Chapter 6

Revenge comes with a price

He was D.O. How did I know that? Well...I've met him before. I was sitting on the cliff one night when I was 11. He suddenly appeared out of nowhere and we talked. I haven't seen him since, well, now.

"What took you so long?!" Jongin said walking towards him.

"I missed you..." They whispered to each other in unison as they held each other in a tight embrace.

Both of them smiled lovingly at each other as Jongin broke the hug. He pecked D.O's lips.

"Ahem."

The little couple's faces turned red when Kris 'cleared' his throat. Cute.

"Uhh...this is" Jongin started.

"Kyungsoo. Aka D.O. He's a memeber of their pack. Nice to see you again." I said cutting Jongin off and looking at Kyungsoo.

He looked at me and smiled. Jongin just looked at Kyungsoo with confused expression on his face. I chuckled a little after reading his mind. Sehun and Tao came over and hugged Kyungsoo while Jongin held onto his hand while glaring at Sehun and Tao. I turned away only to see Kris walking slowly into the woods. He wanted to talk to me about something alone as he didn't really trust the other wolves yet. I followed him after reading his mind.

"Do you really want to do this? It's not too late to turn back..." Kris said with worry in his eyes.

"I don't have a choice...if I don't go, she'll destroy this realm. You know that" I said looking at the moon that seemed to shine brighter than any other day.

"I know...but are you ready to put their lives, everyone's lives and your life at risk? People will die, no doubt about that. The question is, are you ready?"

The last three words were ringing in my head, keeping me awake. I tossed and turned, trying hard to fall asleep on the cold hard ground. Was I ready? I didn't have an answer for that. I turned to my right side once again and there laid Sehun and Tao sleeping soundlessly. I sat up and saw Jongin and Kyungsoo all cuddled up sleeping with smiles on their faces. Suddenly I felt a weight on my leg, it was Kris. I smiled. He was the only one snoring out of the group. 'He must be really tired' I thought to myself as I saw drool coming out of his slightly parted mouth. My heart felt incredibly heavy. I don't know what I would do if I were to lose it all again. I wasn't ready. I slowly used my powers to fade away and then fade back, standing up in front of Kris trying not to wake him.

"Grrrrrr......"

I heard a growling sound. I had just taken a small stroll as I was making my way back to the group. I stood rooted to the ground as the growling became louder. "Roooooaaaaaaarr!!"

Was all I heard before a wolf tried to pounce on me. Luckily for me, I managed to dodge it otherwise my head would have been on the ground, detached from my body. I stared at the wolf as we walked in circles, watching each other. When I saw my opportunity, I punched it in the face, holding back as I didn't want to kill it. It fell to the ground with a cry. Suddenly it howled. In less than a second after that, he scratched my bandaged arm and I fell to the ground not expecting it.

Blood started painting the bandage as the wolf pinned me down onto the floor. It opened its mouth wide, fangs showing and saliva dripping, it was going to bite my head off. Suddenly, a gust of wind hit me and black was all I saw. The next thing I knew, the wolf was in a one on one fight with another wolf. Sehun, Tao and Kyungsoo helped me up while Jongin stood infront of us, making sure they weren't too close. 'Wait..1..2..3..4.. Where's Kris? No, that isn't, he wouldn't...' I thought to myself before I used my power of basically being able to talk with the same volume of having a microphone,

"STOP"

The fight slowly came to a stop, both of the wolves changed back into humans. The unknown man looked at Kris and gasp, tears forming in his eyes.

"Kris.......?"