Honeymoon

Not Like My Mom's Love Story

Kiseop and I went out to eat brunch at a fast-food restaurant called In N Out. I was craving for a double-double. Last year, there was an In-N-Out event in Seoul, which only lasted a day. The aroma of the freshly cooked double-doubles delighted me as I walked in.

However, I made sure that there weren't any fangirls. California is known for its many Asians, and U-Kiss was popular internationally. 

"I'm pretty sure no one here knows me," Kiseop said, full of confidence, and proudly stood in line. But then I heard, "Oh my gosh! It's Kiseop and his wife!" 

I looked at him, and he just shrugged. "It's just one fan." 

But then a group of fangirls came out of nowhere and asked for his autograph. He gave them out happily and ignored the glances of Americans, wondering why a bunch of girls were crowding over an Asian guy.

"Your wife is beautiful." One of them said. I smiled brightly and said thanks.

"I know she is. That's why I picked her to be my wife." Kiseop claimed. I rolled my eyes. But the fangirls didn't need to know that we were arranged to get married. 

"Will you guys hurry up already? We want to order." a guy said from behind us. We didn't realize it was our turn to order, so I quickly ordered two double-doubles and animal fries.

I was glad that I learned English. That class was helpful, after all, even though I dreaded the teacher. 

We ate hurriedly, waved goodbye to the fangirls, and went shopping. Despite that, I had just met some nice fangirls. I had gotten texts from many anti-fans wanting me to stay away from their Oppa. But I ignored all of them and didn't tell Kiseop. I didn't think it was that big of a deal. I wondered how they got my phone number.

Kiseop decided to buy a new camera, and I bought three books from Barnes and Noble. 

"Minhee, look this way."

"Why. What is it?" I turned, and a flash blinded my eyes. "Yah! I didn't give you permission to take a picture of me!"

Kiseop laughed and ran away, realizing that I was going to chase after him. Before we knew it, it had gotten dark outside. We seriously shopped until we dropped. Kiseop and I carried bags of clothes, Christmas presents, and things we would use at our newlywed home. I wondered what it would look like. Kiseop's company bought it for us as a wedding present. I hoped it wasn't too extravagant, though. 

"Oh yeah, Oppa, I bought this for you as an early birthday present. You were engrossed in taking pictures of the fountain with your new camera. You didn't even realize I was gone. Here you go." It was a black Rolex watch. "So that you don't lose track of time."

"Thanks, but I got you something too." He handed me a necklace with a flower as its pendant that had black petals. 

"Aww, thanks, Oppa."

"No, thank you." He put the necklace around my neck. "Let's hurry on back to the hotel. My arms are killing me."

So we took a taxi back to the hotel and carried our bags to our room. As soon as we put them on the floor, we collapsed on the bed. 

But then my phone rang again, it was in my purse. I was too lazy, so Kiseop got it for me instead. He put it on speaker, though, and that was when I realized it was another fangirl. 

"Stupid . Do you think you deserve Kiseop? He belongs to us! You deserve to die."

"Who the hell are you, and how did you get her number?" Kiseop calmly asked. The caller quickly hung up, and Kiseop gave me a look. "How come you didn't tell me anti-fans were bothering you?"

I just shrugged. "I don't think the fangirls would do anything to me. It's fine. I have to get used to it anyway."

"You shouldn't have to get used to it. It's not okay! It shouldn't be normalized. You don't know all of my fangirls. Some are insane. Honestly, I shouldn't call them fangirls. They are so crazy that they will try to hurt you, no matter what the cost. Let's get you a new phone number, and how about a new phone while we're at it?"

"Araso, whatever you want." I laid back down on the bed, and Kiseop was beside me.

"Hey Minhee, do you want to visit Japan with me?"

"Are you crazy? I won't. I would be a bother to you and the other members. Besides, I have school to attend to. Why are you even asking that?"

"I thought you would want to visit Japan. Plus, I'll miss you." I wasn't sure if he was serious. 

"I've been there before with my dad. We can Skype if you'll miss me. But I'm sure you're going to hit on Japanese girls. Just have fun when you're there and try to relax. After promoting Some Day, you will promote Tick Tack without any breaks. You guys deserve to have fun. I can go to Japan with you another time."

"I'll try my best. I can't believe I have to go to Japan as soon as my honeymoon is over." He sighed.

"You'll be fine," I assured him. He should be used to touring and traveling all the time. He was such a drama queen.

"But will you? How will you live in that house by yourself for a month?" Kiseop questioned seriously.

"I'll manage. I'll have slumber parties and invite Dongmin and Chungho."

"Yah! No boys allowed except for me and your brother."

"I'm just joking. I'd invite all my friends. I will be alright."

"You're a good wifey. I'll work extra hard to support us." Kiseop turned and tried to hug me.

"No. You are super sweaty. Take a shower. I'll go afterward." I'm glad he didn't make a dumb remark like how we should shower together.

"Fine." He pouted, and I laughed. While he was taking a shower, my brother called.

"Hey, Minki.  Did you just wake up?" It was ten o'clock in the morning over there, dinner time for me and Kiseop at seven p.m.

"Yeah. We're eating breakfast. You're on speaker now."

"Hi, Mom and Dad!"

"Minhee, how was your first day? Are you having fun?"

"Yeah, we went shopping the whole day today. We bought you Christmas presents. I'm sure you'll like them."

"You didn't have to, Sweetie," Dad claimed. "Your marriage saved us. That's your present."

"No, it's fine. Dad, you'll like it for sure. It took me ages to find this." I said while looking at the poster. It was a unique poster of DBSK. There were only 10 in the world. Dad had lost him when he and Mom first moved into the house. The other members still had theirs. Fortunate fans won the other 5. The one who sold me their poster wanted a picture with Kiseop, an autograph, a hug, and 100 bucks.

"My present better be the best, Unnie!" Mimi shouted.

"Don't worry. You'll brag to all your friends about it."

At this point, Kiseop came out of the bathroom and said hi to my family.

"Kiseop, treat our daughter right," Dad said.

"Yeah, or I'll beat you up," Minki responded. I laughed. A fifteen-year-old video game nerd trying to beat up a twenty-year-old who's actively fit? Not possible.

"Okay, guys, we'll leave you back to your eating. It's time for us to eat as well. Bye!"

“Bye Minhee and Kiseop!” We hung up, and I kept my phone silent in case another fangirl decided to call and annoy me. Maybe Kiseop was right about getting me a new phone number.

"Oppa, here, watch TV while I take a shower." I tossed the remote to him.

"Araso." He switched the channel to Korean, and the morning news was on.

"Lee Kiseop from the boy group U-Kiss is currently on his honeymoon with his new wife, Kim Minhee, also known as Kim Jaejoong's daughter. As soon as their honeymoon ends, Kiseop will go to Japan along with s to debut in Japan with their new album "A Shared Dream." We wish the two of you great happiness and U-Kiss to have a successful Japanese debut."

"I wonder how disappointed fans would be if they found out I got married by force," Kiseop murmured.

"I think they would happily find their Kiseop Oppa single again. They'll have to wait for five years."

"Well, for five years, I'm your Kiseop Oppa." He grinned triumphantly. I just shook my head.

When I finished my shower, we went to the buffet inside the hotel to eat dinner. It was pretty delicious, but the food couldn't compare to my dad's cooking. We went back to the room and eventually fell asleep. I woke up at 8 a.m. Seeing Kiseop sleeping so peacefully, I didn't wake him up. I spent time wrapping the Christmas presents and safely putting them in the extra suitcase we brought. But when I was finished, Kiseop was still sleeping. When Kiseop woke up, it was eleven o'clock.

"Oppa, why do you keep on waking up so late? We went to sleep at eleven last night. "

"I need my beauty sleep. I haven't been able to sleep like this since before I debuted." Kiseop joked.

"Kiseop, we're going to watch New Year's Eve." I had wanted to go somewhere fun like Disneyland, Universal Studios, Six Flags, or Knottsberry Farm, but Kiseop didn't like amusement parks. So, movie day it was.

"I will... in 5 minutes."

"You're lucky I let you sleep in. I wanted to go to an amusement park, but because of you and your fear of heights, I can't go even though it's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity." Guilt-tripping was a specialty of mine.

"Fine." He lazily got up and went to brush his teeth. We left the room half an hour later and arrived at the theatres. We were not satisfied with the movie at all. When I checked the ratings, it was only 7% approval. We wasted our money.

Seeing my grumpy face, Kiseop said, "How about we rent a bike for two and ride along that big park over there?"

I had always wanted to do that when I got a boyfriend. Riding a two-seated bike with your boyfriend alongside the Han River was romantic. Even though it wasn't the Han River, it felt very nice. The breeze through my hair and the lovely scenery helped me forget about the movie.

We went to Koreatown soon afterward. It felt like being in Korea again. Over 120,000 Koreans were living in this small area of Los Angeles. Many fans noticed us, but surprisingly, they didn't invade our space. Once in a while, they would ask for an autograph, but other than that, they respected the fact that we were on our honeymoon.

We didn't buy much but instead did sightseeing and window shopping. We had already bought a lot yesterday. But when I noticed AJ on sale, I wanted to buy them.

"You want socks from AJ and not from your husband? I'm not happy."

"I'll buy Kiseop ones too. To make you happy." When we went to the cash register, the shop owner squealed joyfully.

"Picture, please?" She asked. Kiseop nodded, and I took the picture for her. She gave me a free phone chain of Kiseop and a U-Kiss glowstick.

"That reminds me, let's go get your phone." So he got me an LG Intuition. I was satisfied with how the day went besides watching that movie.

Over the next two days, we went to the zoo and the Santa Monica Bay. Kiseop and I had gotten closer, and our relationship seemed to improve. We would hold hands wherever we went.

 Before I knew it, we were back on the plane, ready to go to Oregon. It would only take a few hours.

Kiseop held my hand again when we landed. I heard someone shout my name when we exited the plane and into the airport.

"Minhee!!!" My auntie Sooyoung yelled out. I ran up to her and hugged her.

"How are you, Auntie?"

"Amazing now that you're here. You're so grown up now. It's been three years since I've seen you, and now you're already married. Your wedding photos looked beautiful!"

"Thank you! This is my husband, Kiseop. Kiseop, this is Auntie Sooyoung."

"Nice to meet you." Kiseop held his hand out, but instead, she hugged him.

As we left the airport, I couldn't help but notice the beautiful pine trees everywhere. There was so much green. But it was pretty cold here. Not compared to Korea, but still.

We went to downtown Portland that day. There were so many different types of people there. When we went on the Max bus, strangers would talk to each other about how their days were going and even talk about their lives. The people here were friendly. We went ice skating the next day with Auntie Sooyoung and her family. It was fun. Kiseop didn't know how to ice skate at all. He always fell on his , and I would laugh at him.

Then, the last day came, and we just relaxed at Auntie Sooyoung's house. It was very peaceful in Oregon. I planned on visiting here again soon.

Auntie Sooyoung and her husband took us to the airport early in the morning.

"It was enjoyable staying here. Please visit Mom soon. I love you." I hugged Auntie Sooyoung, and we left. Another 12 hours were spent on the plane, but Kiseop and I were alright with it. We discussed what we liked about the honeymoon and what we didn't.

"The only downside was the movie, right? Everything else was fun. Especially the ice skating."

"Sure, if I didn't fall on my every twenty seconds. I liked riding the two-seat bicycle at the park."

"Yeah, that was nice. It's too bad we can't do it in Korea. Fangirls would swarm everywhere."

"Who knows? Maybe we could do it one day. By the way, I don't think it would be safe for you to stay at our new home alone for a month and a half." Their Japanese promotions got extended.

"Why? I'm a big girl now. I can handle being by myself."

"I'm just afraid something would happen."

"Don't worry. I know Tae Kwon Do. Dad forced me to learn it in case someone would ever kidnap me for being Jaejoong's daughter. My mom was kidnapped before."

"But still… it worries me. Get your friends to sleep over every once in a while, okay? And stay at your parents' house, too."

"I will." And we started to talk about our responsibilities. I would do the cooking and cleaning of the bedrooms and bathrooms. Kiseop would wash the dishes, do the laundry, and clean the kitchen, living room, and garage. Talking about these things excited me. Sure, I would have to do more chores than usual, but I got my own house! I get to decorate however I like and not worry about cleaning like my mom does.

We finally arrived in Korea. But when we exited the plane, not many fangirls waited for Kiseop as I expected. A bodyguard picked us up and drove us to our new home. It was beautiful—a four-bedroom and two-bathroom with an attic and a basement. There was even a swimming pool!

But we weren't prepared for what was inside when we went inside.

Why? Because it was a party, it didn't seem like it was meant for us. Hyoni was the one leading it.