Introducing...

Love? Hate? Death.

I heard a knock on the glass door. I didn't bother looking up. The door wasn't locked and I was reading.

I didn't hear the person enter either, which was like so fail of me, since I work as a spy and detection of enemies was one of the important qualities I had to possess. But... the book I was reading was fun... so I hope I don't get any minus points for that. 

What? Books are awesome okay?

"Hello Yoochun," said a dead, cold and emotionless voice. It made me smile. I knew that voice anywhere.

I put the book down and looked at him, my smile getting wider as he made his way towards me.

"YUNHO!!" I yelled in greeting, putting the book down. He waved as he came forward, something in his mouth.

I lifted my fist and hit it against his own raised one. Cute right? That's how we greet each other. God knows who started it, but we've been doing it for as long as I can remember. I moved to let him sit beside me. He took out his laptop and began typing with one hand, as his other hand held the food to his mouth. What was that he was eating? It looked like... dried worms...

I frowned, curious. "What's that?" I asked, pointing to the offending

"This?" he pointed at the packet of... something.

"Yeah."

"Breakfast."

I shook my head. "No no. What are you EATING?"

"Noodles," he explained curtly.

"Noodles?"

"Yes."

"No." I said.

"No?" he looked at me, one eyebrow raised

"Noodles are supposed to be those soggy thing that swim in their own... sauce or something like that. THAT" I said, pointing to the offending thing, "Is NOT a noodle."

Yunho stared at me, his head tilting slightly. I knew he was thinking whether it was worth his time to argue with me, but in the end, I guess he thought it wasn't.

"I forgot to boil it," he explained, turning back to his work on the laptop. Even though he was only typing with one hand, he typed so fast that the sound of his fingers hitting the keyboard actually sounded like teeth chattering.

I stayed silent for a while, losing interest in my book, and leaned against his shoulder to stare at what he was working on. Ah... It was a report on our last mission. Honestly it felt like reading a storybook. He was so precise in every detail and typed down everything his photographic mind could remember. 

And that, of course, was literally EVERYTHING.

Yunho ignored me for the first few minutes, still munching away at his breakfast. He knew what I wanted, and I knew he was just being mean for ignoring my needs.

"Yunho..." I whined, tugging insistently at his sleeves, "Pleeeeeeaaaase?"

Yunho sighed outloud, his pace on the keyboard never faltering. "Here," he said, handing me what was left of his breakfast.

"Yay~" I said in celebration. I took the Ramen (that's what it says on the packet) and was about to bite into it when I suddenly hesitated. What if I didn't like it? I frowned, and Yunho turned to me, sensing the change in my mood.

"What?" He said, slightly irritated.

"What if it doesn't taste good?" I wondered out loud.

Yunho frowned at my idiocracy. "Then give it back."

He made a move to take it away from me, but I pulled away from him in time. I rested on the other arm of the sofa, my legs cuddled up to my chest. "No," I pouted. "I wanna taste it."

Yunho looked at me, his face, as usual, totally unreadable. His eyes shot lasers at me as I grinned at him. I brought the rock-hard noodles to my lips. Again, I hesitated, before just deciding to have a small bite. I decided that if I didn't like it, I would just hand it back to Yunho.

I bit into it, chewing slowly as I felt Yunho still staring at me. It was crunchy, with an obvious taste of spices. I continued chewing, as the taste of the spices slowly mixed with the chewed noodles in my mouth.

I swallowed and stared back at him. I grinned cutely at him as he raised an eyebrow and turned back to his laptop to continue working. I knew he had already found the answer. I ate the noodles silently, finishing it in a matter of minutes.

"He's being released today," I said suddenly.

Yunho stopped typing so suddenly that the silence rang in my ears. "I know," he answered. I detected something in his voice.

It sounded like... Excitement? Happiness?

"Are you fetching him today?"

Yunho slammed his laptop shut suddenly. To any normal person, they would've taken it as a sign to shut the hell up. Fortunately, I was in no way a 'normal' person.

"Yes," he answered curtly.

I stayed quiet for a while, before I just couldn't help myself. "Are you excited?"

Yunho glanced at me irritably, before looking away. "Yes," he answered almost reluctantly.

Awww~ He's so cute you know? 

I couldn't help but grin like an idiot at his one word. Yunho had really changed a lot these past few years. Honestly, if it weren't for him, Yunho would be an emotionless statue right now. And emotionless statues bore me.

"What time is he discharged?" I asked.

"12:30pm."

"Can I come with you?"

"No," he answered immediately.

"Please?" I asked, making my voice drip with aegyo. I batted my eyelashes at him. I knew they were my secret weapon. Thank you God for making them insanely long.

Yunho looked at me for a moment. If looks could kill, I would probably be bleeding to death with multiple stab wounds. I grinned at him, unaffected by the look.

"Fine." He practically spat the word out. I didn't mind his tone. I was used to it. 

I knew he didn't really mean to be mean (lol that sounded weird). But Yunho was naturally like this. He was actually a pretty decent guy, once you got over the fact that his words were worse than his bite.

Oh wait a minute. Bark was worse than his bite.

"Thank you hyung~" I said, hugging him.

Although he was older than me by about three years, I have never actually called him hyung. Nobody calls anyone any honirific here at Nine. I think it was supposed to represnt that we were all equal or something like that.

Well, except for him, I guess. Out of all the agents here at Nine, he was the only one who had a relatively 'normal' childhood. For a second, I was jealous. Then it faded away.

I guess, I don't mind that much anymore. 

That boy is literally the life of NIne, bringing colour to the dullness of this place. Without him, Nine would probably be Hell. Already, when he wasn't here, the mood seemed to drop.

Yunho looked at me and I gave him my prettiest eye smile. 

He sighed, before looking away and patting my head.

See? I told you he's actually a really decent guy. He never stays mad for long. Well, that actually only applies to me and him, but still.

A nice guy in all, right?

I snuggled closer to him and then I noticed the shirt he was wearing.

I immediately sat up, a grin forming on my lips. He looked at me, his face blank.

"What?" he said, eyebrows knitting.

When I continued grinning, he tilted his head, still not getting it.

"Aww~ Yunho you're so cute..."

He frowned. "What do you mean?"

I pointed. "The shirt you're wearing."

"What of it?"

I sighed, Yunho could be so silly sometimes. "Come on Yunho. It's pretty obvious who you're wearing it for."

Yunho cocked his head to one side. "What I wear doesn't concern anyone."

I rolled my eyes at him. It wasn't my fault he was so fuc-- freaking-- difficult. But I knew the truth behind his facade.

He was excited for his return.

We were quiet for a while, with Yunho continuing his work and me reading my book.

At exactly 7:30am, a hum sounded.

Me and Yunho automatically brought our hands up to our ears, dropping what we were doing.

If you were there, you probably wouldn't have heard anything. You don't have our ultra sensitive ears. But just in case you were wondering, you would NOT be interested in hearing that hum.

It's a hum sounded at a crazy crazy crazy high pitch, the kind that makes your head feel like it's going to explode. And just so you know, it HURTS like mad. I'm not being attempting to be funny.

The hum in our ears increased in pitch in volume, further adding to our pain.

I felt like I was going to die.

You think experiencing this for the past ten years makes you used to it? THINK AGAIN MORON.

I fell to the floor, while Yunho curled up on the couch. My face was wet with my own tears, the pain unbearable.

Haha. You know what? This is Nine's idea of a school bell. This signifies the start of a new training/school/experiment day. Whatever it was called by this sick place.

As long as the agents, or more precisely, the 'Outposts' as we were sometimes called, were in the perimeter of this building, we couldn't escape THIS. FREAKING. SOUND

Just as suddenly as it started, it stopped.

But you know what? It's the ringing in our ears when the sound stops that really kills us. The sound of silence was the one that truly bought pain.

Yunho and I lost conciousness at the same time.

********************

I was rudely jolted awake by an electric shock on my arm. I sat up, and removed the pad attached to my arm. I knew that was where the shock came from.

Yunho woke up beside me, although not so violently.

You see, Yunho had a hard life. Pain was a normality in his life since he was a child. Now it almost never affected him. He sometimes never even REACTED when he was cut open, or given some freaking painful chemicals that left my cringing on the floor.

But don't have me mistaken. Yunho CAN feel pain, he just chooses not to react to it. The pain you and I feel he feels too.

We both got up and slid off the stiff leather benches.

An attendant met us at the door and took us away.

We didn't attempt to talk to her. Why bother? I hated this place and everyone in it. They were so cold. They saw us more as experiments than people.

Isn't this place sick?

Ten years ago, they didn't have this system of knocking you out whenever the day started. But they realised that many Outposts tried to escape. They tried to get away from this hell hole.

And who could blame them?

Yunho and I were led to the changing room, where I changed into sweatpants and tank top. Yunho wore the same as me. After changing, we were brought to a very large empty space. This was what passed as our field. Field in a building. The other outposts had already gathered there. Our ages varied, the youngest sixteen (him) and the eldest being Yunho. He was the first recruit. The one who suffered this hell the longest.

First thing on the Schedule of Hell: Running.

Not so bad, huh? Think again.

We had to run 10km in an hour. Crazy , but our bodies were used to it.

All of us lined up in one straight line, getting ready. There weren't really that many agents. Maybe about twenty or thirty?

I didn't talk to them. Don't bother because we're not allowed to talk during training.

A gun was fired, and we shot off.

None of us had actually failed in any of our tests, but we didn't want to know the punishment if we did.

We ended the 10km run almost at the same time, Yunho and me. We were the best in the batch, and we obviously finished first. Well Yunho won me by 0.438 seconds, but that was okay. I could stand losing to Yunho. The third kid, um.... crap I forgot his name. Oh wait wait. I think I got it. Jungsu? Junsu. Yeah, that's right. Junsu. Well he finished 0.328 seconds after me. It would've been scary losing to him. I've only ever accepted being second best, and that was only to Yunho

Truth was I had a tiny crush on Junsu. He was really cute, with teardrop eyes and pouty lips. But he never smiled and never said anything, even outside of training. So i guess statues really do put me off.

After running, we were given half an hour to bathe and rest. I stayed by Yunho's side the whole time. I didn't like being separated by him.

Second thing on our schedule: Limit Tests

This. I really hated this. It was exactly as it said. This was where we tasted our bodies to the freaking limit.

One by one, we were led into a room with a huge glass window. Some scientists sat on the otherside of that window. We couldn't see them, since the glass was one way.

Everyday they would increase their maximum point on our tests. Sometimes our bodies could take it. Sometimes some bones broke. Sometimes an Outpost would be critically wounded.

Look, let's say, I don't really wanna hang around on this difficult topic okay? In this freaking Limit Test, I've broken three different bones, tore four ligaments, and other wounds that I don't even want to remember. I lost count of the number of times I almost died as well. 

The Limit Tests consisted of Lung Capacity Tests, Mental Tests, Pain Capacity Tests, Bodily Limit Tests and Weaponry and Combat Tests. So basically they see how long you can hold your breath, how you can withstand mental and physical torture, and what your bodily limits are.

From there, we had different classes. Some of us had shooting, some of us had Obstacles Courses, some of us had martial arts. It depends.

Soon 11:30am came around.

I looked at Yunho. He was practically itching to go and get him. I couldn't blame him. I wanted out of this place too...

We were officially dismissed at 12noon. From there, we were free to do what we wanted. Most of the younger agents went to outside afternoon schools or college. 

Okay, so this place was deemed a hell hole for only four and a half a day, but that didn't stop it from being a hell hole nonetheless.

At exactly 11:37am, Yunho went to meet with the head.

He entered Kangta's office like a boss while I trailed behind him.

"I'm going out with Yoochun for a while," he announced.

Before the head could respond, Yunho had grabbed my hand and the two of us dashed out.

I smiled when we reached the outside world. 

The outside world was so.... beautiful. Colour, freedom and hope greeted me, as we made our way to Yunho's car. How perfect the things around me were, from the asphalt on my feet to the thick white clouds up above.

Some people had no idea of what they took for granted.

I slid into shotgun as Yunho took the driver's seat.

"You know where...?" I asked.

Yunho nodded, before pulling out of the carpark and driving off. The place was far. I know. I've been there many times already. Adding to heavy traffic, we arrived even later than usual.

We hit the place at around 12:43pm. Yunho kept glancing at his watch as he drove. He hated being late. He hated it.

And to make him wait for him, even a minute, was unacceptable.

We parked at the centre's open air carpark. Yunho practically flew out the door. I ran to catch up with him.

I looked up at the looming building, which looked more like a mansion than a centre for the mentally unwell, as we entered. It looked so creepy...

An asylum, no matter what you call it, will always be an asylum.

We entered through the door and were hit with the sudden rise in temperature. I took my coat off as Yunho strode towards the counter. The girl behind it backed away in fear as he came closer.

I sighed. This was the normal reaction when normal people saw Yunho. He may be drop dead gorgeous, but he had the expressions of a cold-blooded killer.

Which wasn't really far off.

Before he could chase her away, I interfered.

"Hello," I said, giving her my winning smile

She immediately calmed down and blushed slightly at my smile.

Having a pretty face helps, you know?

"We're here to pick up patient No. 20577E. I believe he's getting discharged today?"

The girl nodded shyly. "Yes. He's actually waiting for someone to pick him up right now. If you can just wait a little bit, I'll send someone to pick him up. You may proceed to the waiting room while someone fetches him."

I smiled at her. "Thank you."

I practically dragged Yunho to the waiting room. He sat on the couch, his arms and legs crossed. 

As always, looking like the epitome of cool.

I sat down beside him and we proceeded to wait.

Soon footsteps could be heard. I tilted my head as I listened more closely, putting my training to the test.

Unrhythmic footsteps. Wait. Two pairs. Two people walking. The gentle continuous clacking indicated heels, so a lady...? Trailing from behind, soft squeaks. Sneakers. The footsteps were a bit heavier than normal. Skipping, i thought, figuring it out. The second person was skipping.

I smiled as I heard them stop in front of the door. It was him

The door was slowly pushed open, and a little head peeked in.

I smiled even wider as I stood up.

"Yoochun hyung! Yunnie!" Han Jaejoong finally entered, with the lady behind him holding the door open for him.

"Jae Jae!!" I yelled in response.

I gave him a quick once over as he ran towards me. He was dressed in a simple black T-shirt, blue jeans and red sneakers. His arms were ravaged, full of black, blue and red bruises and forced injection marks. His neck had deep painful half-healed scratched. His knuckles were bruised. His wrists were bound with bandages.

His smile got wider as he ran to me and hugged me. I hugged him back, lifting his feet off the ground and spinning him around.

"I missed you hyungie~!" He exclaimed. "Did hyungie miss me?"

I nodded, giving him a kiss on the forehead. "Of course I did! Though I know someone who misses you more..." I said, staring pointedly at Yunho

I was glad to see him, but I knew someone else who was itching to get a hold of him...

I carefully placed him down. He hugged me around my waist and leaned his chin against my chest as he looked up at me. It made his already large doe eyes look MASSIVE.

"Jae Jae, hyung needs to go talk with the doctor for a while, okay? You'll be a good boy and stay with Yunnie, alright?"

Jaejoong pouted and I almost melted on the spot. "Hyungie will stay here!" He demanded, stomping his foot.

I laughed. Now you see why I love him so much? He's just too cute for his own good

"Okay okay, Jae Jae," I said as I smoothed his hair down. "I'll call the doctor here okay?"

I looked at the lady standing at the door, who was looking at our reunion with a sparkle in her eyes.

"Um... Would it be too much to ask..." I started.

She shook her head as she raised her hand, cutting me off. "Of course not," she said, still smiling, "I'll be right back."

I smiled at her, bowing slightly in thanks.

With that she left, closing the door behind her.

I looked down at the boy still hugging me and lifted him up. Jae Jae wrapped his legs around my waist and arms around my neck. Despite being sixteen, Jae Jae was very small and very light.

In fact he was so light it sometimes scared me.

"Did you lose weight again?" His weight felt different. By just carrying him, I could sense a difference.

Jaejoong stayed silent for a while thinking. Then he nodded.

"How much?" 

He lifted up three fingers, smiling sheepishly. 

I came and sat down on the couch next to Yunho, with Jaejoong still on my lap.

"You shouldn't be losing weight you know. Yunnie doesn't like it."

Jae Jae pouted, looking at his Yunnie.

"Yunnie~" he said, stretching over to go into Yunho's arms. Yunho sat him on his lap, while Jaejoong wrapped his arms around Yunho's neck.

"You're angry at me...?"

I saw Yunho's eyes twinkle. I grinned just watching.

"Of course I'm angry," he said, voice stern, "I'll have to force feed you just to enjoy your weight on my lap."

I almost rolled my eyes at how corny that sounded.

Jaejoong, however, giggled like a little girl, his legs swinging over the side. "In that case, I'll eat lots and lots and lots so Yunnie and Chunnie are happy."

I smiled and pinched his cheeks as Jae Jae leaned against Yunho's chest. Yunho slowly wrapped his arms around Jaejoong's waist.

"Hmm..." Jae Jae said, purring in content, as he snuggled deeper, "Yunnie's heart is racing so quickly..."

I could almost see the blush working it's way up Yunho's face, before it died down on it's own.

"Yunho must like Jae Jae a lot right?" I said, leaning in to whisper it not so quietly in Jae Jae's face.

Jaejoong's eyes lit up and he sat up straighter. "Really?" he asked me, "Yunnie likes Jae Jae lots and lots?"

I nodded, pseudo-serious expression on my face.

"Okay!" Jae Jae said, turning to look at Yunho, "Jae Jae likes Yunnie lots and lots too!"

I smiled as Yunho tilted the boy's head up to plant a soft kiss on Jaejoong's lips. Jae Jae's eyes lit up at the contact.

"Again again!" He demanded, legs swinging more wildly.

I smiled to myself as I looked away, Yunho heeding to his request.