Epilogue

The Red Shifts

“My mom asked me today if I thought she needed to go see a psychiatrist.” Luhan plopped down on his bed.

“How did you respond?” Minseok asked, Luhan’s guitar in his hands, strumming it lightly.

“I told her I don’t see why. It is probably just menopause.”

“I can’t believe you said that!” Minseok put the guitar down, playfully slapping at Luhan. The younger man dodged the attack.

“Hey! I can’t tell her the truth!” Luhan protested. It had been two months since they had “returned”. In that time his mother had constantly questioned him about Minseok. Had Minseok always lived there? How long had they known each other? Why did she feel so weird?

“I think your Mom is taking it the hardest.” Minseok thought of the others. Kris and Tao’s parents were hardly ever home. They completely bought the story that Suho and Sehun had been their friends for a long time, apparently none too concerned about if the names had been mentioned before or if they had once questioned their children about it. No, it didn’t matter to them anymore, they took everything at face value; so wrapped up in their own lives they were happy as long as their children didn’t cause a disturbance.

Chanyeol had moved out from his parent’s house the day after they had returned, renting an apartment with Baekhyun. He didn’t bother introducing Baekhyun to his parents, not after what had happened before when they had put him in a mental hospital against his will. Minseok thought Chanyeol seemed happier now than when they had first met. He had also taken to calling Baekhyun his boyfriend, though Baekhyun preferred the term “Amazing guy you should worship”.

Yixing had no parents to worry about. Jongin had introduced his mother to Kyungsoo but used another name for his friend. Jongin’s mom was just so relieved he was free and no longer talking to that imaginary friend she could care less what new friends he had. That left Luhan’s mother as the parent that was having the hardest time dealing with the revelation.

“She will be okay, just give her time.” Luhan rested his head on his arms. “Minseok, I am bored.”

“Should we go see that new Choi Seung-hyun movie?” Minseok asked, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

“Don’t you dare mention him!” Luhan was the one to attack this time, launching himself at Minseok. The older man caught Luhan’s arms, wrestling him to the bed. Minseok was stronger than Luhan, pushing the man into the bed hard he climbed on top of him.

“Get off!” Luhan struggled.

“No.” Minseok laughed. “You are so weak.”

“No I am not!” Luhan pouted. He stopped struggling, staring up at Minseok.

Minseok couldn’t help it, not when he was faced with such an enticing prospect. His eyes trailed lower, to Luhan’s lips, forming an adorable pout. Suddenly Minseok felt a bit warm.

“Do you…um….” Luhan wanted to be brave. He had tried to be brave almost every day for the last two months, when he was lying in bed with Minseok next to him. He kept thinking of how best to broach the subject but he kept chickening out.

“I want to kiss you.” Minseok finished Luhan’s sentence.

“You should.” Luhan gulped, shutting his eyes he waited.

“Luhan?”

“Yeah?”

“Relax, it isn’t going to hurt.”

“Oh, sorry.” Luhan made an effort to relax his muscles, yet he didn’t dare open his eyes. He waited, puckering his lips.

Minseok laughed at Luhan’s antics.

“Are you not going to kiss me?”

“I will, just be quiet.”

Minseok inched forward slowly, closing his own eyes as he neared. He pressed his lips to Luhan’s softly.

“Open your mouth.” Luhan said, his words muffled with Minseok’s mouth on his own.

Minseok complied, Luhan opening his eyes suddenly. Minseok’s grip on Luhan’s wrists were loose, allowing Luhan to move one of his hands to the back of Minseok’s neck, the other around Minseok’s waist. With much effort he flipped them over until he was lying on top of Minseok.

“Hey!” Minseok protested the change in position.

“Shh. Just let me kiss you.” Luhan leaned in, Minseok parting his lips. It was the invitation Luhan needed. He slowly eased into the kiss, his tongue caressing Minseok’s. It felt so good to finally kiss Minseok properly. It felt so good. Minseok gripped Luhan’s waist, pulling him closer. Luhan tilted his head, finding a new angle, Minseok kissing him back. It was amazing…so amazing…

“Oh my word!”

Luhan jumped off of Minseok, shocked. His mother was standing in his open doorway, her hand over .

“I wanted to see what you guys wanted or dinner….Oh my!” Jong Ok retreated quickly, slamming the door behind her.

“Your poor mom.” Minseok tried not to laugh. Luhan couldn’t hold back, he burst into a fit of near hysterics.

“You definitely owe her a mother’s day present.” Minseok swatted at Luhan, no longer able to hold back his own laughter.

Luhan’s mom deserved an award. Or two.

---------------------------------------

a/n- And it ends *wipes tear*. I hope you liked the story. I feel like I neglected this fic part way through and for that I am sorry. It was an interesting time, writing science fiction. I learnt some things and hopefully I made everything pretty consistent.

A few clarifying points – Ryohei could turn back time, but his power was limited (he couldn’t go back thousands of years, for example, to save his planet). The guys lost their super powers when they returned to the past, however they retained their memories as Kang Joon used his time control powers on them. As in he could target so many people, bringing them with him. Doctor Park died, as Kang Joon stated (I left out the actual scene of his death because, well, I didn’t think it was necessary to write that part because in my mind it was quite grisly). Kang Joon was from 1897 -  at least that was the last time he was on earth. Ryohei and Doctor Park had kind of messed with the guy for a while, originally wanting him as a soldier in their intended war. It never worked because Kang Joon wasn’t stable mentally. Yet he ended up saving the world. *pats Kang Joon on the back*

I also promised you guys way back when and I never delivered *hangs head*. It just kind of never fit in with the story, sorry.

If anyone has any other questions please ask in the comments and I shall answer. I now this story could be complex at times with the sci-fi elements, so I am expecting there are probably some things I failed to explain (because I decided it worked like X in my head but had a major fail when I never explained it in the actual story).

Thank you to everyone who subscribed to this story, commented, waited patiently while I was a deadbeat writer, and upvoted. Thank you guys, I mean it. It was a wild ride (as I finished the story I was thinking to myself it should have been called “What a Long Strange Trip It’s Been). Much love <33333333333333333333333333333333 – London_Calling