Chapter 7: Suspicion

I'm inlove with a MONSTER


A/N: sorry for the long wait guys, something more important matter came up. T_____T i hope you understand :) 

 


"THE BALLLLL!!!"

 

"Omg. she will gonna hit it."

 

"HEY AMETHYST! WATCH OUT!"

 

Amethyst turned her face to her left side tracing the girl who shouted her name  and she widened her eyes when a ball was speeding fast through her face, since she can't moved her body anymore due to the pannick attack in her consciousness, she don't have any option but to close her eyes admitting her destiny that the ball will gonna hit her.

 

But it never did.

 

When she opened her eyes, she saw a tall guy in front of her.
Even if just his back view, she can surely tell to herself that this is the guy that she's been planning to  avoid starting this day until forever.

 

That guy.

 

"Omg. Lance. how can you stop the ball so fast, wow! omg. that's why i love you so much."


"LANCE! I REALLY WANT TO MARRY YOU. PLS MARRY ME!"

"Lance is mine alone."

Amethyst immediately stood up and starting to walk away while blaming herself on why she's been spacing out this day. Well, on the brighter side of the day, she's been spacing out not because of thinking of that guy' again but on Iris' abscence today. She don't have any cellphone to call her on what happened to her and she don't know too on where her house located to. She hoped that Iris is safe right now.

"Hey wait!~"

She stopped and controlled herself for rolling her heartbeat in but she failed to do it again. 

That guy.

bathump.bathump.

She faced him even though her mind told her not to. She saw him staring at her in his poker face and she stare blankly at him in  response to his even though inside of her, she knew, her heartbeat were starting to beat twicely as it did earlier.

The weather is not still stable. The snow starting to fall hard like it did yesterday, but the warmth, that she felt yesteday too upon meeting him, were starting to brush her heart and somehow this kind of familiar feeling, gradually growing inside.

She failed to control it.
But it's not yet late to do it.

She clenched her fist to shoo away her unwanted feelings.


"what" she said, giving herself a mental applaud for not trembling her voice like she's always been expecting.


"i just want to know if youre okay." he said.

She arched her left eyebrow and turn her back, trying to emphasize that she doesn't care about him.

'Good job, Amethyst'

"I'm not the one who's been hit by the ball okay, so why ask me if im okay? ask yourself." she said. She wanted to unleash her negative emotion to him so that he will get the message that she don't want to talk to him and don't want to get involve with him.

"and please don't try to talk to me again unless it is an urgent one. If the reason on why you keep on pestering me because you don't want your true identity to be let out, don't worry your secret is safe with me, just don't try to talk to me anymore." she said and was about to go but that guy' grabbed her hand and turned her around to let her faced him.

"What do you mean?" 

"Don't try to deny it mister. I know you are the one who saved me from Mark which i thought it was nightmare and you are the one who kept on calling my name in the air ever since i turned 17. You are a monster ri--" Amethyst was shocked when that guy' didn't let her finished her sentence by suddenly pulling her to him and hugged her.

bathump. bathump. bathump

Her eyes widened in great shock and her consciousness suddenly froze and it feels like the world has stop moving and she could only hear her own heartbeat beats abnormally.

What is this?

Still in her weak mind, she managed to push him and stared angrily to him while sending an abstract message through her mind on why he did that.

"I tell you, don't try to talk about it to anyone unless you are with me. please." he softly whispered while staring at her eyes intently like he was asking to spare his life to his predator and then he left without waiting her reply.

And what is that too?

Even though he left for a minute now but she can't still move. She was still stunned of what he did and said to her, like as if her energy was being by a great monster. and speaking of which, why does he want her to shut it unless she's with her? That thought made her mind and heart started to act indifferently again.

"Amethyst"

She snapped out and tried to control herself just for a little bit to mind the person who just called her. She turned her attention to the person who's walking towards her.

It's L.

Did he just witnessed the scene earlier or did he just arrived now?
Did he heard them talking about that guy's true identity? 

"so you two finally back in each others' arms huh?" he said.

so he did  really witnessed it.

"Yeah. I did." he said. She cursed herself silently on why did she uttered that loudly. She slightly raised her left eyebrow when she sense the slight angriness to his voice  and wondered where does it came from but she chose to ignore it.

"what do you mean? I don't even know him." She snorted out, giving him an idea that his theory is not true.

"the hugging scene back there doesn't failed me to conclude that you know each other." here goes his sudden change tone of his voice again. She don't know if he's trying to but all she cared right now is to get away from this place first and let herself loose a little after what happened earlier.

" i cant blame you for misinterpreting it to something, and i dont want to convince you too that were not acquainted to each other, and now, if you'll excuse me, i have to go." she said while slowly turning back to him. Now that he mention the hugging scene back there, she can't control herself from rushing that scene again in her mind along with her unwanted feeling to him too.

URGHH.


"Amethyst" he said that made Amethyst faced him once again. It's not like as if it is his first time to utter her name though but whenever he tried to call her using her name, it seems like he's been speaking it for the first time, somehow. Maybe because, he rarely called her name though.

"It is best for you to ignore him.. " he firmly said it to her while not breaking his gaze to her. Clearly, he was giving a hint that she just talked a dangerous man. 


"No need to remind me, I plan to do it anyways." She said while retreating and found herself at the front of the mirror in ladies room.

Ignore him.

She sighed heavily after repeatedly washing her face, wishing that it could washed up all the memories and the weird feelings growing in her heart of him.


"Hey Amethyst~!"

Amethyst startled and saw Felicity* waving her hand to her face like she's been spacing out for years.

*Leader of the catburies, her nickname is Liz.

Felicity rolled her eyes when Amethyst just responded her a 'what' look to her, like she knows she's gonna do it.


"I know that you've been thinking all day of your bestfriend's sudden absent today, but you need to listen to this okay? Remember our class' assignment regarding whole-class-home-study? in preparation to our pre-final exam this week? Well, Maam Cassie appointed me just now, and she told me, that it should be done in my house, tonight."

'appointed? or you volunteered? hmmm..' Amethyst forced herself not to laugh about it.

"And Amethyst, we will be going to our house, right after the last subject this day. And it's okay if you'll not go, attendance will be checked anyways." Felicity said while spreading a sarcasm tone in the last sentence.

"What?, I haven't ask permission to my dad."

"It's your problem Amethyst. Bye! Gotta tell the rest first about this." She said while exiting.

Urghhh

As far as she wanted not to go, because obviously, it's just a waste of her time and it's still snowing hard plus the fact that her dad might scold her for not asking permission first to him, obviously, she don't have a choice but to go, since it is her class adviser's memo.

She sighed again.

She shook her head and tried to erase the another reason on why she don't want to go.

Because he's there.


She clenched her fists, with a heavy heart, she headed her way.
Anyways, she would just find another reason for her not to go, even if her class adviser might called her father's attention again.

 

 

 

----------

"I don't know too bro, I don't know! you were there! you witnessed it on how i erased her memory of you, i blurred your face and that ugly goblin, and on how i just put that scene as her nightmare, so how the hell did she still recognized you? I haven't failed on my power to anyone, in my entire life dude!" Trey defended himself. 

After Amethyst told him that she knows about his true identity, he immediately told about his friends and went home.
His family builted a two-storey glass house for them to stay while taking his mission, in an open space of the bunch of oak trees five yards away from Amethyst house. Amethyst didn't know that they were just basically neighbors, subtracting the bunch of oak trees that spreaded in five hectars that lapses the closeness in their houses.

"Trey, relax.. we believe in you okay? is just that were trying to find some clues on why does Amethyst still recognized Lance. Tsk! this is bad. Amethyst's life will be at stake in her. If other clans will know, that a certain human except the fruit girl knows our true identity, they will kill her, that's one of the major rule." Sean said while eyeing to Lance.

Lance unknowingly punched the table in his front that made it cracked because of so much desperation not in finding the answer on how did Amethyst still recognized him, but desperation on how to protect her. To fight all the clans even though it will cost his life just to keep her safe is easy for him, but what he's been dying to comprehend here, is that on how to be close to her, to protect her, whereinfact she just made her angry, and was told by her that she don't want to talk to him anymore. Clues were slowly trying to connect now, on why she kept on avoiding him since his first day in the class, because she knew all along that he is a monster.

And there goes the sad part.
That she don't want to be close to him because he is a monster.
Tears trying to rolled in but he punched the table again to pass all his frustration inside, to retreat his tears back.
His ultimate plan of coming in the human world was ruined already. All his life, he just wanted to be with her while sharing their mutual feelings, but right now, he already asserted that it is indeed impossible.
Even if, the chance of talking to her anything under the sun while sharing each other smile, is  already enough to him, even though it will just remained as just like that. nothing more. But still, it's impossible.


"Lance, I know how you feel but why are you so feeling down? The horror side of Amethyst knowing that you are not a human, is the possibility  of paying her life that I know you wouldn't allow that to happen, but Lance, don't you think, it is the best reason for you to stay with her even if she don't like it or not?" Sean said, grinning at Lance while eating apple.

Lance faced Sean and just by looking at his face, he already understood what he meant.

Oh dear god. why does he didn't think about it?
He smiled and shook his head while throwing the pillow beside him and Sean replied him a brilliant laugh. It feels like, Amethyst knowing about his true identity brings a chance to him to slowly closing their gap towards each other, thanks to Sean for clearing his mind pathway to it.

"Or what if I'm going to try to erase her memory again of you, and you'll introduce again yourself to her, and boom, the ultimate dream ship will now be sailing and by that, she wouldn't know your true identity too." Trey suggested.

"Yeah, that's good! You can try it this evening, we will have our home study in one of ourclassmates' house." Sean agreed to his plan.

"I hope she will come."


Well, either of the two, it's fine with him, as long he will be hitching two goals, one is that he was able to protect her and at the same time, he will be able to be close to her.
That thought made him feel so energized.

"Let's go, I think the last subject was already done." Lance said

"Hahaha! What happen to the all gloomy emo dude a while ago huh? Hahaha!" Sean .


He just patted him and laughed.

"Let's just say that there's a slight malfunction of Trey's energy during on erasing her memory of you and he just relatively put it as her nightmare,  that's why she still be able to recognize you, that would be acceptable. The unacceptable part clings to the fact that on why does that girl still remembered Mark, where in fact if a certain monster who acted or lived as a human, died, will be and always forever be, forgotten by humans..." Xander suddenly interrupted

A long silence filled in.
Only the howling of the wind outside which was supposed to be not to be heard because of the tainted glass wall, was made visible  because of what Xander had told about them.

bathump.bathump.bathump

Lance heartbeat were starting to race like they want to escape the reality that they lived in. and so was he. 
He narrowed his eyes to Xander, that will give him a hint to split all his idea regarding this matter.

"And I'm not saying she is a monster too because obviously if she is a monster, we already just know it right from the start. It takes one to know one right? unless..."

"unless what?" Lance stood fully in front of him.

"unless she has this power to prevent us from knowing her true identity." Xander concluded.

Lance was half amazed by Xander's ability to connect the mysteries like a detective, after all that is his other power aside from controlling shadows to humans and monsters though but he was also half anguish about it, there's a huge part of him that wishes Xander wouldnt care about it though. As much as he wanted to jump for joy of knowing the possibility that Amethyst might be one of them, it might lead to future chaos to her because she might hate the possibility that she is a monster too like them.

He saw Xander stood up and wears his jacket and thick neck heater and went upstairs. It looks like he's ready to go out*.


*Since they are black birds, their main entrance and exit doors are in the second floor, so that non birds kingdom couldnt barge in to their house without them knowing it.

"What are you waiting for? Let's go. Let's see if she's a monster or not." Xander continued walking and then fled off.

Never in his whole life he would see Xander so serious about Amethyst.
He smiled and then they followed him.