CHAPTER 5

My U.P.O
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Time flashback to the day, noon at campus main entrance.

 

"Aom,"  Kins appeared from somewhere at the main entrance.  He is trying to get Aom's attention by called her name, with a smile appeared on his face.  Aom gather her eyebrows together in frowned when she saw Kins.   "I thought today was my lucky day,  but it seems my lucky star abandoned me now.  Why I meet you this eccentric lecturer here?"  Aom faked a smile,  "Lecturer Kins, afternoon."  And she greeted him with a rather unpleasant tone and emphasized the word "Lecturer".   "Aom, as I told you before you can call my name directly.  Are you free?  Do you want to come to my place, it located not far from here.  We can watch a movie at home, or you have any question in your studies?  We can discuss it at my place."  Kins touched and pulled Aom's arm before Aom give her respond to his "invitation".                                                       

 

"Wait.. wait a moment!"  Aom yelled and struggle for pulled back her arm from Kins.  "Hey!  Let go off your hand!"  A young and good looking man showed up, with a bunch of roses on his hand.  Finally, Aom free her arm and she smile to that man, Daniel, meanwhile Kins stared at them.  Daniel handed Aom the roses,  "For you, my princess."  He said with a flicker of a smile.  "Thank you for coming at the right time, and your roses."  Aom said, and received the roses with two hand.  "Let's go, Aom."  Daniel gestured Aom to away from Kins.  And then, he turned to Kins and gave a warning at him before he get in to his car with Aom.  "Hey, wise up!  Who do you think you are?  You're a joke!  off and stay away from Aom!  What a stupid idiot."  Kins looked at them with hate in his eyes.  He stood still, with grounded his teeth and clenched his fits in anger, then disappeared himself after the car was drove away from his sight.

 

"I hate her.. Why she do it to me?  All the girls are the same, materialistic yet tish!"  He sit alone in the shadow and drinking inside a pub.  "Hi, handsome, are you waiting for me?"  A girl approached and flirt with him.  He raised up his head and stared at the girl.  His eyes were red, and his face was dark in this shadowy place.  "Yes... I'm waiting for you."   He said, then followed her to the dance floor, trying to forget his disappointment a while ago.  Two figures hugged intimate in front of the pub entrance and waiting for the taxi.  They stopped a taxi, get into it and the taxi sent them to the nearby budget hotel.

 

The next morning, Kins get return to his ordinary life.  He remains unchanged from his appearance;  still a good son to his mother, a normal lecturer in the uni...  However, inside his thoughts and his heart were dominate by his desires- a devil that urged him to try again, to break the rules and the morale.  "It was a nice try,isn't it?  The abandoned night, it was wonderful that I can free from the rules and morale.  For the first time I have the freedom to breath and to possess of my life.  No one gonna say no to me, and I own my voice, to choose what I want to do."

 

 

After two days......

 

"What happened to me?!"  He looked shock horror when he found his part, and the corner of his mouth was having some herpes, which look disgusting and vice.  He put up a mask to cover his face, to avoid people questioned him about the herpes.  It was itching and tingling, but he can't do anything when there are about 30 pairs eyes eyed him inside the classroom.  He suffered the torments from the herpes and he bore it until the class ended.  That day, he was totally not in mood in gave the student lessons. 

 

After finish his lesson for today, Kins went home.  He browse the website and checked about the symptoms with him.  Kins motionless sat there, he stared blankly at the monitor when he found out there is high possibilities that symptoms happened on him is venereal diseases.  BANG!!  He threw the mouse to the monitor. He looks terrible. He clenched his hands with a a wrathful spark in his eyes. "The ! Damn it, dirty !! "

 

Today, 08 Nov 2013, Kins decided to apply one day medical leave and seeking for doctor advise after he been worried up all night. Inside the hospital, Kins feel uncomfortable and embarrass. He keep his head down and look at his toes, worrying there is someone can recognize him. He is fidgeting while the time passed and getting impatient to waiting for his turn. Finally before he explode, the screenplay showed his queue number.

 

While Kins and a male doctor inside the consultancy room before taking a full body check up, Kins in worries tell the doctor about his symptoms and the herpes was with him for how many days. The doctor listen to him and nodding while he typing something in points form into the computer. "Alright, I only can confirm with you after we have run the test for your situation. The samples will send to laboratory for testing and the result will available within two weeks. We will contact you once we get the report. By the way, I have a few questions for you. When you had your last ual contact with your partner? Did you use in proper way? Or any safe precaution you did taking during the process?"

 

After the clinical examination for the part done and the sample from the invisible sores taken by cotton wool, Kins waiting outside for his turn to pay for the consultancy fees and take th antiviral tablets with the medical prescription at prescription counter. 

 

The next day, Kins back to work. His sensitive character make him stayed in alert for the whole day. He worry for nonsense, feeling the people surround him knowing his secret, and laugh mocking and bad mouth behind him. He was tired for keeping his secret, to avoid people find out about his abnormal behavior. He called to uni administration and request for one week emergency leave. For the following days, Kins living in worries and distress. He make himself drunk, to escape himself from the reality and the facts which presented barely. He cursed the and blamed Aom for make him sorely vexed.

 

 

After one week...

 

A glass of water, a medical report, a table lamp, a photo frame, books.....  He got drunk and began to grabbed and smash things into the wall.

 

"This examination result shows you infected with herpes, which caused by Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV). We suggest you........ There is no cure for HSV and the treatment is not essential.However,I will continue prescribe you the antiviral tablets,to reduce the severity of an outbreaks..... It is possible for the dormant virus to be recurrence in some people..."

 

"Stop it! Stop it!!!  Don't talk to me!!!  Shut up, You!!"

 

As he shouted depressingly, he knelt down and covered his both ears with hands.  Sweat beaded up on his forehead,  "What more can I do?  Why?  I am just about a joke, a failure laughingstock to others....."  Slowly he closed his eyes, crouched at the floor and abandoned himself to despair.  "Aom....."

And before he drunk and fall asleep,  "I must take my revenge....."  The last thoughts flash through his mind.

 

 

After their class dismissed, Tina waiting for Aom patiently when Aom put the books into her bag.  "Ok, done."  Aom grinned at Tina.  Before they walk out from the classroom, there is an incoming call for Aom.  She grab her phone and look at it, is Daniel.  Aom took a swift glance at Tina before she answer to the call, Tina aware and she leave Aom alone while she waiting for her at corridor.

A minute later, Aom walk out and in embarrassing she look at Tina.  "Tina, I'm sorry but.. I can't go home with you.  Daniel was waiting at main entrance for me right now.  He said he got something to talk to me, in seriously.  And I will have dinner outside with him later, is it ok?"  Aom carefully look up for Tina respond, but Tina didn't put up expression on face.  She remain quiet and nodding at Aom, then walks away.  Aom feel a bit frustasted against Tina,  "I'm unhappy because of she show no feeling to me?"

Aom meet up with Daniel at the main entrance.  Daniel waved at Aom and greeted her with a beam of joy.  "Aom..  I miss you.."  Daniel says to Aom as he hand out one hand to take over her bag, and another hand placed at her waist, then gave Aom a swift kiss at her rosy cheek.  Aom widen her eyes, in unbelievable.  "Gosh...why he did this to me?  I mean, he is always act like a gentleman, and respect me."  Aom felt stiff and against for his intimacy.  It was a coincidence that Tina has just slowly riding passed by them.  Aom nearly shouted her name out, she don't want Tina feel upset or misunderstanding about her.  But she was able hold back her words when Tina choose to ignore her existence and act they are about a stranger to each other.

Inside one cozy restaurant, Aom and Daniel had finish their dinner.  "Aom, are you doing well? You looks tired."  Aom awake from her deep thoughts by Daniel and met up with his concern eyes.  She came out a faked smile,  "Ya, I'm fine, just.. thinking of some details for my assignment."  And soon she excused herself to the washroom. In front of the mirror inside the washroom, she sighes.  "What am I thinking?  Daniel is my boyfriend after all, but why do I care her much more than Daniel?  And why do I feeling anxiety and guilty to her about what had happened at the main entrance?"  Aom reflected on this matter for a moment, and she grew restless.  "Forget it!!  Just put it aside!"  She intentionally choose to ignore the voice from her innermost.

"Where he is?"  Aom back to her seat and find Daniel was "missing".  She sat there and waits for him patiently.  A pleasing soft melody played from far behind her seat and move gradually to Aom.  Aom turns and see there are three men in tuxedo instrumental music with their violins.  And the three violinist were move to her and stand beside the table without looking at Aom.  "What happen with them?  An entertainment after dinner?"  Aom thoughts, but soon she relaxed herself and enjoying the music.  Without her notice, Daniel eventually appeared from the doorway with put on a nice black suit, a bunch of red roses and walks to her.  Aom raised her brows while she saw Daniel changed his suit, she stood up and winked a question at Daniel.

 

The restaurant's lights are turns off, with immediately a beam from a spotlight spot on Daniel and followed him around to Aom.  Daniel try hard to control his heart from not jump out from his chest.  Multi feelings filled inside his mind now, nervous, excited, worries, and with high expectation he really wish Aom can give him a "Yes, I do"  for what will happen next.  "I love her, and I really, really wish to turn her to be completely mine."

 

His eyes met up with Aom's eyes, a smile appeared on his face.  Daniel smiles and his face glowed with pleasure, he feels confident with this propose.  "Aom..."  His eyes sparked, and stayed resolutely at Aom.  Daniel face to Aom, knee down one leg and another leg bend and hold himself erect,  "Aom, my Princess, can I be yours, the last and the only one who grow old with you?  I'm ready, and I promised, I will spend my life to love you, take care you and be with you whenever you need me.  Will you marry me?"  Daniel said sincerity as he handed Aom the roses with both hands, and look for Aom's response.

 

Aom gathered her brows together.  She looks in a little bit shocked and struggle in speak something out.  She open but she was tongue-tied, there is no words come out after Daniel still knelt down in front and waiting for her answer.   "Oh god...why he proposed to me in public?  It was not a good idea yet so embarrassing, especially it make me feels like he was try forcing me to say a yes.  I dislike it, and hate people gave push and stress me in making decision."

 

"Can we talk it later, privately?"  Aom asked, with a tired sound.  She try to save Daniel's face, by not reject him in public.  However, Daniel didn't get her mean.  "Why?  Aom, I love you.. would you accept my proposal?  I'm waiting too long for today, the day you agree to be my life partner."  Daniel arose himself and took out the ring boxes from his pocket, then open it while his another hand held the bunch of roses.  "Aom, please believe in me, I will cherish you with my full heart."  Daniel's face became very grave and he gestured to asked the three violinist leave them now.  "Sorry, but currently I'm not in the mood discuss this topic with you, Daniel.  Send me home now, will you?"  Aom's face is starting to show impatient and darken.  "Ok, fine.  We will talk about it later."  Daniel able came out a smiles, still look steady and gentleman though he was rejected by Aom.

 

As they walked to where their car had parked at, Aom keep herself a little distance away from Daniel.  She was immersed in her own world again.  "I miss her...I have lot of things wanna talk to her, about Daniel, about the main entrance kisses..Does she take her dinner? Wonder what she doing now?"   Along the roadside, Daniel followed behind Aom silently.  His hands were put inside the side pockets as he walks, he left the roses at the dining table before they leave the restaurant.  "I know it.  My decision will only cloud the issue.  I was in a swamp now, and all my hopes centered on the issue, this is the only way I can get over this difficulties..."  No far from Daniel's car, as Daniel take out his car keys from pocket, he catch a glimpse of there's a grey van sped and passed him, and braked to a emergency stop at the roadside before reach to his car.  "Aom!!  Watch out!"  Daniel ran to Aom.  A bald man from the van savagely clutched at her hand and push Aom into the van but Daniel able stop it on time.  "!"  The bald man let off Aom's hand, and soon he back into the van.  "Our hunting game is begin now!"  The bald man shrieked and warned them before he bang the van door shut and leave.

 

"Aom, are you ok?  Did you get hurt?"  This incident make Aom shocked.  She was too afraid, don't know what had actual happened just now.  She is full of questions with her now, and later she only aware that she is so close to the dangerous if she was alone at that moment.  "Aom don't cry, you are safe now.."  Daniel wipe her tears with fingers and then hugging Aom.  "I'm fine.. Daniel.."  Aom still sobbing, but she feel better now.  So she struggle in Daniel's arms, and in embarrassment she push Daniel a little bit away from her.  "Aom.. are you sure you're fine?"  Daniel look worries at Aom, and Aom reply in nodding.

 

They drove straight to the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter