Surprise Meeting

Love? Hate? Death.

Yoochun POV

 

I walked behind Yunho as we made our way back to the table. We had to get out of here soon, unless we were suspected or even linked to the man in the restroom.

We reached our table, and Yunho made way for me to slide in first. Jaejoong's eyes lit up when he saw us, but it disappeared when he saw the look in our eyes.

I was looking at with a frown, while Yunho still had the same cold, passive face he always had on.

'Jaejoong...' 

Jaejoong's face practically fell as he saw what was coming.

He slammed his head loudly on the table, whining, as Yunho and I continued staring at him.

'Jaejoong.' Yunho repeated, though his voice was more stern. 'Come here.'

Jaejoong reacted by placing both his hands over his ears, trying to block out our voices. 'Shiro.'

'Jaejoong.' I said, 'Listen to Yunho. Come here.'

Jaejoong shook his head, not even lifting it up to look at us.

'Han Jaejoong.' We both said at the same time.

Reluctantly, Jaejoong dropped his hands and brought his head up to look at us through thick bangs, his eyes already watery with the threat of tears. He had a cute pout on as he looked away from us when our eyes met.

I heard Yunho sigh beside me. He could never be angry with a face like that. I mean, who could?

'Jaejoong, come here.' He ordered, though his tone was much more softer than before.

Jaejoong got up, and came to our side of the table. He sat on Yunho's lap facing me, so that his legs were dangling of the side. His head was down as Yunho wrapped his arms around Jaejoong's waist, bringing him in closer.

'Jaejoong,' I started, 'How many times have I told you not to do that?'

'To do what...?' Jaejoong was staring at his fingers, which were twining and untwining on rhythm to his nervousness.

'To kill people as and when you wish!'

Jaejoong stayed quiet, his hands dropping to the side. I saw tears running down his pretty face and I sighed.

Now look what you've done, Yoochun... 

'That man... Didn't do anything wrong. He wasn't dead when we came to check on him, but I had to kill him, in case he saw your face and remembered it. If he had lived, he might have reported you, and we would've been in trouble. You know our identities have to remain unknown, Jaejoong.' Yunho scolded.

'And you leaving behind dead bodies would make that pretty difficult,' I added, in an attempt to lighten the mood. 

Yunho looked at me like as if I had said the wrong thing.

'What?' I mouthed at him.

He rolled his eyes at me, looking back to Jaejoong.

'Jaejoong, just don't do that again, okay?' He said.

Jaejoong nodded. 'Mm.' He answered.

There was a silence as Yunho brought Jaejoong closer towards him, wrapping the boy in a hug, as Jaejoong wrapped his arms around Yunho's neck, snuggling against his chest.

'So... What has Jae Jae learned from this?' I asked after the silence started growing in length.

Jaejoong unwrapped himself from Yunho's arms and looked at me, tilting his head.

'Um... Jae Jae will not leave dead bodies lying around anymore...?'

I groaned and face-palmed myself, as Yunho sighed.

This was a regular occurrence.

No matter how times we explained it to him, Jaejoong was just unable to comprehend why killing people was wrong.

It was one of the way his mind worked.

He knew and understood that people died on a daily basis, so what did it matter if he added somemore to the list?

'No...' I answered, 'Jae Jae will take his medicine on time from now on to control his urges from now on. Understand me?'

Jaejoong nodded, a pout still on his lips.

I smiled as I wiped away his tearstains. 'Good.' I said.

We exited the ice cream parlour soon after.

As we walked towards the car, I started a conversation.

'So Jae Jae, what do you want as a present from me?'

Jaejoong looked up at me, eyes shining. 'A present?'

I nodded. 'Anything you want?'

'Anything...?'

'Sure. Birthday boy gets whatever he wants.'

Jaejoong grinned, falling silent as he thought.

Yunho started swinging his hand that was holding onto Jaejoong's, and Jaejoong looked up at him, smiling. This proved to further distract him.

'A phone!' he announced suddenly.

'A phone?'

'Mm. All my friends have cellphones except for me... So I want one too!'

I smiled as I ruffled his hair. 'Sure. A phone it is then.'

'What does Jae Jae want from Yunnie?' 

Jaejoong and I looked up, surprised Yunho had asked.

'Umm... Kiss?' Jaejoong answered, pointing to his lips.

'Jaejoong a kiss isn't considered as a present since you receive it everyday.'

'Eh...? But why? Its my birthday. I can ask for anything I want!' Jaejoong stomped his foot childishly. He had stopped walking and tugged on Yunho's hand which he was holding. 

I watched all this from a small distance away with amusement.

Yunho stayed quiet, considering. Then he very quickly leaned in to peck Jaejoong on the cheek.

He had straightened before Jaejoong could even react.

'Th-th-that wasn't a kiss!' Amusing, seeing Jaejoong so flustered.

'What was it then?'

'That was... That was... A PECK!'

I thought I saw Yunho smirk as he asked, 'What's the difference?'

'A kiss is like this!' Jaejoong yelled, before demonstrating to Yunho his definition of a kiss.

He jumped up on Yunho, wrapping his small body around Yunho, his legs on Yunho's hips and his arms around Yunho's neck, as he kissed Yunho on the lips.

Yunho reacted almost immediately, wrapping one arm around Jaejoong's waist to steady him, as he kissed Jaejoong back with controlled ferocity, his free hand in Jaejoong's hair.

I looked away. This stuff requires some privacy, you know?

I counted to ten in my head, and looked back to the lovesick couple. As expected, just in time to see Yunho part the kiss.

Jaejoong was panting, his face a shade of pink, as Yunho leaned his forehead against Jaejoong's.
Yunho pecked the tip of his nose as I heard him whisper, 'Happy birthday, Boojae.'

Haha. I heard it. Yunho's very private petname he called Jaejoong when the two of them were alone. Which didn't really happen much, since I was almost always with the two of them.

Jaejoong giggled cutely as he the tip of Yunho's nose in return. 'Thank you.' I heard him whisper.

He hopped off Yunho, as he came to me, holding my hand as he held Yunho's hand in his other.

We walked to the car like that, an idiot family.

'Chunnie hyung, can we buy the phone now?' Jaejoong asked when we began driving.

I was driving again, as Jaejoong sat shotgun beside me. Yunho sat alone behind us.

I looked behind me to see Yunho nod his head. 'Okay, sure. Which mall do you want to go to?'

Jaejoong kept quiet, yawning suddenly, as he shrugged his shoulders.

What, was he tired already?

'Don't care...' He replied as he rubbed his eyes.

'Mm. Chunnie hyung will bring you to the biggest mall in Seoul, okay?'

Jaejoong smiled in return, his eyes blinking sleepily.

Pretty soon, he was asleep, his head resting against the window.

'Do you still think we should go?' I asked Yunho.

Yunho looked up from his phone. 'Just drive there. If he doesn't wake up, then we go home.'

I nodded my head, continuing to drive.

We fell into silence, as Yunho stared out the window, watching the falling snow.

We reached the place safely, as I parked in the underground carpark.

'Jaejoong? We're here. You still want to go out?'

Jaejoong's eyes fluttered open at the sound of my voice, as he looked around him, scanning the surroundings.
He yawned cutely and stretched. 'Lets go!' he said, eyes shining.

The minute we entered the mall however, he started running away from us, excitement fueling his mischief.

'Jaejoong don't run,' Yunho called.

The boy looked behind him, sticking out his tongue at us cheekily.

I tsked and shook my head, a smile playing on my lips. I really was in no mood to chase after him.

'Yah, Jae Jae, the least you can do is look in front of you when you're running so you won't crash into anyone.'

As if my words brought a jinx, he did just that.

Changmin POV 


I was at the mall, just standing there really, since I really had no business to be here. In truth I was just bored, so I decided to go out alone.

I was about to go walking, when someone crashed into me from behind with a small 'eek!'. The force was strong enough to make me stumble forward a couple of steps.

I looked behind me, slightly alarmed. My bodyguards a distance away made a move, but I signalled them to stop. I didn't want their presence to be known unless extremely necessary.

They faltered, and went on their business, pretending to not know me and be ordinary people again. I knew they were watching my every move again, but I did my best to ignore them.

I looked down to see a little girl about fifteen on her on the floor, a scowl on her lips.

I knelt to be on the same eye level as her.

I was struck by how pretty she was, with large does eyes, bow shaped lips and a pixie cut with bangs that desperately needed a trim if she wanted to see properly. The only things that were wrong with the picture was that she was wearing guy clothes.

A tomboy? What a waste. Someone this pretty should be wearing a dress.

'Owie~' she whined, rubbing a hand on her chin. She must have crashed into me pretty hard and hit her chin.

'Hey, you okay...?' I asked with real concern.

She looked up at me, her scowl turning into a cute pout, as she nodded. 

'Does it hurt? Oppa's so sorry...' I said.

She blinked at me, confused. 'Jae Jae isn't a girl... Jae Jae is a boy!'

It was my turn to blink in confusion. A boy...?

'Oh! I'm so sorry! Its just that you were so pretty I thought you were a girl!'

She -oh right. HE- grinned, showing pearly white teeth. 'Its okay. Since I don't know your name, I'll just call you Oppa!'

I laughed. Cute. A bit weird, but cute. 'It's Changmin.'

'Changmin? Karam hyung's hyung?'

I blinked, surprised and a bit taken aback. 'How'd you know?'

'Jae Jae is in the same class is Karam hyung!'

'Ah... I see. So you're seventeen?' 

Quite small, for a boy of seventeen.

He shook his head cutely. 'Ani~ Jae Jae is just extremely clever, so he skipped a grade.'

I smiled. So cute...

' Alright, but why are you alone here anyway? Its dangerous for someone your age with your face to hang out alone.'

As if on cue, I heard someone shout from behind him.

'Yah! Jaejoong! Didn't I tell you not to run? When are you going to listen?'

The both of us looked in the direction of the voice to see two men coming our way. One had an irritated look on his face, and the other just looked... Dead. Passive.

Oh! The former looked familiar!

I helped Jaejoong get up and he hid behind me, as if unwilling to face their wrath. 

The guy that looked familiar came towards us, hands on his hips, as he looked at Jaejoong.

'Chunnie... Don't be mad...' Jaejoong whined from behind me, a hand on my elbow as he peeked at him.

He was being fairly friendly for someone he just met seconds ago.

Then again, it wasn't like I minded...

Eh... Chunnie...? 

Yoochun?

'Yoochun sshi?' I said tentatively, looking at him.

The guy looked at me, surprised. He bowed slightly at me, being formal. 'Umm... Yes. Sorry Jaejoong crashed into you just now.'

I bowed back out of habit. The guy beside him didn't move.

'Umm... Don't you know me?' I said.

Yoochun looked at me, studying my face, before recognition lit his eyes. ''Oh! Changmin?'

I grinned in return.

The guy beside Yoochun finally looked at me properly, studying me, which kinda unnerved me a bit.

'You know him, Yoochun?' The guy beside him said, tilting his head slightly, his eyes still on me.

I don't know why, but this guy just seemed... Wrong somehow.

I know it didn't seem right, but that was really the only way to express him. It was like, he had a lot of secrets.
Ah what the heck. I barely knew this guy and I was already making weird assumptions? Stop it Changmin, I scolded myself.

'Mm. He goes to the same college as me.'

'His brother is my classmate.' Jaejoong added from behind me.

'Changmin, this is Yunho, Yunho, this is Changmin. Okay introduction done. And Jaejoong stop doing that. Its rude. Have you apologized to Changmin hyung yet?'

I looked just in time to see Jaejoong shake his head cutely, a pout reforming on his lips.

'Umm... Sorry Oppa, for crashing into you...' He said, looking up to me.

I saw Yoochun raise his eyebrow at the term. 'Mistook him for a girl, huh?'

'Apparently, I'm not the first,' I answered, a smirk playing on my lips. 'Your brother?' I asked, tilting my head towards the boy behind me.

Yoochun shook his head. 'Nah... More like permanent baby sitter.'

I shook my head in mock disapproval. 'Tsk, tsk. I knew you were into boy toys, hyung, but never this young...'

'Yah! I told you, I'm his baby-sitter!'

'No you're not.' Jaejoong answered from behind me.

'Lol, caught in the act, hyung?'

I thought I saw Yunho smirk at my words. 

He looked nicer when he smiled.

'So... I suppose you're gonna tell me the guy beside you is NOT your newest lover? That's like, what, the third this year?'

Yunho's hand shot up to cover his mouth as he looked away, shoulders shaking slightly.

Hah! This guy wasn't so bad after all.

Yoochun scowled, looking indignant. 'He's my friend. So is Jaejoong.'

It sounded like the lamest and most pathetic excuse, but I believed him. I laughed gently. 'Whatever.'

'What are you doing here anyway?' Yoochun asked.

'Hmm... Nothing. Just walking around.' I shrugged. 'You?'

'We're here to buy Jae Jae's present!' Jaejoong answered.

'Oh! It's your birthday?'

Jaejoong nodded enthusiastically. 'Mm! Jae Jae turns sixteen today!'

'Oh... I see... Have you had your cake yet?'

Jaejoong's smile faltered. 'Cake...?'

'DON'T TELL ME YOU HAVEN'T HAD YOUR CAKE YET.'

Jaejoong shook his head, a slight smile on his face. 'Ani...?'

I bet I looked horrified. I turned to glare at Yoochun and Yunho. 'How could you deprive him of something so important...' I said accusingly, my eyes narrowing.

I grabbed Jaejoong's hand, holding it with mine. 'Jaejoong, we're gonna buy your birthday cake right now.' Before the two of them could react, I ran, pulling Jaejoong along with me, who followed with bright and amused eyes.

'I'll bring him back in an hour!' I yelled as I looked behind me. Yoochun had a surprised expression frozen on his face as he looked at us running away. Yunho looked like he had completely expected it, his face showing no emotion.

Jaejoong looked behind him as well. Unexpectedly, he waved at them, a grin on his lips as he ran to match my pace. 'Bye~!!' he yelled.