The Maknae's Battle Part 1 [Sultae]

Scrabbling Feelings
“This isn’t cool hyung’s”, he screamed from inside the closet. Taemin let his angered fists collide with the walls, hoping they would somehow collapse. How dare his hyung’s lock him in this cramped closet? How was he going to receive the sparkling water he had asked for only minutes ago?
                “This is for your own good”, Onew whispered from the other side. Taemin growled, while bombarding the wall once more.
                “I swear to the heavenly gods, Onew. If you don’t let me out in five seconds, all your chicken is flying out of the window”. All respect and honorifics were extinct from Taemin’s vocabulary.
                Taemin heard the click of the lock and watched as the light crept in the dark closet. The door swung open, revealing a panicking Onew. Taemin stepped out rapidly, extinguishing any chance SHINee’s leader had to regret his decision of opening the door. The maknae glared at his hyung, while tapping his foot expectantly on the hard ground.
                “Are you really going to throw my chicken out the window?” Onew fidgeted, a pleading gleam in his eyes.
                “Not really, you just fell for it”.
                “Aishh, Key! I told you not to let Onew be the guard; I knew he would cave in a matter of seconds”, Jonghyun waltzed to the area, a microphone in his hand.
                “I thought he had some will power”, Key glared at Onew. Minho followed behind him, too busy piercing into his cell phone’s screen to care.
                “Why did you guys lock me in there anyways? It’s not like I did anything wrong”, he crossed his arms.
                “You don’t call tripping the new choreographer and breaking his leg, anything bad?” Key took front, meeting to his strict Umma status.
                “He was asking for it. He dare question whether I could follow him or not. No one questions the ability of the great Taemin”.
                “Wow you’re even more dumb than I thought”, Jonghyun interjected. “Look, hurting people isn’t good and I’m pretty sure you know that. Just stop acting like a brat and try not to make us look like complete idiots in front of the new girl group.”
                Taemin was about to let out a defensive remark, until the words “new girl group”, actually processed through his mind. Why was he never told about this news?
                “What new girl group?”
                “They are called F(x). Apparently the F stands for the F in five, and the x stands for the chromosomes that tell you if it’s a girl or a boy”, Onew stated.
                All members gawked at his knowledge.
                “What?”
                “I’m surprised you even know what chromosomes are”, Key smirked.
                “ing jerk…” Onew stomped away.
                “WHAT THE HELL DID YOU CALL ME? COME BACK HERE LEE JINKI!” The diva ran after them, leaving Jonghyun to shove his head into the rim of his palm.
                “Complete idiots. Stay out of trouble Taemin-ah we’ll be here in a little to meet the new group together”.
                Jonghyun walked away, Minho followed him still typing on his phone’s keyboard.
Taemin glared at the backs of his elder, while turning around. His destination was the kitchen, his stomach grumbling like mad; until an animate object hit him.
                “Aish, what th-“ a girls voice echoed through his head.
                “I should be saying that”, Taemin seethed through clenched teeth, while rubbing the spot on his head where the collision occurred. He glanced upwards to find a pained expression from a girl. She also scratched her brown hair.
                “Who are you”?
                “I should be asking that too”, the girl’s eyebrow quirked.
                “I don’t know who you are, but you should watch where you’re going from now on”.
                “Maybe you should, I wasn’t the one who was looking down”.
                “SULLI-AH! It’s our first time meeting all of SM, don’t make us embarrassed”, called another female voice. Suddenly a small pack of three girls and what seemed to be a guy, rolled up behind the supposed Sulli.
                The oldest of the girls came front and bowed to Taemin, oblivious of the fact that he was actually younger.
                “Ahh, I’m Victoria from the new girl group called F(x). Nice to meet you”, she shyly smiled. Taemin observed her hand, but then politely shook it when realizing she wasn’t as rude as her friend.
                “I’m Taemin, SHINee’s maknae”.
                “Pfff, you’re only a maknae?” Sulli scoffed while hiding her sly smile.
                “Shut up, you’re a maknae too”, the tomboy nudged the girl in the stomach, while putting a possessive hand over the leader.
                “I hope there are no misunderstandings”, Victoria smiled.
                SHINee’s dancer crossed his arms and sent a death glare to the other maknae. She quickly accepted the challenge, posing in a fierce stance and just rolling her eyes in response.
                “It’s alright”, Taemin turned around, snatching a bottle of water from a near-by table. “Just keep that beast of a maknae away from me”.
 
-          - - - - - - -
The soles of her boots felt sweaty, making her stance not the most suitable. Her legs fidgeted unconsciously, as the studio began to fill with unfamiliar people. The stares from others made her uncomfortable, her shy stare meeting with the floors. Sulli was never good with critics.
“What’s wrong Sulli-ah?” Luna stretched an arm over the younger girl, a worried expression domineering her face.
“Stage fright”.
“We aren’t even on stage little maknae”, she laughed genuinely, which seized Sulli’s nerves.
“Yeah, but the whole crew of SM is meeting us for the first time. What if they think I don’t belong?”
             “Aish, what happened to that girl who was just about ready to punch SHINee’s maknae in face? Why did she suddenly turn into a wimp?” Amber joined the conversation.
                “But what if they don’t?”
                “Listen, this industry is filled with uncertainties. But just as long as you believe you belong here, then does it really matter? Who cares what they think?”
                “I guess you have a point, unnie”
                “I do, now smile kid, they’re looking”, the tomboy leapt to her original position, flipping her hat back, and holding the boyish- stare she had mastered in only seconds. Sulli did the same, ruffling the tips of her hair and trying to muster up enough confidence.
                It seemed the audience was convinced, staring at the fresh new group, with smirks on their faces. Their pens scripted away, and clipboards reacted the scratching. Their whispers weren’t coherent, but the approving nods they gave off were just enough for her.
                The maknae sighed with relief, slouching her position a little. But then she realized, the real judges were now entering the enclosed area.
                SM’s original groups flooded in through the door, compiled in their synchronized arrangements.
Sulli wasn’t familiar with the groups, but she could recognize the SNSD girls already. The positive group had greeted her when first walking into the building. Sulli appreciated their cheery attitudes and friendly dispositions.
                The charismatic Super Junior oppa’s followed behind them. She had already met half of them, most of them being insistent on knowing everyone. Their approving nods also flowed through.
                Last was the SHINee gang, Onew stumbling in first. Sulli had heard rumors of the clumsy leader; making her giggle slightly, knowing they were actually correct. Key waltzed in seconds, gaping at what seemed to be Amber; his quizzical glance was insinuating the debate on whether SM allowed a boy in girl groups now.
                The quiet rapper and puppy-like singer crept inside, smiling sportingly. And, only seconds later was the brat she had ran into earlier, stomping into the room. Her gaze fell on him, attempting to gain his attention.
                The intense eyes reached him as he placed his skinny body next to his hyungs, and scoffing at them. The crowd was unaware of the rude messages being sent from across the room. Taemin mouthed “Do you want to die?”, and Sulli matched the pugnacious attitude with a simple “Don’t talk to me like that, you damn brat”.
                “Are you trying to get yourself socially killed?” Krystal mouthed through a forced smile.
                “What are you talking about?”
                “I can see you, I’m not stupid. Stop threatening SHINee’s maknae, all he did was run into you”.
                “Yeah, but then he acted like an annoying brat afterwards.”
                “Whatever, just shut up, before you end both our careers”, Krystal winked. Sulli was confused by the act, wondering why Krystal’s actions never matched the words that escaped . But the girl just shrugged, knowing her unnie had a point. It was meaningless to act like a child in front of another child. But the maturity began, right after she managed to release “You’re so dead mushroom boy", that caught the dancer's attention, immediatly. He simply replied with a smirk and a simple "bring it".
 
 
[im really really really really sorry, it took me this long to update >_<. My profs are killing me with these stupid papers, and mid-terms are coming, so i really have to study. It was already written a long time ago, but I wanted to read it, just incase there was something i wanted to change. But i hope you guys like this, eventhough it goes agasint Taemin's inoccent personality, ahahaha. And for those Ontoria, Minstal, Keyber, and Jongna fans; im going to include tiny parts of those couples in the next update, so you won't get bored. Your just going to have to squint your eyes a little, lol. ((btw, did you catch a little keyber, hmm?)). Im going to try to update as soon as possible. &&remember i love your comments, the make me hate myself if when don't update soon for you guys]