Cry Wolf chpt: 9

Cry Wolf ***( HIATUS)***

A fierce growl escaped through the tan wolf's mouth, bared teeth threatening to tear Kai to shreds if he didn't step away from the black wolf that laid bleeding on the ground. The pair of dark eyes in each of the two wolves stared into each other. Kai knew that The tan wolf in front of him, his leader Kris, would murder him without hesitating if he didn't back away from the dying wolf that laid beside him, to his right.

 

Watching as Kai backed away slowly from Kyungsoo, Kris didn't let his guard down, keeping his sharp teeth bared and snarling menacingly repeatedly at Kai before snapping at the brown wolf standing before him, next to Kyungsoo's bloody wolf form, for being to slow about moving away from Kyungsoo.

 

Afraid of Kris, knowing he'd be punished for hurting Kyungsoo, Kai backed away from the two wolves more quickly after being snapped at by his alpha, not wanting his punishment to be carried out right now while Kris was at his maddest. "It's better to let him calm down, take that pathetic runt back to the house and fix him up and maybe, if Kyungsoo survives, Kris won't punish me too badly" Kai thought as he began transforming back to his human form "maybe he'll lessen my punishment if I help him carry that weak idiot back into town."

 

Watching Kai return back to his human form, Kris ordered him to back up against a tree and stay there by pouncing towards him.

 

Although he wasn't a wolf anymore, Kai could still understand what Kris was ordering him to do and did as he was told. Leaning against a large tree, Kai placed his hands on it to show Kris that he was no longer a threat to him or Kyungsoo.


Seeing Kai place his hands on the tree, Kris snarled a warning growl telling Kai that if he made any sudden moves, Kris would tear his throat out before beginning his transformation back into his human form.


"Help me with him!" Kris snarled at Kai as his transformation completed. Without a word, Kai stepped away from the tree he was leaning against and crouched down, pulling Kyungsoo's right arm over his shoulder as Kris did the same with his left hand. Looking at Kai, Kris could tell that Kai knew he was in trouble as he helped drag Kyungsoo's bloody, beaten body through the, now, dark forest.


Fallen leaves and broken twigs snapped under the weight of each of the two men dragging Kyungsoo towards town. Lost deep in his thought, Kris puzzled himself trying to remember the original punishment to those who committed a crime as bad as the one Kai had just committed. Being unsuccessful, his mind filled itself with punishment that could be used on Kai. "What will his punishment be?" Kris wondered as he tried thinking of a punishment suitable for Kai's actions. "Out of all those punishments, which one should I choose?"