Maknae's Lonleliness (Sultae)

Scrabbling Feelings

      Taemin glanced around SHINee’s empty dorm, while trying to tame his puffy hair. He yawned slightly, skipping into the kitchen already prepared to smell the fresh sent of Key’s morning pancakes. Unfortunately nothing but the scent of air freshener entered his nostrils. The kitchen was also empty, making Taemin instantly check the rest of the rooms. As he patrolled around the vacant rooms, he had wondered where his hyung’s went. Most importantly, why did they leave him behind? Suddenly the feeling of abandonment spread through out his body, instantly despising all his hyung’s for leaving him out of their activity.

                While he sullenly loomed around the dorm, looking for something to prepare to feed his empty stomach, his eyes caught sight of a yellow note. He ripped it off the hinge of the door, and read it lethargically out loud
                “Blah Blah Blah Blah. We are at the f(x) dorm taking care of my Ambies, blah blah blah. Meet us there when you wake up, blah blah blah. Sincerely Key.” Taemin slapped his forehead lightly, a grin of joy and guilt spread across his face. He just remembered Amber’s recent accident while practicing the dance from their new album. The accident cost her, her leg and the ability to preform with her fellow members for a few months. She was going back to California in a matter of weeks, making Key want to spend every minute of the day with her until she left. They were only going to be apart for a miniscule amount of time, but the Umma just couldn’t see his baby go.
                With fresh new clothes, and a black beanie to cover his uncombed hair, Taemin stepped out of his dorm. Only taking a couple steps forward, he knocked emotively on the f(x) door, expecting to see the bright Sulli great him with a smile full of charisma.
                For the second time in one day, Taemin was disappointed, seeing as it was the silent Minho who slowly opened the door.
                “Hey hyung”, Taemin greeted,hoping to disguise his disappointment.
                “Hey Taemin, come in, we aren’t really doing anything”.
                Taemin obediently shuffled into the room, glancing at the lounging SM family. Victoria and Onew were at the coffee table, both laughing at an open magazine. Jonghyun was glued to the television,  while Luna was sitting beside him, more attentive to a stain on the carpet. Krystal was occupying the couch, an empty spot beside hers, which Taemin guessed was Minho’s. The only members not in close range were Key, Amber, and Sulli. He wondered where his fellow maknae was, knowing she would usually drag him away at this time.
                “You’re probably wondering where the others are. Key and Sulli are in the kitchen, cooking something for Amber while she watches”, Jonghyun said eyes still attentive to the television.
                “Didn’t know you could read minds hyung” Taemin giggled while heading for the kitchen. This was the moment where Sulli would quickly skip to him and share her progression for the day. But, once again, Taemin was wrong. The young girl was sitting next to Amber, conversing like a maniac. Completely oblivious to the fact that her favorite SHINee member had entered the room. A pinch of small loneliness flushed through his gut.
                “Hey you guys!” Taemin greeted.
                “Taeminie!” Key smiled.
                “Hey Taemin”, Amber genuinely waved. Sulli said nothing, only offering him a slight smile, which could never compare to her usual bright ones. He took a seat next to the graveled F(x) members, taking any opportunity to join their conversation.
                “What’s California like, Unnie?”
                “Its really sunny”, she laughed.
                “But you love it there right?”
                “Yeah, sometimes i find myself really missing my home. I wish\  Korea was in California.”
                “But you like it here too, right?” Sulli frowned. Taemin had never seen the F(x) maknae so intrigued with Amber’s stories. But he guessed the two must of gotten close, since the injury had their group worrying like mad.
                “Of crouse i love it here. You guys are my family after all”,  Amber ruffled the younger girl’s hair.
                “AISHHH Unnie, don’t ruin my hair”. That one complaint, sent Amber into a raid, touching Sulli’s hair, while laughing.
                “Don’t have to much fun without me.” Key pouted, monitoring the boiling stove. Taemin thought the same thing while saying, “Sulli, didn’t you say you were going to show me your mix CD’s today?”
                “Oh yeah! But can we do that another time, Taemin? I want to keep Amber unnie company while Key finishes her meal”.
                “It’s ok Sulli, go ahead and show Taemin.”
                “I’m staying with you Unnie”, she insisted. Taemin, suddenly hated her persistence, while leaning back into his chair. He waited, and waited. He watched as Key finished the meal, served it, Amber ate, and the group decided to move into the couch with the other members.
                As they entered the living room, Taemin nudged Sulli towards her room, silently telling her he wanted to see her Cd’s now. She ignored the proposition, assisting Amber place herself  in the round chair. Taemin sighed, giving up for the rest of the day.
                “You guys have to see this, i think its hilarious”, Onew laughed while gaining the every ones attention. Victoria nodded her head, while sipping on some tea.
                “This magazine just insists that all of us in the SHINee and F(x) group have some type of relationship.” No one laughed though, not exactly the reaction Onew was expecting. He continued, “Well the first one is Keyber. They say that you two have such similar sense in style, since your ears are pierced exactly the same way. Therefore you two must have secret meetings at the mall, persuading the other to buy something”.
                Key smiled, “I like that couple the most”. He pecked Amber’s cheek, getting a blush in response.
                “ I’m not done. Next couple is Ontoria! Apparently both leaders are polar opposites making them attract.” Jinki smiled towards Victoria, making the group laugh.”But, hey its true”.
                Taemin laughed, secretly wondering what the next couple was. He hoped it was him and Sulli, seeing as they were so close.
                “Next couple is Sultae!”, Taemin was right on the dot. “The two maknaes compliment each other, considering they are both flooded with undying energy. Both must instantly notice each other in a room filled with their oppas, unnies, hyungs, and noona’s.”
                SHINee’s maknae instantly blushed. As he turned his head slightly to glance at Sulli, he was suddenly pestered. There she sat, still conversing with Amber, still carrying a stoic expression. Taemin knew very well she heard them being mentioned, why didn’t she react the same way he did? But what angered him most was when Sulli automatically let out a full blow laugh, when her Unnie did something as simple, as making a funny face.
                “Onew just stop you nonsense”, Key said getting bored after him and Amber were mentioned. “ Let’s just all go to the store, because i need to buy some things”. Everyone jumped at that offer, Jonghyun grabbing everyone coats and handing them out. Even Amber grabbed her crutches, feeding her crave of finally leaving the house she was condemned to stay in until she healed.
                “I’m not going, I don’t really feel like it”, Taemin said.
                “Mamma, good idea. Maknae’s stay here and watch the house. We won’t be gone for that long”.
                “No fair! I want to go!” Sulli complained.
                “Just stay with Taemin, didn't you have to show him something?”
                Sulli nodded, and watched the  group exit the dorm. Taemin remained in his spot, searching for the clicker, and ignoring the angry hmph the girl made.
                “ I really wanted to go”, she said breaking the silence.
                “I bet you, you did”
                “I know! Wait, what's that suppose to mean?”
                “Since its all Amber unnie this, and Amber unnie that, I imagine you want to follow her around like a puppy ll day”. Taemin couldn’t help but complain and scoff at the girl.
                “Your not one to be talking. You’re always around your hyungs, attached to them like super glue. You almost look like a needy boy”.
                “I am the maknae”.
                “And so am i”.
                Taemin gave up, knowing Sulli and him weren't ones to fight. Never had they had a dispute, and he wasn’t going to start now. On his face was plastered a remorseful expression, matching Sulli’s.
                “Taemin, i didn’t really mean that”, she began.
                “I didn’t mean it either”, he said apologetically. Taemin got up from where he resided, and gave Sulli a tight squeeze.
                “Maknae duo forever, right?” she smiled
                “Yeah, but just one question?”
                “Sure”
                “Why haven’t you been paying attention to me at all?”
Taemin caught sight of her ashamed expression while she gathered up the words for her explanation. “Well i saw that magazine Onew hyung and Victoria unnie were reading yesterday. I couldn’t really picture us being a couple, but afterwards when i  saw you i kind of felt awkward.”
                “That's it?” he asks relieved. She nodded her head.
                “Thank goodness”. Sulli giggled.
                “So that means I’m still your favorite?”
                “No question about it”, she pressed her soft lips on his cheek, revealing the maknae love. 
 
 
&&&&tht was my Sultae, but lets be sincere... Did you guys really like it? I just posted this because my friend insisted on the innocent image of the two maknae's. I actually don't think they are this innocent (if ya kno what i mean *wink wink* lol) But if you did like it then im glad. However, if you didn't thn just tell me, and i'll gladly post my other version of a good Sultae (which his how they first met&what i believe were their first true impressions and personalities). Thanks for reading :D comments are highly appreciated!