Present

Autumn Rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Doojoon go to his new work place in Jeongseon, Gangwan-do. He choose to be on the country side. He done with special force. He want more calm and normal day. Gikwang let him stay in his villa since it very close with his police station. Gikwang can understand why Doojoon choose to be in that place. Only here Doojoon feel he close with Hanna.

 "Have you try to eat at this place?" Gikwang asked. He and Doojoon walk at the cosmos flower farm. They take a good care of them in winter so they cover the whole lot with white plastik. 

 "Not yet. What are you doing here?"

 "Nothing. Just want to spend my alone time with my buddy." Gikwang said teasing Doojoon. 

 Since Hanna when missing they become closer. Doojoon also stay in Hanna's house before he move here. Hanna's room still vacant but Gikwang or Doojoon will clean it time to time. Yoseop and Min Jung will get married in February. They asked Dasom to help their wedding. Hanna's boutique, Dasom and Gikwang handle it since Hanna not around. Shin Group handle by the managing company. That company belong to Hanna now.

 "It's so cold...." Doojoon said when the wind blew. The white plastik also flew open the other side. They heard the sound of someone giggle. She sound so happy and carefree.

 "Kiki-ah!!!!" She called make Gikwang's heart stop. Gikwang look at that person but they can't see who is that. The white plastik between them. Gikwang and Doojoon run to the other side to see who is that. They saw a woman run after a small dog. She wearing a white skrit with gray sweater. From behind that woman look like Hanna.

 "Hanna?!" Doojoon call but no respond. 

 "Kiki-ah...." She said and grab the puppy in her hugs. Doojoon and Gikwang both run to her since she don't respond. When they stand in front of her, both of them lost their words.

 "W...Who...are you?" She asked in surprise and nervous. Her hair shorter than Hanna but her face just like her. That was Hanna.

 "Hanna....this is me. Kiki...."

 "This is Kiki....." She said and point to her puppy. She is Hanna but why she don't even reconize Gikwang or Doojoon. 

 "I think you mistake me with someone else......" She said and walk away. She saw an older woman in front of her.

 "Eomma!!" She called out and run after her. They walks link arms and sharing their story. Doojoon and Gikwang still can't digust what just happen.

 "That Hanna....right?" Gikwang said. Doojoon don't answer him but he went to the shop.

 "Do you know an old woman just now?" Doojoon asked at the shop owner.

 "The woman with her daughter just now?"

 "Yes. Do you know them?"

 "Of cause. Her daughter the volunteer to teach orphan kids here. Her mother is teacher retire so, both of them will come her 3 times a week and stop here for lunch." The shop owner said.

 "Daughter? That girl is her daughter?"

 "Yes. Her name is Ryu Yeon."

 "Ryu Yeon? Do you know where they live?" Doojoon asked again. The shop owner look a bit taken by Doojoon question since he still wearing his policemen uniform.

 "Did they commit anything?"

 "No, i just want to know them." The shop owner give Doojoon the address. Doojoon will follow his gut telling him. He know that is Hanna.

 "Where are you going?"

 "Find Hanna..."

 "I'm coming too." Gikwang said. Both of going to the Ryu resident, forget about their lunch. 

 Doojoon park near with their house. It's a normal country house. Both of them walk to house and knock on the door. The older woman open the door.

 "Excuse me madam, can i meet with your daughter?" Doojoon said.

 "Ryu Yeon? Wae?"

 "I'm sorry if my words a bit harsh to you but i want to know the truth."

 "Truth? You know my Ryu Yeon?" That older woman said making Doojoon and Gikwang more suspicious. Three of them walk side by side. Mrs. Park taking them to Ryu Yeon. They stop when they saw how happy is Hanna playing with the kids.

 "I found her a year ago. Walking and bleeding but don't know where to go. So, i stop helping her. I'd takes her to the hospital, get her treat and report to the police. Maybe she in missing list person but non picture were her. When she awake, we asked her name but she just don't remember anything.

 She lost her memory maybe due to her head injury. I lived alone, my husband died along ago and i got no kids. So, i thought i just bring her home, give her food and clothes until she remember about herself but until now she don't even remember anything. Times pass by and i'm getting fond of her. She makes me laugh and smile. I know this times will come sooner or later." Mrs. Park explain.

 "Kiki....? Where she got that name?" Gikwang asked.

 "Kiki? You mean her puppy?"

 "Yes."

 "I don't know.....She always have a bad dream and she scared of water. When she sick, she keep mumberling someone name but i don't have any idea."

 "Who's names?" Doojoon asked.

 "Dujun and Ki ki....."

 "Do you mean Doojoon?" Doojoon asked again.

 "I think so... is that you?" Doojoon nod. Three of them watch Hanna playing around and automaticly smile spread on their face.

 "She living well all this times....." Doojoon said and his tears threat to fall. Gikwang pat his shoulder. 

 "Ryu Yeon-ah....." Mrs. Park called. Hanna walk to them and her forehead frown.

 "You know them?" Hanna asked at Mrs. park.

 "They're my friends. I invited them to have dinner with us." Mrs. Park said. Just like she always be, she just silently nod, agree at Mrs. Park but never said anything. Gikwang and Doojoon is stranger once again to her. 

 Hanna now look so relax, calm and happier. It's really good to see her this happy but if she gain her memories back, will she be happy like this? Gikwang think. Her life as Shin Hanna so many painful memories.

 "She's so happy now.....She just playing around and enjoy her life. What happen if she have her memory back?" Gikwang question himself but Doojoon hear him clearly. They both seat down at the outdoor kitchen, helping Mrs. Park and Hanna cooking.

 "I have same question in mind. Should we just keep her in the dark? I don't mind to start all over again with her because i know deep inside she still love me." Doojoon said.

 "Yahhh.....She love me first. I know she will get along with me in no time." Gikwang tease Doojoon. Of cause Hanna will remember Doojoon and love him but he know he shouldn't even think about it even for once. That's Hanna will choose him instead of Doojoon.

 "If she choose you then i will let her go and be happy. That's what i want from her, be happy." Doojoon said and continue peeling potato. Gikwang know Doojoon still feel guilty for not saving her and her mother just like what he promise.

 "Yahh..don't take it too serious. I'm just kidding."

 "Well, i'm not." Doojoon said and stand up, carry his potato with him to pass it at Mrs. Park. They all dinner at the outside and listen to Mrs. Park stories. Sometimes listen to the old forks stories is interesting and fun.

 After dinner, Gikwang help Mrs. Park washing dishes and Doojoon help to clean the table. Hanna, she laying down on the bench outside while listen to the music. 

 "What she doing for her free time?" Doojoon asked.

 "She like to cycling around the village and play with the kids. Sometimes she will bring a few kids with her for lunch or dinner together. Sometimes she will spend her times reading near with the stream. Even though she don't remember about herself, she sometime stumble on her old life by coincidence. Like read books in english or talking fluently in english."

 "She study in England for 8 years together with me. She like to watch football match." Gikwang add.

 "That's what she do every weekend. She join with the old forks at the community center, so most all of old forks here like her. She also learning how to cooks and farming with the other villager."

 "Hanna farming and cooking?" Gikwang asked and laugh. Doojoon listen to their conversation and smile. It's a great improvement for Hanna. Doojoon walks to Hanna.

 "Do you mind if i join you?" Doojoon asked. Hanna take out one earspiece so she can listen to what he said. Hanna look at him then nod. Doojoon laying next to her. 

 "What are listening to?" Doojoon asked. Then Hanna give him the other earpiece. She was listen to the piano melody or instrumental. Before Hanna also like to hear instrumental songs. Laying there with Hanna feel like their old days. Hanna like to spend her times doing nothing but just stay together with Doojoon is enough. Hanna fall asleep there.

 "Ryu Yeon's sleeping." Mrs. Park said. Doojoon also fall asleep there.

 "I will carry her." Gikwang said.

 "Can you.....?" Mrs. Park asked unbelieve what she just hear.

 "I always do that, before." Gikwang said. Mrs. Park can see Gikwang love Hanna as much as Doojoon too. She nod, agree with him. Gikwang put his arms under Hanna body and carry Hanna, Mrs Park wake up Doojoon. Hanna open her sleepy eyes then smile.

 "Kiki's smell....." She said makes Gikwang heart stopping. Is Hanna really lost her memory or she just pretend it? Gikwang tugs Hanna in her bed but he just stay there looking at her. Did he hear it or he imagine it? He confused but he sure Hanna said it.

 "Kiki....." She said in her sleep but her puppy moves to sleep next to her.

 "If you like, you can sleep here tonight." Mrs. Park said from outside. 

 "Sure...." Gikwang answer and leave Hanna. He close her door but open it slightly. Mrs. Park give Gikwang and Doojoon her late husband clothes. It's a bit old but it still can be wear. She put the mattress not far from Hanna room.

 "Did Hanna have nightmares if she not feeling well?" Gikwang asked. Mrs. Park smile then nod.

 "Just like any young child, right? First few months Ryu Yeon always have nightmares, she sometimes screaming in her sleep. I always stay with her and convince her that it just a dream. I also bring her to meet with others villager and spend times with orphan childs. Start with that she stop having bad dream and she continue doing it now." Mrs. Park explain. That night goes on, Gikwang and Doojoon listen to Mrs. Park story about Hanna. They want to know the new Hanna, it's only 1 year but it's seem forever for them to catching up. Everything about Hanna now totally new.

 The next morning, Hanna wake up early and walk out from her room. She saw Doojoon and Gikwang sleep in living room. Somehow she think this like a dejavu. Mrs. park at the kitchen making breakfast. Once again she feels familiar. Mrs. park always making breakfast but somehow today feel weird and familiar for her. She look back at Doojoon and Gikwang. Saw them sleeping like it normal for her.

 "Good morning, eomma." She said and jog up to the kitchen.

 "Going somewhere?" Mrs. park said.

 "I need to help Ajumma Oh with her grand-daugther. She can't send her to the school today. She hurt her leg yesterday." Hanna said and wear her shoes.

 "Come back fast, ok? So we can have breakfast together."

 "Araso.... Eomma, how i can sleep in my room?" Hanna asked when she remember again.

 "Gikwang oppa carry you....."

 "Carry me? Eomma, you just let stranger carry me?"

 "Ryu Yeon-ah, they're not stranger."

 "They is.....to me. Next time don't let anyone carry me again, ok? I go first....." Hanna said but Mrs. Park just smile. After done with cooking, Mrs. Park set the table while waiting for Hanna and the boys awake. Doojoon awake first when he hear his alarm ringing. Gikwang also awake because of the alarm, it's so loud for him.

 "Good morning, boys." Mrs. Park said.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter