Repercussions

Love? Hate? Death.

 


 

 

Yoochun POV

 

I could hear yelling from downstairs, making me wince in surprise. As a general rule, Yunho and I don't yell in the house. The condensed noise aggravates Jae's temper. Knowing something was up, I swiftly wrapped the bandage around Karam's injured shoulder, and retrieved the wet towel from his burning forehead to make my way downstairs. I wasn't really worried about Karam escaping while I was gone; his fever was going to make him bedridden for a while.

Searching the house, I quickly detected Yunho and Jae in the kitchen, Jae's arms wrapped loosely around Yunho's waist. It didn't look like they had been yelling, with Yunho cupping Jae's face in his hands as he spoke softly to our youngest.

"What's going on?" I asked.

The both of them looked up at the sound of my voice. Jae ran to jump into my arms. I caught him swiftly, having no trouble regaining my balance as Jae's legs wrapped around my waist. As his arms constricted around my neck, I felt a cold metal touch the nape, and only then did I realize that he had a gun in his hands.

"Oh Chunnie hyung, it was awwwful!" Jaejoong whined, stressing the first syllable of the last word just to show how awful it had been. "It --"

"Tom & Jerry," Yunho suddenly interrupted.

My attention was diverted to him, as Jaejoong reacted jovially at the mention of his favourite cartoon.

"Tom & Jerry?"

"Yes," Yunho answered, jutting his chin slightly in the direction of the living room.

"Yaaaay~!" Jaejoong cheered, as he slid off me, escaping to the living room.

I watched as Jaejoong ran off, before turning to look at Yunho. Knowing Yunho, he had probably done that on purpose so Jaejoong wouldn't hear our oncoming conversation. It was one of the ways that he was sweet to Jaejoong, if you get what I mean.

"Something you need to tell me?"

Yunho leaned against the kitchen counter, his arms crossed across his chest as he stared into a distance.

"I saved them," he said, implying to Karam and Changmin.

I nodded. Of course I already knew that.

"I know," I answered. "And that's bothering you?"

Yunho nodded in turn this time. He was still distracted, thinking, undoubtedly, about the repercussions of his decision.

"Should I kill them?" I asked. I knew the answer that would come, which was why I was so brave to ask in the frst place. Yunho wouldn't kill them. At least not Changmin. I knew he was keeping to his promise to keep Changmin safe, alive, though that promise didn't really constitute around Karam. But Karam was someone important to Changmin, just like Jaejoong was to Yunho, so I hoped that at least meant Yunho would keep him alive for longer.

As I predicted, Yunho shook his head. "No," he answered. "Don't."

I was silent for a while, trying to figure out what the main problem was. Yunho was never one to regret his decisions. He had this instinct that what he chose, what he decided, was always the right one, which was what made him such a great leader. I knew he had placed the struggle of being a professional killer or a friend at the back of his mind. It was no longer important to him anymore. So what was it?

"Kangta," he said aloud, almost as if he had read my thoughts. "He will find out that we failed. I can't hide the two of them forever."

Ah... I put two and two together, the light bulb going off above my head.

"So that was what all the yelling was about."

Yunho nodded. "Junsu disagreed with my decision, which lead to the fight. When Kangta knows we failed, it'll be a blow."

I knew he meant blow in a quite literal sense. We were going to get the beating of our lives when Kangta finds out about this. That and the fact that our reputation as the best Outposts was going to be severely marred when this leaked out.

"So where is Junsu now?"

"He left," Yunho answered.

I frowned. The emotional type, Junsu must've been. But now that the topic of receiving punishment from Kangta was raised, I did feel an ounce of fear growing in my chest. Kangta has the ability of giving you things you will never forget. I shuddered internally at the memory of it.

"So what do we propose we do?"

"Keep this under wraps for the time being," he answered immediately, almost as if he had already thought it through.

"And after that time frame passes?"

Yunho shrugged, an unusually casual and careless action for him. "I'll deal with that when the time comes."

I frowned again. He was going to take the blame for us, as he always did.

"You're willing to risk your life for Changmin and his younger brother?"

Yunho was silenced at my question. I knew he had been caught off guard with it, but I really wanted to ask. Was this the Yunho I knew, slowly growing a sense of compassion for others?

"You've only known Changmin for a few days, and his younger brother is almost a stranger to you. You're willing to risk yourself to help them?"

For a moment, I thought I saw a fleeting emotion pass through Yunho's eyes, before it disappeared, and it was back to its usual hard set stare.

"I know what I'm doing," he answered.

I mentally backed off. I knew I had pushed him a bit too far.

"Alright," I said, keeping my tone casual, as I took a step back to leave, before I stopped. No doubt this was a major decision for Yunho, as well as it being the ultimate sacrifice. He may not have been showing it, but Yunho cared for Changmin, and that was a step enough. "If it's any difference, thank you for sparing their lives. Changmin is a friend of mine, although we're not really that close, and Karam is Jaejoong's classmate. The fact that you spared them doesn't imply weakness, it signifies compassion and dignity, something very commendable. So thank you, Yunho."

At my words, I saw Yunho relax slightly, his tense jaw slacking and the far away look in his eyes once more.

I just couldn't help but smile at this.

Perhaps the thought of Kangta could wait. What was now was what was important.

 

Changmin POV

 

I woke up from a sleep I had no idea I had fallen into, drenched with sweat. I didn't know what had woken me, but it must've been another nightmare. The artificially chilled air of the room made me shudder. I was thankful I couldn't remember.

I sat up, my arm throbbing. The realization that I was still here, still alive never left me. I knew how close I had come to dying, to being killed. And with that knowledge came an anger that made bile rise up in my throat.

My home had been infiltrated, broken into. I had been attacked by people I knew, people I thought I could trust, people I thought were friends. They had attacked me, my brother. They had even killed my guard, who had been a close friend of mine, right in front of my eyes. They had kidnapped Karam and I, bringing us here, to God knows where. I thought I knew them. I thought that maybe because they had gone through a rough time in their past, that maybe I could connect with them.

Hell I had even *saved* Jaejoong when he had collapsed the day before.

I was wrong.

Stupid of me to be so trusting.

I got up, ignoring the biting pain on my arm. Yunho had wrapped it pretty tightly with bandages, and that disgusted me for some reason. That Yunho, the one I thought I could warm up to, the one I thought I could connect with because of our similar past, the one who had broken into my house, attacked my guards, had tried to heal me. He had betrayed me at the highest degree of betrayal possible, and now he was trying to fix me?

Ignoring the pain, I tore the bandage off my arm, stretching the stitches and reopening my wound. The blood was quick to wet my arm and drip to the floor, but the pain was something far from my mind. Instead what clouded it over was just anger. Anger, hate and hurt.

I headed for the door, gripping the doorknob, only to realize it was locked. I rattled it for a few moments, my anger blooming once again. I kicked furiously at the door a few times, but it didn't budge. It must've been reinforced.

I made my way to the window at the side of the bed, peering outside, only to realise that the windows were nailed in to the ledge, preventing them from even budging an inch. I couldn't even open the window for ventilation, let alone an escape. I knocked at the glass, searching for any weak points. From the dull thud it produced, the window was probably around two inches thick. And bulletproof, no less.

Damn it! I was locked in. I flopped down on the bed and let out a frustrated yell. The pain in my arm was starting to intensify. What luck all this was.

It wasn't like I was going anywhere. Even if I tried to escape, where could I go? I was injured, and they seemed to be good at whatever it was they did. I was stuck in this house, whether I liked it or not.

I stayed in that position, feeling quite sorry for myself, before the sound of the door unlocking made me look up just in time to see Yunho enter, a tray of food in his hands. I hadn't even touched the previous tray of food he had brought me. Like hell I was going to consume anything he gave me. It was probably poisoned for all I knew.

I slowly sat up, staring at him with all the intensity my evil eyes could produce. Yunho hyung came forward, seemingly unaffected by my gaze.

"You didn't eat," he said, as he placed the tray next to the untouched one by the bed. I scoffed.

"Why would I even touch anything you give me?" I said, making my tone as biting as possible.

Yunho's eyes grazed me, and for some reason I could see a certain calm in them, a certain sympathy in them that riled me up even further.

"What?" I spat.

His eyes landed on my arm, which must have been bleeding pretty heavily because I could still feel the blood dripping off it. He wordlessly reached forward and placed a hand on it, making me retract my arm immediately.

"Don't touch me!" I practically screamed, "Don't ing touch me!"

He straightened, looking me in the eye fearlessly. "Why did you take off the bandage? Do you want to bleed to death?"

"Yes," I seethed, "I'd choose death than stay a moment longer in your presence."

Yunho seemed wholly unaffected by my words nor actions, as he asked, "So you'd rather die and leave your brother here than heal to full extent so you can be with him once more."

My ears perked up at the mention of my brother, at the mention of Karam.

"Karam," I said, my mind immediately going back to what happened a few hours back. Remembering seeing my younger brother wounded, bleeding and barely even alive because of a bullet one of them had let loose, I felt my temper rise again. "If you even *think* of hurting him, I swear..."

My anger clouded me over, making me tense, and letting more blood flow out through my wound.

"We won't hurt him," Yunho answered nonchalantly, as if it hadn't even crossed his mind to do so. "Not unless necessary."

I had no idea what his definition of 'necessary' was, but the thought of it made me panic, made me angrier than ever before.

"Take me to him," I ordered, even though I was aware that I was in no position to do so. "Take me to my brother."

"Your brother Karam is asleep. He needs to rest from his fever as well as the gunshot wound. Having you around won't help."

"I don't CARE!" I practically screamed. "He's MY brother and I want to see him NOW!"

My outburst was making me bleed even more and I was starting to get woozy.

"Yunnie, what's wrong?" I looked up at the sound of the voice, only to see Jaejoong peering in, his eyes wide with curiosity. He scampered into the room to wrap his arms around Yunho's waist as he peered at me. I felt disgusted, as to how he acted like he was so used to all this, as if it was all a normalcy to him; blood, danger, murder. I remembered the killing machine he was, driving a dagger into Junjin's chest, killing him in the process. And now he was all sweet and innocent in front of me.

"Where's my brother?" I seethed through gritted teeth. I was getting light headed from the yelling.

"Karam hyung? Oh, he's asleep in the next room." He had said it in such a carefree manner, almost as if the whereabouts of my brother meant near to nothing to him. Which it probably did. "Would you like to see him?"

At this, Yunho looked down to Jaejoong. "Changmin needs his rest, Jaejoong. And Karam as well. He is asleep."

Jaejoong shook his head. "It'll be okay, Yunnie. Changmin Oppa needs Karam hyung, and vice versa. They need to be together, much like you and me. It'll be okay."

I could see the understanding cross Yunho's eyes. It was unbelievable how he listened so easily to Jaejoong.

"Alright," Yunho said. "But on one condition."

I tensed myself up, expecting the worst.

"Changmin gets his arm patched up again."

 

I was brought to the room Karam was in. It turned out that it was exactly next to mine. As Yunho opened the door for me, I could see Yoochun hyung standing by the bed, looking down at Karam, who was asleep. I panicked. What was he doing? Did he hurt him?

I froze at the doorway. I wasn't sure what was holding me back, but I only realized I had stopped moving when Jaejoong slipped past me to stand by Yoochun and hold his hand. Yoochun looked up at the presence, before our eyes met, and he smiled softly at me.

For a moment, I saw the senior I knew from school. Han Yoochun, who was quiet, always smiling, always willing to lend a helping hand and who was always absent from class, and yet still managed to pass each assignment with flying colours. I saw the student who was always silent, yet never alone, who was always teased, yet never bullied, who always smiled, yet barely laughed.

I could barely believe that the Yoochun from school and the Yoochun standing in front of me now were the same person.

"It's okay," he said, his deep baritone voice a comforting tone, "He's just asleep."

I felt a hand rest on the small of my back and I winced at Yunho's touch, before I moved forward.

Karam was as pale as the moon when I came to the bedside. His breathing was shallow but even. I was glad he was alive, but I was beginning to get light headed again. Before I could stop myself, my knees gave way. I collapsed, only to be caught by strong, lean arms.

"Anemic," I heard, as the world spun and twirled like a kaleidoscope. How did they guess? I thought. I out.

 

Yunho POV

 

I stayed close by Changmin, yet far enough for him to not feel bothered by the proximity. I had noticed his increasingly pale complexion and had a feeling something wasn't going to turn out right.

Just as I predicted, Changmin swayed where he stood. Yoochun reacted, but I was faster. He fell right into my arms, totally unconscious.

"Anemic," Yoochun deduced. Blood was still dripping off Changmin's arm, wetting my shirt.

"He also hasn't been eating," I added, as Changmin lay limp in my arms. "The lack of nutrition made it worse. Get the First Aid kit."

Yoochun nodded as he exited the room. Jaejoong came to me, peering behind my back to look at Changmin.

"Is he going to be okay?"

"Yes. It's just some blood loss," I explained curtly. I slowly slid to the floor, Changmin resting against my chest as I examined his wound once more. It had torn open, digging through the stitches I had initially placed. For someone unused to pain, Changmin had a lot of grit to act like he was.

"Oh," Jaejoong answered, "Was Oppa angry?"

"Why would he be?" I asked in turn, as I looked at him.

"He was yelling. I don't like yelling," Jaejoong explained as he rested his head against my side.

"I guess he was."

I could understand Changmin's anger at us, and yet I didn't really seem to care. Changmin was safe, for the time being, and that was all that mattered.

Yoochun came back a few moments later, bringing the kit, and set to work. Changmin had made a mess of his wound. The muscle had torn and would get infected if left untreated. I let Yoochun work on it. Although we were equally trained in First Aid, Yoochun flourished in medical treatment. He could feel through other's pain, tell exactly what was wrong, and for some reason, with his hands, wounds healed a lot faster.

As soon as Yoochun was done, I carefully slung Changmin's good arm over my shoulder and hoisted him up, before I swept my free arm behind his knees, holding him to my chest.

"We should put Oppa with Karam hyung. They're happier when they're together," Jaejoong suggested.

As much as I was tempted to follow along, I shook my head. "We can't. That would be too much of a risk. It's better to keep them separated so they won't try to escape."

Jaejoong nodded in understanding, his mouth shaped in a tiny 'o'. I moved to another guestroom, since the previous one Changmin used was now drenched with his own blood. This was still next to Karam's room.

For some reason, I didn't like the idea of keeping them too far apart. I knew they drew  strength from each other, the two brothers, and keeping them so far apart would be akin to torture.

I left Changmin on the bed, locking the door behind me.

 

Yoochun POV

 

The three of us were seated around the dining table, having a very late lunch. I had cooked spaghetti bolognese and Jaejoong was being very pleased with himself as he smashed the meatballs into pieces with his fork.

"Look," he had said, holding up a smashed meatball as if it was a trophy, "It looks like a brain, doesn't it?"

"A smashed brain," I added, as he popped the thing into his mouth.

Jaejoong grinned at my agreement, sauce all over his face, which Yunho carefully wiped away with a napkin. I came to really enjoy these moments, when it truly felt like as if we were a family. A normal family, after a normal day of school and work, eating a normal dinner, instead of a band of assasins who were resting, holding a politician's sons hostage on the upper floor of their house.

Our phones rang suddenly, at the exact same time, with the exact same ringtone, holding the exact same message.

 

--blocked number--

Report in an hour's time.

 

That was all it said, and that was enough for my heart to pick up speed. We didn't need to have a caller ID to know who it was.

Kangta.

And he was calling for us.

 

The four of us had left immediately, leaving our dinner hanging as we got into the van that we knew was waiting for us outside. Once inside, people called the Fixers, men and women covered in white from head to toe, immediately inspected our bodies, checking for any defects, bruises or open wounds. We were given shots of some sort that made us unconscious almost immediately, before we were taken back to Nine.

In all honesty, I really had no idea why they did that. I was pretty sure they could start their inspection at Nine, and Yunho and I did have a license for almost any vehicle, land, sea or air, in almost any country so I was pretty sure we were competent enough to drive to Nine on our own, but *no*, they had to send people to fetch us as if we were kindergarteners whom had just finished school.

I woke up with an electric shock given to the crook of my elbow, knowing that I was in the Infirmary, lying on a bed with a hard enough mattress to leave bruises for those unfortunate enough to spend the night here. Jaejoong and Yunho were lying on separate beds on either side of me. Kangta was standing in front of us, hands behind his back.

As soon as the three of us sat up, he turned his back to us and started walking away. Having being disciplined by him many times over, we knew that we were expected to follow. I tore the patch off my arm, as well as the IV drip hanging. We were dressed in the clothes that we had come in, so that meant that none of us had sustained any serious injuries, which was a good thing.

But the IV drip meant that we weren't up to our fullest form, so that meant we had to be pumped with more drugs again. I sighed internally. We were like hipsters obsessed with weed. An unusual but accurate comparison.

Kangta lead us to a separate room, which was stark white and honestly quite blinding for my hypersensitive eyes. There were three heavy metal chairs there, bolted to the floor and placed a distance apart. We silently took our places and stood in front of them, although I knew we weren't allowed to sit. Not unless given the get go.

Just then Kangta turned to face us, his eyes a sharp and cold contrast to his otherwise warm-looking features.

"Sit," he said, his deep voice bouncing off the walls. I knew that was going to give Jaejoong a headache if exposed to for an extended period of time, so I had hoped that this signified that the meeting wasn't going to last that long.

At the exact same moment we sat down, restrainers popped out of nowhere, holding us to our chairs at the wrists, crooks of our elbow, knees, waists and ankles. From the corner of my eye, I saw Jaejoong twitch, holding back a panic that he tried not to show. Yunho didn't react, though I saw his eyes dart momentarily in Jaejoong's direction in concern.

"Report," Kangta ordered.

There was a short silence, before Yunho answered.

"Mission was a success."

There was a short pause, when Yunho suddenly gasped and closed his eyes, leaning forward into the chair. His hands formed fists, gripping tightly to the armrests.  I panicked, but tried to hide it.

"Yunho...?" Jaejoong asked, his voice dripping with concern.

This was bad. They knew something was up, and they were going to get it out of us no matter what.

Yunho suddenly exhaled, opening his eyes and looked up, straight into the eyes of Kangta.

"I don't know what that for, but as I said, the mission was a success. The subject has been exterminated."

Kangta stayed silent, but Jaejoong flinched in turn. He suddenly let out a high pitched scream, leaning forward. Yunho and I immediately turned to look at him. Jaejoong was a borderline masochist. He loved inflicting pain, not only to others, but also to himself, but I was still concerned.

Whatever it was that was inflicting pain, it suddenly stopped, as Jaejoong suddenly gasped and sat up, bubbles of magical laughter bursting from his throat.

Kangta suddenly lifted his hand, and the wall behind him lit up to become a gigantic floor to ceiling screen. Flashing images stolen from CCTV security cameras showed the aftermath of our mission. They were mere bursts, but it was enough for us to catch.

 

Dead bodies, blood, trashed rooms, used bullets. It all flashed in a span of seconds.

"Our agents were sent to retrieve the bodies and clean the aftermath of the mission," started Kangta. "There were bodies of the guards, as well as the maids and workers. One thing that was missing however, were the bodies of the sons of Shim Siwon. They were nowhere to be found."

Kangta's eyes gazed threateningly into our own. "Where are they?"

I gulped, unable to look away from his gaze.

"We disposed of the bodies," Yunho answered, the lie leaving his tongue as smoothly as the truth.

"Where?" Kangta asked in turn.

"In the truck we left in."

Yunho suddenly gasped aloud, folding into himself as his eyes closed and hands tightened around the armrests once more. But this time, along with the pain, came a loud humming noise, almost to hint that the degree of pain inflicted had been turned up a notch.

"We checked the truck," Kangta said casually over the hum,  "There was only the dead bodies of the driver and guards."

I took one look at Yunho and couldn't take it anymore.

"It's my fault," I said, making the hum stop and Yunho gasp. There was sweat dripping down his face and he was panting, but he looked up to me with eyes that screamed 'don't do it'. Kangta turned to look at me in surprise.

"What is?"

I took one last glance at Yunho, asking him to trust me with my eyes.

"We didn't kill the sons," Kangta's eyes widened in surprise, but from the lack of pain I was feeling right now, I knew he was asking me to continue. "Or rather, I didn't. I got them where I wanted, I had them cornered, and had my gun ready. But... I couldn't kill them."

"And why is that?"

I gulped. It was now or never.

"He was my friend. My junior from college."

And then I felt the most amazing pain course through me. Despite all the different variations of torture I had endured, this was something new. It was on an entire  level of its own.

I screamed from the pain. It felt like an electric shock, though instead of the sensation felt from the volts, this felt like I was being burned alive. The pain coursed through my body, leaving no part unharmed. Even my toes felt like they were on fire.

I heard Jaejoong scream as well, although I doubted it was from pain he was feeling, rather from fear and panic at seeing me react that way.

"Chunnie hyung!" he yelled.

The pain went on for a long time. I wasn't entirely sure. Seconds could feel like hours with this kind of torture.

Finally, I heard Yunho yell, "Stop. Stop it!"

It was the first display of rebellion Yunho had shown in a long time, and maybe because of the shock Kangta felt at the sudden action, the pain coursing through my body stopped.

I felt completely winded. I fell forward, the restrainors holding me back. I felt extremely sick, seeing stars and I was near blacking out, when I suddenly gagged and vomited out my half finished dinner, leaning over the side of the chair. I could feel the tears flowing down my face, which I hadn't realised during the torture. It had been sometime since I had reacted so violently to pain.

I coughed a few more times, making sure my stomach was totally empty, before I leaned heavily against the chair.

"Ow," I managed to say, still panting loudly.

Kangta was still steadfastly staring at Yunho, challenging him to continue. And unfortunately Yunho did.

"It wasn't his fault," Yunho explained. "I said it would be okay to save them. We just had to hide them so no one would know. It was my idea to keep them alive."

There was silence, as Kangta stared daggers into Yunho's eyes.

"I am ashamed of you, Yunho. As the leader, I would expect you to be professional. But you've only gone with your emotions, instead of your profession. This weakness is not something I shall tolerate."

I would have rebutted that, but I was still too weak to even move.

"Get them out of here," I heard Kangta say aloud. "I'll deal with Yunho."

Almost immediately, a team of guards entered. The restrainers on Jaejoong and I smoothly retracted back into their secret compartment. I was aware of the burn marks on my wrists, when the guards lifted me off my seat and take me away. I managed to turn my head just enough to see Kangta staring down at Yunho, his arms crossed over his chest. , this wasn't going to go down well.

 

I was half carried, half dragged to the Infirmary, with Jaejoong struggling and screaming for Yunho behind me. Yoona was already there, waiting for us with an impatient look on her face.

As the guards placed me on the bed and the Fixers surrounded us, I heard Yoona ask what happened. And then I heard a Fixer whisper to her in answer, though I could hear it pretty well with my fine tuned ears.

"Kangta was testing out the new torture devices."

My whole world spun. Those were the new torture devices? If so, then I couldn't foresee any more disobedience from the other Outposts anytime soon.

Shots of Cortisone, Morphine and Anabolic steroids were rapidly injected into my system to make up for the energy lost from the torture, as well as some other drugs I hadn't managed to remember from the rapid discussions I heard.

Pretty soon, the pain I felt died considerably, till it was forgotten. Wasn't that weird? I had completely forgotten what the pain had felt like. It was as if they had successfully wiped it from my memory, leaving behind a blank slate from where it originally was.

Now I was just winded, feeling tired and sick to the extremes. Some sort of cream was applied to my wrists, which was the only part of me that had suffered any external damage, strangely enough, and bandaged to protect it from further harm.

The drugs they pump you with at Nine were seriously amazing. I didn't even feel the burn on my wrists anymore. It seemed as if the Fixers had placed bandages on me just for the fun of it.

Within minutes, I felt as per normal again, almost as if I hadn't gone through a round of torture. Jaejoong was asleep on the bed beside me. He had gone violent, screaming for Yunho, and had been administered the anesthetic Ketamine to calm down. I knew it wouldn't last for long though. Jaejoong had been administered Knock-Out drugs so many times that he had grown a sort of immunity to them that his unconscious state lasted only half as long as the drugs should.

I stayed still and rested, knowing the drugs were only hiding the aftereffects of the torture, and I really needed to rest. I closed my eyes, thinking only of Yunho. I hoped he was doing okay. I had no idea what the pain felt like, but remembering how my body reacted to it, it was mind-blowing. I hoped Yunho was alive, at least.

Many minutes passed with me lying completely still like that, not asleep, but yet not completely awake either. There was silence in the room, as the Fixers left us, their job being done, Jaejoong still asleep, and Yoona as silent as she could be. I could barely even feel her presence in the room.

"Chunnie," I heard a whisper. I turned my head and slowly opened my eyes in Jaejoong's direction. He was already awake, which didn't surprise me, and looked like he was about to cry.

I immediately sat up and held my arms open for him. He ran to me and cuddled into my chest, seeking warmth as his tears wet my shirt. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Yoona pick up her phone, her eyes widening slightly as the person on the other line conveyed his message, before rushing off and exiting the infirmary.

"Hey, hey," I soothed, running my hands up and down his back, "Calm down. It's gonna be okay."

Jaejoong sniffed loudly, as he turned his head to rest his cheek against my chest. "No, it's not. Something's not right. I can feel it here, Chunnie hyung." He tapped the left side of my chest to signify the heart. "Something happened to Yunnie. I can feel it."

"It's just your imagination," I said, "Yunho will be okay. Kangta won't kill him. Yunho is strong. He's our leader, so he's very strong."

Jaejoong moved to grip his sweater, the area where his heart would be.

"Yunnie is in pain. A lot of pain."

I was just about to ask how he knew that, when Yoona re-entered the infirmary, leading a whole fuss of noisy guards and Fixers behind her. The guards were dragging an unconscious Yunho behind them, and that was enough to confirm my fears.

Yunho was practically thrown on to the bed by the guards, the one furthest away from Jaejoong and I, before he was swarmed by Fixers up to the point that I couldn't even see him.

I heard a swarm of discussion among them, before Yoona practically screamed, "Get the AED!"

And that was when Jaejoong let out a high enough pitched scream for everyone in the room to turn and look.

 

========================

 

Part 1 of a two part update.

Next Update coming up!