Pilot

Dream On [DISCONTINUED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

August 15th. Chaerin groggily opened her lazy eyes. The calendar pinned on her wall had the date circled in red sharpie. A lazy grin pushed from the corners of . Pushing herself up she sat up and rolled her neck around to stretch. Outside her window, the sky was still dark and the sun was slowly rising.

Standing up from her bed, she slipped into her Winnie the Pooh slippers and bent down to touch her toes. From there, she spread her legs out into the splits. Then she stood up and went into her bathroom to get ready. She checked her phone and started to play some Beethoven on shuffle.

Now if we go outside of Chaerin's room, and a few doors down, we come to see a bedroom door that was painted plain white. An ahjumma walked past Chaerin's room and stopped to hear the usual classical music being played in the morning. The old lady's wrinkled cheeks raised into a gentle smile.

She knew her granddaughter would be the first one to wake up in the morning. The ahjumma then proceeded to the next bedroom and slowly opened the door. As expected, the eldest granddaughter was still sound asleep.

The adhjumma crept closer to the blanket burrito she was in. Her eyes scanned the messy room. There were empty plastic water bottles that seemed to never reach the recycle bin, spandex that almost or never even reached the hamper near her bathroom, and not to mention the sweaty, stinky kneepads and soccer cleats scattered near the gym bags.

The old lady shook her head and bent down to pick up a nike sock she found under her feet. At the sound of the ahjumma's shuffling and disgusted comments, the elder granddaughter soon woke up. The first thing she saw was the poor old grandma reaching down to pick up her soccer cleats.

The granddaughter felt bad and quickly escaped her burrito blanket. She dashed over to her grandma and made her stand up.

"Grams, you don't need to do that. You might hurt your back."

She looked up at her granddaughter with a sweet, morning grin. "Jaerin-ah, you go on and get ready for school. Your sister is already up. Go on, shoo." she pushed her into her bathroom. Jaerin knew protesting with her grandma would be useless. Looking into the mirror, there was a sticky note that read: First day, don't screw it up. Using her fingers, she gathered her bushy hair into a messy bun.

Checking her phone, she started to play energizing work out music and began to get ready.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The Kim Family lived together in a normal house, a bit smaller than other houses. In the Kim Household, there was Grandpa Kim, an ancient man with a mind of cleverness and optimism. He happily married his wife, whom in this story goes by Grandma Kim or Grams by her granddaughters. 

The granddaughters, well, they were just plain beautiful. They had very, very similar features. Chaerin had brown eyes while Jaerin had black, other than their eyes, they looked like the same person. They were born as identical twins, but they were complete opposites in terms of personalities. Like black and white, yin and yang, summer and winter.

The youngest sibling in the house was Kim Rinjo, 'Jo-Jo' for short. He was in the 4th grade and the one thing he adored most besides his collection of old trains were his noonas. So there you have, the Grandparents, the youngest brother, and the twin sisters. 

Grandpa Kim and Rinjo sat at the round dinner table eating breakfast. Grandma Kim came downstairs with Jaerin's jerseys and shin guards. Rinjo stopped chewing and his face crinkled. He pinched his nose and looked at Grandpa Kim. "Papa, you smell that? It smells like--

"Your sister's 2 week old gear? Dear, you're sister has more gear than medals." Grams finished off. "Lin, you might need to wear a mask if you attempt to get rid of that smell." Grandpa Kim joked. Grams went into the laundry room with a hearty laugh.

A girl came down with her backpack on and another gym bag slung on her shoulder. She walked over to kiss her grandfather's cheek and ruffled Rinjo's mushroom cut hair. "Ah bwoya~ I have picture day today." he whined as he fixed his hair back into place. 

Chaerin went the fridge. Her lunch had a sticky note with her initials on it. She grabbed it and put it in her bag. "Grandpa, I have practice today at 5. Mind if I take your truck?" 

"Sure, go ahead. Keys are in the second drawer." 

"Thanks, Grandpa!" she kissed his other cheek and grabbed the keys and her gym bag. Just then, her twin came downstairs with the same gym bag. Rinjo brightened when he saw his second sister come downstairs. "Noona! I have picture day today!" She kissed her grandpa's cheek and then ruffled Jo-Jo's hair.

"Aish, not again." the 9 year old muttered.

"Oiy, Jaerin you go and clean your own gear. Your poor grandma is suffering from the stench." Grandpa Kim announced once he saw Jaerin rushing to the fridge. "Ne, I will. Can I use your truck later today? I have indoor soccer practice today at the gym." Jaerin asked.

Chaerin passed by waving the truck keys in her face. "Sorry Jae, early bird gets the worm." She earned a short glare from Jaerin. 

"Just teasing, I'll drop you off on my way to the arena. Jo-Jo, you ready?" Chaerin held out her hand. Rinjo gulped down his milk in a jiffy, wiped the milk mustache, and grabbed his backpack. "Kaja! Jae noona let's go~" He wailed out his other hand for her to hold. Jaerin grabbed her lunch and held her little brother's right hand. 

"I call gunshot!" Rinjo exclaimed as he sat in the front. Technically, there were no backseats in Grandpa Kim's truck, just three seats and then the back. Chaerin got into the driver's seat and started the engine. Jaerin pushed her brother into the middle of them. "Not this time, put on your seatbelt." Jaerin did it for him while he pouted, feeling babied.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Rinjo got off the truck and waved to his two older sisters. "Bye Chae, Jae noona!" The twins waved back as Rinjo met with his other classmates and walked into the elementary school. Chaerin drove off towards their school, Kyungwon High. Once Chaerin parked the old truck in the student parking section, students around them started looked in their direction.

First, Chaerin stepped out, immediately students passing by greeted her good morning and she did the same with a bright smile. Then, Jaerin stepped out, wearing her black headphones and her usual blank face. The students passed by her and instead of greeting her good morning, they bowed like robots. 

Chaerin noticed this and saw how her sister saw them bow but she didn't react. Chuckling to herself she locked the truck

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter