Chapter 2: The One

I'm inlove with a MONSTER

"NOOOOOOO!!!!"

 

"Hey! Honey, wake up. wake up!"

 

Amethyst suddenly opened her eyes when she heard her dad repeatedly calling her name. She saw Eddie, her dad, in a ready-to-go-outfit plus he's wearing his favorite cap, while holding her shoulders, probably, that was for intensely waking her up. She was still in a great shock, unable to comprehend everything if it was just a real nightmare ago or what?

She massively massaged her mind and clutch her hair and then she saw a tempting glass of water appeared in her sight. She saw Eddie handing it while panting. He must have been running downstairs while getting her some drink to calm her nerves without her noticing it though.

"thanks" 

Eddie sat down, staring at her, waiting her to finish her drink.

"You okay now?"

"Yeah" she said, still unable to distinguish from reality to her dream but she's a lot better now. She somehow had controlled her nerves to calm down.

 

"have you been dreaming this sort of things these past few days?"

 

"No. Just this time."

 

Amethyst let out a long sigh while trying to tell herself that it was just a plain nightmare, nothing more, nothing less. She traced Eddie's eyes while staring her sci-fi, paranormal and horror adventure novels at her feet.

 

"I guess you should stop reading those. I thought James Dashner will give you some inspiration but I was wrong.."

"Oh..no no no. No dad. don't even try to think about it okay. My favorite novels and my favorite author have nothing to do with my nightmare. It's just that I'm totally stress of my school and it haunted in my dreams as well."

She hurriedly picked up the novels, scaring herself that Eddie will trash her escapade novels if she will not get those.

Eddie is an independent anonymous famous author. He's been writing ever since he was still teaching at the university in her place before her mother was still alive, and it didnt stop until they moved in this place. He was the one who recommended James Dashner to her, and the latter part became her favorite author. She saw him standing up while raising his left eyebrow. She could tell that Eddie will mock her because she's been stressing the word school that haunts her, and that gives him an idea that she's lying all along.

 

Duhh. whatever.

 

"sounds creepy huh. I bet your class adviser was trying to rip you because youre ditching her class again."

 

"How did you know? Wait.. have you been watching me while im dreaming about it? how come you didnt help me? That's bad, father."

 

She knew it was a sort of scolding her, but she never mind it at all. There's nothing new about it. She stood up and put  the books on her shelves. She saw Eddie smirked until it became a wide grin. She stopped a little and faced him. She never saw her dad smiling like that after her mom died. All her life, she thought he would just curled up in his room, mourned about her mom's death, burying himself alive by writing overload everyday and everynight non stop with his ultimate buddy-coffee, scolding her because her class adviser called his attention due to her odd behavior thus it disturbed his work or not going out in his room. Yes that's how her mother's death made him worse and eventually it lapses their gap. She wouldnt deny that she was deeply hurt by her mother's sudden death too, even though they are not that close, because she's been working away from them and she was just visiting them twice a month only. but even if that's the case, she still mourned about it but she's able to accept the truth and she knew she can't blame her father for making his life miserable. But he must know also that he's not the only one who lost her, Amethyst too and he still have his daughter who loves him unconditionally.

"What?"

Eddie's voice snapped her back from reality. She still saw him smiling and she can't help herself but to smile too.

"What what?" Amethyst questioned him back

"Haha. you dont know how much you reminded me of my teenage life, that's the exact alibi when my mother try to caught me of not schooling."

"Well guess what, im proud to be Eddie's son after all."

 

"silly girl! okay. i should better be get going. I'm going to meet up the publisher who's interested in publishing my book again and do not expect me in this evening. I wrote a recipe youre going to eat today up until night time and please stop overstress on reading your books or re-reading them. if you feel like sleeping then sleep. You are more important than those pile of pages honey."

Amethyst nodded her head.

It's a new beginning of something new to Eddie. A new chapter for him to move on and to write the remaining chapters and filled it with wonderful memories with his daughter.

Eddie kissed Amethyst's forehead and went out. It's not just another weekend for her though. It feels like as if, she was charged up ten times and was ready to clean up her whole house and to read books all over again. It's not obvious that she was just so happy.

"Take care Father! Don't forget to bring  a three-layered hawaiian pizza!!"

She giggled as she was saw him signing 'okay. She missed her dad  for being like that so much. Amethyst walked over at the side of her bed and saw herself at the full length mirror that she was still in uniform. She's now sensing her heartbeat try to roll again. Never in her whole life she would went up to bed without even changing even if she was super duper tired. but still she's trying to calm herself, not wanting to flash that nightmare again in her mind. She tried to unbotton her blouse but she was shocked when the remaining buttons were gone, and in just a split second, nightmare haunted her again. She saw Mark's hand trying to wreck her clothes that caused her button to vanish, his gross breath, Mark sudden change of appearance, the guy's face, the deep setter icy blue eyes, the large black wings, screams and murmurs and---

 

"ENOUGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!! YOU ARE JUST A NIGHTMAREEE!!"

 

She find herself clutching her head while sitting in the corner after shouting it like crazy.

No. she have to win over that nightmare!

 

 

 

---------------

earlier ago..

 

"She's really undeniably pretty"

He knew it's a cliche line from him ever since he met Amethyst, but whenever he saw her, it feels like he's been saying that word for the very first time in his life. A long breath escaped from his mouth while staring at her intently, not making her escape from his gaze even just for a second. He saw her bading goodbye to her father while smiling purely. 

"Oh boy... she's really pretty."

 

It's Trey.

Before he could punch him, he flew  over to the next branch beside him. 

 

"Oh oh.. youre acting like a jealous boyfriend dude. Hahaha! I was just appreciating your lover's smile not admiring her."  Trey giving him as a-matter-of-fact look.

He just ignored him and continued staring at her. He knew her father wouldnt come this evening because he heard them talking about it, thanks to his ability to hear it even though they are so far from him and how he would want to come her house and make friends to her until she will became her girlfriend. That last thought made him smile.

He's been inlove with her ever since he was just a little, he didnt know if she would still remember of the time when they met when they were just barely 6 years old but after that, even if he was busy training himself to be the next leader to his clan, even just for a second, her image still lingers on his mind.And after that he was being freed from all the trainings, he was busy following her up until they moved in this place and through beneath the air he was able to call her name. 

He immediately stood up when he heard her screaming. He clenched his fist and was about to fly and to see what happens to her but Seth, his friend stopped him from doing so.

"Relax dude! We can come to her anytime if she will scream for help. It's daytime, remember? Humans might see us though."

He gritted his teeth to calm himself but he never sit back again. He can't blame himself from overacting like this after what happened last night. he didnt know why she was being the target of that goblin ever since she moved in , in this place where in the first place she's not the fruit girl and thus, Amethyst's blood is still useless for him though if he will drink it and how many times he warned the goblin of not getting close to her, because aside from the fact that he's been guarding Amethyst just for him only, but moreover to the fact that, he knew all along that goblins cannot be trusted until it happened that night. He clenched his fist again after reminiscing the tragic scene last night.

 

"see? she's okay dude. relax~" Seth put his arms in his shoulder and try to sit him down.

They all know that she's not okay. After what happened last night, in a girl's point of view, it would always left it as a scar in her entire life. He knew that from now on, she will start struggling herself to erased that scene that she'll believe as nightmare and that's totally hurt him. he dont want to see her suffering and how much he wanted to hug her and by hugging her, she will calm down.

"tsk. you know what bro. I know that I always say this to you but bro, why are you always guarding that girl, she is not the fruit girl. You are guarding the wrong one. Stacey is the fruit girl and you must guard her first before anyone else. And I know that you know Stacey right? It's the intelligent pretty chick from Grade 10 Class A dude."

He heard Trey again whining to him again.

 

"Tsk. coming from the chick expert who doesnt even know her name. It's Louise not Stacey. That's what you get for toying lots of girls, just be careful for not mixing our names with your girls' name."

He heard Seth blurted out.

Trey is the heartless cassanova in the group. He would always date different girls from time to time and Seth, is the youngest but he talks like he's the eldest of the group.

"Haha! I'm sorry Felicity.. Oh I mean Seth. Haha. I'm just a human.. I mean an animal who has flaws to." Trey mockingly throw joke about it.

"Whatever, but bro, Trey has a point. Louise will be doing her debut soon, and as soon as possible you should start guarding her before your other rivals will come to her." Seth trying to sound like a guidance counselor to him and not trying to sound like he was scolding him but it still turns out that way.

"too late. Ever since Louise turned 17, L and Renz, guarded her already and I still dont have news of Ashton's whereabouts though" He faced Xander, who is the most serious in the group. Even if he was silent all the time, he knew he wanted him to stop pursuing Amethyst and just get started with the mission of getting the fruit girl.

"What's too late? Lol. they havent started playing it though, the fruit girl doesnt even know them, they just simply guarding her, just like what he did to his precious lover Sofia. so he still have a huge chance dude!" Trey stood up, pointing his finger to him while eyeing to Xander.

"It's Amethyst, Trey, not Sofia."

Seth corrected him

"Whatever. She looks like Sofia." Trey sat down

 

Seth let out a heavy sigh. he knew the air is getting serious upon hearing him sighing, and it will always followed by a golden sermon coming from Seth for him to realize everyday that he should prioritize his clan first over his heart.

"you know what, it's really okay if you want to fight what's really in your heart and the girl you love the most, even if she's an animal or a human, there's nothing wrong about it. but always remember that your situation is different from us. You are an eldest son of the royal blooded clan of us black birds, you are our only hope to make our clan be the leader again in our world. It's been just long ago when your grandfather and black bird clan reigned, and after that, the next eldest sons of black birds failed to bring back our crown, and it's time for us to bring back the original mighty ruler through you, bro. and now, if you really dont want to follow the golden rule of marrying the fruit girl and you will fight your love for Amethyst, then it's okay for us. We are not just your ordinary friends dude, were like brothers right?, were here to support you, it's your decision. But is your decision is really okay with your parents? this decision will not affect your life only, you know your family too well. they are so influential dude. they can put someone's life into danger no matter whoever and what he is. and by sayin that, it doesnt exclude anyone. Even Amethyst"

 

He felt his heartbeat stop in a few second. He slowly faced Seth and reality snapped him back that the bottomline of what he's trying to point out is Amethyst will be in danger if he keeps on disobeying his parent's rule. And he was so fool all this time, and a familliar questioned was thrown over him on why the goblin attacked her whereinfact she's not the fruit girl, it's because, it's his parent's manipulation.

He felt three paired of gazes stared at him intently like they were waiting for his answer. He stood up and once again he called her name beneath in the air.

~amethyst

 

He saw her turning her head on different direction trying to find again his voice again.

 

~Wait for me.

 

And then he flew away.