Chapter 1

Revenge comes with a price

  "NO! PLEASE!" Cold sweat raced down my forehead, tears flowed down like a running tap after having the similiar nightmare for 12 years consistently. The silence that surrounded me was deafening yet calming at the same time.

  "Hey...you're awake..." I turned around after hearing the familiar and soothing voice, it was Kris... People living in the village were afraid of him just because of his unfriendly looks and the way he is very frigid when it comes to communicating with strangers. He's not cold or mean in nature, in fact he was the opposite of what he seems to be.

   "Hey...could you please put that flame out?" I growled at him as he continued to play with his powers.

   I wiped the sweat away from my forehead as I stared at him. In a split second, he was completely soaked with water.

   "YAH!" He shouted as he glared at me with a ball of fire in his hand, threatening to throw it at me.

   "I've told you to put that flame out but you didn't bother." I said with an innocent smile on my face while combing my smooth hair.

  As I was putting down my comb, I sensed something wrong. I felt an immense heat coming from behind, I sensed fire. I turned around and raised my hand, suddenly the ball of fire frozed and fell onto the ground, scattering into pieces.

  "You're getting faster.." said Kirs, with a cheeky smile.

  "Well...what other choice do I have especially when I'm living with a psychopathic who knows all of my weaknesses and could possibly kill me any moment in the middle of the woods." I said with a innocent smile on my face.

Kris smirked as he went to get a change of clothes while I walked to the front of the tree house,it was just an empty space that kris and I would sometimes stand there and relax.

"You know I would never actually hurt you on purpose..right?" Kris said as he walked towards me.

As he stood beside me, he took a deep breath of the warm and refreshing woody scent of the forest. To others, this scent might be weird but to us, it's revitizing. The forest was dark, covered by tall trees with only a few beams of sunlight getting through the tiny holes between the branches. Vines were all around the trees' stem, except for the one we are living in, colourful mushrooms were all over the roots which are grown beautifully out of the ground that seems like a barrier protecting it. The aura surrounding the entire place was weird and mysterious, not a single human in sight. Right at the side of our giantic tree, lives the friendly dwarfs in a well-built cave, with fully bloomed flowers which never dies over centuries, butterflies, bees and any insects that you can ever imagine. These dwarfs would come over and visit us from time to time, never failing to bring us a gift for each time they visited, mushroom soup made out of the wild mushrooms around the forest, fruits and vegetables. There are also wild animals living within our forest, rabbits, squirrels, birds and many others, running freely and happily. Nonetheless, our little fire breathing dragons would come out of their den, practice their flying skills and shooting fire ball accurately on targets provided, they are making tremendous progress as being led and trained by their alpha dragon, the "Elemental Dragon". Elemental dragon has a total of 5 elements, fire, water, earth, metal and wood.

The largest tree among all you can find in the forest, the tallest and thickest, the most oustanding one. Beneath the dark looking humongous tree, hidden traps are within every inch as close as fifty meters away from the tree, you have to learn the right way as being taught if you were one of us in order to get through. Well, it's for the safety of everyone among us. Buried within the tree lives a paradise, a place that you can hardly imagine, it has been there for centuries over centuries. Beautiful gems are encrypted into the tiles that are used for the flooring,  Random pictures on the wall and a clock at the very top of the middle wall. A long hallway with 3 walls. There are five different rooms on each side of the wall, four of which are on the two same side of the wall. The one at the very end of the room was for the library, the two at the very left of the hall are the bedrooms for special guests while the other two at the right are the game rooms. In the games room, it has every game that had ever existed, some of which are not even sold anymore.

 "CRACK!"

I instinctly turned my head towards the direction of the sound. I knew that it was definitely not the dwarves,the only sound they ever made was music, nothing more. I felt uneasy... as if something wasn't right, and it wasn't. I walked down the wooden stairs and towards the place where the sound was coming from, which probably isn't the most sensible thing to do. The uneasy feeling in my gut increased as I crept closer to the bush. Holding out one hand to push the bush aside, something told me to stop and run. I heard growling... someone or something was there. Suddenly, a wolf tried to pounce on me. But luckily for me, Kris was faster. I watched as Kris wrestled the beast to the ground with all his might. "Help!" Kris yelled and I snapped back to reality. Just as the beast was about to bite down on Kris's neck, I focused hard and stared at the wolf. In less than a second, the wolf stopped attacking Kris and was rolling around on the ground howling in pain. When Kris managed to get up, I put a force shield around the wolf and stopped the pain I was causing it. However after a few moments, it became a he.