CHAPTER 9

My U.P.O
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One year ago.......

"Jack, please help me take care of this. Thanks ya!"  One exhibition staff talked to Daniel, Daniel gesture him wait for awhile and then turned to talked with another young guy, Jack.  Today was the day Daniel had his second personal portraiture exhibition.  He was so busy in entertained some famous person in town who attended his exhibition.

" Ya, I just love to shoot the portraits.  Haha, I don't know, but it's hard to capture sometimes since human have boundless expression and it swift within a second.  Love, hatred, grief, and whatever, I hope I can capture it all with my camera."  Daniel surround by a few reporter and answered to their questions.  Daniel's face brightened when he talked about his work.  "Ok, thank you and wish you all have a nice Saturday." 

Daniel took a glass of pure water, drank it.  Later, a woman followed with one man and a young lady approached to him.  The woman was one of his exhibition sponsor.  "Hi, Angela."  Daniel greeted the woman, then smiled. "Daniel, let me introduce you.  This is Mr. Manaying, a man of influence in this city.  And the young lady who stand beside him was his daughter, Ms. Sushar.  Mr. Manaying was the person I mentioned you before, who sponsor your second exhibition."  Daniel in surprised at first, he held Mr. Manaying's hand in a friendly grasp. "Thank you so much, Mr. Manaying.  Well, may I have this honour to tour you all around and show you the displayed work?  Please follow me."

*****

"Daniel, I know you're a smart guy.  Why don't you work for me?  I can offer you a manager position.  You know, you are dating my daughter, and the photographer job may not suit you right now.  You have to planning, for your future.  I know you love your job, and you proud of it.  But, this is not a good choice, to choose it as a long term job.  Anyway, you may consider my suggestion, work for me.  I'll be waiting for your call, just keep my name card."  

*****

"She is become more cheerful and happy.  Thank you, Daniel.  I've been worried for her after her mother passed away, she didn't says anything to me, but I know it's hurt her.  But, now seems your presence bring her a different changes.  And, I'm glad that you accepted my offer.  It may difficult at first, but I believe you can handle it, and prove to the others you're capable."  

*****

"Aom doesn't interested in taking over my business.  So, her future husband maybe the one who take over my place.  Will it be you, Daniel?  Please take good care of my daughter, no matter what happen." 

*****

Inside the meeting room

​"That's it for today's meeting. Thank you for the questions highlighted and your attended. Have a nice day." Said Daniel with a confidence smile on his face. Within 3 months, he proved them-his subordinate who senior than him that he was the man, who can lead them. His performance gave those who had doubt on his capability and Mr. Manaying's decision a big slap on face. A message received. Daniel took a glanced at his handphone, It's Aom...  He smiled, he never feel so good before.  "Career and Love, I'm the most lucky man in the city."  He leave the meeting room with a free gait.

 

In front of the Cage (One of the casino)

​"Mr. Daniel, this is your winning cheque.  You may check about it and if you have any question,  please do not hesitate to call us." Said the casino marketing shift manager, and handed Daniel a name card.  Daniel just won a big sum of money in casino.  He was in luck today!

*****

"What???!! My GOLD.......! Damn it!!"  Daniel invested a big sum of money into the gold forex by using online platform, but only the God know why the gold prices drop.  Daniel with sulky face stared blankly at computer, his money was trapped in the gold trading. He only can get back half, if he quit this game now.  "!!"  His mood spoiled, while in continually he received the bad news from foreign exchange market.  The profit he earned from stock market was not enough to cover his lost in gold and foreign exchange market.  "What should I do now?"  Daniel thought to himself.  "Gaming....?"

*****

 

Maxim's VIP room (One of the Casino)

"Oh no, it!! the 9!!"  When the dealer opened the cards, Daniel cursed, in unbelievable face.  He showed hand for this last bet, but the hand value at banker side was 9 which sank him down while he get a hand value was only 8.  He lost, after he credited the maximum of his credit cards.

He bury his face with both hands.... "I'm free with my money before.. but now...."  The stock price took another tumble in the afternoon.  Unluckily, Daniel unable drop out before the deal turned sour.  After struggling for awhile, he decided to take a risk.  "Maybe, I can try it.  Make some faked invoice within my authority, playing some tricks with company account...  As I cover my lost, I will return the money back to company."  It is obvious that he was bitten by a lust for money and power.

*****

 

Daniel get up and began to pace up and down the room.  He appeared to be talking to himself.  "I couldn't fail this time... even the bald ribbed me for having big trouble now.."  The bald hit the nail on the head when he mentioned that Daniel was actually not much better if compare with himself, since Daniel was facing the danger of bankruptcy and even the worse, he will send to jail if the bald report to police about what he had done to Aom. 

Daniel get his cellphone,  and dial to the bald man number.

"Let's do it..."

 

 

It's raining outside since this morning.  However, the rain stops at noon and the sun soon scattered the clouds. 

 

"Tina, I'm feeling so bored at home."  Said Aom to Tina.

 

"Pad kid poured curd pulled cold."  Tina says to Aom with a smile on face.  Aom frowned and then asks Tina. "What're you talking??"  Tina shook her head gently, didn't answer to Aom's question but repeat the phrase. ""Pad kid poured curd pulled cold..."  Later, Tina pouts and release a sighs.  "I'm trying to play a tongue-twister but it's hard.  Do you want to try?" 

 

Aom glare at Tina, speechless for what she said.  "Take me out, Tina.  Any places.  Now, let's go!"  She wrapped Tina's arm with one hand, then dragged Tina back to the bedroom.  "Ok ok...watch your steps, Princess!"  Tina's voice came from upstairs.  She yelled at Aom when Aom tumbled over the carpet.

 

 

At the Central Park

 

In front of the candy floss kiosk, Tina was on queue to pay for the candy floss while Aom waits happily with holding the colorful ballons nearby the roadside.  She eyed at Tina, with a sweet smiles.  The pedestrians who passed by were wonder who's the lucky one this beautiful girl waiting for.  Aom gave Tina a cheery wink as she noticed Tina was glance over at her from time to time.  Tina came out a shly smile as Aom winks at her.

 

Both of them were asleep to the coming danger.  Someone pulled the van over to the side of the road and stopped beside Aom.  All of sudden, one man pounced on Aom and immediately he covered Aom's mouth with something, and turns Aom incapacitate within a few seconds.  Aom fainted, before she sank to the ground, the man carry and her into the van.

 

"Excuse me, Ms.?"  The kiosk cashier try to get Tina's attention back.

 

"Oh, ya."  Tina turned to the kiosk staff with a embarrassed smile.  "Please give me one candy floss and one mineral water, thanks."  At the same time, upon hearing shouts of  "HELP!!"  from the crowd, Tina turned back and saw the scene.

 

Tina get over the shock after a moment.  Immediately, she tilted through the crowd and torn down the road, but she's late.  The van which rolled on at full speed fled.  "They kidnapped Aom! Aom!!"  Tina clenched her fits, try to stay calm but she failed.  "Aom...."  Her heart beats fast and hand in sweating because of panic even though she know it, predicted that this situation will happen one day. 

 

"Sir, we hooked the fish.  Please make sure our men had follow behind the van.  You promised me that she will be fine."  Tina called Ion, color was coming back to her face.  She report to him what had happened.  " it!!" She cursed.  She saw them, her subordinates who suppose tailing the fish now, walked back to the car with their both hands holding the drinks and hot dog bun.  "Damn it!  Where they'd gone?!"  She yelled, hung up on Ion before he able to ask anything and run to her motorcycle.

 

After one minute, her motorcycle spun over the road and follow the way where the van had disappear.

 

 

Night had fled.  There are dark clouds in the sky.  The wind moved the trees hard back and forth.  A stream wound it's way through the village.  It's dark, everything seems hidden under the mantle of night.  No far from the stream there was an ordinary house, a van was parked in front of it.

 

Aom's mouth was covered with dirty cloth and both hands tie up, she sat on the ground. She just became conscious after fainted for a couple hours. She could see nothing in the dark.  Her head spun a little bit.  felt so dry that she thought she won't be able to speak at the moment.  She tried to remember what had happened just now.  Then the flash back of this afternoon scene was playing inside her head.  She cried silently, afraid for what will happen next.

 

"This poor little thing looked so afraid.."  One man shadows flickered on the wall.  He eyed at Aom by the flickering light of the candle.  "She looks pretty actually, even with teary face like that."

He move closer, Aom was trembling seeing him.  In no time, that man kneld down in front of her, studying her flawless pale face even closer.  He touch it, try to caressing her smooth cheek.  Aom shivered and try to avoid his touch.  Realizing her sudden action, that man stopped his hand right beside Aom's left cheek.  He pull back his hand, then he stared at Aom with no expression.  Aom was totally scared that time.  Roughly, the man pull up her chin, forcing her to look at him.  Her eyes now locked with the man's eyes, pleading.  Don't know what to do, she just pray inside her heart.  She closed her eyes and trying to suppressed her tears.  That man take his hand fom Aom's chin. Later, he glance round the room which furnished barely then he walked out the room.

 

Not long after that, he scattered Aom's belongings all over the floor.  Her phone, pouch, keys, lipstick are spread on the floor.  He took Aom's phone, dialing one number then he walks to Aom again with her phone.

"Who are you??!  Aom!!"

Aom's eyes open wider when she heard that familiar voice yelling from the other side of the phone.  He roughly untied the cloth from Aom's mouth and place the phone beside Aom's left side, with speaker mode on.

"Say something to your dad, poor girl."  The man says to Aom.

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter