J o n g i n

Dream On [DISCONTINUED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Friday.

It was the day of the week where he could just lay back, party with his friends at the club in the city, or chill at one of his buddy's house. 

With one shoulder strap on and a hand in his pant pocket, he headed out of the last period feeling great and relaxed. A couple of freshmen girls stood by his classroom door and gaped as he leisurely walked out like a model.

Jongin ignored them and put on his headphones, even though there wasn't any music playing, and pretended he didn't hear them or acknowledge them. 

His headphones were a sign of him needing space and independence. They were a sign that told people not to bother him when he's lost in the music. 

"Kai!" Hyoyeon clasps her hand on his shoulder. With a tug of a smile, he rested his headphones on his neck and bumped fists with her. "Listen, I need you to hook me up with a couple of DJs for tonight. I've only got Zico and that amateur kid Zelo with him for backup. Kai narrowed his eyes at the girl. 

"C'mon please!" Hyoyeon jutted her lips out. Kai scoffed a bit, she never was good at aegyo, even when they were kids. 

"Alright fine, I'll call Chanyeol and Kris is a maybe, he just got back from his flight in China." Hyoyeon smiles gleefully at him. "Thanks, I owe you one. See you later!" Hyoyeon ran off, obviously needing to get somewhere quickly for late party scheduling. "Yah! Kai!" he turned back around and saw it was Hyoyeon hollering at the school gate.

"Bring a date this time will you!" she turned and hurried out of school. Kai grunted and made the phonecalls to his friends. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I'm home, Ma." he called out as he closed the door behind him. His mother was busying away in the kitchen with vegetables and a steaming pot. 

Ms. Kim acknowledged her son's presence. "Ah, you're home. I'm cooking your favorite, can you set the table?" Kai bit his lip, he was unsure of how to tell her that he would be gone for the night. But seeing how hard she worked for the dinner, he knew it would be rude to leave without taking a bite. 

"Sure." he nodded and took out 2 placemats, 2 plates and forks and spoons. 

Once everything was on the table, the mother and son sat adjacent to each other and ate in peace. 

"So how was school? Your grades are fine?" she drank her cup of tea. Kai hummed in response. "It's good so far. Hyo's having a par-- hangout at her place tonight and I've gotta be there-- oh this is great ma." He devoured the sour soup and wiped his mouth with the back of his hand. 

Ms. Kim looked at her son quietly. He was beginning to look like his father. And the fact that he was already in his 3rd year of high school was making her feel nostalgic. 

The son could feel the change in her mood. He placed his hand on top of her's. She looked up at him and gave a weak smile.

He gave her a loving-son-like gaze that said 'I love you'. 

He saw time on the fridge clock. "I've gotta get going." he stood up and left to change to more comfortable-partying clothes in his room. 

Ms. Kim sighed and composed herself. She put the dishes into the sink. 

In his room, Kai put on a pair of black jeans and a white button up long sleeve. With one glance in the mirror, he slipped on a pair of sneakers and headed out.

Grabbing his black blazer, he heard his mom say, "Don't stay out too long."

He turned back and jogged toward her. He kissed her on her cheek and said he'll be back before midnight. 

"And tell Hyo I said, Happy Birthday." 

"Will do."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hyoyeon moved out of her parent's house just this year. They were against it, but she managed to show them that she could be independent and well off without them. Her loft was close to the city, and it was fairly big for just one person. 

When Kai arrived, there were already about 30 people inside-- half of them he didn't even know. 

Kai entered her loft, and already girls started oogling their eyes at him. He saw Zico and Zelo at a table with large sound systems and stereos, he could feel the music vibrating through his feet and chest. 

His best friend, Oh Sehun, found him and slung his arm around his friend's shoulder. 

"You're here! This party's gonna get goooood!" Kai could tell Sehun was already getting tipsy from the drinks. 

"Where's Hyo?" Sehun pointed to crowd in the living room. 

Kai hung his blazer on the coat rack and made his way to the crowd. There, he saw the birthday girl dancing ily with other people who he didn't even know that went to their school. In particularly, there was a taller male with cherry-red hair dancing shamelessly on with her. 

Hyoyeon was wearing tight shorts, showing off her toned legs and a beige-creamed top. Her makeup was dark and she had Bohemian eye makeup that made her eyes pop. People around him engulfed him into the dancing circle.

"Hyo!" he shouted as loud as he could. But that tall guy was basically covering her body with his hands. 

Her back was pressed dangerously close to the tall guy's front and it didn't make Kai feel so good. 

Kai got closer to them and placed a hand on Chanyeol's shoulder. "Dude! Aren't you supposed to be DJing?" Kai yelle

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter