[ Jin ] pt 1

[Army] Battery BTS One-Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[ The Potential of Perhaps ]

Part One

Male Lead Character: Kim Seokjin
Name of Female Lead: Lee Bi An
Description of Plot: A girl comes to BTS's Hideout, the one where they accept requests for killing. She requests for them to take her in and teach her the way of one because she wants to kill a certain group of people. Jin accepts out of boredom. They train for a year together, refining her skills. 

They don't know the target is them. The previous king,assassinated, was her father.
(happy ending if that's even possible lol)

Settings: Old era AU, assassins AU.
Perspective: Third person
Genres: Fluff Comedy romance
Appearances of BTS members: maybe all the members trying to teach her as well? Like they expertise in different skills. Eg poison making
Picture/Gif: optional

 

xx

 

The night was warm and stagnant, thick enough to walk into, and a lone woman ducked behind buildings and snuck under hanging laundry.  It was not the first time she had traversed the village, and the way to her destination was paved in her mind, a GPS that mapped out every unmarked road and path through the trees.

Her fur coat flapped as she bolted past the butcher’s shop and the blacksmith; her face was a mystery to all those in the village, a shadowed form that had always been kept hidden from the public, but she couldn’t risk being seen by a single soul.  The consequences could be catastrophic.

The massive church bell rang with midnight just as she scurried across its front steps to slip into the woods; midnight was the line drawn between night and morning, and her favorite time amongst the wee hours of the day, when no one was awake but she and all were at the mercy of her mercy.  She always liked the power, the control.

But heading towards her destination, she came to terms with the realization that she wouldn’t be able to wield the power she always kept strapped to her hip; where she was heading, all rules were twisted and authority was held by someone different.

Someone that wasn’t her…

Leaves brushed with dew brushed against her face and neck, speckling her eye lashes with water droplets just large enough to cast a rainbow focus into her vision whenever she blinked.  The “abandoned” town lay right next to the lake, and in the overcast of night, the water appeared choppy and ghostly, ready to drag her down into its depths.  But perhaps that was just her imagination spiking up along with the trepidation of arriving.

As she treaded lightly through the winding streets and graveled paths of the small village, she could hear the beginnings of a conversation taking place in a tavern not far from where she stood.  She pressed against the wall and listened deeply, her ear flat against the old and rotting structure.

“…told you…nothing to be done…such…challenged child…”

What…?  She leaned closer to the door in order to hear better, but her coat caught on a rusty nail and she was yanked back.  Damn!

Pulling and twisting to release her clothing from its captor, she tried to stay as silent as possible, still hoping to catch a whiff of their conversation.  That hope was squandered as a cold, metal edge was held against , and a heavy body pressed against her so hard she was slammed into the wall roughly.  The inside chatter ceased and she heard two or three pairs of feet making their way to the door.

“Who are you?” a low voice hissed, his harsh tone spitting into her ear and his body weight still holding her against the building.  Two people exited from behind the heavy door and she only caught a quick glance of their faces:  One with a scar running down his neck, and the other, who was taller, had the most piercing eyes she had ever seen; dark and steady, staring into her soul like a pair of onyx stones.  His mouth was set like two flat school paddles, thin with the pressure of his tense facial muscles.

“I’ll get Namjoon,” a voice behind her offered, and a series of grunts signaled their approval; she could hear at least five people behind her, including the man who just left.  The man behind her pushed the blade harder against her neck.

“I said,” he spat, “who are you?”  She tried to swallow and winced as the knife drew blood.

“Jungkook,” someone whispered, and the dagger shifted higher on her neck.  “You need to relax; just calm down.”  The voice wasn’t deep, but had power, and “Jungkook” backed away just enough for her to breathe properly, and respond.

“Bian,” she coughed, excluding her last name for fear of them recognizing it.  “I’m called Bian where I’m from.”

“And where are you from?” Jungkook asked; Bian chuckled, her light-hearted cockiness getting the best of her now that she wasn’t flat against a wall.

“Not here.”

“Don’t be smart with me,” he said, and twirled her so that she could see the rest of the people there.  And, oh, how she was surprised to find that the “man” who was still pressing a dagger to , was in fact a boy.

Jungkook had a messy head of black hair and matching eyes, though, not as distinct as the other figure that stood behind him, staring.  There were three people standing behind him, one with crossed arms and one who had his hands clasped behind his back.  The stare-er had hands stuffed under his armpits; he didn’t look nearly as scary as he did confused.

“If I was being smart, I wouldn’t have showed up here,” she retorted, and the one with hands behind him grinned, chuckled, and was slapped upside the head by the shortest with the scar down his neck.

“Shut your mouth Hoseok,” he growled, but the taller of the two only slapped him back, causing a small scuffle to occur.  And all through it all, the silent one of the trio continued to gaze at her, as if he was trying to decipher every detail of her life with just his eyes.

“Jimin!” a sharp voice bounced between the houses and shops, and the two boys broke apart to stand straight and face the owner of the voice.  A tall figure emerged from behind a stall and strode over to the two youngsters who had been fighting; despite the eeriness of the situation, Bian felt as though she was watching two school boys being punished for fighting, instead of two infamous assassins.

Assassins, because that was what they were, even the young man in front of her still holding the knife to her skin, looking like he wanted to kill her right then and there.  Why was he so furious…?

Jimin and Hoseok looked at their feet as the newest arrival stood before them, and they muttered apologies to him quietly.  But upon further inspection, Bian could tell their eyes were shifted elsewhere, and their attention was not focused on the man in front of them, but instead on a lone figure lumbering over slowly, taking in everything with his eyes.

His hair was snow-white, his face was that of a leader, his stride was confident; his eyes were red…

An albino… she thought absent-mindedly, and said form turned to face her, looking into her eyes and sparking the first bit of fear she had felt since arriving.  The others were scary, strong, but he was all powerful; he was their commander, the one who could order her guts to be spilled or slit (Jungkook would’ve loved that one), but instead, he told the boy to “let her go.”

“What?” Jimin exclaimed, and Hoseok elbowed him harshly, earning a glare that shouted ‘touch me and I’ll stab you.’

“Let her go,” the albino reiterated.  “We don’t kill paying customers.”

“But she was eavesdropping,” Jimin chimed in, and Hoseok looked about ready to cut out the shorter boy’s tongue.  But Jungkook respectfully stepped back and bowed to him as greeting, earning a surprisingly deep bow from his elder.  Then, all eyes were on her.

“How much?” the albino inquired, and Bian raised an eyebrow.

“If you’re asking how much gold you’ll get, it’s meager, but nothing compared to what you’ll receive afterwards.”  They stared and glared and gazed unfazed, some trying to find the hidden meaning to her words and others just waiting, bored, for her to continue.  So she did.  “I need to be trained to be like you, to be an assassin.”

Hoseok broke out into laughter, stare-er snorted, and Jungkook crossed his arms; but leader grinned.  Bian tried to hold her cool as she was silently mocked for her request, forcing her hidden rage to stay just that as the nameless, second-in-command rolled his eyes.

“An assassin?” Jimin chuckled.  “You’re a woman; incapable of taking lives like bugs, too emotional to squash them under the toe of your boot.”  Bian fumed.

“You’re more womanly than I, making assumptions like that; I bet if I were to kick you between the legs, you wouldn’t feel a thing,” she said in disgust, resisting the urge to spit in his direction.  But she wouldn’t even have been allowed the chance, because he stormed his way over and forced an arm against her neck, her slight cut stinging more than anything and her breath hindered dangerously so.  No one moved to stop him.

“It’s just you here, a lone woman amongst seven men, one very much infuriated.”  His face was closer than close to hers, and his breath washed over her features chillingly.  He wasn’t much taller, but the few inches really did bear a fearful affect.  “Why don’t I show you how much of a man I am.”  It wasn’t a question, but a statement, a terrifying statement that made her realize how far she had stepped over the line.  Her terror only increased as his free hand reached beyond her coat and grabbed the lip of her shirt.

“Jimin!” a foreign voice called, and he stepped back disdainfully, not even bothering to face the newest person to join them, who had conveniently ordered him to back off.  “Get your back to camp, I’m tired of hearing your voice.”  This time, Jimin listened without argument and tore his way from the group, mumbling to himself about “already being in camp” to disappear into the eternal shadow of night.

“What’s his problem?” Hoseok mumbled, and Jungkook hung his head; Bian saw stare-er falter in his gaze and cringe, something the albino noticed, and took note of.

“I need to be trained; it’s important,” she insisted, and the leader stepped forward until he was the closest of them all.  “Please; I’ll assist in missions and listen to your orders.  I have a mission of my own, and need to be trained in order to complete it.”  His gaze was unrelenting, and she fought to stay confident in her words.  “Please.”

“I’ll do it,” someone called, and all heads turned towards second-in-command, who had recently stepped past stare-er and Hoseok.  “There aren’t many requests these days for me, and I’m quite honestly getting bored.  I’ll take this one up.”

“Really, Seokjin hyung?” Hoseok asked, and his “hyung” shrugged, briefly glancing at her before turning to face the direction Jimin had headed.

“I got this one, but I’ll handle it in the morning; I’m exhausted.”  He nodded to the leader and walked off, leaving her in the hands of the others.

“So,” the irritated one began.  “How much?”

“20 gold pieces.”  He snorted.  “And a lifetime of my services.”

Silence.

“What’s this job about?” he inquired, head turning to sweep across the faces of his colleagues.  “I believe I just told Jimin to halt in his “interrogation,” and now you want to offer a lifetime of your services?  Someone’s got to enlighten me; Namjoon?”

“Namjoon” sighed and waved a hand in his direction before speaking.  “She wants to be trained; and she’s referring to assisting on missions, not keep your bed warm…”  The unnamed person took a moment to think, gazing at Namjoon for guidance.  “What do you think Yoongi?”  Yoongi…

He looked indifferent to the entire thing, eyeing the purse bag tied around her waist.  “I don’t really care, Seokjin already took up the request; we can’t turn her down now, can we?”  Jungkook sighed and ran a pale hand through his hair, before doing something that stopped everyone in their tracks.

He bowed to her; a ninety-degree bow.

“Apologies, I hope you can forgive me for my actions.”  He had a soft voice, the opposite of what had shouted in her ear before; it almost had a melodic tone.  “I’ve… we’ve had a rough night.  Jimin, Taehyung, and I…”  Bian shifted her eyes to Taehyung, who gazed back; he had never stopped staring.

“That settles it,” Namjoon said with finality, clapping his hands together.  Like the church bell ringing the end of school for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter