Chapter 5: The Blackbird

I'm inlove with a MONSTER

Friday the 13th.

Probably one of the most known cursed dates in calendar marked by the people who have somehow belted their beliefs that they get to have unlucky day to it.

And Amethyst had just justified this theory. It's Monday again and she can really feel the growing coldness since yesterday  and she can't help it but to curse at it, and now snowflakes have been raining on her while she's on the way to the school earlier.

 

Winter.

 

The season that she hated the most. Memories were trying to rolled in but she bit her lower lip to stop herself from remembering her mom's death. She put all the blame to the season due to the fact it is the reason why her mom needs to go home and be with them despite the heavy snow.

 

"Amethyst!!!"

 

Amethyst snapped out and traced Iris' voice who was then running towards her while waving her hand.

 

"Hey~ care to tell me why you're not here this morning" Amethyst said.

 

"Our math teacher isn't here right? second, we just have to continue our lab activity that we did last meeting in our physics class, but i'm done already so there's no problem for me to be absent in that class and for the third one, I know that our English teacher wouldn't be here since its Monday and she's probably had been lying down on her bed all day long. in short, i don't have any reason for me to school this morning. but sadly, i cant missed my literature class and everybody else too and thanks for waiting and... wait a minute.. i should be the one asking you on why you're in school today. it's the first snow. remember?" Iris gasped for breath after saying those to her while clinging her arms to her.

 

"Well, you know I love Winter" Amethyst blurted out with an obvious hint of sarcasm.

 

"Ha ha. I know right" Iris laughed.

 

Amethyst just rolled her eyes and then she smiled. One reason why Amethyst was slowly coping up all the burdens and chaos that she's been feeling too after her mom died, the mysteries happened last week and the weird feeling of missing the unknown guy's voice is that because of Iris. Even though Amethyst didn't told Iris about what keep's on bothering her, but still Iris respected that, and she knew she was trying to make her feel that she was not alone in the battle and on whatever Amethyst is facing right now. She supported her by making her laugh and showering her mushy things. Even though it kinda annoyed her because she don't like mushy things but still she really appreciated it so much.

 

TIINNGGG~~

 

They hurriedly went inside the room. As usual, it is their class adviser's subject, which is literature, so being late is a big no no to her.

Amethyst headed to her desk quickly as her other classmates hurriedly went to their desks too. Just like her, they seemed so afraid to their class adviser too.

 

"Im so worried about teacher Renz? Is he sick? He's not been showing for the entire day. I missed him so badly."

"Yeah. i went to his office to give this cookies that i made yesterday but he's not there."

 

Amethyst let out a sigh when they heard them crying loudly after the catburies said those.

"Don't worry he's just okay.. He was just busy finishing something.."

 

Amethyst turned her attention to Louise  as she suddenly blurted out that words to them. The catburies suddenly stopped from crying while facing confusedly to Louise. They raised their left eyebrows in chorus while the leader of the group stood up. Louise covered as she was silently blaming herself on why she told them about it.

 

"And why do you know about it?" The leader of the catbury said.

 

"Well...." Louise stared at them intently. She then straightened her body up and raised her chin's up after she stared at Amethyst who was then staring at her, waiting her to answer the leader of the catbury.

 

 

"Well.. he texted me.."

 

 

A tsunami of whispers flooded in. Louise seemed not to bother by it, as a matter of fact she was enjoying that she was now the center of gossip in the class. She's enjoying the fact that there are two popular boys who were running head over heels to her.

 

Whatever.

 

"Why it seems like you are so into him wherein fact you have boyfriend already? He is our lord L and how dare you to cheat on him you ing filthy !" The leader yelled at Louise while she's controlling herself not to slap her. Louise on the other hand just turned her head and diverted her attention to the book she read a while ago.

 

"Don;t... blah blah blah"

 

 

 

Amethyst rolled her eyes while getting her notebook and her pen. This kind of freaking show annoyed her so much. She turned her head to the window pane and lifted out her right hand and wiped off the snow dust in it. The place has turned slowly into a white town because of the rooftops and trees slowly covered by the snow. 

 

Sigh

 

She really tried to do lot of things in her house just to wrapped the longingness of that 'streak' but she failed to do it. His voice that she used to hear it everyday ever since she turned 17 has unknowingly rooted in her heart. She don't know when, why, what and how does it happened to her but she still keeps on searching on clues to answer the questions that stung to her heart.

 

".....don't try me Louise. even if you are our SSC  president, I would give you no mercy if you are going to flirt with Teacher Renz again! For god sake, you have L already! and--"

 

"stop it now Liz, teacher Cassie is coming" Shishio said, an exchange japanese student who was the class vice president.

 

A/N: SSC means supreme student council~~ (*U*)

 

 

Amethyst silently thanked God for making them to stop. She absentmindedly doodled her notebook, trying not to mind her classmates who was now in their great posture when her class adviser entered.

 

"Good afternoon Class.."

 

"Good afternoon Maam"

 

"These past few months,  this university had been so popular of its transferred and exchange students, even if were now in the middle term but then the school administration still accepted them and let them catch up the lessons. They'll just have to do remedial projects anyway if they're not able to patch things up. In line with this, another group of students who has just transferred just now, and the board of committee choose this class as their  section for this semester. so please be good to them. Pls go inside now transferree's!"

 

The class, except Amethyst who was then engrossed on doodling something on her notebook, turned their heads in chorus when the group of guy entered the room. A complete silence followed as if there's million of angels passed by. 

and then...

 

 

"KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA~~~~~~~~~"

 

 

Amethyst suddenly  dropped her pen on the floor when she heard all her classmates, shrieked so loud.

 

URGGHHH!!!

 

She bowed her head below immediately to look for her pen when her class adviser started to scold her classmates, but even if so, her classmates, last time she checked was so afraid of her class adviser, has become so fearless of disobeying her for keeping their feels in control. Everyone of them was overly swooned over by the group of transferree's. (what's new about it) Amethyst pushed her desk outward to space herself to go down on the floor to find her pen. She bit her lower lip to control herself in slapping her classmates' feet because they keep on stomping their feet and they were so pretty hyped up because of the transferrees.

 

URGGHH! 

 

Catburies syndrome had already been infected throughout in their class without her knowing it. She smiled when she saw her pen lifelessly lied down at Iris feet, as she was about to grab it, Iris kicked her pen outside in the aisle of her desk. She furiously slapped Iris' feet for doing it.

 

"Class quiet pleaseee!! Don't squeal so loud! be in your best behavior please..okay boys, introduce yourselves now."

 

Amethyst started to creep after Iris made her a space for her to take her pen in the aisle. She don't want to stand just to get her pen in the middle of this scene wherein these transferrees were introducing their selves. Amethyst knew it for sure that her class adviser would love to scold someone at this moment.

 

"Hello I'm Seth, 17 years old. nice to meet you all"

 

Amethyst let out a victory sigh when she was able to crawl in the aisle completely from their seats but her eyes widened when she saw her pen was moved further away from her again. This time it was in the second seat, still in the aisle.

 

"OMGGGG. he is so cute. My god. omg. omg. omg.he's my type. icantbreath"

 

"Hello I'm Trey! I'm 19, please take good care of me"

 

"OMGGGGGGGGG. did he just winked at me? my goodddd.."

"yes he just winked but he didn't winked at you. hmp!"

 

 

"Yow. I'm Xander. 19 too."

 

Amethyst crawled slowly to get her pen without distorting the class attention most especially to her teacher who was now in the mode of ready-to-kill-someone due to the fact that the class has totally been disobeying her ever since the transferrees' entered the class.

 

 

"OMG.... I just died! His voice! his voice. his existence is my pleasure in my life. OMG. OMG!!!"

"Shut up okay. It's now the last guy turn to speak."

"Omg. im waiting  for his name too."

 

"okay. how about you? please introduce your name."

 

"uhmm. hi-"

 

"MS. AMETHYST SAW WHAT ARE YOU DOING THERE?!!"

 

Amethyst let out a silent cursed as she was not able to move in her place. She know that this would happen in the first place but right now, she don't have any choice but to accept her fate.  The end road of her life.

 

"DO YOU HAVE ANY PLANS ON STANDING UP MISS SAW?"

 

Double shame.

 

She stood up immediately and faced her.

 

"Sorry Maa'm... I was just-"

 

"hi.. I'm Lance~"

 

 

"KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA~~~~~~~~~"

 

Amethyst turned her head to the familiar tall guy in the center who was staring at her so intently and she slowly widened her eyes in great shock.

 

It's him.

 

 

HE IS THE GUY WHO SAVED HER FROM MARK.

 

Badump. badump. badump. badump.

 

His eyes weren't in icy blue anymore but other than that, he was still the same most handsome guy she ever met for her entire life. 

 

Badump. Badump. badump. badump

 

Her heart pounded more when she recognized his voice.  This is the voice that she's been wanting to hear for three weeks now. This is the voice that she used to hear everyday but it left her in so much pain and longingness when she's not able to hear it. This is the voice that until now she is so confused on why on earth she missed it so much and most of all this is the voice that cured her restless mind and heart inside when the mysteries bugged her.

 

 

Badump. badump. badump.

 

Although her classmates were still squealing and was so hyped up because of their feels but still it seems like she can't hear it anymore. She can only hear her heartbeat started to race and banged so loudly.

 

badump. badump. badump

 

She don't know why her heartbeat pounded so much when she knew that the voice that she used to hear everyday and the guy who saved her was the same all along. 

 

Badump. badump. badump. badump.

 

 

"Hey~" He softly whispered as if like he's whispering in her ear. His eyes glimmered like he's sending a millions of volts through his senses that made the butterfly on her stomach gone wild.

 

 

badump. badump.badump.badump

 

"AMETHYST SAW! DO YOU HAVE PLANS ON GOING TO YOUR SEAT?"

 

She immediately snapped out after hearing the teacher's loud voice. Amethyst saw Louise raised her eyebrow and looked  at her so intently when she hurriedly return to her seat. Her classmates, most particularly the catburies and the next generation catburies, have been sending death glare to her.

 

 

A/N: Catburies- flirt girls

 

"Do you know him?"

 

She abruptly turned her head to Iris who was then staring to their class adviser-who was starting to give  house rules after the long sermon pertaining to Amethyst. 

 

 

"wha... wha... what?" Amethyst stammered while trying to divert her attention to her. That guy has been staring at her like he's eyeing to his prey that's why she couldnt help but to fret about it.

 

 

" I said,do you know him?" Iris looked at her straight to her eyes. She looked at Amethyst with so much confusion to her face and she can read, somehow and she's been wondering about it, the extreme sadness that hides in the corner of Iris' eyes, but she immediately ignored it. 

 

"me? what? no.? I mean.. of course not." Amethyst tried to hide the 'in-denial'tone of her voice but somehow she knew she failed to do it.

 

"okay boys.. fill in to the vacant seat now."

 

"Omg. i hope Lance will sit next to me."

"Jack, hurry! please moved out. find another seat so that Lance will sit next to me."

"Lord please. I hope Lance will sit next to me, I will try not to cheat my boyfriend starting today, if you will let him sit right next to me."

"It's okay if its not Lance, but let me sit beside one of s please."

 

Amethyst saw the transferrees moved slowly and chose to sit in the middle of the column of the seats which miraculously happened to be a vacant one. And the guy, sits in the row in line to them, who was as-a-matter-of-fact, sitting next to Iris. She then saw him staring to her but she immediately faced her class adviser even though her attention was still on that guy who was still staring on her.

 

badump. badump. badump

 

Her heartbeat still beating so fast and she can feel her palms sweating already...

 

"... Ms. Cruz again. Class, i'm just going to remind you that the second quarter of your examination period is next next week and most all of you has not been totally grown up from your scores. you are still failing except Miss Louise Cruz, Miss Iris Allen and Miss Caitlin Reyes from this subject alone. Starting from now, you have to double your time to study okay? or else, im going to call your parents one by one." 

 

Amethyst heard her classmates groaned and she can feel the frustration upon them too. She failed all her subjects of her first grading period and she just have to rely now the Auxiliary quizzes and activities imposed by the teacher who she failed to pass. Auxiliary quizzes are the remedial activities for the failing students only, the scores of that activity will be added to their final grading for them not to fail the subject.

 

She saw Louise stood up and unexpectedly faced them with so much confidence but she particularly stared to that guy.

 

"to summarize the topic last meeting, teacher Cassie discussed the mere existence of creatures that the normal people used to laugh about it or even doesn't care about it but they didn't know that they are there, living so peacefully. Fox, wolf, snake and black bird are said to be the strongest beasts in their world and the eldest sons come from these clans were going to fight their crown as the next mighty ruler but they have to undergo one basic consideration for them to be hail as one. First, they are going to fight each other until one of them surrender, but even if that monster defeated all of the monsters, he will not still be qualified if he's not be able to marry and mate the fruit girl. This fruit girl is define as either a human or a monster, the successor of the monster world for the following years and lies to her the great protection of the monster world from any villains and destruction. That's why, these monsters need to hurry up on winning the fruit girl's heart and not to divert his attention to any girl because the real fruit girl will be soon turn to 18, and they know what will happen if they'll not able to make it" 

 

thump. thump.

 

Her heartbeat started to race real slow this time like as if someone has stomping her heart real hard. Upon hearing those accurate information, she connoted the gist of it. Monster.

She forgot that the guy who was in the classroom right now is a monster. He is a monster that pretends to be  a human to target his prey. Even though she will assert to herself that he is a good man but still, he is different from her. She needs to avoid his league as much as possible. A strong pain strike to her heart from nowhere upon realizing the bottom line of everything. Amethyst don't know why she's disappointed and hurting of knowing that he is a monster. She's not afraid of him though, its just that their fate seemed to clash because they are living in a different world.

 

 

Amethyst saw Louise smirked while staring at that guy intently like she's giving him a secret message for him to understand alone only. And the guy gritted his teeth while staring at Louise and then he slowly bowed down his head, sighing so heavily and then stared at Amethyst. She can't resist on staring back at him but she quickly divert her gaze to Louise and continue to remind herself that he is a monster and thus, they are not compatible to each other.

 

 

 

"Wow. that was so intense summation. You did not just summarized my discussion last meeting but half of the book as well. What do you expect from the future valedictorian? Ill give you a perfect score for your oral this week. Let's give Ms. Louise Cruz a hand please."

 

The class gave her an applause while she was taking her seat. She saw Louise threw a  sweet smile to that guy before she faced their class adviser who was now starting to continue her discussion last meeting. As much as she wanted to focus her attention to her, but still her mind and heart have its mind on its own, they are trying to contemplate on the fantasy things that she assumed to be not real appeared to be as one. She don't know if she can handle it any longer without anyone knowing it but the corner of her mind had concluded that Louise knows about  that 'guy' already.

 

TIINNGGGG~~

 

Once again, her thoughts made the time shortened again.

 

"Okay class, don't forget to study. were going to have our quiz next meeting. goodbye class!" Teacher Cassie said and then eventually left before the class did.

 

"Hi Lance~~ I'm Felicity, you can call me Liz.. and I would like to invite you to my--"

 

"I'm not interested" Amethyst faced the guy who had been encircled by the bunch of girls, some of them were so busy capturing them secretly and most of them were trying to get closer to them, so she immediately clear her things up for her to escape from him immediately.

 

"'Im interested.. what event is that?"

"Omg! really Trey? Omg. I kennot."

"Sorry girls, but he's not going either. he's just joking."

"Is that so Seth? I hope you can go too.. I mean.. all of you."

"Nah. It's just a waste of time."

"Don't mind Xander, he's not just used of these affection coming from pretty girls like all of you"

"Kyaaaaa~~ How sweet blah blah blah"

 

Amethyst saw Iris left first without waiting her, she don't know why her mood changed since the start of the class. She presumed that there's something that bugged her so she just let her go. She then hurriedly took her knapsack and sneakingly went out while secretly wished that the 'guy' wouldnt noticed her and she headed her way to the door with a successful smile on her face. She guess.

 

Before Amethyst do her exit, she saw Louise who was standing alone outside at the front door while staring angrily to the transferrees- who was now clearing their things up.

 

"Where's your chaperon? er..i mean.. your boyfriend. the one who fetches you everytime?" Amethyst suddenly blurted out to her, its too late for her to realize that they were not that close for her to ask that one. 

 

"excuse me? are you implying that my boyfriend ditched me?" Louise folded her arms while raising her voice to her.

 

That's what she guessed for misinterpreting things up because they're not friends. She raised her hands up and then she folded her arms too.

 

"I didn't mean anything Louise, so chill okay."

 

"DON'T CALL BY MY FIRST NAME IDIOT. YOU ARE NOT MY FRIEND! AND--"

 

"Hey!"

 

Amethyst and Louise turned their heads abruptly to where the guy's voice is coming. It's L and company. She saw L staring to her and Louise back and forth.

 

"Why are you fighting?"L said, sounded like a protective boyfriend to his girlfriend.

 

"Let's just leave this idiot alone, she was just trying to make a scene to be known as a freaking starlet of the show." Louise calmed down while clinging to L. Right there at that moment, Amethyst concluded that Louise, has somehow have slowly turned her true colors. She always hide her evil side from the beginning and was trying to act like a kind, loving, intelligent and a pretty leader to the campus.

 

"Damn so pathetic.." One of s, who she assumed the right hand of L, because he's the most serious member of his group.

 

"yeah.. right. you can tell it from her appearance. Next time, find a girl that will match your level, because Louise is unreachable.. got it? HAHAHA" the smallest of the group said. She can't help it but to snort at it. It is one of the guys who bullied Iris by fakingly barking that made her annoyed so much. They don't know on how much she's planning to punch these two  joker faces until catburies wouldn't recognize their faces anymore.

 

"Owh. ha ha. dude, she just snorted at you. Ha ha. you just showed to us, how pathetic you are. you must find friends that suit you. Oh. Iris is the perfect fit for you. Ha ha." the other guy said.

 

Amethyst rolled her eyes while groping her bag. She don't know why she's not been hurting all the words that they've been throwing to her. Maybe because, their accusations are false.

 

"Are you now done? okay. did you guys realized that you acted like a mean girls-wanna bee's in a certain drama? like really.. your harsh words are perfectly fit for mean girls only and not for mean boys.." Amethyst then let out a short chuckle.

 

"WHAT? I'M NOT GAY!!" The last guy yelled at her.

 

"Oopps. don't convince me.. try telling that to yourself mister! Hahaha~Ba bye!" Amethyst immediately turned around and walked away.

 

 

"Hey! ! What the-- you... what the--" Amethyst heard him stammered while she's heading on her way. She really thanked God again for not letting her war freak side let out again. She knew that she just stepped down on their pride as a man, well it is a redemption of teasing Iris. And speaking of Iris, she needs to talk to her first thing in the morning tomorrow. It's the first time that she's walking all alone to her home and she's not used to it. She stopped at the waiting shed outside of their school gates. All the students have their luxury cars to fetch them that's why its no wonder for her that she was all alone in the waiting shed waiting the snow to pour mildly. She took the gloves and bonnet out of her knapsack and wears it, she forgot to bring her jacket that's why she needs to get out from that place for her not to be frozen from cold. As she was about to head down despite the not-so-heavy-snow, someone grabbed her hand and immediately faced that someone.

It's L.

 

Corrected

 

She pulled her hands away and diverted her attention on the opposite of his gaze.

Tsk.

Amethyst couldn't deny herself that she was a little bit disappointed  of him because she thought he would say something to make his friends stop from saying rude things to her. She thought that he was different from his friends based on the last time that she's been with him, but by not interfering or stopping his friends to make someone looked so dumb at their front is a great way to conclude that he is one of them.

 

Tsk.

 

 

The snow will pour so hard any minute now and she was still in the waiting shed.

 

"What did you do to Louise?" Amethyst surprisingly didn't find his voice nagged at her, or something like so furious at her. It seems like it appears to him like a normal conversation tone but even if so his intended message is accusing her all along that she did something on her precious girlfriend. Figures.

 

"I don't know. but don't worry, i will not talk to your girlfriend anymore." Amethyst took her bonnet and then fixed her hair. 

 

"I never said that you cant talk to her, but i think its better for you not to talk to her. anyways, i came her to apologize of how my friends acted a while ago and-"

 

"I will not still going to accept it, they were the one who said those rude things to me right so they should be the one who will apologize to me. got it? and don't worry i will not talk to your group anymore." Amethyst let out a heavy sigh. And then again L grabbed her hand and pulled her closer to him.

 

"Hey~ are you mad at me? I cant stand you treating me so coldly" L said in whisper but she can still hear it. 

 

Amethyst immediately faced L but she saw a pair of eyes glaring furiously at her.

 

That is the 'guy.

 

badump. badump. badump.

 

She don;t know why he's angry to him but she ignore it and faced L.

 

"a..uhmm..a im not..mad okay.bye~" Amethyst runs off quickly without waiting his answer. She run as fast as she could like she's counting her life in a seconds. She's trying to erase the guy in her mind as much as possible. She stopped first at the tree after affirming to herself that she runs off pretty far now, the snow has now pouring so heavily. She's not worrying about it though, since she can already see her house. 

 

"Hey~"

 

badump. badump. badump.

 

She straightened her body up and her blood were starting to rage from her body. Her heartbeat banged so loud and she was so afraid that he might hear it. Despite the coldness that embraces her, she can still feel the warmth of his voice at his back. 

 

It's him.

 

It's him.

 

Oh god. It's him.

 

It's totally him.

 

 

She cant moved her body and she cant totally faced him. It feels like blood were rushing and lurking to her face and she don't know how to hide it for him not see it.

She felt that the guy walked in front of him.

 

"Hey~"