiled, and began to tick them off one by one. "D.O likes cooking, Chanyeol likes writing songs..."

On and on he droned, but Kuri somehow found herself mesmerized by Kris once again.

"And that's all." Tao finished, jolting her out of her stupor.

Wait. What did he say again?! She frantically tried to recall his words, but her notes were a jumbled mess. To his credit, Tao appeared not to mind, and amusedly repeated the list, grinning when he saw her hurriedly writing it down.

Did he see me watching Kris?! The thought made her cringe, and she was completely mortified, hurriedly thanking Tao for his help and leaning back in her seat.

Unfortunately, this made her lean against Baekhyun slightly, and he immediately flinched away, making her sigh and hug her bag tightly, clinging on to it like a pillow as she watched the world flash by outside the tinted windows.

The next thing she knew, she was being shaken awake by Chanyeol. "C'mon, get up, we have to leave now." He spoke quickly, gently tugging her by the wrist to haul her to her feet.

Baekhyun shuffled past them impatiently, almost knocking her back onto her seat as he exited the van without so much as a backward glance.

"Well, let's go then." Chanyeol smiled slightly, leading the way out of the vehicle as well.

Kuri followed him obediently, squinting as she stepped out into the bright sunlight.

I recognise this place.

This was the very same amusement park her parents used to bring her to when she was a child, but she hadn't been there in years. Not since they moved to Korea.

Wow. This place certainly hasn't changed much.

Nostalgia hit her like a ton of bricks, and she just stood there, looking around. A sudden surge of homesickness overwhelmed her, and thoughts of her parents swam in her mind as she followed the group in front of her.

Maybe I'll visit them when I get back. It sure does feel different though, visiting this place of memories with EXO.

By the time she noticed, most of the members of their tour group had split off in different directions; she could see their back views blending in with the crowd, leaving only Tao, Kris, Lay, Luhan, Chanyeol and a surly looking Baekhyun in front of her.

"Shall we go?" Tao asked, eying the rollercoaster.

"I wanna ride that!" He continued, and without waiting for anyone, sprinted towards the ride.

The rest sighed but followed him, albeit at a much slower pace. While walking, she caught sight of Kris watching her, and she felt a jolt go through her.

What will this day hold, I wonder?

[A/N omg it feels like it's been so long since I wrote something for this but I'm trying to fulfil my New Year's resolution of finishing a story ahh ;w; (plus it's my internship period so I don't have homework and have more time to write yay) so yeah, please enjoy this latest chapter and review if you enjoyed it! ^^ thank you for reading this <3]