Chapter 14

Wanderlust: An EXO Fanfiction

It was quiet as they drove back to their hotel, the night sky like a dark blanket over the world. Stars were scattered across the darkness like diamonds set in black velvet, sparkling like a thousand precious gems.

Kuri sat in the seat in the back corner of their van, her face pressed against the window as she gazed up sleepily at the countryside view that flew past them.

Tao was listening to music and playing a game on his phone, the screen almost too painfully bright in the darkness of the car. Kuri had tried peeking at the game once or twice, but had decided that being temporarily blinded wasn't worth it. She gave up after a while, seeming to prefer looking at the scenery instead.

After all, I'll be going back to Korea soon. Who knows when I'll be back?

Closing her eyes, she imagined what it would be like to fly among the stars, free like the birds. Leaning back in her seat, she relaxed and let the slow rocking of the van lull her into oblivion.

She woke up on someone's shoulder, slowly opening her eyes as she stretched. "Mmh... Where are we ..?" She asked sleepily, looking to her left. Tao was the only one still awake in the dark van, but it was clear that he was already feeling sleepy as his eyelids drooped. "We aren't reaching so soon; go back to sleep." He murmured, wrapping an arm around her and pulling her so that her head rested against his shoulder. It had been a long time since anyone held her like that, and it made her feel safe. Warm.

Her lips still tingled slightly from the kiss, and even without any light, she knew she was blushing, even just thinking of it. She felt the familiar heat steal across her cheeks, and she buried her face in Tao's shoulder, hoping he wouldn't notice.

Slowly, she allowed herself to relax, her mind drifting to the events of that day. The last thing she remembered before she fell asleep once more was the feeling of Tao's warm hand in hers.

She woke up to the feeling of being carried, feeling somewhat groggy as the cold winter air hit her face. Her eyes stung when she opened them, so she decided to just close them and allow whoever it was to carry on with whatever they were doing.

She buried her face in the person's collar, loving the feel of the soft fabric of their coat against her skin. The person gave off a faint scent of cologne; somewhat familiar yet foreign.

Suddenly, she was enveloped in warmth, and she realised they'd stepped into the building. She could hear the clacking of shoes around her, and the soft chatter of familiar voices. Still, she pretended to be asleep, curled up like a child in Tao's arms.

After what seemed like forever- the journey on the elevator had taken exceptionally long- she felt herself being lowered onto a soft bed, as blankets were drawn gently over her.

"Goodnight, Kuri." She heard his soft whisper, and felt his lips touch her forehead once, gently, before he left, the soft closing of the door echoing behind him.

She was wandering through a meadow, alone with her thoughts, as a soft breeze caressed her face and lifted her hair. The grass tickled her bare feet, and the sun's heat warmed her skin. She felt relaxed; happy even. Settling down on the grass with a huff, she noticed the wildflowers blooming around her, and reached to pick them, gathering up a handful of colourful blossoms to weave a crown of flowers.

As she worked, she sang softly to herself; songs she had long forgotten, lullabies from her childhood. As she finished her song, she became aware of how eerily silent the forest had become. The azure sky overhead had suddenly become crimson, and the flower crown she held in her hands now sprouted thorns that wound around her hands, binding her bloodied wrists together.

A shadow stepped out of the shadows, a smirk on a face she knew all too well.

"You again?" She asked, discreetly trying to break free of her chains. She knew she was dreaming, but somehow, the sting of her wrists seemed almost real as she struggled with her bonds.

"Struggling won't work." Taylor laughed, taking a step closer. She flinched back, afraid of the expression he had on his face; it was one that promised violence, and she didn't want to see what pain it would bring.

He took a step closer. Then another. By this time, he was right in front of her, his gaze traveling over her bloody form with a grin.

The pain was blinding and instantaneous. He withdrew his hand, his cold eyes watching her carefully as fresh blood flowed from the claw marks on her cheeks, staining the clear tears that accompanied it. She flinched back, frantically trying to scuttle backwards like a scared insect.

Taylor's features shifted; changed. His brilliant green eyes that she had so loved had turned to a murky yellow, his hands turning into clawed paws. In a matter of seconds, what stood before her wasn't Taylor. It wasn't even human, and as the huge wolf took a step towards her, she heard another low growl behind her, followed by another. And another.

Turning around, her heart in , she spotted four more wolves making their way towards her. The wolf closest to her had his dark eyes fixated on her, and despite its huge size, it seemed inexplicably familiar.

The wolf bared its fangs with a growl, snarling as it made its way to Kuri. With a warning growl, it leapt over Kuri, landing squarely between her and the other wolf.

The Taylor-wolf seemed somewhat taken aback by the sudden arrival of these creatures, his gaze fixed on the midnight black wolf between him and Kuri.

The brownish wolf behind her nudged her with its huge snout, before lifting a paw and deliberately slicing between the bindings that held her. Kuri tossed the stalks aside, trying to wipe the blood off of her skin as she turned anxiously to watch the wolves.

The two wolves were now circling each other, occasionally letting out low growls. Another wolf, a pure white one, leapt into the circle, walking beside the black one as though determined to take part in the fight as well.

The two remaining wolves gently nudged her to get up, standing beside her like protectors as she watched and waited for the inevitable fight.

With a roar of pure rage, the wolf that was once Taylor leapt towards the black one, who easily sidestepped it. However, it couldn't avoid the long claws that slashed at it, opening gashes in its flesh that immediately began to bleed. The black wolf fell back with a whine, taking a moment to assess its wounds before leaping towards its opponent again.

The white one charged over as well, while taking the chance of Taylor being distracted to attack, sinking its sharp fangs into the other wolf's throat. Taylor let out a strangled whimper, trying desperately to push the white wolf off of him. His swiping claws managed to injure the two wolves who were currently clawing and biting at him, but though crimson stained the ground and their fur, matting it in places, the two wolves held on, tearing great chunks of flesh away from their enemy.

Taylor was dying quickly; that much she could see. His whimpers were growing softer, his struggling growing feebler. Yet this only served to make his assailants intensify their attacks, tearing at him almost feverishly as though alerted by how close their prey was to death.

Finally, just before Taylor breathed his last breath, they stopped, panting, as they fell to the ground beside him.

As Taylor turned back into a bloodied, bruised boy, she caught his last words;

"I'm sorry."

[A/N Hello! I'm back! (Hopefully after writing like mad I'll be able to take a break soon hahaha but it's like an addiction omg) but anyways... Thank you for stopping by and reads/reviews/votes are always appreciated!! ^^]