Mending a Broken Heart- Part 1 (Jongna)

Scrabbling Feelings
           It was useless, completely useless. Luna surrendered, shoving herself into her abandoned dorm while slamming the door behind her. For months, she has been trying to cure Jonghyun’s broken heart, a task which almost seemed impossible when she took it head on. But today was the day which the mission actually proved itself to be impossible. Luna threw herself on her bed, pulling her covers over her. She sunk into her tranquility, squirming at the events of the day so far.
            All the F(x) members had decided to visit their SHINee companions today, Victoria claiming she was there to share her notes with Lee Jinki. But Luna perfectly knew what was going on between the two leaders. Amber was anxious to see Key, considering she was preparing herself for her departure and Sulli as well as Krystal wanted to visit their two favorite members. Luna also contributed to Sulli’s and Krystal’s ideal, seeing as she was only visiting to see her long time crush Jonghyun. Luna had made it her purpose to mend Jonghyun’s broken heart, for the time being. She knew Jonghyun liked Amber, to the extent that he was looming around the house with shear depression the first two weeks the Keyber couple had been created.
            So as the F(x) members entered the dorm, she quickly searched for Jonghyun. He was absent, most likely to avoid the lovey dovey actions between Key and Amber. All the SHINee members were just lounging around, watching the game, Minho had insisted putting on the television.
            “Hey there SHINee people”, Victoria said, while finding her way towards Onew.
            “Hey”, all of them responded in unison. Luna gave each and everyone of them a friendly wave, while the F(x) members settled themselves next to their favorite members. Feeling empty and unoccupied, Luna decided to ask for Jonghyun.
            “Wheres Jonghyun?” she asked the suddenly busy Taemin, whom was excitedly showing Sulli his new poster collection.
            “Oh, hes in his room, sulking”, he replied.
            Instantly, Luna shuffled towards the lead singer’s room. She didn’t even bother knocking when she reached the wooden stout door, knowing Jonghyun would just ignore the noise. So she swung the door open, to find the depressed Jonghyun hiding under his covers.
            “Jonghyun?”
            “mphbjdicioawd”
            “What?”
            “osheroenvoihwncvosljchwojgfiue”
            “I can’t understand a word you’re saying.” Luna reached for his covers, pulling them off.
            “I said, What do you want?” The no longer muffled Jonghyun said.
            “I couldn’t hear you, silly”, Luna giggled. He just waited for an answer for his prior question.
            “Just wanted to see my favorite SHINee member”.
            “That's great. Could you get out now?”
            “No way, I just got here”, Luna didn’t let that crude comment get to her. Not at all.
            “Fine stay, but you’re just setting yourself up for boredom”.
            “I bet you i could make you happy”, she said, settling herself on his bed.
            “I bet you, you can’t”
            “Yes I can!”
            Luna hurriedly fell to the floor, and began imitating a bear. As she swung her paws in the air with fury, Jonghyun just stared at her, dumfounded.
            “You look so weird right now”.
            With that, Luna got up, brushing off her knees. She wasn’t really sure what could make the saddened boy smile, so she settled with what she does to make Sulli happy. Luna spread her legs, and held an invisible microphone in her palm, suddenly getting all of Jonghyun’s abundant attention. Her face flooded with energy as she began to sing the chorus to Ring Ding Dong. Her legs moved swiftly, imitating the young Taemin’s moves, just over exaggerating them a bit.
            But apparently, that bit was enough to make Jonghyun bust out in pure laughter. The encouraging sound was almost like a beautiful symphony to Luna’s ears, as she began dancing even more ridiculously. Half way into the bridge, Jonghyun signaled for surrender.
            “Just.... op... too... funny” he managed between chuckles
Luna obeyed, falling to the floor once more, panting like a maniac. When Jonghyun finally seized his immense laughter, Luna spoke, “I told you i could make you happy.”
            “Aright, you won that one.” She smiled with triumph. But then Jonghyun’s frown rece more.
            “What’s wrong?” Luna asked, even though she perfectly knew.
            “I remembered why i was sad.”
            “Oh”, the conversation drifted off.
            “Is she here?”
             Silence.
            “Is Amber here?”
            “Yes”, Luna replied. Silence roamed the air once more. Luna wanted to say something, but couldn’t muster up anything.
            “Could you get out now?”
            “Why? I made you laugh, i have the right to stay here”, Luna pouted.
            “ I’m not joking, get out”.
            “Jonghyun....”
            “Luna I know you like me, but stop. I don’t like you and you’re feelings towards me are just annoying”. Jonghyun’s tone suddenly arose, “Now get the hell out!”
            Luna had no other choice but to oblige, as she paced towards the door. But  leaving without a word, is something she didn’t do.
            “It’s true that i do like you. But i never knew liking a pompous idiot was so bad!”
            She stormed out of the room, and through the hallway. When she reached the living room with her pounding stomps, the group didn’t even bother interrupt the furious rage. They asked no questions as she exited the dorm with a thud.
            And behold, here she was, regretting even meeting the lead singer. Where did he get off yelling at her like that? All she did was try to make him happy, how was that a cause of dissolution? Luna couldn’t understand anything that processed through Jonghyun’s mind. Surrendering was all she could do. With a small sniffle she laid her head on a pillow, finally deciding to leave the impossible task to someone else.
 
-----------
            Days passed, suns shined, moons glistened, and Luna moved on. Not completely, but just enough to avoid her usual clingy ness towards Jonghyun. Every time F(x) visited the SHINee dorm she would remain in the living room, becoming the third wheel in the Krystal and Minho relationship. She didn’t even glance in Jonghyun’s direction when they accidently bumped each other in the hallway. Luna began to do this so much, she even began to ignore the presence of the lead singer, referring to his friends and not him. It was like Jonghyun never existed in her senses, and she was absolutely content with it.
            However, Jonghyun wasn’t as content with the fact his usually close friend was now denying his companionship, all because he had a bad day. He began shuffling into the living room when F(x) visited, wanting the opportunity to apologize to Luna. But all he found was a complacent girl, who seemed she wasn’t effected by the absence of her crush at all. Jonghyun even began to wonder, if she completely erased him from her heat already. But he shook off the though at he leaned into the girls ear, away from the comfortable couch he was residing in.
            “Luna? Could you meet me in my room in like five minutes?”
            “Why?” she asked, with a grunt.
            “I have to tell you something.” Jonghyun didn’t wait for her to reject his invitation, seeing as he quickly scrambled up and began walking towards his room. An apology was necessary in order to gain her friendship once more. He needed to explain to her he was having a bad day, and he didn’t mean to take it out on her. All these thoughts ran through his head as he waited for Luna to appear in his door way. When he heard a knock, a unconscious frown formed on the bottom half of his face. Luna never knocked, weather he was sleeping or doing something important, it didn’t matter, her hands never interacted with the door.
            “Come in”, he gulped.
            “What is it?” Luna stepped into the room, almost seeming like a stranger. She was holding on to her arm, as she glanced around the room. It was as if she had never been there before.
            “I wanted to apologize”.
            “About what?”
            “You know what”, he stated.
            “Whatever, shoot”.
            “Luna I’m really sorry. I was having a bad day and i didn’t want to take it out on you. Everything i said was just may anger at the moment”. All his overly recited words poured through his mouth, as he continued. “I just really hope you forgive me and we can go back to being best buds”. While Jonghyun spoke his rehearsed apology, he didn’t dare to look up at her. But when he reached towards the ending, his head pensively raised, hoping to see a forgiving expression. However, all he got was a slight sigh, and a halfhearted smile.
            “It’s aright Jonghyun, I forgive you. And yes we can go back to being friends”.
            “ Thank you Luna! I’m really glad!” The singer quickly leapt out of his bed and embraced Luna tightly. But a pinch of awkwardness hit his gut, when Luna didn’t react to the hug. Her arms that would usually be rapped around his back, were actually hanging awkwardly, still at her sides.
            “I thought best buds were suppose to respond to hugs”, he said while letting go.
            “I said friends Jonghyun. Not best buds.” Luna said coldly, while exiting the room, leaving a cloud of silence enter the empty room once again.
 
 
 
 
(theres my Jongna, I hoped you enjoyed my horrid writing atleast a little! But don't fret, that wasn't the end lol. My imagination was running wild, resulting in a long fic. Too long to fit into one chapter-__- I'll post Part 2 later, but stay tuned for now... bum bum bumm... ahaha)