Cry Wolf chpt: 15

Cry Wolf ***( HIATUS)***

"I want to see, why can't I still see?" Kyungsoo whined from the bed, he knew that Suho and Lay were in the room with him because he could feel that they were taking care of the bandages that covered the majority of his body, what he didn't know was that Kris was also in the room, wondering about the doctors work and watching the pair of 'healers' as they did their work.


The question was barely heard because Kyungsoo could hardly speak above a low whisper, due to his entire face being swollen to the size of an overly grown watermelon including his mouth, but everyone managed to pull together what he'd asked after a few minutes of trying to decipher his nearly inaudible mumbling. "It will take longer than we expected" Suho told the upset and injured man, "we had originally expected that the swelling would be almost gone by now but our medicine doesn't seem to be working it's miracles on you like it does with everyone else, Lay might have to go to his lab and create a special medication just for you or you'll be here for a couple weeks, maybe even a month or two." As Suho had been speaking he'd looked towards Lay's and Kris' direction with a questionable expression crossed around his face, the two others in the room shook their heads in agreement with his prediction.


Kyungsoo whimpered, clearly more upset than before, he was so tired of being strapped to this bed, unable to see, unable to speak clearly, unable to move without the slightest movement he made causing him an immense pain that would make him wish that Kai had killed him back in the woods, he was just tired of everything now.... he wasn't strapped down much, just a pair of belts wrapped around each of his arms only enough that he couldn't slip his hands through or escape while also having been strapped around the metal bars that had been attached to each side of the bed. Why had he been strapped down, most asked when they found out, Lay and Suho then had to proceed to tell each member of the clan that Kyungsoo had attempted to leave the bed a couple of days ago and had managed to make it half way across the room by dragging his body against the floor before Baekhyun had come into the room and found him gasping and sweating with exhaustion over the harsh exercise . "Please Lay, I just want to walk even if it's only for a couple feet. Can I please just get up from the bed for a little while?" the patient asked, sounding like he was about to cry out in frustration. Lay looked to the others, he was considering not letting Kyungsoo have his wish because he knew of the risks that even just sitting up could possibly bring but Kris rushed in before he could speak, "let him" he said "you can get out of bed for a little while Kyungsoo but only to take a couple steps then you must willing let lay and Suho help you back onto the bed."


All three of the people in the room watched in amazement as they all swore that they could see Kyungsoo smile brightly, even with the swollen face, and heard him speak loudly "thank you Kris, I promise I'll only take a couple steps, i won't cause any trouble I promise", the three people thought that he must of had to scream just be be heard speaking in a normal volume for them to hear. The leader of the pack then turned to the two healers and nodded his head, "only a couple steps" he shook a finger at the pair as if he expected that they'd try to let Kyungsoo have more than he bargained for, "but that's all then you'll return to working on healing his scars and bruises" with that he left the room to go and handle other alpha business that needed to be tended to.


Suho and Lay both looked at each other again, both could tell that they were thinking the same thing... the possible risks that could happen now. "Orders are orders just as bargains are bargains and promises, promises" Suho said "alright, let's get this over with." The healers went to work on unstrapping the belts from around Kyungsoo's wrists and the metal bars attached to the bed before they each grabbed a side of his arms and began pulling him up painstakingly slowly. Lay stopped for a moment though to speak to Kyungsoo "remember, you promised only a couple feet so don't complain about the short time you'll have out of bed." The other nodded before the healers resumed to pulling him up. "Only a couple feet, I promise." He silently thanked Kris and the pair of helpers who were with him for letting him have this simple wish.