Chapter 7

Bring Me To Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was all weird for her, the fact that no one seem to be noticing her. Moreover, she was sure that just a minute ago, she passed through a wall ever so easily. Her vision was slightly blurry. How did she end up in the palace's kitchen, that she doesn't know.

"Did you get it?"

She heard the main chef whispering to the other chef. The other chef grabbed a vial from his pocket, it contained a weird white liquid. A bad feeling consumed Jessica, she was sure that the liquid was not a normal one.

"Excellent"

The chef grinned widely before grabbing it and pouring it on the soup that was in front of him. She saw how he grimaced, moving his head away from the soup, while the other one was covering his nose, his eyes slightly narrowing. 

"What about the smell?"

The other whispered harshly, panic was visible in his tone. Jessica watched as the main chef looked around the kitchen wearing a desperate expression on his face. His eyes landed at the storage room's door, and a sigh of relief came out of his mouth.

"Bring me the oyster sauce, quickly!"

The other one ran to the place where the sauce is stored. He almost dropped it when he heard steps coming towards the kitchen. The main chef turned to the huge wooden door when he heard it open, revealing one of the palace's maids.

"I came to bring the soup to the dining room"

The maid stated. Her eyes furrowed when she noticed a weird disgusting smell, she looked around when her eyes landed to a half filled vial containing a white liquid placed beside the soup. The main chef quickly stood in front of it hoping that the maid didn't see it, his mouth showed an awkward smile.

"W-we just need to put one last t-thing, and it will be ready!"

Jessica frowned when she saw a slight smirk coming from the maid when her eyes landed at the vial. Jessica didn't understand why she couldn't smell the scent. Her head turned towards the other chef as he came hurriedly towards the soup, mixing the oyster sauce with the soup. 

Meanwhile, Jessica couldn't help but stare at the vial, her heart was beating fast against its rib cage, afraid of what might that vial contain. Was it a poison? And why did the maid seem glad when she saw it? Shouldn't she report it? But most importantly, why wasn't anyone noticing her presence when she was standing in the middle of the room?

Everything suddenly turned into pitch black, but in a few seconds her surroundings changed, she found herself in the palace's meeting room, but it was darker than usual, while her vision was still blurry. Her body went stiff when she saw her father sitting with her uncle, shouldn't her father be dead? Was she dreaming?

Her father was glaring at his brother, while he was wearing a smirk looking at her father. He averted his eyes to the glass in front of him, taking a sip from it, before looking ahead of him in a dreamy way, showing a grin in his face.

"I can't wait to see what would happen to Agraveth when Sooyeon takes the throne"

His tone appeared sarcastic as he was slightly laughing. Jessica saw how her father clenched his fist that was resting on the wooden table before scoffing.

"She's a useless brat, I would prefer to have a son. If she wasn't the one to take the throne, then I would've disowned her long ago."

Her father said with gritted teeth. Jessica's fists and jaw were clenched tightly, tears were forming at the corner of her eyes as her breath became heavy due to anger. Till now, she doesn't know why her father still had an effect on her. He could burn in hell for all she cares.

Her uncle started laughing, taking another sip from his glass.

"That's why your family will never work, it's already a mess."

He mumbled, before getting out of the room. Jessica's gaze returned to her father, he was clutching tightly onto the table mumbling incoherent words. She wondered what were they talking about before she came that made him this angry.

She watched as he glanced at the glass his brother drank from, before grabbing it and angrily throwing it at the wall, turning it into broken pieces.

Suddenly, everything turned black again. When a breeze blew against her body as a sound of flowing water coming from the fountain met her ears, looking around, she found trees around her, the sky was clear, and the grass looked very healthy. It was the palace's garden, a place where she came to hate a lot despite the beautiful scene it provided. A place she wished to never see again, but here she is, standing near the fountain that was placed in the middle of the garden, still not understanding anything. But surprisingly, her vision was clear this time.

"Missed me, Jessica?"

Her body started shivering as her blood ran cold at the familiar voice. She slowly turned her body towards the sound, only to find that same figure, a young figure she loved dearly, yet resents to see. The figure was leaning against a tree with folded arms, looking at her with a smile. Yet, Jessica was sure it wasn't a good type of a smile.

"Why?"

It was a simple question that came out shakily from Jessica's mouth, she was on the verges of breaking down. The figure raised an eyebrow, indicating to clarify the question.

"Why did you leave me!"

It came out as a scream, her tears were streaming down her face, as her knuckles turned white from the tight fist. The figure stood properly, staring at Jessica.

"Why?" The figure repeated, looking at Jessica in disbelief "Why are you even asking me this, when you are the one to blame?" She paused once again fixing her with a cold gaze, before shrugging her shoulders nonchalantly "Besides, you are already living a life with something called guilt, haunting you"

Silent sobs were coming out of Jessica's mouth, the last thing she needed, is for someone to clearly point it out for her. Especially, when that someone is her. Both of her hands were clenched tightly, yet anyone can see that they were shaking. All she could feel was pain, her heart became numb, and her whole being was ready to breakdown right in her spot. Her trembling feet betrayed her, resulting her to fall on her knees.

She heard steps coming closer, but she didn't dare to open her tightly closed eyes, as she was sure it was her. She felt soft fingers ghosting across her collar bone. Her eyes slowly opened as her body became stiff, she watched as the figure gently caressed her necklace that was wrapped around her neck, smiling a smile that showed sadness.

The figure's gaze met Jessica's eyes that showed pain. She raised one of her hands, wiping away Jessica's tears with her thumb.

"Why?" The figure whispered, her voice was barely heard "Why are you doing this? Why do you keep on torturing people?"

Jessica's eyebrows were furrowed, confused. She's not processing anythi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter