Chapter 6

Bring Me To Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The chirps of the birds around her, were like music to her ears. It was still early morning, and that slightly cold yet freshening morning breeze brushed against her. But it was the waterfall that was even more freshening, the sound of flowing water, and the wind that was caused by the fast movements of the falling water. Not to mention the fresh green grass around her that swayed gently with the direction of the breeze, and those healthy trees surrounding the area. It was a scene that will always fascinate her.

A few hours had passed and Tiffany was still waiting for Taeyeon, hoping that she will come soon. True, Taeyeon didn't really come everyday, but most times she would, and she hoped that this time it would be soon. She was half lying against the ground, running her hands through the grass gently, enjoying the feeling of it under her hands. She turned her head when she heard steps coming towards her, and Taeyeon finally appeared between the trees.

Tiffany immediately stood up and saw how Taeyeon furrowed her eyebrows when she glanced at the sword that was held around Tiffany's waist.

"Since when did you have a sword?"

Tiffany rubbed the back of her neck nervously, clearing . She didn't even know why was she nervous.

"I..to cut short, it is someone's sword, I got it when he attacked me" 

She saw how the frown on Taeyeon's face got deeper and suddenly she regretted telling her, she could've said that she bought it somewhere.

"Attacked you?"

"Umm..yeah, but that wolf appeared out of nowhere and saved me!"

She quickly added, she didn't want Taeyeon to think that it was her fault or feel guilty about it. After all, she knew that Taeyeon can't be with her 24/7. But the thing is, she really couldn't figure out what Taeyeon was feeling at the moment. She was just standing on her spot, staring in silence at the sword with an unreadable expression. Tiffany silently sighed, if only she could know what was Taeyeon feeling right now.

"Therefore..I was thinking that I need to learn how to use a sword" She carefully stated, she didn't want Taeyeon to misunderstand and feel useless either "You know, just in case"

"Take it out"

Taeyeon commanded, and Tiffany raised an eyebrow, confused. That was..random, she thought.

"Pardon?"

"The sword, take it out"

Did Taeyeon really hate the idea of her having a sword? What was so bad about it anyway, it was there to protect her. Sighing, she slowly took it out thinking that she will get rid of it. But her breath got stuck in when in a flash, Taeyeon's cold face with her sword were a few inches away from her face. At the close distance, Taeyeon's sword was able to kill her in a second if it moved an inch closer. In the corner of her eye, she could see the sharp point of the sword really close to her face, she gulped as sweat prickled her palms, staring at Taeyeon's brown orbs surprised.

"An enemy won't tell you to get ready, nor wait for you. So always be ready" Her voice dangerously low, sending shivers to the stiff Tiffany. Taeyeon pulled away and stepped back a little lowering her sword, waiting for Tiffany to compose herself. "Always remain calm and relax, being stiff won't help you"

Tiffany sighed in relief, she thought that Taeyeon was about to kill her. She tried to calm herself down, but it really wasn't helping. Her legs were slightly trembling and her heart was about to burst out of her chest due to fear as she could feel it beating from the tips of her fingers, she didn't need to look at a mirror to know that her face was pale.

"Done?"

"Y-yeah" Her voice was shaking

Evening arrived and they were still practicing. Tiffany was about to pass out, she was exhausted. Not to mention, it was her fist time. She wondered how Taeyeon wasn't feeling tired, not even a single pause to collect her breath. Practicing with swords was really tiring. Noticing her current state, Taeyeon decided to continue tomorrow, the girl was about to pass out in front of her. She was sweating a lot and her breath was very heavy, yet she didn't even complain, she was determined which impressed Taeyeon.

"Let's continue tomorrow morning"

Upon hearing the cold-toned words, Tiffany sprawled into the ground catching her breath. Taeyeon noticed her face was very pale, she headed to the waterfall and took out her handkerchief that was always with her and wet it. She went back to Tiffany and sat beside her, expecting Tiffany to take it and wipe her face with it. But Tiffany was merely staring at it with half open eyes, her chest was wildly raising up and down out of breath. She didn't have the strength to raise her arms, and Taeyeon wasn't sure if Tiffany was conscious or not, which slightly worried her.

Taeyeon randomly looked around the place, avoiding Tiffany's gaze. Her mind was in a war, as if it just splitted into two sides. One side was telling her to just forget about it, the girl needs to learn how to endure and be tough. While the other side cried out loud, she's about to pass out for goodness sake! She sighed.

Taeyeon hesitantly reached the handkerchief closer to Tiffany's face, slowly and gently wiped it. As much as she remembers, she hasn't done this action to anyone before. But seeing Tiffany in this state, she didn't have any choice. The previous scratches she once got from the wolf at her right cheek were still there, though they were slowly fading away. Her skin was very soft under her fingers. Her face was even more beautiful up close.

Tiffany was already closing her eyes, she completely lost her strength. Though what Taeyeon was doing helped he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter