The birthday party part 2

Not Like My Mom's Love Story

"Seriously though, Jagi (wifey), you look hot. Happy Birthday." Kiseop spoke as he hugged me. I ignored his comment but thanked him when he said Happy Birthday. 

I sighed as I looked at AJ. He was so handsome up close. I think Kiseop noticed me looking at AJ because he whispered in my ear, "Jagi, don't tell me you're going to cheat on me already?"

I glared at him. I didn't like hearing him call me Jagi. I avoided his stare and went to the kitchen to help Omma set up the utensils and plates. After I was done, she gave me a look.

"Okay, Minhee, go get to know U-Kiss better; they're like your brothers-in-law," Omma murmured while ushering me out of the kitchen. 

"Fine." I groaned. I was nervous and hoped I wouldn't stutter in front of AJ. I sat down at the end of the couch. AJ was at the other end. Kiseop noticed me and sat in the middle.

"Annyeong Minhee-sshi." Soohyun greeted.

"Oh, you don't have to be so formal. Just call me Minhee." I told him and the other members.

They smiled, and Hoon said, "Then you'll have to call us Oppa! Except Dongho, of course." 

"Yah! I'm just seven months younger than her!" 

"Don't say yah to your hyung!" Kevin whacked him on the head. I couldn't help but giggle at his reaction. 

"Aww, Minhee-yah, you're so cute! I dislike you now, Kiseop. Why do you have to have such a pretty fiancee?" Eli joked, making me blush.

Kiseop just grinned and held onto my hand. I didn't hate it but didn't love it, so I let him keep it. I figured I had to get used to it since it was evident that Kiseop wanted public displays of affection, even if they were fake. 

Dongho and Kevin imitated us and started to act all lovey-dovey. 

"So Minhee, since you're going to marry Kiseop soon, have you fallen in love with him yet?" Dongho questioned.

My eyes widened. "Umm...." 

"Yah! Why are you asking a personal question like that?" Soohyun whacked him on the head. 

"Sorry, Minhee." He said as he rubbed his head.

"It's okay. Well... " *I don't want to lie, but I don't want to embarrass Kiseop, too.* "Maybe I'll develop feelings for him after we get married."

"Whoo! Kiseop, you better do your best to win her heart!" Hoon and Dongho exclaimed.

"Or else I'll take her from you," AJ mentioned. Everyone gasped and looked at him. I was surprised as well. I didn't expect him to say anything since he was quiet the entire time. 

"It's a joke." AJ smiled before heading off to the restroom.

"Whoa, I didn't think AJ would be Kiseop's rival," Kevin stated.

"To tell you guys the truth... he's my bias from your group." I shyly murmured.

"BWOH??? Why him? I'm so much better!" Kiseop pouted and tried to cuddle with me before whispering, "So that's why you were staring at him?"

I tried hard not to roll my eyes. Thankfully, I was saved by the doorbell when it rang. Kiseop opened it to reveal the DBSK members and their families. 

"Uncle Yoochun! Annyeongsaeyo (hello) Yunho, Jaejoong, and Junsu. Hey guys!"

"Minhee! Happy Birthday!" They all shouted and presented me with a load of gifts. Kiseop helped me set them down, which was nice of him. 

Soon, all the celebrities and idols who were invited came, and the party officially started. The small stack of presents now transformed into an enormous pile. It would take me at least an hour to open all of them. I would probably end up donating most of these superficial gifts. 

Not all of Super Junior could come. Kibum and Hankyung were busy with schedules. They were still acting even in their 40's. Yesung was also working on a musical. But they gave me presents beforehand. I was thankful to all of them.

Other kpop groups like Infinite, B1A4, BAP, and Block B came. The older groups, SHINee, Beast, and 2PM, also came. There were also people I didn't know that well. They came because of U-Kiss. I understood, especially the girl group HAM. I'm not sure why they were invited to my birthday party.

"Oppa!" I heard some girl say before she clung to Kiseop's arm. "I missed you so much!" Kiseop smiled at her before realizing I was watching them. 'Oh, crap!' was written over his face as he gently removed her from him. He quickly took my hand and pulled me over to where Hyoni was.

"Hey, Hyoni. I'd like you to meet Minhee, my fiancee." Kiseop introduced me. I greeted her only to be glared at as a reply.

"Oppa, you're getting married? Is that why you broke up with me? You can't even compare me to her! She looks like she's still in high school!"

*So this is his so-called ex-girlfriend.* I thought as the two of them were talking. They suited each other. It that I had to interfere with their relationship.

"You're right. I am still in high school. But I'll let you two continue to talk." I left them and walked over to AJ, who was by himself. I didn't know where my courage came from, but I decided to talk to him anyway.

"Hi AJ-sshi," I said as I stood next to him.

"Since you called the others Oppa, you can call me Oppa too."

"Chincha (really)? Alright then, AJ Oppa." I was happy to call him Oppa. *This is a dream come true!*

"So, did you mean it about what you said earlier?" I questioned.

He shrugged nonchalantly and asked, "Do you want something to drink?"

"Sure." So he got me some soda, and we talked on the couch. Mimi noticed us and sent me a hwaiting!' signal. Yeonjae and Hwayoung just eyed us and eyed Kiseop with Hyoni and nodded as if they understood.

"So, AJ Oppa, are you currently composing any songs?" I inquired, wanting to start a conversation. 

"Yes, though I'm not sure when they'll be released since we'll be going to Japan soon."

"Oh yeah, you're going to debut there."  I smiled. *Yes! No more Kiseop for a while!* But I still dreaded the fact that I had to marry him before he left for Japan.

"So Minhee, I see that your fiancee is with his ex-girlfriend, and you're okay with that?"

"Yep. I don't like him at all. Since you live with him, you know how much of a player he is, right?"

"Yeah, but he's been with Hyoni for a long time. Though he may have flirted with many girls while dating her, she was his main priority."

"Hmm. I see. Even when we're married, I don't think I'll care if he continues to be with her. It's not like I'll fall for him anyway."

"And why not? Once you live with him, things might change."

*Because I might fall for you instead.* I said inside my head. But I didn't get to tell him that because it was time for everyone to eat dinner.

~~

After everyone ate the delicious food, everyone would sing the happy birthday song, and I would cut the cake after blowing the 18 candles.

"Okay, everybody! One, two, three!" On cue, the crowd sang for me. I was so embarrassed I didn't know where to set my eyes, so I just looked at the cake. I never had a party this big before. 

When they finished, Mimi said, "Okay, blow the candles, Unnie! And don't forget to make a wish!" So I did. *Please let me and my family be happy.* 

"Thank you, guys. I appreciate you guys taking the time to celebrate me, especially on a weekday," I told the people after they applauded. 

I had to open my presents quickly because it was already ten o'clock. And man, it took a while.

I got purses, wallets, designer clothes, money, perfume, jewelry, etc. The K-pop groups all sent me their albums and posters. That I was very thankful for. Only my closest friends knew what I liked, getting me stuffed animals, books, and chocolate.

"I love you guys!" I hugged the guys. "Thanks, girls." I hugged them also. I realized that I had never introduced them to Kiseop. So I quickly did so, but I found it odd to see how Kiseop kept glancing at the guys as if they were enemies.

"Kiseop, they're my childhood friends. Why are you giving them a look like that?" I muttered to him under my breath. "Go to Hyoni." He didn't listen to me and just took me outside.

"What is it, Kiseop?"

"Listen. Now that you're 18, we're going to get married. I don't think it'll be right for me to be hanging out with Hyoni and you to be with your guy friends. I saw you talking to AJ earlier. You shouldn't be like that to him when you're going to be with me."

I scoffed. "So you're a possessive player? Hmmm, that's unusual. I personally think it's perfectly fine that you are with Hyoni and the other girls. Chungho and Dongmin are my friends. Just think of them as my brothers. And as for AJ, since he's my bias, it's fine for me to just talk with him. Not like I was doing anything wrong." 

Kiseop suddenly hugged me. It was a sincere hug and not like the crappy one he gave me earlier. I think my heart did a cartwheel. *Why am I feeling like this?*

"I'm serious, Minhee. We should act like the married couple we're supposed to be."

"What's the point when we won't have mutual feelings towards each other?"

"It'll work out somehow." Kiseop beamed before he softly kissed my lips. 

*I won't fall for him! No matter how much he tries to trick me with things like this. It's just to make me feel vulnerable. Isn't it?*