Cry Wolf chpt: 17

Cry Wolf ***( HIATUS)***

It was a miracle to all that witnessed what was going on at the very moment, the swelling in Kyungsoo's body had seemingly downsized drastically after he'd been placed back on the bed and left to be alone for a couple hours while the clan had 'important business' to attend to. The swelling to Kyungsoo's head had gone from making him look as if his head was the size of an overly grown watermelon that was about to burst to a size that made Lay and Suho both believe that the swelling would be gone within the next couple of days while the swelling in his feet and hands had almost disappeared entirely along with the swelling in Kyungsoo's chest and abdomen.


"I'd say within the next two or three days you'll be able to see and talk normally again" Suho cheerfully announced to the small, and still injured, male after the pair of doctors had come back with some medication to give their patient "well talking I wouldn't be so sure of" Lay chimed in less cheerfully "Kai had managed to get quite a good hold of your neck during the fight based off of the evidence of his bite marks that we've found between your internal and external jugular veins, if he'd been just a mere couple of millimeters further to the left of your next you would've been dead by the time Kris had found the both of you. Now I'm not saying that you're going to die later because of this, I'm just saying that it was a close call but what I am trying to say is that his teeth left enough damage to your neck that once the swelling is gone your neck will have some major problems with healing the wounds and if you talk too much, you might lose your voice forever because of the injury." Suho looked at Lay with a 'why couldn't you tell him that later?' look in his expression but didn't say anything "you should also be able to walk again soon, that is, with some help along the way, of course" Suho tried to lighten the mood of the environment in the room again "your bruises are also vanished rather quickly so I'd say that within the month you'll look almost like your old self again."


Kyungsoo was pleased to hear the news, even the solemn news that Lay had to offer, so he replied with as bright of a smile as he could pull off without hurting himself in the process. "Baekhyun and Chanyeol haven't been here to see me recently, are they OK?" he moved on to ask the two doctors, or 'healers' as some of the clan members called them, he didn't want to admit but, after living so long by himself and not having anyone around to be with him, he'd grown rather fond of having at least Baekhyun around to help out and keep him company once he was brought to this place, Chanyeol had just recently decided to pay some quick visits from time to time so he wasn't quite sure about his intentions with him, therefore causing Kyungsoo to be less trusting of him still. "Yes, they've both been busy with some work that has been needed to be dealt with within the house so they haven't had much time to take breaks and visit you like they used to" Suho answered "I assure you though that they'll both be up here to visit you as often as possible once they've both finished with their work." After a while of silence that was shared between the three in the room Suho spoke up again "speaking of work to be attended to, Lay and I also have some stuff that we need to do around the house so we'll leave and work on those things for a while" he paused to stand up from the kneeling position that he was in on the floor and dusted himself off "we'll both be back periodically to check up on you though so don't worry, you won't be left alone for too long" Kyungsoo nodded in reply "OK" and so the two doctors left afterwards without another word being spoken, closing the door to the room behind them to leave Kyungsoo in peace while they were gone.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To be quite honest, Kyungsoo didn't want Lay or Suho to leave at the same time but he knew that if they had other things to do then he shouldn't hold them back so he had let them leave without fussing about his loneliness to them before they left. Once he was left alone in the room again he thought about how simple and relatively easy life had been before he'd agreed to come to Kris' clan for a week to see if he'd join, "I bet it's been way past a week since I came here" he thought "once I'm healed I'll tell Kris what I'll do" he then went on to think about the prophecy of the lone wolf that he'd been told about when he was young "huh, I wonder what brought that up?" he questioned as the thought stayed in his mind "Of all the things I could think about, that's what popped up....."


The entire rest of the day and night was spent thinking about the prophecy, even when Suho and lay came back to check up on him he'd practically ignore their presence as he'd let his mind continue on with it's thoughts of the 'story', "I wonder if the prophecy is real, I wonder who the line wolf is, I wonder when the prophecy will be fulfilled if it is true..........."