1; The News

The Fearless and The Selfless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The News

A/N: I mixed a few songs to match the situation in the story. The list of the song would be provided by the end of the story. Enjoy!

 

She sighed at the text she just received and at the screen of her laptop, showing a brand new updated article. She knew it right away that the reason she was called to the company as soon as possible was the brand new headline news she just made. No, they just made.

Her phone rang a few seconds later, indicating the group chat notifications. The girls were asking about her. She didn’t even have the heart to answer it any sooner; she has no reason to explain to them. It was consciously her fault.

She sighed. She felt sorry for the girls. They just finished a whole different kind of waves from the early start of the year. And, yet, another waves was about to come. No, it was coming.

Another song played, signaling a phone call.

The Fearless, it said.

She glanced once again at her phone screen, before flipped it to its back side. She didn’t want to talk to him yet. Even though, it was about them. Yeah, them.

In the gap between a deepening day you come slowly
The darkness skims by and wakes me up
And across the open window receding away

Have you, you, you lost your way again
The night air is still cold, get up
So, baby, hold on I’m worried of leaving you alone
I leave the road and follow behind you

Moonlight – EXO

 

“She has been ignoring my calls.” He quoted from the past three hours he has been trying to reach her.

“And you have been stating that statement for the last two hours.” Kyungsoo answered the obvious. He has been keeping a quite facade for the last two hours watching the Byun Baekhyun kept on looking on his phone screen. He did it just for the favor that he knew he wasn’t in his best state, at last that was the best could state.

Baekhyun has always been the best kind of person to keep his angry or even bored looks behind the smile. Well, that didn’t work if he was really angry or really annoyed though.

And that was rare. Real rare.

“Hello?” Suddenly, Baekhyun’s voice woke him up from the thought of an angry Baekhyun at one of his events before.

His face firstly showed an about to be relieved face but then it changed to a frowning one.

“Wait, listen to me first-, “stopped.

“No, listen,-“stopped.

“Noona, please listen to,-“stopped again.

He was hopeless; Kyungsoo could see it from his expression.

“Okay, sorry. I mean Taeyeon. But please listen to me. You have been ignoring my calls since the news broke out.” He said that in the fastest way possible a vocal could say.

Kyungsoo widened his eyes for a while to take all the things his friend has been saying, to understand him clearly. Abruptly, he opened his own phone to check on the portal website.

Only to found the top ten searches was the two beautiful beings before him.

He face palmed his own face. Oh My God, why I didn’t see it sooner.

“No, you listen to me.” Baekhyun’s voice changed, it was obvious that he couldn’t take it like this again.

“Don’t be sorry, please. I just need to know that you are okay. Tell me that you are okay.” He firmly said.

He couldn’t hear what the other party said but Baekhyun totally frown all the muscles on his forehead.

“We can’t talk about this through the phone, Taeyeon.” He calmly stated, for a second the only thing Kyungsoo could thought was about how admirable of Baekhyun to be cold headed.

“I can’t, the schedule didn’t allow me to go to the company.” He calmly said, maybe the strong wind has been calmed.

“Maybe one of my manager would come. I don’t know.” Kyungsoo could feel Baekhyun uneasyness about the whole thing.

Kyungsoo decided that the next thing wasn’t for him to hear so he left the scene, he would comeback tough. He couldn’t just left his friend alone at times like this.

Baekhyun realized that the whole time Kyungsoo was there, observing him. He didn’t mind it, but when he left a wave of relief washed over him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter