Striker's Purpose

Dream On [DISCONTINUED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yo~ MVP!" some Sophomores whistled from the stands of the gym. Jaerin was on the field with her hands on her hips trying to catch her breathe. For a soccer and volleyball player, she had descent stamina. 

She looked over her shoulder and wondered why boys would waste their time watching girls practice when they should be studying. She never really understood men. Or boys. 

A blonde haired girl jogged up to Jaerin with a soccerball dribbling at her feet. "Jae, warm ups?" She didn't answer. The blonde followed her dull eyes to where they were looking at. "Seems like you have some fans." The blonde commented as she kicked the ball with her knee.

"I will never understand boys. Ever." Jaerin said half to herself half to her teammate.

The group of Sophomores suddenly stood up and took off their blazers swishing it around the air while making all kinds of animal noises. "You're lucky you at least have some fans. I'll make sure to get your autograph so I can sell it for 20 bucks." the girl joked. 

While one of the P.E. teachers blew their whistle at the abnoxious Sophomores, Jaerin and her teammate started kicking the ball back and forth to each other progressively.

"Yah! You rascals this is private practice! Get out!" The P.E. teacher shooed and slapped them with his roll of newspaper. The headcoach blew his whistle signaling all the girls to huddle up.

"Ahra, you trying out for midfielder right?" Jaerin asked the girl next to her. The blonde nodded her head with a half grin and nudged her shoulder. "Our striker is gonna win MVP as a Junior this year ey~?" Jaerin rolled her eyes and kept to herself. She never really aimed for being the best.

She didn't play soccer because her grandparents forced her to. Or for the fame. All Kim Jaerin wanted to do was have fun playing the sport. She played it for herself. But volleyball, that was another story.

"Alright ladies, tryouts are in 2 weeks and if you're planning on being committed, I better see each and every one of you here 2 times a week and on time. I'm taking to you Jung Ahra." The headcoach narrowed his eyes at the said blonde girl. She rolled her eyes slightly and huffed as if disagreeing.

"Here's the sign up sheet," the headcoach held the clipboard high so everyone could see. "Full name, grade, and position." He put the clipboard on the bench and everyone started pushing and shoving to get to it.

"Jae come on! There's not gonna be any more spots left!" Ahra tugged on her arm. Judging by the massive parasites of Freshman and Sophomores, she didn't wanna get in there. "Good idea," Ahra agreed. There were two coaches in their 40s for the Girl's Soccer Team. The headcoach, Coach Lee and the assistant coach, Coach Soo.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After warm ups and a few passing drills, they started playing an actual game. Jaerin watched as the Freshman girls and Sophomores outnumbered the Juniors altogether. There were only a few Seniors and Jaerin was disappointed. She had hope to team up with the upperclassmen and dominate the lowerclassmen.

The gym door opened. 

In came a student with blonde hair and an expensive l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter