[ Jimin ]

[Army] Battery BTS One-Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[ She's Terrible ]

Kim Jaein is Kim Taehyung's little sister by one year. Jimin and Taehyung are really close friends and it's going to be the first time Jimin visits Taehyung's home when Jaein is finally home. She's never home because she's always out with her friends, but she got grounded after staying at a friend's house without telling her parents. Jimin and Jaein meet when Jimin visits the Kim house and Jimin falls in love at first sight. Jimin starts to come every single day to hang with Taehyung *ahem* actually Jaein *ahem* while Jaein is still grounded. Taehyung finally asks why is Jimin coming so often and Jimin exposes that he's in love with his little sister. Taehyung was going to barf, but accepts to help him. There is the homecoming dance coming up and they plan to write on a board in her room that says, "I want to go to homecoming, but I'd rather go with my girlfriend. So.. will you be my girlfriend?" Jimin pops out of nowhere with a bouquet of roses and she says yes.

Genre/s: Romance and Fluff
Appearances of other BTS members: Kim Taehyung as Kim Jaein's older brother.

 

xx

 

"Jaein! Come down and fold the laundry!" the mother yells from the kitchen.

"No!" Jaein shouts back, slamming the door with force to emphasise her anger. She's furious at her parents for punishing her just because she forgot to tell them she was spending the afternoon at her friend's. Jaein was enjoying herself with cookies two days ago when her parents rang and demanded for her to come back. Jaein always visits her friends; she doesn't see why it's necessary to keep notifying her parents. It's basically become a part of her weekly routine.

"Jaein!" her mother roars and Jaein growls and kicks her door.

"Fine!" the girl hollers and opens the door, not caring that the doorknob hits the wall and probably chips off some paint in the process. 

"Yah, quiet down will you? You're always so noisy," Taehyung calls from his room as he hears Jaein stomp past. Jaein hisses a "Shut up" to him and proceeds to carry out her mother's orders, all the while silently fuming.

What would the girls be doing right now while I'm stuck here? Jaein thinks in her head as she picks up Taehyung's underwear in disgust. I bet they're crying their eyes out at that new drama released last week while indulging on pizza and milkshakes.

Jaein winces at the thought of pizza and milkshakes. How she despises to be home right now. 

"Mum!" Taehyung calls from the stairs. "Can my mate come over tomorrow? You haven't met him before."

"What's his name?" came the reply.

"Jimin."

"Alright."

"Thanks Mum!" Taehyung smirks at Jaein sitting on her knees and the younger scowls. It is almost as if her brother invited this Jimin over to taunt her. As Taehyung stalks off back to his room, Jaein finds it hard to tackle the wall of anger and frustration. 

Fine, Jaein growls in her head. If you're gonna bring a friend over and rub it in my face, I'll make sure this guy will have a very warm welcome. Jaein smirks as a plan starts forming in her head. Suddenly, Jaein is excited to be at home for once.

 

 

"Oh yeah, I just remembered. My mum baked peanut-butter chocolate fudge brownies for us today." Hana snaps her fingers and grins at the girls, who jump in excitement.

"Oh my god, I love your mum's cooking!"

"I know right, they're the best!"

"Can we like run? I need them in my mouth right this second."

Among the group of five girls, one is standing facing away from them, an ugly scowl on her face. "Way to rub it in," Jaein spits and turns around to glare at the girls. They immediately stop squealing and apologise for forgetting the girl is grounded. "Whatever." Jaein re-shoulders her bag and walks away. "I gotta get home soon or my punishment will be extended."

"We'll deliver some to yours," Hana offers and Jaein waves her hand.

"Forget it," the girl replies. "Indulging only goes well with dramas." The girls can't help but nod in agreement and wave goodbye to Jaein. 

Said girl grumbles as she steps out of school grounds. The mention of Hana's mum's heaven cooking not only makes Jaein realise she's famished, but also crave some goodies. She hopes there's some junk in the cupboard when she gets back home. 

Jaein inserts the key into the door and forcefully pushes it open. The door slams into the wall and a boy Jaein has never set eyes on startles from where he is seated on the couch. Jaein's scowl disappears as she takes in the sight of the visitor. The boy has dark brown hair with a fringe reaching his eyebrows. He has a pale complexion and adorns the boys' school uniform of Jaein's high school. 

"Who are you?" Jaein asks curtly, not moving from where she is at the doorway. The boy opens his mouth but the annoying voice of Jaein's brother answers for him. 

"This, would be Jimin. Jimin, meet the world's annoying sister." Taehyung is standing between the living and dining room, a bag of chips in his hand. Jaein's scowl returns at Taehyung's last few words and she bumps the door shut with her hip.

"Bastard." Jaein throws a glare at Taehyung's direction and stomps past the two boys, up the stairs and into the only sanctuary in the house: her room. She slams her door and flings her bag to the side, promptly turning on some music and spreading out on her bed. She sighs as she slowly loses herself into the music, but doesn't get too far into it as her door swings open and Taehyung's angry figure stands at her doorway.

"Turn your music down!" he hollers and crosses her room as the younger sibling sits up and protests. "It's way too loud! Are you deaf?"

"It's not even at full volume!" Jaein retorts.

"You're one bar from the highest! Are you nuts?! Jimin and I can't even hear each other from your bloody bad-taste music!" Before Jaein can shout back, Taehyung slams the door. Jaein looks at her speakers to see that her brother has taken the cord, deeming her speakers unavailable to use. Jaein lets out a scream of anger and flops back onto her bed, her hatred for her brother growing by the minute. Her relationship with her brother is very complicated. One minute they would be siding with each other and up against a parent or two, the next they would be throwing insults back and forth and slamming doors.

Jaein growls. She's not allowed to see her friends and Taehyung's taken the only way she enjoys her music right under her nose. What in the world would she do for the rest of the day?

Jaein stares sulkingly at her ceiling for a moment before her torso shoots up and her eyes widen. Slowly a smirk returns across her face as she remembers the plan she devised yesterday.

If Taehyung ruins Jaein's afternoon, it's only fair that she ruins his.

 

 

A figure moves in the corner of JImin's eye and the said boy plus his friend turns their head to see who it is. Jaein drops onto the couch next to Jimin with her legs crossed. Jimin is taken aback and breaks his position from leaning back onto the couch. It's strange that she's only a year younger than Taehyung and him, and attends the same high school yet Jimin can not label her under as familiar. He can, however, label her under cute.

"Hello!" Jaein chirps as Taehyung pauses the movie and throws a look at his sister.

"What are you doing here?" he asks gruffly.

Confusion crosses Jaein's face. "What do you mean what am I doing here? This is my house too. It's not like you have the right to kick me out." She unfolds her legs and stretches, and Jimin looks away quickly as her school shirt hugs her torso, his heart beating faster and faster.

Taehyung's look of annoyance doesn't leave his face. "Go away Jaein, don't bother us."

"That's mean," Jaein replies in a nonchalant voice and reaches over to grab a chip from the bowl.

"Hey! Get your own!" Taehyung swats at his sister's hand but the chip disappears into .

"Quit being so whining and just play the damn movie." Jaein her lips and makes herself comfortable. Jimin hears his friend mutter something about being stubborn and he unknowingly smiles to himself. 

The movie resumes. It is a cliche action movie, with comedy embedded into it to interest viewers. Taehyung and his sister are absorbed into the plot however Jimin couldn't find it in himself to concentrate on the movie, despite being the one to read a review on the movie and specifically ask to watch it. Who could focus on the movie when you have a beautiful girl sitting an arm's length away from you? Jimin feels so nervous that he doesn't touch the chip bowl once; he is too afraid of something embarassing happening to him such as somehow falling off the couch.

Is this what they call love at first sight?

Jimin listens as Taehyung and Jaein both chuckle, frequently laughing at a few scenes. He smiles at her voice. 

The movie ends and by this time, Jimin has gotten used to Jaein's presence and his heart has slowed to a moderate rate. A faint tingly feeling on his skin remains, however, and only maximises as Jaein directly talks to Jimin.

"Jimin, isn't it? Didn't you find the movie funny? I don't think I heard you laugh once."

She noticed me, Jimin can't help but think in his mind. 

"You laugh at everything," Taehyung shoots Jimin a confused look, "and this movie was hilarious. A good choice though. . ." Jimin exhales in relief when Taehyung doesn't give him a chance to think up of an excuse as the brother turns to Jaein with a cold stare. "Now go away."

"No." Jaein holds Taehyung's gaze while Jimin sits there a little awkwardly. 

He clears his throat. "Um, can you guys not-" Jimin is cut off as Jaein abruptly stands up and disappears into living room. Jimin leans back and sees that she is entering the kitchen. 

"Finally," Taehyung sighs and stretches. "God I'm so tired. How about we just sleep, yeah?" 

Jimin gives a yawn. "Sure," he says and follows Taehyung's lead, heaving his legs up to where Jaein was sitting a minute ago and closing his eyes. Slowly, the tingly feeling disappears and his heartbeat comes down to its normal beat. 

Jimin doesn't have time to lose himself into slumber as he hears a voice that makes his heart race again. "Taehyung!" She seemed to be singing. "I made drinks for our guest-Oops!" Jimin only just cracks his eyes open before he feels cool liquid splash onto his stomach. Jimin looks at his wet school shirt in confusion. "Oh my gosh, I am so sorry!"

"Jaein!" Taehyung glares at his sister and she jogs off - to which Jimin suspects that she's skipping - with the final sentence, "I'll get a towel!"

"Sorry man," Taehyung sighs as he sits up. "Now do you know what I mean by annoying?"

"It's fine," Jimin laughs it off and looks down at the wet patch. The shirt is absorbing what looks and smells like a smoothie, and because the shirt is white, it's becoming transparent. His abs are starting to become clearly visible. Jimin gulps and wonders if Jaein is one of those girls who rolls her eyes at abs, and Jimin decides whether he should hide his stomach from Jaein.

Too bad that Jimin's thoughts are loud because he doesn't hear Jaein walking up from behind and pushing a towel onto his stomach, wiping it for him. "Sorry about that- whoa! This is hard!" In a second, Jaein has dropped the towel onto the floor and lifted up Jimin's shirt. His eyes widen. "Whoa! You're packed!" Jaein looks over to her brother who has snuggled back into the couch, probably half-asleep. "Oi, idiot. How come you never told me you had friends who are packed!"

Jimin mutters an "Umm" and steps away from Jaein's grip, the shirt clinging back onto his stomach. He is reluctant to not be standing right next to Jaein and wouldn't have moved away but he doesn't want to seem suspicious to Taehyung. At least not yet. 

When Taehyung doesn't anwer, Jaein turns back towards Jimin and smiles - ripping the net full of butterflies in his stomach. "How long did it take you to get your stomach to be so tight?"

Her voice sounded innocent and pure: the opposite of the girls who come up to Jimin in a flirtatious manner. "Um," Jimin clears his throat and is glad to find himself not blushing, "not that long, you just gotta stay motiv

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter