Chapter 8

Bring Me To Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So much for autumn starting, it's as if wind never existed"

Yuri huffed complaining, waving her hand in front of her face trying to get cold air. The burning sun was blinding the both of them, and Taeyeon was sure that it was the same for everyone around them in the market. She just couldn't understand why was she or Yuri here watching over a marketplace. Jessica's orders were becoming weirder everyday. 

Seeing that there was no answer from Taeyeon, Yuri continued to blabber, complaining about either the bloody marketplace and its weird smell or Jessica's unexplainable order. Taeyeon was told to watch out for what she and Jessica discussed before, which is finding Miyoung. But, it was ridiculous, she can't possibly walk around asking people if they ever heard of that name. Moreover, she doesn't even know how does she look like.

But it wasn't that surprising for Taeyeon, since she had already labeled Jessica as a mentally ill person long time ago. Over time, she got used to her crazy orders..but it seems that Yuri still didn't get used to it.

"Hey! Are you even listening to me?"

Taeyeon sighed, turning her head towards Yuri, crossing her arms as she looked at her with a blank face.

"Is that even a question? It's obvious that I'm not"

Yuri huffed mumbling more incoherent words, that most probably are curses. Taeyeon smirked, but it fell when she spotted a familiar girl behind Yuri's head, a little far from where they were standing. She tilted her head trying to confirm if that was indeed Tiffany, but if it was her then who was the other girl next to her? But what was more important is, what in the world was she doing here? Didn't she realize that it's a dangerous place?

They seem close, by the way they were practically glued to each other, giggling from time to time. Her eyes furrowed in confusion, didn't she say that she doesn't know anyone except her?

Yuri seem to notice Taeyeon's blank stare behind her, she followed her eyes' trail but didn't find anything suspicious. She was about to ask her when a screaming voice cut her off. They both turned to the voice, only to find one of the soldiers they went with and another man.

"Why is he screaming at him?"

Yuri asked, curious. Their eyes never left the commotion while the other man was cursing at Agraveth. 

"What do you except from these soldiers? They just want to show off their rank. Though I couldn't agree more with the screaming man"

Yuri snickered. Very typical from Taeyeon, the only thing that would earn her interest is hearing people cursing at Agraveth.

In the corner of her eye, she saw that girl dragging Tiffany, looking like she want to have a clear view of the commotion. Taeyeon did notice the pale face of Tiffany's, and her slightly shivering hands. She hated to admit it, but she was worried.

People started to crowd around the commotion, that became a fist fight. She saw Tiffany getting out of the place in a hurry dragging the girl with her, she wanted to follow. Something inside her kept telling her to follow, questions began to fill her mind. What if she met danger to wherever she is going? She was fully aware that the girl couldn't fight yet, and her reaction towards blood made it worse.

"Taeyeon we should stop them, before something bigger happens. The guy looks like he belongs to a clan."

The serious voice of Yuri snapped her out of her thoughts, she hated the fact that Yuri was right. They both went closer, passing through the crowd. Once they got a clear shot, Taeyeon didn't miss his unfamiliar armor and the black mark in his neck that looks like a deer's antlers. She was about to step forward, but Tiffany crossed her mind again and the possibility of her meeting danger. She wanted to follow her. No, she needed to follow her.

In her whole life, Taeyeon never thought that one person can do wonders in her mind. A fight was happening in front of her eyes, yet Tiffany was all she could think of! The feeling of needing someone, was totally new to her. Yes, she was scared of those new feelings. But, it's not the time for it now.

"Yuri, you stop them with the other soldiers, I need to go somewhere."

Before Yuri completed her but question, Taeyeon already left running. Heading to the direction she saw them leaving to. She didn't care about the way people were looking at her while she was running, or what might they possibly be thinking about. Though she herself was surprised, she was actually running now. And it's not something that happens everyday. She was always calm and seem to be the least effected in whatever situation no matter how frightening or dangerous it was. But a girl named Tiffany, made her do things out of her ordinary self.

She noticed a small river beside her, but the problem was, it was red. Due to the many times she saw blood, she was sure that it was blood that was flowing with the water. And for the first time ever, her own blood ran cold. What if that was Tiffany's blood? The sudden rush of adrenaline made her run in a way she thought was impossible. She needed to find the girl as soon as possible. Her what she thought was dead heart was actually beating very fast, afraid of the fact that there's a possibility that this might be Tiffany's blood.

Soon enough, she saw a figure that was standing like a statue with wide open eyes. And Taeyeon recognized her as the girl that was with Tiffany earlier. She followed the place where she was looking at, and found a corpse with a sword dug inside him, laying near the river. She let go of the breath that she didn't realize she was holding. At least it wasn't Tiffany. But if it weren't, then where was she?

Her head frantically looked around, when she finally spotted the said girl. Tiffany was sitting at the ground, in a way that looked like she fell. Her whole body was trembling staring with wide eyes at the corpse, she was frozen in her spot and colors completely escaped her face. What was worse, she looked like she was desperately finding air to breathe, her abdomen was moving rapidly along with her chest, her eyes were at the corpse's direction yet they weren't focusing. And Taeyeon knew that the girl was about to lose consciousness.

"Tiffany!"

She quickly called her, trying to grab her attention while approaching her. But neither her nor the other girl seem to hear her, they were completely frozen. Taeyeon ran to Tiffany as she kneeled in front of her while grabbing her shoulders trying to get her attention. But the girl's gaze was completely blank. She tried to shake her shoulders gently while calling her name, but all she got was Tiffany slowly turning her head towards her still with a blank stare. Her heavy breathing was clearly heard.

"Tiffany look at me, don't look behind me! Just try to breathe, okay?"

Her voice changed from panicked at the beginning of the sentence, to a gentle tone. But, Tiffany was still not responding. Wind was pushing against them, whi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter