[ Taehyung ]

[Army] Battery BTS One-Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[ The Ground Has Her Back ]

Taehyung loves to bully Sojung, but then one day he doesn't see her come to school. He later goes out with s and saw her at a Cafe with another guy. He got jealous and walked up to them. Taehyung later realizes that he actually likes Sojung.

Genre/s: Fluff, Romance

Appearances of other BTS members: Author's pick - Namjoon (bully), Suga (half-bully), Jimin (bully), J-Hope (half-bully), Jungkook (half-bully), Jin (a guy attending another high school who ticks Taehyung off)

 

xx

 

"Sojung!" Taehyung whistles and scoops his arm around the said girl.

She glares up at Taehyung. "What do you want now, Taehyung?"

The tall boy feigns surprise and puts his other hand on his chest. "Why do you always seem to think I want something from you?"

Sojung steps out of his embrace and shoves a notebook into his arms. "I know you want my study notes. Take it."

"Aye, they don't call you smart for nothing. I'll return this after the test Sojung," Taehyung says her name in a sing-song voice.

She snarls at him. "I don't want the bloody book back. Not when it's been in your filthy hands." Sojung is well aware that she will never win an argument against Taehyung; after all, he is one of the year's biggest bullies, and unfortunately, Sojung seems to be his favourite victim. She knows Taehyung is renowned for holding his threats until he carries it out yet she can't seem to keep shut every time Taehyung starts harassing her. 

Taehyung's grin disappears and his eyes take on a cold stare. Sojung mentally shivers. "You'll regret what you've said." Taehyung grabs Sojung by the shoulder and pushes her against the locker. He stares into her eyes as Sojung tries not to wince at the pain. Sojung waits for the threatening sentence, but the bully gazes at Sojung for a little while before scoffing and throwing her notebook on the floor. "I don't want this anymore," he says lazily and walks away, throwing Sojung one last glance. "See you soon, Sojung." His tone is dangerous.

Sojung takes a moment to regain her steady breathing and picks up her book with two fingers. Everyone has scattered at the sight of Taehyung shoving Sojung against the lockers so she is alone in the corridor. She spits at her notebook and throws it in the trash. She'll make herself new study notes this afternoon. 

The girl walks to class, Taehyung's words pounding in her head.

You'll regret what you've said.

As much as she hates to admit, Sojung fears for what is going to happen to her in the next few days.

 

 

"Yah, Taehyung. You did so bad in the test."

"Shut up," Taehyung hisses at Jimin and the latter laughs, waving his 92% around. 

"Guess you shouldn't have dumped her notes after all," Namjoon snickers as he smirks at his 90%. 

Taehyung glares at the two digits marked in red at the top of his page. 27%. If only he didn't throw the noteook back yesterday. Taehyung is already in a bad mood since this morning. First, he had fallen off the bed, second the bully couldn't find Sojung to play around with, and now this. 

"Hyung, what's on next period?" Taehyung asks Namjoon gruffly.

The older snaps his fingers. "History."

"Great," Taehyung growls. He'll get to see Sojung next class. She's the reason he has this lousy mark, which puts the last rock on his foul mood. He'll make her pay. 

 

 

She never entered through the door. The teacher shuts the newly-painted grey exit and begins the lesson. Sojung's seat remains empty. Taehyung scans the class to see if he had missed her entrance and is seated at an absent student's desk. He doesn't find her.

Has she skipped school today?

Taehyung clenches as he would have to find another person to take his anger out on. Sojung relieves his anger best, so it will probably take three people to satisfy Taehyung. 

As the teacher drones on and on, Taehyung thinks of reasons why Sojung is absent today. She could be sick, she could be suffering from an injury, or she could have run away scared from yesterday. Sojung hardly falls ill and she's too cautious to be caught in an accident and walk - or limp - away with an injury, which leaves the third choice. The bully rolls his eyes. Not only is skipping school pointless as she can't avoid the bully forever, but it also proves she's a wimp. 

Taehyung smirks and stares at the whiteboard as if he's interested in the lesson. A wimp. That will be her new nickname for a good few weeks. 

 

 

"Pizza!" Suga hollers and raises his arms to stretch his body. 

"Hyungs, I'm broke," Jungkook whines. 

"Ah sorry Jungkook, you can't come then." J-Hope waves his hand at the youngest boy in a dismissing manner. 

Jungkook's face drops and he turns to Taehyung. "V-hyung, can you pay for me?" 

Taehyung yawns and shoves his hand in his pocket, revealing some cash. "Got this off someone today." Taehyung hands it over to the jumping kid. Jungkook thanks V over and over again. "All for my cutie," Taehyung says and hugs Jungkook with a chuckle coming up his throat.

Suga, Taehyung, J-Hope and Jungkook enter the dimly-lit fast food store. They quickly take their pick and J-Hope heads to the queue with Jungkook while Taehyung and Suga choose a window booth. They seat and both rest their chins in their hands, wishing for time to go faster so that they can satisfy their growling stomachs.

Taehyung looks out the window to the opposite cafe. Sitting on a stool up against a window pane, Taehyung spots Sojung laughing and enjoying her sundae, with an unfamiliar teenage boy. Taehyung's lips thin and hunger forgotten, the bully stands up, to Suga's confusion.

"V? Hey! Where are you going?"

"I'll be back," he growls and walk past Jungkook and J-Hope who are oblivious to Taehyung's outraged exit. The bully walks across the road, eyes set on Sojung's laughing figure. So she really did skip school, Taehyung thinks in his head, feeling irritated all over. Well, guess you couldn't escape me today.

Sojung doesn't notice Taehyung's presence in the cute cafe until he is towering over her. She gasps and drops her spoon as his gaze offers a threat.

"Um, who are you?" the boy sitting across Sojung asks in a careful tone.

As if Taehyung wasn't aware of his existence upon entrance, the bully his head at the teenage guy and narrows his eyes. "Who are you?" Taehyung says in his low voice.

"Taehyung . . . what are you doing here?" Sojung asks, staring at her classmate with wide eyes.

"I could ask you the same thing, Sojung." Taehyung's voice is turning into his infamous snarl. "What were you doing outside of school today?"

"Since when did my business become yours?" Sojung narrows her eyes up at him and Taehyung notices her fists in her lap.

"Since you are the cause of my crappy marks." Taehyung hisses and grabs Sojung's wrist, roughly pulling her off her stool.

"Hey!" Sojung protests but her strength is nothing compared to Taehyung's. He has her out of the cafe before the boy sitting opposite Sojung could stand up or the customers could look up from their table. "Let me go!"

"No." Taehyung keeps dragging her away, down the street. It's not long before the boy from inside runs out and shouts for Sojung. Taehyung stops but remains his firm hold on Sojung's bruising wrist.

"You're hurting me," Sojung winces as she tries to pry his hand off of her.

"That your boyfriend?" Taehyung nods to the boy who has reached the two, ignoring Sojung's pleas. Taehyung is a little thrown off to see that the guy is a little taller than him. 

"Let go of her." The thick eyebrows of the guy creases and he shoots his hand forward in an attempt to break Taehyung's grip, however Taehyung had seen it coming.

The bully swats the hand away as if it were a fly. He's surprised at how weak the guy's strength is considering that Taehyung is a little over an inch shorter than him. Taehyung turns to Sojung as if the boy is a mere passerbyer. "Some sick boyfriend you have there."

"Yes, I am her boyfriend, thanks for noticing, and I'd very much appreciate it if you let her go." The guy steps in between them and knocks his elbow into the crook of Taehyung's arm. The latter gasps at the numbing pain and his hand slips away from Sojung's wrist. The girl immediately cradles the red mark and doesn't step out from behind the guy. Him admitting that he's Sojung's seems to push a button in Taehyung and the bully clenches his hands.

"Now you've done it," Taehyung spits and pushes the guy sideways so he doesn't fall onto Sojung. Again, despite his broad torso, Taehyung didn't need to use that much force. In fact, he may have pushed him down too hard. 

"Jin!" Sojung exclaims at his fallen figure. He seems to be cradling the elbow he had landed on; the same one that knocked Taehyung's arm. Jin glares up at Taehyung who smirks in return. "Stop it, Taehyung." Sojung's angry eyes turn on Taehyung and surprises the latter by stepping in between the two boys. "Leave him alone."

Taehyung laughs at her boldness. How ironic of her, to not stand up to him at school, but out here on the streets with a few passerbyers giving them curious looks. "What are you gonna do?" Taehyung steps forward so that if either sways forward, their bodies will touch. "How are you going to protect him when you can't even defend yourself?"

"Taehyung!" Suga's voice sounds from behind Taehyung and the latter turns around to see Suga and Jungkook crossing the street over to the three. 

"What are you doing hyung?" Jungkook hisses into Taehyung's ear. "You can't start a fight out here on the streets."

"I know that," Taehyung quietly growls back, but he feels the need to beat some pain into this guy. They haven't met properly, but Jin is starting to get on Taehyung's nerves.

Next to Taehyung, Suga's eyes flick from Sojung to Jin who has stood up and is staying close to Sojung, black eyes on Taehyung. "Who's this?" Suga's thumb points to the tall teenager.

"Some jerk," Taehyung and Jin's left eye twitches, though he remains his cool. Sojung is staring up at the bully and two half-bullies, clenching her jaw. 

"Please leave us alone," she says and Taehyung smirks at the nervousness in her voice. Abruptly, Sojung turns on her heels and drags Jin away, not giving the bullies a second glance.

"Hey!" Taehyung starts, his feet propelling him forward but a hand lashes out and latches onto Taehyung's wrist. Suga's iron grip. 

"Leave it," Suga says and looks back at the pizza cafe. "Whatever you were getting yourself into, it's stupid to do it out in the open." 

Jungkook pursues his lips. "I think I've seen that guy before. Last week. They were sitting near a park, Sojung and him, holding hands. I think they went for a smooch but I turned away."

It's like a grenade exploded in Taehyung.

"Were you really going to fight him?" Suga asks, oblivious to Taehyung shaking with fury.

Taehyung spits at the ground, trying to cool off from his anger and swallows down a wall built from annoyance and a mysterious emotion. "Of course not." He turns towards the pizza cafe and leads the two there. "It wouldn't be any fun winning a fight in ten seconds."

Jungkook chuckles and Suga makes a comment however Taehyung doesn't hear it as he is trying to decipher a foreign-yet-familiar feeling choking him inside. It is the core emotion, encouraging his rage, irritation and frustration. It's encouraging all the negative feelings and thoughts in his head, making him want to punch or break something.  And Taehyung realises that he knows the feeling all too well. 

It's the same emotion that had binded him up and turned him into the bully he is today. It's such a petty emotion to pulse through the body, yet Taehyung couldn't get it out of his system. He has experienced this emotion many times in the past, and hated every minute of it. Taehyung has turned violent, dangerous and cold to banish this feeling inside his body, to forbid it from coming back. It worked for the past few years, but now it has returned. 

Kim Taehyung is jealous.

 

 

"I'm sorry again for-"

"Shhh," Jin cuts her off by placing his index finger on his lips. His eyes showed no pain, annoyance or anger. Only love. "He's a prick, I know." Jin's head tilts sideways and Sojung's heart leaps at how cute he looks from this angle. "Does he bother you a lot at school?" A deep rumble sounded from the tall boy.

Sojung smiles and rests her forehead against Jin's chest. "It doesn't matter. Spending time with you makes it all worthwhile." Jin's hand lifts to Sojung's hair but even without looking Sojung knows that Jin isn't satisfied with that answer, though he is flattered.

"I'll transfer and set him into his place."

Sojung jerks her head away from his chest and her eyes widen at the determination written on Jin's face. She softly smiles. "It'd be you against six of them. Don't be silly."

Jin refuses to waver. "I don't care."

"We only have half the year left before we graduate. I'm getting better at escaping them. Actually it's only Taehyung." Wrong thing to say, as Sojung feels Jin tense. "Taehyung's pretty easy to avoid. You just have to get the timing right. I'm serious." Sojung sighs and takes Jin's hand in hers. "I'll be fine."

Jin's eyes doesn't budge from the coffee table and the determination is still there. Sojung bites her lip and tries a different tactic. "You know if you were in the school, that will only make Taehyung even more irritated. Believe me, he's unavoidable when he's really mad. I'll be better off without your help. Please, Jin. Don't try and get into trouble."

Jin's eyes dart to Sojung's pleading ones and he sighs. "Okay fine. But if I see so much as a bruise-" Jin's eyes flicks to her wrist and they darken, ". . . another bruise, I will find him." 

Sojung smiles and leans into him. "I"ll be fine, but okay."

However "fine" doesn't belong in fate's game.

 

 

He slams her into the lockers again and her head hits the metal. Everyone scatters, leaving the hallway empty again except for them two and J-Hope, hanging at the side. "Does your petty boyfriend want to fight?" Taehyung hisses into Sojung'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter