Chapter 9

Bring Me To Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been a while since Tiffany had seen Taeyeon, and during that time guilt and sadness never left her. The feeling of something inside her not feeling right, the feeling of emptiness was there..but she is unable to decipher it. Maybe it was because the girl suddenly showed up and helped her in her hardest times. But she couldn't make sure if it was an act of sincerity or was it just another trick of Agraveth's.

Though it wasn't just emptiness, she was angry. Angry at herself for being a coward, and allowing her coward-ness to push important people in her life away. 

One way or another, they all would no longer exist in her life. And she hoped that Soojung wouldn't leave as well–or get pushed away in that matter, the girl is all what she has now. Her whole 24 years of life consisted of running away, escaping. And sometimes she gets really sick of it, there are even times where something inside her tries to convince her to go to Agraveth and get answers. But, she knew deep in her heart that it wasn't this easy..it never was.

The place where the waterfall is located became lonely again, just like it has been before she met Taeyeon or even that wolf. Sometimes she wonders what had happened to him, after that incident he never showed up again. She was afraid of the answer actually, because most probably he had left too. Or more precisely, his soul had left. Every time she tries to think of another rational answer, it will go back to the same answer..an answer that will make her shiver.

Her world was a dark lonely place, and she had already accepted that fact long ago.

Soojung tried to ask her about Taeyeon, but when the girl was mentioned, Tiffany felt a lump in not allowing her to speak easily. So she brushed it off only saying that she's someone who recommended Millstone to her. Soojung did show her concern saying that if Taeyeon was a soldier of Agraveth, then the village might be in danger because she knows about it. But tiffany answered her with a confident she won't talk about the village. She didn't really know where that confidence came from, but deep inside she trusted that Taeyeon won't do that and expose their village.

She was thankful that the latter didn't pry more about the surprising show of affection Soojung had witnessed between the two, because Tiffany really didn't have any answer to it. She herself was surprised, and it even was more shocking that she responded without hesitating–it somehow just felt right. It definitely shocked her since she thought of herself as a shy girl who wasn't comfortable having random people bursting into her personal bubble.

She too found it necessary to continue on training with swords, so she has been coming at that place every morning training by herself, she would train while remembering Taeyeon's advices involving fighting. True, it was hard by herself, but she has no other choice. She needed to learn how to defend herself.

Taeyeon eventually came to a decision that she will be focusing on finding Miyoung instead, to distract her mind and try to forgot ever knowing Tiffany. But another encounter with Vee made her mind distracted, she started to doubt if he had an idea of who Miyoung might be and why was she being chased. He surely was a mysterious man, and the fact that he never revealed his identity or his face irritated her. She felt like talking with a face-less unidentified person.

That day when she was getting some air, she somehow found him walking above the roofs of the nearby houses, as if it was the most ordinary thing ever–which added to her suspicion that he was an assassin. He was singing a lullaby without even glancing at the girl, but the lullaby made her curious, she was sure he meant something by it.

"Three bears live in one house

Father bear, Mother bear, Baby bear!"

The way he sang it creeped her out, his tone wasn't anywhere near gentle. Behind that hood, she felt his poker face. His tone was considered normal, yet it gave off that creepy feeling. It for sure wasn't considered a lullaby as long as he keep on singing it. 

That day when he finished his creepy singing, he merely shot her a glance when she was staring at him with a stare that gave off the what-the-hell look.

"Something is missing, don't you agree?"

Her only response was a groan, she got tired of his little game. For god's sake is it that hard to go straight to the point? He has been hunting her for weeks now!

His mouth only showed an upward curve that is supposed to be a smirk, before continuing his journey of discovering the shapes of roofs.  

She had to find a way to find him, and after a lot of thinking. She predicted that he would be inside the Red Moon tavern where he gets the Belgian Dubbel ale, it was the only tavern that sells that ale and he already mentioned it. 

She immediately understood why was it named 'The Red Moon tavern'  the moment she entered. The candles that lit the place was giving more of a red lighting than the regular orange one, and most of the things were painted red. Tables, chairs, barstools and even the bar itself. At least the wall was an unpainted wood. But non the less, it was supposed to make you feel as if the place was lit by a red moon itself.

Upon entering, loud voices followed. The place smelled of strong alcohol and was crowded. Which made it hard for her to detect Vee, but if he was a regular customer, then the bartender would have known him. She was met with an old bored-looking bartender who she wasn't sure if he had sleep or not by the way he was blinking, trying not to fall asleep right on the spot.

She stood there in front of him, drumming her fingers on the table that divided the two, waiting for him to glance at her. But all what was heard from him was the squeaky sound that came out from the sparkling glass in his hand, that for some reason was still being cleaned. A sigh of exasperation came out of , tired of dealing with even more tiring people.

"Do you know someone by the name of Vee?"

The squeaky sound stopped as his hand that was holding the piece of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter