Chapter 2

Revenge comes with a price

Tears streamed down his face as he transformed to back to a man. He was a tall man, he had brown eyes and the most surprising part of his looks was his hair, it was rainbow coloured. For a wolf, it was a weird look however for a guy, it was cute. But I still needed to focus after all, he did just tried to attack me.

"Who are you and what do you want?" I projected my voice and had a feirce look on my face just to make sure he knew I was not joking and that meant business.

The unnamed man wiped away the tears that had stained his face looking a little embarrassed, after all, I did just made him cry just by focusing on him.

"Who's asking?" The unnamed man asked a little rudely.

Kris stared at him with an intimidating look on his face and held up a ball of flame.The unnamed man's eyes widened in fear.

"Sehun. I'm Sehun. I'm sorry, I thought you were going to attack me, that's why I attacked you."

"What are you even doing here?"I asked again.

Turns out he was on his way to the dark castle.

"I am on a quest,to find and defeat...Maria"

That name,that name pierced through my heart and tears automatically started rolling down my cheeks as my legs gave up and I fell onto the hard ground.

" No,it couldn't be Maria...she...she can't" I thought to myself not wanting to believe it, she can't be back.

Kris put an arm over my shoulder as I had a mental break down. He stared at Sehun with a menacing look. Sehun was shocked at what had happened, he knew Maria was nothing but bad news but for someone to react in this way was nothing he had ever imagined.

"Why her? Why now? How are you even related to her?" I coughed as the words finally came out after having an internal fight with myself.

He said he wasn't related to her but he had a prophecy to fulfil.

"What proof do you have?" Kris was in doubt, I could tell.

In that moment, as if Sehun knew what he was going to say, he took out a piece of paper that was a little yellow and brown at the edges due to old age. However, it was just a piece of the full scroll. The paper looked familiar.

Sehun read out loud what was on the paper,"Kill Maria.The blue moon is when the time is right...."

The rest of the sentence was cut off. The paper, something about the paper looked familiar. As if I have seen it before. Kris and Sehun continued talking as I recked my brain trying to figure out where I had seen that. Just then, it hit me, my necklace! I've had it since I was a baby, it was something like a locket but I could never figure out how to open it. My mother had always told me that the key was with one of the twelve wolves that have individual gifts and that what was in the locket was the final piece of the puzzle. I have never understood that but now I do.

"Where's the rest of your pack?" I asked surprising both Kris and Sehun.

I looked at Sehun hoping for the answer I was looking for.

"They're not with me right now...we separated to train for the battle on our own, there are 11 of us. I was looking for them then, well..you know what happened next."

He said gesturing to the force field that protected Kris and I. I projected my thoughts to Kris's mind and asked if I should say something about my locket. Kris looked at me with a look that I understood right away but I didn't know how to answer. Instead, we just stared at each other hoping that the answer was the one we wanted. He had asked me after 12 years, was I ready to finally face her? To face Maria? I asked if Sehun wanted to stay over for the night since it was getting dark and Maria's castle was somewhere in the dark forest. Going there at night and alone is basically a death wish. No one ever comes back out unless Maria lets you, Which isn't good. I could tell that Kris wasn't very happy about a stranger, that had tried to kill us, staying over but still,he couldn't stop me. Once I made up my mind, no one can stop me. Sehun didn't even try to say no, after all, he did look a little spooked out by the path to the dark forest. That night was nothing but a sleepless night to me, I tossed and turned and finally gave up trying. I walked out to the front pourch of the tree house and breathed in the familiar woody scent once again before taking flight. It was a cold night, but for some reason, the coldness didn't bother me. I flew to the cliff where I used to spend my time when I was younger, it would drive Kris crazy because he wouldn't know where I was. Sometimes, he can be a bit annoying but I know it's because he cares. He saved me when I was 4. The memories flowed through my mind as I took a seat on the cliff.

"Grrrrrrrr..."

I immediately turned my head to the tall trees hoping it was just my imagination. I was way too tired to fight another werewolf, though it might be an actual wolf this time. The growling became louder as I stood up. I could see eyes behind the bushes and they looked incredibly beautiful.