[ Taehyung ]

[Army] Battery BTS One-Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[ Work Before Love? ]

Taehyung is a CEO at Regina's company. They have a relationship around one year, but Taehyung's parents not approve it. Everything more difficult when Taehyung's parents arrange his marriage with another woman and his jealous with Regina's best friend. Because of that, Taehyung wanna fight for their relationship until his parents accept it and their problem clear.
Setting: Company (like magazine company maybe)
Perspective of Author: third person
Genre: Romance. Drama
Appearances of other BTS members: Suga (Regina's friend and co-worker)

Warning: Cursing is used in this one-shot

xx

“Paging Mr. Kim; paging CEO Kim.”

“Yes; hello?”

“Your assistance is greatly required in editing room two.”

“Oh, really?” Taehyung chuckled, following her voice to the apartment’s small office, almost unable to see her through the piles of papers she had stacked high all around.  Regina stood by the table, hand over as if she were truly talking through a walkie-talkie.  “What can I help you with, Ms. Yoon?”

“I can’t reach the binder up there.”  She pointed to something at the top of a bookcase, never looking away from him.  Taehyung walked over, smiling, and looped an arm around her waist.

“I missed you,” he said, and skimmed his lips against her forehead.  He’d just arrived at her apartment after a weekend business trip, and even though it’d only been three days, he felt his heart beat a little faster with just the thought that he was back.

“I missed you in the office, Taehyung,” she replied, referring to the endless hours he spent with his employees in the main reporters’ room.  He was the CEO of Trendy Times, a style, gossip, and current events magazine.  He was rich.  He was interactive with his subordinates.

He was hers.

“And not out of the office?” he teased, stepping closer to press Regina against the bookcase.  “Here, I’ll get that for you.”  Taehyung intentionally leaned into her heavily, hands purposefully slow in reaching the binder.  With her chin tucked on his shoulder and his nose near her ear, Tae kissed a trail starting at her cheek and ending on .

His hands came down empty and gripped her sides, her own fingers digging in the front of his shirt.  Lips and hips and tongue were the only things on his mind, and when Regina tried to say something he muffled it out with more.

It felt so nice to be home.

“Tae,” she finally managed to sigh, cheek to his cheek and hugging his neck, “I missed you everywhere.”

“And every part of me?” he joked.

“Even the tiny fat pockets on your hips,” she chuckled, pinching his sides where she knew he was insecure.

“Yah!” he complained, stepping away.  She chuckled and pulled him back, gesturing to the untouched binder.

“I still need that.”

“And I need to lose some weight; I think we’re both going to be disappointed.”

“I swear to God, Kim Taehyung, if you go on a diet I’m going to force-feed you cake in your sleep,” she threatened, grabbing his collar and shaking him lightly.  Taehyung laughed and snatched the binder for her, handing it over immediately.

“How’d it even get up there?”

“I threw it.”

“Good aim.”

“I know.”

He pecked her cheek again and backed away, starting for the kitchen.  “What do you want for dinner?”

“Let me cook.”

“I was just gonna order takeout.”

“Definitely let me cook.”

“Gina?” someone inquired next to her, and she turned to Yoongi.  He tossed a packet onto her desk and rolled over in his wheeled-chair.  “My translation software crashed and as to be expected, I still can’t read English.”  He tapped the bilingual pages and raised an eyebrow.  “Can you translate it all and send it back over email to me?  I can put together the article’s layout and stuff, but I kinda need the actual content for that.”

He clapped a hand over her knee and rolled away.  “Thanks, girl,” he said without waiting for an answer.

“You know you could just borrow my computer and use the English program on it, right?”

“Yah, but then you’d have to use my computer.”

“Where’s the harm?”

“I don’t want you on my computer.”  He looked over his shoulder and shrugged, raising another eyebrow and smirking.

“What if I don’t have the time?”

“You always do~” he sang in an out-of-key voice, and went back to doing whatever it was he was supposed to be doing.  Regina flipped through the packet and sighed, stacking it into a neat pile at her left.  She was about to start when thin hands snatched the sheets away.

She heard the smack of paper on metal before she even managed to turn, but when she did Regina saw Taehyung with hands on his hips and foot tapping silently, his taller-than-her-friend frame leaning over Yoongi.  Her coworker swallowed, something only she could see from a certain angle, and crossed his arms over his chest defensively.

Min Yoongi didn’t like getting looked down upon.

But he wouldn’t stand up to the boss without serious provoking.

“What is this?” CEO Kim asked politely, with bite.  His subordinate blinked.

“A pile of papers.”

“And what do they compile?”

“An article that needs translating.”

“And whose article is it?”

“Jennifer Tailor’s-”

“But whose job is it to translate?”

Her friend pursed his lips and the narrowing of his eyes was barely discernable among the falling of his bangs.

“Mine.”

“Keep it that way, please.”  And with that, Taehyung stalked off without looking at either of them again, trying to keep somewhat of a composure.  Regina blew a low whistle after he was gone and looked over to Yoongi, who was fuming.  He hissed a subtle curse and spun in his chair back to the desk, where he set about downloading a new program to get the job done.

She turned around and focused on her own work, trying not to smile, but smiling anyways.  A pissed Taehyung was a hot Taehyung, when he was pissed at someone else, of course.  Well…  She could remember several times when he was mad and she couldn’t take him seriously.

Like when he complained about her peanut-butter-jelly sandwiches (she ate his in response).  Or when he shouted from the bathroom that she took his hot water (she just joined him, warming up the shower with the steam of their romance).

Taehyung was silly like that.  But that didn’t give him reason to harass Yoongi just because of his little jealousy (which wasn’t that little).  She made a note to tell him after work, by which time he better had cooled off.

He was still fresh from the griddle when Regina pulled into his driveway unannounced.  They didn’t have a date night for another couple days, and her apartment was pretty far from his house, but she needed to abate his burning energy.

She got out of the car and strode up and onto his porch, humming softly.  His door was open before she even knocked, and his oddly strong grip dragged her inside.

“Hey babe,” she greeted him, kissing his cheek but finding that he pulled away faster than she could lean in.  “Look, about today-”

“-Min Yoongi is too touchy,” he blurted out, still holding tightly to her wrist.  “It’s unprofessional and rude, and he knows you’re my girlfriend.”

“But Tae, he might be a bit rude sometimes, but he really isn’t interested.  Yoongi just seems like that.”

“You don’t see it, but almost every time I pass by, he’s staring at you.”  He looked victorious, arms crossed and smirk threatening to show itself.  She almost felt bad about smudging it off.

“He’s actually staring at the girl that sits next to me.  Reporter Bak is his long-time infatuation, and he’s completely smitten; you can’t blame him for staring.”

“Yes I can,” he snapped, looking a little less confident in his side of the argument.  “He should be doing his job, not ogling potential flames.”

“But oppa,” she teased, stepping closer just far enough so that her fingers could loop themselves into his belt.  Taehyung faltered and she could see his lashes beat against smooth cheeks like rain; fast and repetitious.  “You used to stare too, before you got the courage to ask me out.”

“Yah, but that’s-that’s-”

“-Not the same?  ‘Cause you’re the CEO?”  Regina knew what he liked and she knew she shouldn’t, but she smiled anyways, tongue poking out the corner of .  “That’s discrimination, and you’ve always been against that.”

“Yah, but-”

“-Do you think I like Yoongi?”

“No, but-”

“-Then no ‘buts,’” she whispered, seeing the tint of blush in his cheekbones and seeing the way a crimson dust was starting to creep down his neck.  She felt her own face redden, but he couldn’t seem to get past his own embarrassment to see hers.

“But-”

Gina kissed him, taking his words into and drowning them in an ocean of tongue and lip.  She could practically feel his annoyance and anger pool into a desperate want, fueled by jealousy, as Taehyung stamped kiss after kiss into her.

He made her heart skip around like a record and her lips numb, and she could only hope that she made him feel the same way.

Regina scribbled something down on her arm to remember for later and was about to start her workload for the day, when an angry explosion blared from the office over-looking their space.  It was a mere shout, ending in a second, but while it played through the room, it was louder than even the music that on occasion poured from Yoongi’s stereos on accident.

She looked up worriedly, knowing it was Taehyung’s office that just screamed, but nothing could be seen from outside and she eventually had to get back to editing.  Not long after, another voice irritably made its way through the supposedly sound-proof walls and leaked into the ears of both her and her colleagues.

“What the hell?” Min Yoongi whispered, catching her attention with a ‘look there,’ making her look up again.  Regina Yoon glanced into the office, only to see a highly distressed Kim Taehyung, hand in his hair and eyes wide.  She felt her jaw drop as he ran a palm over his face, trying to hold in whatever distress was eating him from the inside out.

She clutched tight to her shirt, worried about him, and wouldn’t have been able to pull her eyes away to focus on her schedule again had her coworker not flipped a pen into her lap.

“Snap outta it, girl; he’ll tell you about it after work,” Yoongi assured her, trying to be a good friend (something he didn’t do often).

“Yah, I know,” she shot back, keeping the pen and turning to her desk again.

“Give it back.”

“Do your work, slacker.”

Hours later, the incident hadn’t cleansed itself from her mind and she was more the slacker than her friend was.  Clocking out felt like a lie, seeing as how she’d only got half-a-day’s load done, and she bustled out into the sheltered parking lot as if the security guards would grab and force her to stay longer.

“Tae,” she murmured to herself, already tapping in his number, “you better be okay.”

“And if I’m not, what’ll you do?” a voice asked from behind, and Regina spun around and into the chest of her year-long boyfriend.  He grinned faintly down at her, looking distracted, and she cupped his cheek.

“I’ll make you okay again.”  He closed his eyes.

“Not this time; you can’t do it this time.”  She frowned.

“What does that mean?”  He sighed.

“I don’t know what to do this time,” Taehyung told her, catching her elbow with slight fingers.  “I don’t think you can do much either.”

“Tell me,” she prompted, and he bowed his head.

“It’s about my… parents.”  She stiffened.

His parents couldn’t stand her; not in the slightest.  In contrast, her mom and dad adored Taehyung with their hearts and heads, appreciating his stable job and support, but loving the gentle care he put into their relationship.  Regina never could get a similar reaction out of his parents, and all of the three meetings/dinners had gone down in flames, their criticizing eye never beating down her confidence or self-worth, but digging into the nitty-gritty business of her family reputation.

To put it simply, they didn’t like her lack of status, and found equal distaste in knowing their son didn’t care in the least about any of it.

“They called me today-” I know.  “-and I got into an argument with them-” I know.  “-over what to do with our relationship.”  Figures.

“Nothing new, though, right?” she reassured him, knowing the same ‘ole conversation usually proceeded as such:

“Son, if you want us to be happy, you should find a better life partner.  One with a better family name.”

“If you want me to be happy, then you have to accept my personal decisions.”

And so on and so forth…

“Yeah, well, it was, but, then…”  Taehyung drifted off into silence, pulling her with him.  Her gentle hand on his neck coaxed more out of him.  “But then they mentioned something else, and, and I don’t know what to do about it this time.”

She let his hands fall off her, sensing that something was much worse than she’d originally thought.  He crossed his arms and hugged himself, looking at her feet.  She let go of him as well, allowing him space.

“What is it?”  He gazed back up, the anger pouring

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter