Chapter 3

Bring Me To Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Your majesty, we found the girl named Kahi"

"And?"

Today was another day where Sooyeon would sit on her throne listening to recent reports about the kingdom, most of them were unnecessary and boring and she would often find herself spacing out. But right now she had her full attention on the leader of the assigned army that went to Mithril, especially when she noticed how nervous he was.

"She said that..she doesn't know about who we are talking about and refused to give answers"

The more he talked the more Sooyeon noticed how nervous he is becoming. Getting impatient, Sooyeon raised her eyebrows and stared at him with her cold eyes in silence which frightened him even more, he gulped afraid to look in her eyes not knowing what to say next. With an elbow resting on the arm of the throne and her head leaning on that hand, she sighed in exasperation.

"What happened to the girl?" She growled angrily.

"W-we k-killed her.." 

Looking up at her, he noticed that she was just staring at him without any emotion on her face. Drops of sweat started running down his neck as the only sound that was heard was the drumming of her fingers against the golden metal that was the arm of the throne, he knew that the woman in front of him could give an order in a second and he will be dead in the next. He was wondering why the hell did he even kill the girl, just because she was hurting his pride..How stupid.

"You..killed her?"

She repeated calmly. Her outer appearance appeared to be calm, but on the inside, she was boiling with rage ready to destroy the man before her. She remembered the moment she got informed that a girl out there knows the location of the girl she was looking for, and they were also able to find her location. Immediately, without hesitation, she sent an army to demand the answers that she was looking for, the feeling of achievement filled her body because she was finally very close to finding the girl. But now that Kahi is dead, she is back to point zero, and she hated that so much.

"What would you do if I tell you..that you will be following her next to wherever spirits go when they die? That would be better, wouldn't it? That way you can find the information we need from her again, am I right?"

The calmness of her tone frightened him, she saw how his eyes widen in fear as he began trembling, he immediately kneeled down and begged her in everything he has to not let him die. She looked at him in amusement, she finds it amusing how these 'creatures' beg her not to let them die, when in all honesty she would prefer to die rather than staying here. Why would they beg when the place they live in is worse than dying? If it wasn't for what happened in the past, she knows that by now she would be long gone by her own hands.

she desired suiciding, in that way she could finally see— no, she can't let herself remember again, she promised herself that. She slightly shook her head waking her up from her deep thoughts and averting her eyes to the crying man in front of her. curved upwards in a sickly way seeing him in this state, how weak she thought.

Being Jessica who loved to torture others, she decided to let him live, as she knows that one day he will realize that staying alive is the real torture. She smirked at the thoughts.

"Get out from this palace and never return unless you have found her, understood?" 

he immediately started to nod his head several times despite the threatening tone of her voice. Jessica rolled her eyes when he kept on thanking her non-stop.

"I said..Go!" 

He immediately scrammed out fearing that she might change her decision. When he was out she let out a heavy sigh, her hand automatically reached upwards holding and gently her necklace that was around her neck. 

 

 

Staring at the small building in front of her, scenes of murdering were playing inside of her head. She was planning on the most painful way to kill the retired soldier that was inside of his own blacksmith shop. Taeyeon was wearing a robe to cover her identity, she didn't want the people that are around her to know who she is, well at least for now that is. Her hand was inside the robe clutching on the handle of her dagger that is hidden underneath the robe, waiting for the shop to empty from customers leaving the owner alone.

Although it was near midnight, she was surprised that there were still a few people out there buying and selling. When she made sure that the owner was alone, she entered the shop very quietly facing the man that she wants to kill so badly, the man that was a part of her dreadful past along with others that either were now killed by her own hands or were next in line to be killed by her.

His face was still almost the same as the last time she saw him, yet there were differences caused by aging.

"What do ya want, kid? this is not a place to be playing around."

His sarcastic thick tone made her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter