Chapter 1

Bring Me To Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Beside a river out of yet near Agraveth, was a girl sitting on the grass, staring at the water flowing in front of her in silence. The moonlight made the piece of steel that was beside the girl to shine, the girl averted her eyes to the shining weapon, particularly at the name that was engraved in it..Kim Taeyeon. The sword that was especially made for her in her honor, one of the most powerful swords in this world, a sword that has tasted thousands of different people's blood. Turning her sight to the river again, she sighed.

Kim Taeyeon, was a name who millions feared of. She is invincible, and no human being can deny that. In a speed of a glance she can kill anyone, yet she wasn't really proud of it. But this is the world she lives in, a cruel one. She is known for being cold and emotionless, none had ever seen her smile, the only curve she would show in , would be a smirk that sends shivers to the person who receive it.

But there is only one person who loves this personality of Taeyeon and proudly took advantage of it, the powerful queen of Agraveth Jung Sooyeon. Taeyeon was possessed by her, she has no choice but to follow her orders as she knows the fact that if betrayal ever crossed her mind she would be between life and death. 

"There you are.." a feminine voice startled her as she looked up only to find Yuri getting off the horse she came with. Kwon Yuri is the only friend she has, and the only person who she trusts. Yuri is the same as Taeyeon, under the command of Sooyeon.

"What is it?" Taeyeon asked sensing the urgency in Yuri's expression.

"The kingdom of Asgarnia has sent an army to attack us, and Sooyeon wants us there right now"

"Don't they get enough, how many Asgarnian armies do we have to defeat until they stop trying to fight us?" sarcastically she remarked as she got up heading to her own horse

"Apparently they don't" 

Both of them headed back to Agraveth. There they saw the battle that was happening in front of the kingdom's gate, two armies killing each other, men falling down and blood scattered everywhere, only because they were commanded by their ruler. How pathetic, Taeyeon thought. But then again..she knew she was not different than them, and that made her sick. 

 

 

"Oppa..do it again~" A four year old girl was nagging at her thirteen year old brother, desperate to experience a piggyback ride from her brother again. He bent down reaching her eye level and ruffled her hair earning a cute pout from her, he chuckled. 

They were running around the village they are living in, as their parents were watching them with a smile plastered on their faces, a 17 year old girl called Kahi was also with them, she is a close friend of their parents, they treated her like a family member as she did with them. The weather was perfect, a warm day with the breeze of air brushing against their bodies.

"It's already the fourth time, aren't you tired?" 

"no.." she shook her head innocently hoping that he will give in to her

"well, if you aren't, then I am, you are getting heavier by the time you know" teasing her was like his hobby, he loved the way she would pout and show her puppy eyes to him followed by a whine, his love for her was indescribable.

"but..oppa-" her whine was cut off when they heard a sound of people screaming, they turned their heads to the source of the sound and saw people running for their lives while others were getting stabbed by an army who just barged into their village

"Agraveth.." she heard her father whispering while clutching on his fist, she was confused and terrified at the same time, she just wanted to get out of here with her family.

"Go! Don't let them see her!" she heard her father saying to her family urging them to get away as her mother suddenly carried her and they started moving farther leaving her father there who looks like he is trying to distract the army

"Umma, what is going on?" trembling she asked, once they were far from the sight of the army her mother put her down and bent down reaching her eye level cupping her face with tears in her eyes

"Stephanie, you are going with Kahi now, okay?" her voice was cracking trying hard to stop her tears from falling.

"But what about you? You are coming too, right?" desperately she asked, she noticed the panicked expression on her brother's face who is tracking the army's movement 

"Umma they are near" he warned and more tears started to fall from her mother's eyes. The sight caused Stephanie to tear up as well, she loved her family dearly and seeing them like this made her heart ache.

"We can't come with you, I'm really sorry" 

"No! I want to come with you, I'm not leaving without you!" But she got no response, instead her mother turned her head to Kahi who was tearing up as well.

"Kahi, we have a house in a village called Myrefall. Go there and be safe, and please take care of Stephanie for me"

"Why can't you come too? I don't understand" Kahi said crying, she was confused as to why can't they just run away to that house with her too. Stephanie is only four for heaven's sake! She needs her real family with her.

 "They already know us, even if we run away, they will still find us, but no matter what, they must not find Stephanie, even if we had to risk our lives"

Kahi nodded in understandment. The jungs have been trying to get Stephanie since she was born. Stephanie though doesn't know the reason as to why they are chasing her particul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter