Uh Oh

Love? Hate? Death.

Yoochun POV


I stared, stunned, as I saw my college junior run away with Jaejoong. MY Jaejoong.

I glanced at Yunho, who was staring at their disappearing forms nonchalantly. Was he mad...?

I couldn't tell.

'Yunho...? Are you worried over Jaejoong?'

Yunho shrugged casually, as he gave me a sideways glance. 'Do YOU trust him?'

I frowned. 'Well... At school he's pretty decent. Good grades, never gets in to fights, polite... So, I guess he's okay.'

'Well, then there's nothing to worry about. Jaejoong will be fine. In all honesty, it's actually Changmin's safety that I'm worried about.'

'Changmin? Why? It's not like Jaejoong could...' My sentence hung in the air as realization hit me.

'Oh...' I said aloud. 'Oh... Oh no.'

Beside me, Yunho nodded.

Oh no...


Changmin POV

We ran, laughing and giggling ourselves silly.

Man, was the look on Yoochun's face epic or what!

'Oppa.'

I looked down at the little kid I was holding hands with. Woah, seriously this kid was the cutest thing to walk this earth.

'Where are we going?'

'Eh? We're going to buy your cake of course!'

'Oh! Really? Yayy~!!'

I smirked as he started swinging our hands. 'So Jaejoong, how's Karam at school? Is he nice? Does he get in trouble a lot?' Lol. Call me the forever nosy older brother.

Jaejoong tilted his head cutely, deep in thought. 'Karam hyung is nice. But his pronunciation is horrible!'

I laughed aloud. 'He's not Korean, Jaejoong.'

Jaejoong blinked. 'Eh...? Really?'

I nodded. 'He's Japanese.'

Jaejoong made a little o with his mouth, nodding in understanding.

This kid was seriously so cute. I barely knew him, but I had already ran away with him. And he had followed.

Which was in actual fact kind of dangerous.

'Hey, Jaejoong.'

'Yeah?'

'You shouldn't just follow people you just met around, okay? Not many people are like Oppa, some might put you in danger!'

Jaejoong looked at me weirdly. Then he unexpectedly started giggling, covering his mouth with his hand modestly, his eyes forming half moons.

'Wae, Jaejoong?'

He shook his head, his fit of giggles dying down. 'Nothing, Oppa.'

I frowned, but left it at that.

We reached the cake shop, and Jaejoong ran inside, ignoring the long line as others waited to be seated.

A waiter turned to stop him, but I signalled, indicating that he was with me. I saw uncertainty cross the waiter's face, before he gave in and bowed deeply to me.

I sauntered past the line of customers waiting to be seated. Most had scowls on their faces and grumbled at our sudden intrusion of cutting the line.

I turned around to face them, a friendly smile on my face as I bowed and apologized. It seemed to appease them. Some looked shocked as they recognized my face, and bowed to me.

I smiled gently, and entered the cafe, eyes searching for Jaejoong.

There he was, at a table by the window, waving excitedly at me.

I smiled, shaking my head, as I slid into the seat in front of him.

A waiter handed us our menus. It took a while for Jaejoong to choose, and he finally decided on strawberry shortcake.

I ordered my standard blackforest cake, and the waiter disappeared soon after.

I looked up to Jaejoong, who was now staring out the window, looking at the falling snow. He had a faraway look in his eyes, his chin resting on his hand that was propped up on the table.

'Oppa,' he said, not looking at me, 'Do you believe in God?'

I stared at him curiously. 'I'm not sure. I've been through a lot in my life, so I guess my faith is questionable.'

'Oh...' Jaejoong answered.

We fell into silence, when our cakes suddenly came.

'Ooh... Cake, cake!' Jaejoong said, clapping his hands excitedly.

A slice was placed in front of Jaejoong, while a whole cake was placed in front of me.

I smiled seeing Jaejoong's reaction. That was how people usually reacted when they saw the extent of my appetite.

'Oppa is... Hungry?' he asked, tilting his head slightly.

I laughed. Only he could make a question be so cute. 'Not really. Oppa just has a big appetite.'

Jaejoong blinked, confusion in his eyes.

What, was he not used to profanities?

We started eating our cakes, me working down the food, while Jaejoong nibbled slowly.

I stared at Jaejoong as I ate, looking at the cute way he ate. Jaejoong didn't seem to notice me staring as he relished his slice of cake. He had a cute smile on his face as he played with a strawberry, stabbing it with the fork until it was reduced to a red mush.

'Hey, Jae.'

Jaejoong looked up, surprised. 'Can I call you that?'

He smiled as an answer, nodding his head. I smiled in return, the both of us returning to our cakes.

It wasn't long after when I noticed something wrong though.

Jaejoong's pace in eating suddenly faltered, and a weird expression had crossed his features. His fork which he had brought to his mouth dropped back on the plate.

'Jae? Are you okay?'

Jae looked up, startled. 'Huh? Oh. Fine. Jae Jae is fine.'

He brought the fork up again. I was about to resume eating when the fork suddenly dropped from his delicate fingers. The sound of the fork hitting the floor made me look up.

I sat up straighter when I saw what was happening to him.

He had broken out in a cold sweat, shivering uncontrollablely as he hugged himself around the waist. He began whimpering silently, as his forehead rested on the edge of the table.

I stood up, startled. 'Jaejoong? What's wrong?'

. If anything happened to him right now...

I slid in to the seat beside him, placing my hands on either side of his face to make him look up at me.

His skin was ice cold.

I stared into his eyes, which seemed to be filled with... Self restraint?

'Jae? What's wrong? Tell Oppa.'

Jaejoong answered by whining, squeezing his eyes shut.

Oh man. I better bring him back to Yoochun.

What if he was allergic to something in the food?

I would die of guilt if anything bad happened to him.

'Come on, we have to get back to Yoochun hyung.' I started to get up, expecting him to stand as well.

He whined even louder. 'No! I'm fine! I'm fine!'

'Jae, you are obviously not fine. We have to get back to them. I don't know what to do if anything bad happens to you!'

Jae shook his head, adamant. 'Its nothing. Its nothing. I'm fine. I'm fine, Oppa. I'm fine.'

I tsked. Didn't he understand the term safety comes first?

'Jae don't be silly. We really need to get out of here and attend to you!'

'No!' he whined loudly, shaking his head. 'No no no!'

I tsked again, irritated at his stubbornness. 'Like it or not, we're going!' I roughly pulled at his arm, asking him to get up and walk.

He whined loudly again, but this time in pain. 'Ah!' he gasped, 'Apa! Apa!'

He started pulling against my hand, asking to be released as tears fell down his cheeks.

I immediately sat back down, collecting him in my arms. 'Oh God, I'm sorry, Jae. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. Oppa's so sorry.'

The boy sobbed softly, his head against my chest as I rested my cheek on his head and continuously his hair, muttering apologies. After some time, I brought his head up to look him in the eye. He had a massive frown on as tears continued falling from his face. He sniffled every now and then as I used my thumbs to wipe the tears away.

'Hey hey...' I cooed, 'Don't cry... Please don't cry. I'm sorry... I'm so sorry.'

That look crossed his eyes again, and he scrunched his face up in apparent pain, folding in on himself, holding his head tightly in his hands, pulling at his hair. He was still breaking out in a cold sweat and seemed so restless, constantly whining.

'Jae, what's wrong? Tell Oppa what's wrong.'

Jae shook his head, not even looking up. Well. I couldn't really force him could I?

I wrapped him tighter in my arms, trying to transfer my warmth to him, as I whispered words of comfort, his hair continuously. 'Calm down. I'm here. Oppa's right here.'

I don't know how long I held him, but he seemed to relax after some time, his tense muscles freeing themselves of tension.

He suddenly looked up at me, eyes twinkling, a far cry from how he was only a few minutes ago. 'It's gone.' He whispered to me, voice filled with awe.

I smiled back at him as I brushed the sweaty bangs off his face. I had no idea what he was talking about.
'It's gone!' he repeated, louder, eyes now looking at me with admiration. 'Oppa, it's gone!'

'Good,' I said, hugging him tighter, glad he was fine.

I still had no idea what he was talking about.


Jaejoong POV

Waahh... Guess what? When I was eating the cake just now, I felt it come back.

I knew it was bad. I tried to ignore it, but it got progressively worse. It was up till the point that I couldn't think straight!

The urge to kill was back, and this time, Yunnie and Chunnie weren't here! I knew I'd get into deeper trouble if I killed again, so I tried to will it away. It didn't work though.

Changmin Oppa noticed something was wrong, and first wanted us to leave, but I didn't want to. I couldn't! I hadn't even finished my cake!! But Changmin Oppa was stubborn (like me) and started pulling at my arm, hurting the bruises I had hidden under the jacket. At first the pain was bearable enough to ignore, but as Oppa's insistancy grew, so did his strength.

He started pulling at my arm harder. I finally couldn't ignore the pain any longer and yelled in pain, my tears breaking through.

I don't mean to exaggerate, but it hurt a lot!

I secretly didn't want him to stop pulling at my arm though. The pain distracted me from the strong urge growing in my body!

But unfortunately, I couldn't control my bodily reactions to the painful pulling. Oppa stopped pulling and sat down beside me and hugged me.

I cried in frustration when I couldn't feel the pain anymore.

Oppa, I need the pain unless you wanted someone to die!

But Oppa only held me tighter, and he my hair and said comforting words.

And amazingly, the urge started dying away!!

Isn't that cool??

The only people who've succeeded in making the urge go away were the doctors and Yunnie.

Yunnie would hold me close, like Oppa did, and wait for the urge to pass, which was usually until I fell asleep.

The doctors would do it in a much more painful way, though, and I always fought to get away from them. It always ended with either me being knocked out and suffering livid bruises, or Yunho storming in to hug me and threaten to kill anyone who lay a finger on me.

The doctors figured out Yunho's way of calming me down though, and attempted to test out their theory that hugging me would calm me down. They tested it out on one of the young scientists.

Of course it didn't work. I ended up strangling that unlucky scientist to death.

As if I wanted a complete stranger touch me. I only wanted Yunnie. Yunnie and only Yunnie. No replacements.
That's what I thought. But Oppa managed to calm me down as well!

Intriguing...