Chapter 3: The Dog

I'm inlove with a MONSTER

"Amethyst! Wait for me!"

~Wait for me

Amethyst suddenly stopped from entering the room. It's been two weeks since that nightmare happened. Although it still bugs her everytime she remembered that dream but somehow she's able to control it, but what she bothered her the most for these past two weeks is that the air's voice ringing into her mind. She presume that the voice that called her name everyday and the voice that says wait for me beneath the air comes from one man. 
Somehow she's able to overcome easily of the cursed nightmare because of that soothing voice of him, it kinda cured her inside and for some odd reason, she try to find that voice and waited him to speak again right after she heard him saying wait for me, but she can't no longer feel his prescence through the air and even can't hear him calling her name like he used to do it everyday. And she didnt know what happened to her, on why on earth she's hopelessly waiting for him to speak again.
A long sigh comes out from .

"What is wrong with you Amethyst. you are supposed to be happy about it right, because maybe, he already stop bothering you." Amethyst murmured while scolding herself.
She really can't fool herself for not missing his voice.

Amethyst shook her head, hoping that her head will be shaken thoroughly and will forget about that voice.

"Hey! I said wait for me.."
Amethyst looked directly at the girl who stands beside her. It's Iris.

"Hey.." Amethyst, trying to cheer up her mood by highing the tone of her voice, while making her way to her sit.

"Wow. are you really the real Amethyst? or are you her twins? don't you know that Amethyst hates Math Class and she's been ditching this class ever since?" Iris tapped her desk while sitting beside her.

"Whatever. I'm not in the mood Iris."

"Yeah. Speaking of which,beside the fact, that youre not ditching your classes anymore, you have totally not wearing your favorite cap and your sneakers. Well, you didnt put any make up though, so i conclude that there's no one courting you or there's no any guy involved that made you change like that. so what made you change? who the hell is that? I'm just going to greet her/him that he/she really did a good job to you" 

Iris is probably the weirdest friend of all time but she loves her for knowing her likes too well. She's the only person who knows and understand about her liking caps, sneakers and ditching class. She's tolerating Amethyst's bad habit but everyday she never failed to give a phrase of sermon coming from her while giving her notes what their teacher tackled about. that's how she is. 

Amethyst sighed again.
That's why she's guilty for not telling her what's bothering her-the nightmare, beside the fact that she's still hasnt moved on yet and she dont want to talk about it but she's really trying to find words how to make her understand plus the fact that Mark-her ultimate crush was involved in it.
And speaking of which, she still hasn't saw Mark two weeks from now too. She's been preparing herself to avoid him for her to be able not to flash back again the nightmare she had, but she dont know what happened to him on why he's been absent two weeks now. Maybe her class adviser knows about it. 

Amethyst faced Iris, who was then waiting her answer.

"Maybe I can tell you later, since the class will start soon."

"I hate spoilers! You just can tell me now, beside, they will be late for sure because there are group of guys who just transferred in our school earlier, and half of the girls in this school were swoon over them. That's why they are in the campus oval right now, busy welcoming those hearthrobs"  Iris snorted out while playing her eyeballs like she doesnt care about those guys. 

"I've been distracted about this nightmare for the last two weeks. and it still haunts me everytime it flashes in my mind and whenever i think about it."

Amethyst saw Iris face became worried while moving her chair closer to her.
As expected.

"Ohh. why you didnt told me about it, i would have come to your house and sleep over you know. i guess maybe that nightmare had been haunting you because you just  keep on suppressing that on yourself, maybe you can let it out by screaming or maybe confiding it to me."

That is her clue to proceed on telling her what's her nightmare all about and maybe she was right after all on why her nightmare always haunts her because she keeps on keeping it to herself, thats why she didnt noticed that she was being buried alive by it.

"I dont know what happened, it really appears real to me... when i was heading to my way home, I saw Mark, he turned into a monster and he wanted to eat me alive and there's another monster appeared in the scene, he's trying to save me by killing Mark and even if i didnt saw him killing Mark, but i can still feel Mark's scream when that monster killed him..."

Amethyst, although it's vague but she knew she was successfully ended up telling her the cursed nightmare to Iris without breaking down or flashing her nightmare in her mind again.. She saw Iris, still in her poker face unable to move.

"Oww. i guess you have to get rid of reading fictional novels."

"My father told me the same thing."

"Because we have the same knowledge about it but what bothered me the most, if it's nightmare why does it bugs you even in daytime if its just only appears once right?"

That made Amethyst startled.
That's her point all along. Why does it bugs her if it wasnt real after all? and why does it keeps on flashing to her even if she wasnt sleeping?

"Or maybe because, that Mark is something really closed to you. By the way, who is he? I haven't heard you talking some other guy except your father"


"What?"

"Who's Mark?"

"Who's Mark? He is our classmate. Duhh. Your crush remember? " Amethyst gave her as-a-matter-of-fact look and she saw Iris faced at her while smiling widely.
Amethyst snorted out. she knew Iris really love to with him.

"Amethyst, really. what's your game? I dont know who he is. I dont remember someone whose named is Mark"

Hundred of angels passed between them that made them filling silence in the air. She can feel her heartbeat starting to race already while staring at Iris' eyes, searching a dainty hint that she's was just fooling her.

But she's not.

She can feel her cold sweat running through her face and her palm became sweaty. It thrilled her off and she's still hoping that she was just joking for not knowing who is Mark.

No. it couldnt be.
No. please dear God.
How come he doesnt know him.
She has a huge crush on him and Mark is their classmate.

"Are you serious Iris? if you are joking to me for not knowing him, i swear i will never talk to you" Amethyst seriously asked her.

"Oh my God. I didnt know that nightmare has gotten in your life already. Im dead serious Amethyst, I dont know about him."

Her heartbeat raced so hard like she was having heart attack in any minute now but she's still trying to calm her nerves. She tried to pinch her skin but she cried for help.

Oh dear God.
What's happening.

"are you okay Amethyst?" Iris worried face and voice filled in the air.

"ye..yeah. I guess I'm going to ditch Math class this time.Maybe I should take a rest first" Amethyst hurriedly put her books in her bag.

"Ohh Amethyst, please do. I seriously believe that you are battling that nightmare so hard. Don't worry about your class participation. Please rest well. okay?" 

Amethyst immediately bade her a quick goodbye and heads off the room, she needs to find some answer whether Iris is telling the truth or not. She thanked the heaven's above that her class adviser's room wasnt hard to open. Teacher Cassie,her class adviser, probably, wasnt there maybe because she's attending to the transferree's welcome tribute.
She entered the room after giving some quick look if there's someone who sees her, luckily, there no one in there. She thoroughly searched his name but there's no Mark's name listed on the official registered student's name on the list. 

"Jesus Christ, don't tell me that my nightmare was true all along. but even if it's true, why is it that Mark's existence was suddenly erased and why am i the only one who still knows about him?"
She immediately went out and hurriedly went to the registrar that is the last thing and the solution of her answer.
Amethyst finds out that there are ten people in the school who named after him but there's no one in them who she's been looking for. Meaning, there's no trace Mark's existence there.

Was she just only imagining that she has a classmate whose named is Mark?
Or was Mark only appeared to him because he was just targeting her all along? 

"URGHHHHH!!!"

As much as she wanted to go home and take some rest because of the impossible happenings happened today, but she can't afford to missed her last subject again. 
With her heavy heart, she slowly headed to the clinic's room. She need some medicine to calm her nerves and to take some rest also while waiting the bell to ring for her last subject. 

Oh dear God.


She don't know what happened to her life anymore. She don't know if the world has gone crazy or she's the only one who turned crazy without her, noticing it. But even if she can't choose neither of the two, the bottomline of it is the word crazy. Everything has gone crazy and it will be crazier each time now if she will not be able to find an answer.


"Hey!!~"

She stopped and slowly faced the unfamilliar guy who smilingly stood in front of her while gazing at her intently. Even though he's smiling at him, but still his eyes were sending lots of unexpressed words and she can really feel a very strong energy that comes from somewhere that were trying to enter her senses and her nerves but it went down on the latter part.

What was that?

She don't know if it has something to do with her nightmare again or not but still she choose to ignore it.
She bowed down and faced him again.
She was all drowned of the heavy thought a while ago, that's why she's been walking like a zombie on the way to the clinic to the extent that she didnt noticed that there's a guy who she's about to crashed with. On a second thought, there's four of them and lots of girls, she knew they had been following them while still staring at them.

Are they the new transferree students in the school that Iris was talking about?

"Sorry mister, I was just thinking so hard and I wasnt minding my way."

Amethyst immediately headed her way to the clinic. She thinks that her head will explode any minute now. She feels like the world's problem has been swaying in her shoulders that's why she can't walk straight.
She abruptly stop from walking while trying to  escape from the crowd.

"OH MY GOD! I NEVER SAW SOMEONE SO HANDSOME LIKE L RIGHT? OMG!"

Amethyst heard one of the girls scream while making her way out to the crowd.

"Thank you Lord, for making someone like L and were so lucky,that they choose to enroll in our university"

"Well, we just have to thank Louise for this, for without her, the group of that jaw dropping princes wouldnt come in our university.Didnt he said that the reason why they are here because he wants to pursue his feelings to Louise"

"yeah. and I ingly envy our ssc president. to think of it, she already have everything, richness, intelligence, beauty and super duper hot and handsome boyfriend. Urghhh!"

"Even if so, i still dont like her and I want L for myself only"

"Me, im just going to give  L to Louise, and I will try to choose one of s instead. I can compete Louise for having everything."

"Yeah.. yeah me too."

"Why give it to Louise instead giving it to me?"

Amethyst exasperatedly let out a heavy sigh again. These bunch of catburies will make her life span shorter more than the happenings happened today.
Urghh

"Excuse me please.."

She tapped the girl's shoulder in front of her who still into talking about the transferees. She gritted her teeth and clenched her fist.

"Don't try my patience okay?"

instead of hearing it, the girl just replied her a long squeal that made her blood boiled up.

"Omg. he's staring at me.. Oh my God~~ how do i look girls? How do i look? OH MY GOD. HE'S MAKING HIS WAY TO ME. L is coming to my waaayyyy"

"I SAID EXCUSE MEE!!"

Amethyst shouted at her that made the crowd stunned.

"will you please move or do you want me to give you some quick side whip kick for you to understand the word excuse me?"

She's not a warfreak but all the commotion happened today made her to do it to her and plus the fact that she was surrounded by these catburies. Nobody can tell on how much she hated these skunks. Amethyst saw that their faces were terrified while giving her a big space for her to get out.

"Good girl"

And then she continued walking like a zombie again. 

"Oh dear God. I really need some medicine right now"

 

--------

"Hey L! are you listening?"

He heard Jake's voice that snapped his senses back but still he didnt faced him. 
He didnt know on how long did he spent on thinking that strange girl that he met earlier.

He smirked again.

Still thinking about on how the girl's thought appears nothing to her, he can't see nor he can't feel her thought.  And the most exciting part that left him stunned is that, she's the only one who can wreck his mind control barrier.

He can't help himself but to smirk again.
How can a normal human like her can break it?
Sounds interesting.

"Just leave him alone bro. He's inlove. We all know that he's busy thinking on what he's going to do next for Louise, to make her fall in love with him. Awwee. how lovely." Thorn said, elbowing Jake who is sitting next to him. He then confidently put his legs in the table.
Dog's habit though.

Dark immediately punched Thorn's legs that made him jokingly yelped for help.
"Were in school, remember?" Dark threw a serious sermon in his gritted teeth. " and... what did you say? In love? Haha! Using her is different from loving." 

"Okay! I stand corrected." 

"If i were you dude, I will just going to negotiate her to marry you, so that we dont have to go too far just to get her, beside the fact that soon she will turn 18, it's really obvious that she's really into you." Dark said while taking a long sip to his fave canned soda.

"Don't talk to her as if she's just only an ordinary cheap girl, Dark. She is the fruit girl. She's our soon-to-be-queen." Jake giving him an instant punch line that made Dark's hands surrender in the air.

"Agree and you know what Dark, you just showed how lame you are. What negotiate? Louise is not a dog like you, like us. She's a human. You must conform it in a human way to make her swoon over you." Thorn said while eating some chips continously.

"If i know, you just simply enjoyed hanging lots of girls in here." Dark snorted out.

"Coming from you, ill take that as a compliment though." Thorn replied to him in his obvious sarcastic tone.

"Will you two please stop barking? Why are we in a hurry? beside the fact that we, wolves are the longest streak reigning clan, can't you see that L is the leading one out of the four eldest sons in our world. Huh. Where are they now? They just already proved that they are nothing but weaklings." Jake finished it with a laugh.

"Agree. haha. maybe they already accepted the reality that our clan will still be the next reigning clan. Shame on them. They didnt even try to make a move. but wait.. where's Renz? I really expect that their group will come in here immediately. That snake is really trying hard to compete us, geez." Thorn said while mocking Renz' group

"At least they tried to go against us, but how about those two losing teams. I never heard Ashton's group works as far as the competition had started is concern. And Lance's group is definitely the laughing stock in our world. Hahaha. They are so stupid to guard another human girl than the fruit girl. Hahaha. Black birds are nothing but a bunch of dumbs" Dark said while laughing so hard.

L faced Dark after hearing it.

"What did you say Dark? another human girl?" L asked Dark that made him to stop laughing.
"Uhh, yes. she's just a plain human girl and I don't know---"


TIIINGGGGG~~
"Okay. it's time to make Louise fall in love with you even harder now by sending and fetching her to her room and to her house. Let's go" Thorn said upon while pulling L to stand up.

"I dont know if you are just excited to our mission or you just excited to flirt human girls" Jake asked.

"I will take both. Hahaha." The remaining boys laughed at it and headed their way to Louise' room


-----------
1 hour earlier

"Hey~~ I thought youre going to take a rest. what are you doing here? are you okay now?"
Amethyst heard Iris while making her way to her desk.
"Im not totally okay but I'm better now and besides, I can't afford to miss this subject. You know how much I like this subject" 
she said, applying all the sarcasm tone she knew, while making herself comfortable.
Thanks to  the medicines who she assumed, that somehow calm her nerves.
She decided not to tell anyone, including Iris and her dad about what happened in her life. Aside the fact that they might be thinking that it was due to from excessively reading paranormal novels but also she wants to solve it first.
Yes, she's not going to ignore  it and decided to believe that her nightmare is really true.

"Just tell me okay if that nightmare haunted you again." Iris held her hand that made her to stare at her.

"ye..yeah"

Conscience slowly swallowing her. Iris has been true to her but she can't afford to lose her by involving the mysteries happened in her life.

"Sorry for being late class by the way, good afternoon."

"good afternoon maam"

"good afternoon maam, sorry I'm late"
They chorusly turned to the girl who just arrived, including the class adviser-who was then their literature teacher.

"Ohh since it's your first time I can let it go Louise. You can sit down now." Teacher Cassie smiled widely at her.

Amethyst raised her left eyebrow while looking at her classmates who is still looking at Louise while making her way to her sit.
Half of my classmates were completely amazed by her and half of them were looking at her enviously, like they never did before.
Louise is their ssc class president, very intelligent since she's really into studying and her parents were both into politics that why her family is very influential.
And she don't know what's new about it beside the fact that she's not the only one who is intelligent and all of the students there, excluding her and the teachers, are filthy rich,so she don't know why her classmates were hypnotized by her.

"I thought someone's life like Miss Cruz happened in fairytale only."
Her teacher blatantly said while still staring at her.
Amethyst saw Louise smiled sheepishly at them. She knew Louise loved hearing it and seeing them envying over her, by the looks of it. anyone could tell though.

"That's enough class, don't make Louise blushed so much. Let's proceed to our discussion. since last meeting...."

"errr.. Iris? do you have something to tell me right?" She elbowed Iris who was pretending to write something,maybe because she was afraid that their teacher might call her attention to summarize the discussion last meeting.

"Well, I guess it has something to do with that transferree guy who declared his love to her during the program earlier." Iris said, still pretending to write again while answering her, as if she knows already that Amethyst will going to ask her about it.

She let out a heavy sigh again.
It appears good news to her though. Amethyst couldn't handle it anymore if she would heard Iris reasoning weird stuff about it. She had done enough for the whole day and let her rest and give it for tomorrow.

Amethyst didn't know if she will be happy to the fact that the nightmare didnt crossed her mind again that it used to or she will be terrified more that the mystery happened this day keeps on flashing her mind over and over again, replacing the cursed nightmare.

She sigh again.

".... who would still be thinking that this kind of 'mystery' happened in our world right now, right? No one. But if we are going to trace our history, literary speaking, there are some evident that creatures like them appeared decades ago and they're still existing in this world. and this book will prove you the existence of them"

Ohh well.
Another lame out of this world new topic.
Amethyst don't know why this teacher is so happy digging vairty of literaries who are not popular instead of those greek goddesses and gods like she was expecting her to tackle.

She started to feel the anxiety of fighting her sleepines again. Obviously, she didn't like the topic and of course her existence too.
She impatiently covered as she let out a heavy yawn. She scrolled her eyes in her  right side and she saw some students in the back were sleeping while there's a huge book in front of them to cover them up. Obviously, they didn't like the teacher much either. She couldn't care less if they had been doing that in a semester now, like who wouldn't be bored if you have this kind of literature teacher who keeps on talking dull and unrelatable topics like this


"zzz"
she heard a small snore coming from behind, she turned her head and saw  Iris completely smitten into a great slumber.
Her eyes widened up after seeing it. Last time she checked, she was so busy pretending to write, but she dont know where she got this confidence to sleep like that.

Ohh well. Teacher Cassie didnt seem to bother by it because she was so into the topic, like obviously reading the book without even glancing her students.

><

She saw Louise transfered to one of the chairs in the front while listening intently to their teacher. She don't know if she's pretendingto like the topic or she's really into liking it.
Well, that's how a future first honor would do, in order for her to excell all of her subjects.

"....in every 20 years, they will recognize new leaders of the monster world. Fox, black birds, wolf and snake are the top 4 strongest beast clans in their kingdom so..."

Amethyst immediately faced the teacher upon hearing it. She can feel her heart beat starting to throb again. 

Black bird?

And in just a blink of an eye, her nightmare flashes again wherein a tall guy appeared in the scene, in his large black wings.
She narrowed her eyes to the teacher and bit her lower lip, hoping she could find even a dainty clue in it.

"Maam, i have a question!"

She felt all her classmates were moving and slowly straightens up and trying to focus their attention to their teacher, pretending that they had been listening the discussion all along, including Iris.
She saw teacher Cassie faced Louise, affirming her to continue.

"You dont have to pretend that you like the topic amethyst. urghh. it makes me dizzier."

She just snorted out and trying to focus her attention to the discussion.

"Very good question Louise. There are another solution for them-the eldest sons of these clan can be the new leader of their kingdom, and that is to follow their ultimate rule in marrying and mating the destined fruit girl"

The last two words made her stunned.
Fruit girl?
That is the reason why Mark was trying to drink her blood.
She secretly hopes that Louise will do her follow up question by asking more about the fruit girl, but it didnt turn out that way, instead she was smiling all widely after hearing teacher Cassie's answer.

damn.
what's wrong with her?

She don't have a choice but to raise her hand.

"Maam, i have a question!"

She heard her classmates moaned in so much frustration, thinking that they will be going back to sleep again after answering Louise' question.

'Sorry, i just need to know something.' her mind apologizes first to them

"Ohhhh. this is great. I thought I only have Louise as my student in my class."

"And ohhh, I never expected that you seriously liking her topic" Iris whispered her, while staring at it.

Once again, she chose to ignore her while standing up.

"Ah maam, is there any possibility that the fruit girl, is a human?"

At the corner of her eyes, she saw Louise stared at her intently, while the teacher stares at her in a complete poker face.

'Oh no. dont tell me she doesnt know about it.' her mind yelled at her.

"I still...."

TINNGGGGGG~~
shoot!
She never thought the time flew that fast, it's like as if she's been discussing the lession for like 20 minutes.

"Okay class, see you next meeting, prepare for a long quiz. goodbye."

Fast pacing of movements by her classmates and chitchats followed.
She saw immediately went to her teacher and finds out that Louise was talking to her.
"Oh yes, Miss Saw. Im glad that you participated in my class today, sorry i didnt answered your question because i still havent read this whole book yet."

"It's okay maam, but can I borrow your book and i promise to return it tomorrow morning."

" I never thought that you are that, engrossed to my topic but as much as I want you to lend that book, Louise already borrowed it first. bye for now Amethyst"
She saw her heading to the door.

She sighed again.
She felt another pair of eyes staring at her. She turned her head and saw Louise giving him what-do-you-want-from-this-book look and she just snorted out to reply her. She went to her sit and lazily put her knapsack on.

"Amethyst, do you have something to tell me?" Iris clings to her side, mocking her.

"Nothing. I was just thinking on putting that book as my collection in my paranormal novels." She said while headind their way through the door.


"KYAAAAA~~~~!! L is so handsoooommeeeeee, i love you can i marry you??!!"
"Jake, can i have youuuu????"
"Thorn, why sooo handsommee??"
"Dark, can i you??"

 A bunch of catburies again blocked her way. she don't want to  let her beast side again just like what she did earlier. She don't want to be tagged as warfreak.

"Omg. Isn't L is the sweetest guy on earth? Where in the world you would see someone so handsome like him, fetching his girlfriend in front of the crowd."

"What? My boyfriend did that to me several times already? you guys even saw it."

"but your boyfriend is not handsome compared to L, so its not counted."

She heard these catburies again try to argue over nonsense things. She massaged her temple trying to calm herself.

"Ohh. that's what I thought, Louise and her boyfriend trying to make a scene again." Iris let out a heavy sigh in so much frustration, just like her, she had done enough of these catburies already.
Amethyst saw Louise, shyly went to the guy named L. She saw him getting Louise' things and was about to go when she saw him staring at her.

He's kinda familliar to her.
And for some odd reason, she felt and intense energy coming from somewhere trying so hard to enter her senses while looking at him. She immediately turn her head to the other side when she felt that the students were turning their heads, tracing of what that L had been staring at. 

Amethyst didnt know if that guy is looking at her or her closefriend, but it's not important though. She slowly pushed the girls who blocked their and told them to make a small space for them to go out. Iris headed out first while holding her hand, as if she's afraid to lose her and then she headed the way next.

"Hey~"

They stopped from walking, after hearing it and she turned her face back. She saw all of them staring back at her confusely, without escaping a word from their lips and then she saw the L guy, smiling at her, that made her conclude that he's handsome.

"Your bag is open" He said to her those while looking straight to her eyes intently. He then waved at her and went on his way.

"Arff! Arrf! Awwooohhh" She saw the other other guy, jokingly bark while mocking Iris, and the other guy followed the same thing.

what?
Iris knows these guys?
Amethyst widened her eyes when she saw Iris raised her middle finger as a respond to their childish act, and quickly runs off while leaving her behind. She heard them laughing while making exiting too.

"Hey Iris! Wait for me!"