Housewarming/Early Christmas

Not Like My Mom's Love Story

I was the first to wake up. It was about nine o'clock in the morning. Kiseop wasn't hugging me in his sleep, surprisingly. I gazed at his face and moved a few strands of his hair away from his eyes. I let Kiseop sleep in since he would be going to Japan in a few days. I couldn't look around at the rooms much yesterday, so that was the first thing I did after changing my clothes and brushing my teeth. 

At the end of the hallway was a big wedding picture of the two of us. We looked happy. There were three other rooms and a bathroom. The bathroom was nice and sparkly. It was across from a room that was a forest green color. It turned out that all the rooms were a solid color, not like our bedroom. The other rooms were sky blue and violet. It seemed like these rooms were meant for my friends because Yeonjae and Hwayoung loved purple/violet, Chungho's favorite color was green, and Dongmin liked blue. 

When I entered the violet room, there was a bunk bed for the two girls when they slept over. *It's so nice of the company to consider having my friends with me when Kiseop's gone. It's so weird, though. Like why would they cater to me like this when they were so messed up to my parents?*

After checking out the rooms, I decided to cook Kiseop some breakfast. It was just a simple egg and bacon sandwich. There were simple necessities in the fridge, but we would have to go grocery shopping for dinner tonight. And then school would start again for finals.

"Morning, Jagiya," Kiseop murmured from behind me. I turned around and saw that he rubbed his eyes from sleep.

"Good morning."

"The bacon smells good." He his lips as he got closer.

"Here you go. Sit down and eat." And as soon as he did, he stuffed his face with the sandwich.

"Oppa, tonight our families are coming over to eat dinner."

"Yeah. I heard from my mom. I think my sister's coming too. She's back from Jeju Island. She kept saying she was sorry she couldn't attend our wedding."

"It's okay though. She's a volunteer teacher over there, so why she couldn't make it is understandable." I emphasized the word teacher.

"I know, that's what I said, but she wouldn't budge. I heard that she's going to give us Christmas presents."

"Crap. When we go grocery shopping, we'll have to do some last-minute Christmas shopping for your side of the family. I'm sorry. I was just thinking of my family and friends when we were in California."

"It's fine. I'll have to buy gifts for your family too. I'm sorry we have to exchange them so early." Kiseop murmured.

"Oppa, it's not your fault you guys have to go to Japan before Christmas." 

"But still... celebrating when it's Christmas would have been more fun."

"It's alright, Kiseop. Just do well in Japan, and we'll forgive you." I joked. After eating, we went grocery shopping and Christmas gift shopping. The mall and the food market were busy since it was a Sunday. Dad wanted to make chicken alfredo, so we bought the ingredients. We had gotten everything except the chicken because we were distracted by the food stands.

When I was trying to get a bargain for the chicken, Kiseop was all, "I'm a kpop singer. Can we get a discount if I sing or dance for you?" The ahjumma was delighted and agreed to give 30% off. I shook my head, feeling awkward because I realized that fangirls would be over him again. So, as soon as we got the chicken, we dashed out to the mall. I didn't want Kiseop to be spotted by fangirls, so I made him wear a disguise. He had a fake beard and a cap on. It was hilarious. 

We had to split up after a while because when we passed an electronics store, the news talked about our wedding and how we just returned from our honeymoon. Kiseop was afraid that people would recognize me since our pictures were shown.

"Hey Minhee, we should meet up here afterward. If people realize that you're my wife, then it would be obvious that this disguise would be a failure, and we'll get caught by my fans." Kiseop stated.

"Good point. I'll see you here in an hour, then?"

Kiseop nodded, and so we went our separate ways for a while.

We rushed to get the presents, but they were sincere. We didn't wrap them up; we just put them in gift bags to save time. It was about three in the afternoon when we got home, so I decided to study for a couple of hours before my parents and siblings would come. Kiseop was skyping with his friends in Japan, catching up with them before he would see them when U-Kiss went there on Tuesday. 

I made some study guides for the mini DBSK group and a few other classmates for the calculus final on Thursday. It would be the last one, and I was sure they all needed the formulas and examples. I was still studying in the living room when Kiseop came downstairs.

"Whatcha studying?"

"History."

"Ugh. It must be boring. You studied the other subjects already?"

"Yeah. I study each subject for about 20 minutes. You may not know, but I'm ranked fourth in my grade."

"Dang. I got myself a smart wifey." Kiseop grinned widely. "You made those study guides for your friends, too?" 

I nodded. A few minutes later, the doorbell rang. Kiseop quickly hid all the presents in the closet as I opened the door.

"Hi, Mom! Hey Dad! Mimi and Minki, I've missed you guys." I said as I hugged all of them.

"We're happy you're back." Mom claimed.

"Wow, the house is gorgeous," Dad stated as he looked around. I went to get all the ingredients, and my parents and I began to cook. Kiseop was watching a movie with Mimi and Minki, and they talked as they watched. It seemed they got closer, and I was glad to see that it was natural and not forced.

Kiseop's family arrived a few minutes before we started serving the alfredo. We greeted them and told them to sit down. It was a good thing that the dining table had ten seats. 

Kiseop and I set the plates and utensils while Mimi and Minki got the drinks, soda, and wine.

After we served the food, Kiseop's sister asked, "So, how was the honeymoon?"

Both Kiseop and I answered, "It was fun." We tried not to laugh over our jinx.

"What did you guys do?" Dad questioned after he took a bite of his alfredo.

"We went shopping, watched a crappy movie, went bike riding, and visited Koreatown," I stated.

"We also went to the zoo, Santa Monica Bay, and ice-skating in Oregon," Kiseop commented.

"Wow, you guys did a lot," Minki murmured while slurping his orange soda.

"Why did the movie ?" Mimi inquired. 

"It was so boring and predictable. It was New Year's Eve." I replied as I chewed the tasty chicken.

"Ohhh. That's why it's not a classic like Avatar or Titanic." Mimi retorted.

"How is Auntie Sooyoung and her family?" Mom wondered. 

"They're doing great. Her son's gotten big."

"So, do you guys plan on buying more decorations for your new home?" Kiseop's mother questioned.

"It probably won't be until after Kiseop's back from Japan, right?" I looked at Kiseop, and he nodded. 

"That'll be quite a while. Would that be okay?"

"Yeah, all the necessities are already here; those would just be extra fun stuff," I claimed. 

After we finished eating, we decided to exchange presents. 

"So today was like a housewarming/early Christmas party then?" Mimi asked as she and Minki went to the living room to gather the presents.

"Yep, aren't you guys happy to get your Christmas presents early?"

"Yeah, then we don't have to wake up early when it's Christmas to open the gifts," Minki stated. The two start to giggle at the anticipation of what the presents could be.

"That's true. Well, who wants to start?" 

"I'll start since my presents are simple." Kiseop's sister suggested. "These are called wreck this journals. I got one each for Mimi and Minki."

"Ohh, I've seen them before! Thanks, Unnie." Mimi happily accepted the journal. 

"Thank you, Noona. I'll start working on it as soon as possible." Minki stated as he looked through the pages.

"It's because I want you guys to know your creative side. I minored in art; these journals are a great way to start. As for Minhee, I got her a wreck this journal as well, but also a diary for you to write in for your thoughts and worries. And for you to vent  about Kiseop when he's mean to you." 

I laughed while Kiseop scowled. "Noona!" 

"Thank you, Unnie. I'll use it a lot. It's been a while since I've kept a diary."

Kiseop's parents were simple, giving my siblings 100-dollar gift cards to any store they wanted. My siblings were happy about that as well. As for me, they gave me a childhood photo of Kiseop to keep in my wallet and a photo album for our wedding and honeymoon photos.

"I'll treasure this so much. Thank you." I hugged Kiseop's mom and got a handshake from his dad. 

"Okay, well, here are my presents. Oh yeah, Kiseop, can you get the Domo in the room?" I said to Kiseop as I began to hand them out to my siblings, Kiseop's sister, and his parents.

"Unnie, that Domo's for me?" Mimi asked, beaming a bright smile.

"Yep. A jumbo pink one. I also got you a makeup bag, nail polish, and headbands I thought you would like." 

"Oh my gosh! I love you, Unnie; you're the best!" She gave me a bear hug after Kiseop came down and gave the Domo to her.

For Minki, I gave him a video game card and some Beats earphones. 

I gave Kiseop's sister a star chart for her students when they did well and a purple watch similar to her brother's. As for Kiseop's parents, I got them a neck massager for father-in-law and body lotion and body wash for mother-in-law. 

Minki and Mimi got Kiseop and me a couple's pajama set and matching phone cases. They also gave me two novels I've wanted to read, The Fault in Our Stars and Stolen.

"Dad, I know you'll like this because it took me forever to find it for you." I showed him the unique poster that he lost so long ago. 

"Minhee, I can't thank you enough." Dad got all teary-eyed as he stared at it. "How did you manage even to find it?"

"It's no problem, Dad. I know how much you missed it. Since only ten of them were printed, I found a fan in California who was willing to sell it for me." 

Dad and Mom got me picture frames to put on the bedroom walls. I don't know if it was a coincidence with Kiseop's parents that they both bought picture stuff. 

"Mom, I got you a bracelet with your children's names on it as charms, and your husband gets a special charm of his own." 

"It's beautiful. I appreciate it a lot, Minhee." Mom hugged me as well, just as tight as Mimi's.

"HAPPY EARLY CHRISTMAS!" We all shouted when we were done exchanging presents. It was a lovely housewarming party because it was small and peaceful. Kiseop's family and my family got along well, and Kiseop and I were glad. 

----------

A/N: Kiseop's older sister's name hasn't been released. He just calls her Noona. That's why I didn't include her name and couldn't think of a name to make one up for her.

I'm so sorry for the long wait. Thanks for being so patient ^_^