First Love?

Not Like My Mom's Love Story

"What the hell?" I had never seen Kiseop that angry before. He even clenched his fists and his jaw. We were so excited to see the new home, how the rooms were, what kind of furniture and decorations there would be. But our anticipation was ruined at that moment. There were red solo cups everywhere and people dancing to loud techno music.

While Kiseop was trying to get to Hyoni, I asked someone how long it had been since the party had started, and he replied, "It's only been an hour. Isn't this a housewarming party for you two? Congratulations, by the way." It seemed like he was a backup dancer. 

"We had no idea about this party... nevertheless, we didn't consent for someone even to host this party."

"Hyoni was the one who hosted it and told all of us to come." The girl next to him stated.

 "What company are you guys from?"

"We're from Jellyfish Entertainment."

"Oh... Brian Joo and Seo In Guk's company right?"

"Yeah." They both nodded proudly.

I couldn't talk with them any longer because Kiseop shouted, "THIS PARTY IS OVER! GO HOME RIGHT NOW!"

The couple said bye and left. There must have been at least fifty people at the house. Hyoni and her members were the only ones left in the place.

"Oh? It's Kiseop Oppa... Hi... hehehe. Welcome to your new home." Hyoni smiled as she got closer to Kiseop. It was obvious that she had drunk a lot.

"Hyoni, why did you think throwing a party at my new home was necessary? How did you even find out where it was?"

"I have my ways. I wanted to surprise you. The party was supposed to be your wedding gift since I couldn't come to your wedding." She crooned.

"More like no one invited you," I murmured. One of her members heard me and glared. 

"Hyoni... we should talk in private." He started to grab her by the arm, but she pulled it back.

"I don't want to! These past few weeks have been like hell for me. I miss you. I hate that you were taken from me by that stupid high school girl! I'm better for you because I know you and care for you. She won't love you like I do!"

"You never know, Hyoni. At first, I hated that I had to break up with you. You're right. You do know me and care for me, too. But now, I'm content with my life. Minhee and I are getting to know each other more and starting to care for each other. Maybe one day we'll love each other too. So don't bother us anymore. We're over."

"How could you say that when we've been dating for so long?!"

"I'm sorry. But I'm a married man now. You can't be doing this, or else your reputation will be ruined."

I felt bad for Hyoni, but all she did was sit on the couch and take the girls' cups and drink from them. Eventually, she started to cry, and her members tried to comfort her. Kiseop then received a phone call and started to go upstairs. I wanted to go upstairs and see the rooms, but I had to watch over the girls in case they did something. I was bored, so I texted my parents, telling them we arrived at the new house.

"Appa, We arrived at our home. It's nice."

"That's awesome. How about we have a family dinner tomorrow evening? I'll cook, of course."  My dad replied.

"Sure. Sounds great. We'll see you and Kiseop's parents tomorrow then."

"Yep. I'll tell them now."

When I looked up, the two members tried to wake Hyoni up. I felt there was no point in learning their names because I hoped I wouldn't have to see them again. At this point, the U-Kiss members arrived. It seemed that Kiseop had called for help.

"Hey, Soohyun, can you and Eli take them home? Take their manager's van." Kiseop told them as he went down the stairs.

"So I have to carry her on my back?" Eli asked Soohyun as they tried to figure out how to pick up Hyoni.

"Duh. I'm the leader. I'm telling you to give her a piggyback ride." Soohyun smiled mischievously. Eli grumbled but did what he was told, and they took the three girls away.

I was pretty surprised that Kiseop said that to Hyoni. I knew they were a perfect couple, so I didn't understand how Kiseop could have changed so quickly.

The rest of the U-Kiss members and I started to clean up. All we cleaned up were the red solo cups and the spills. Thank God no one spilled anything on the carpet. 

"Thanks for helping us, guys," I told them when we were done.

"No problem. I can't believe that Hyoni did that. We didn't even know where your new house was." Kevin claimed.

"Yeah. Well, anyway, we'll get going. Have a good night." AJ said as the four members started to leave. 

"Bye!" Kiseop and I both said before we closed the door.

"Man, I'm tired," Kiseop murmured. We were about to go upstairs.

"How are the rooms? Do they suit your taste?"

"Yeah. So that's all you're going to ask? You don't want to talk about Hyoni?" I questioned him. He looked serious, but he kept scanning the walls.

"I was gonna wait for you to talk about it when you were ready."

"Let's just change into our pajamas and brush our teeth, and we'll talk about it in bed."

So that's what we did, and I was delighted to see that our bedroom walls were black and white, giving it a modern look.

I was resting on the bed and waited for Kiseop. I went on Facebook on my phone after not having been on it for a week. A lot of notifications were posts saying "Congratulations on the wedding!" Mimi put all the wedding photos online, and there were many comments. There were news articles and tabloid posts, too.

I turned off my phone when Kiseop lay down next to me.

"I thought tonight would be peaceful. I didn't expect to see Hyoni at all. I'm going to try and find out who the heck told Hyoni where we were living."

"It's okay, Oppa. Just forget about it."

"No, it's not okay. Hyoni crossed the line. I initially felt bad that she didn't attend our wedding, but I'm quite glad now. She might have tried to jeopardize the wedding or something."

"But Kiseop... she's not usually like that, right? She was your girlfriend for a reason."

"To tell you the truth, she was my first love." Kiseop sighed.

"First love? But you're a player! I heard you were with other girls even when dating her!"

"Who did you hear that from? To clarify, I didn't cheat on her. I just went out with girls to eat and such. I'm not the player you think I am."

"Hmm. Okay, so you can talk about Hyoni without tearing up, right?" I joked, trying not to make him mad.

"Yeah. Well, I'm sure you know how we started dating from U-Kiss Vampire. Yeah, I did play with some girls, but that was before I debuted in U-Kiss. When I met Hyoni, she had such a bright personality that I couldn't help but fall for her. I got mopey when she picked Eli, but afterward, she wanted to exchange phone numbers. So once we did, our relationship began to blossom."

I tried not to laugh when he said blossom. Dang, maybe he was a cheesy guy.

"We talked a lot on the phone because we only went on dates every month or so. But every time we went on a date, I fell for her more and more. She was outgoing and kind. She wasn't like the Hyoni you saw tonight at all! Desperate and hateful."

"Well, she's unfortunate that you guys had to break up like this. And I technically did take you away from her. Her reaction might have been slightly extreme, but it's understandable."

"I don't know. But I hope she doesn't bother us again."

"Well, she must have loved you, so if she does, I don't blame her." 

"Anyway, how about your first love? Was it that Jaehyuk guy? Are you alright to talk about him?"

I nodded. "Yeah, I guess he was my first love. Jaehyuk and I were best friends at first. We met because we had a mutual friend. We also had one class together, art. He was a jerk when he asked me out, though. He was like...

"Minhee, I'm in a dilemma. I started to like two girls."

"Uh oh. Who are they?"

"One doesn't go here. She led me on because I discovered she started dating a friend."

"I'm sorry. And what about the other girl?"

"It's you." He looked at me sincerely.

"Yah. you're kidding, right?" I lightly punched him on the arm.

"No. I like you a lot, so I decided to stop liking the other girl."

"Yeah, okay, umm. Are you asking me out right now?"

"I guess." 

"I'm gonna have to think about it."

"Wow. That is a crappy way to ask someone out." 

"I did eventually tell him yes because I did have a small crush on him. He was hilarious. He could play the guitar..."

"I can, too! And I play the piano." Kiseop bragged.

"Nice. You're going to have to play for me sometime. Anyway, he would play the guitar for me. He also wrote me cheesy poems. He was going through a hard time with his family. His older brother had committed suicide in the fall, and he fell into severe depression. He told me that I helped bring out his happiness again. He said I was his tranquility because whenever he had bad thoughts if I texted or called him, he would completely forget about them."

"Wow. I'm sorry to hear about that. It sounded like a really good relationship. When did it change?"

"I honestly don't know. Towards the end of our relationship, we argued a lot over pointless things. And when my parents found out, they didn't like him. I also realized that he liked me more than I liked him. Jaehyuk was the jealous type. I'm hoping you aren't either, but you kinda are."

"Yah, I'm not!" Kiseop pouted.

"He wouldn't let me hang out with Dongmin and Chungho. I wouldn't say I liked that, and we argued over that a lot, too. Eventually, we mutually decided to break up after talking about it because we both realized the relationship was going downhill. But I didn't talk to him for a few months because he took it more badly than I thought. He started to drink and would call me while drunk and say that he missed me. My friends told me to stay away from him because if I continued to talk to him, he would think there was a chance of us getting back together."

"So how is he now then?" 

"It's alright between us now. Jaehyuk's working at his father's business as an architect. He's also dating a classmate of mine. She's cute, too. She asked me if it was okay to like him before they started dating because she feared I would hate her. He's not drinking as much anymore, either. I was saddened at first when we broke up, but I got over him. And now, I'm married to you."

"I know we're supposed to divorce in five years, but what if we didn't? What if we had a stable friendship with the occasional kissing and whatnot? I'm not asking to be friends with benefits or anything like that. Just if you want to try something like that."

"We'll have to see. Who knows, if we both start to like someone else, that wouldn't work."

"You better not be saying that because you like AJ." Kiseop started to tickle me.

"No! Oh my gosh, stop!" I laughed. So we had a short tickle fight, but eventually, we grew tired and fell asleep. Kiseop fell asleep first.

*We may not have been each others' first love, but do you mean to stay married to me?* My mom didn't marry her first love, but I want a relationship like my parents. I guess we'll have to see. I hope our marriage won't be a bad one. I looked at Kiseop's face before I fell asleep as well.