[ Jin ]

[Army] Battery BTS One-Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[An Early Valentines Serenade]

Male lead from BTS: Jin
Name of female lead: Lee Bi An
Description of plot: where Jin is a professional chocolatier and trainee Bian is a clumsy and klutzy girl, making him frustrated and teaching her personally. He sometimes brings her around to sample stuff to make her Better? Idk(good ending Juseyo)
Setting: patisserie, cafes
Perspective of the narrator: third person
Genre/s: however you want to write it :)
Appearances of other BTS members (if yes, state who, and their relationship with the male/female lead): BTS as the cameo in the patisserie? Taehyung as the trainee who was in the same cooking course as her(strangers that bond though being klutzy?)
Picture/gif (optional):

xx

Three weeks and four days worth of classes, six hours per class, one hour of detention added each day Lee Bi An made a mistake (so seven hours per class), and one really persistent instructor, bent on teaching her how to properly become a chocolatier, and ruin her life in the process.

It was hell, all of it, but everyday she showed up at the Devil's workplace, commonly known as "Choco Cafe," and took the crap he dealt her on a silver plate made of the crappiest of crap for as long as she could manage, for as long as her patience could wear thin.  And she had always been good at games of patience.

The only other thing that was holding her rather fiery temper in order was the fact that she both deserved and needed all the extra time assigned to her in the kitchen.  She had long since accepted the fact that she was just clumsy and messy… and klutzy, and accident-prone, and a hazard to all others in the general vicinity; but that didn’t mean she meant to knock over Youngjae’s chocolate tower, or elbow D.O’s picture-perfect fountain, or crack her instructor’s final creation at the end of last week…  It just happened.

Besides, Mr. Kim wasn't really that mean, his constant presence was just annoying.

So she stood quietly behind the cold counter, chilled in order to avoid melting anything, and waited for Seokjin to show his face.  Being a chocolatier had always been a silly dream of hers, albeit a distant one, and she had spent the better part of college studying everything she could get her hands on, learning up a bit in art in case her previously-set future went awry (which for most people, it did).  Hands-on experience, however, was a different story, as most people who knew her didn’t want her working in their kitchen.

But with age comes opportunity, and an old professor signed her up for a special class meant to take her clumsy traits and turn them into something beneficiary.  ‘Everyone who takes it comes out with at least three job requests,’ he had said, and she took his word.  Unfortunately, she wasn’t able to foresee the downward slope of confidence she would be receiving, because from the moment she saw the stern and lecturing visage of Kim Seokjin, she knew it was all over.

“Miss Lee?” a confused, slightly hesitant voice asked, and Bian turned to the door.  He was standing there, looking very perplexed and off-handedly pleased to see her.

“Yes, Mr. Kim?” she inquired, and he pulled his apron over his head as he made his way over to stand near her.

“Why are you here?”  She glanced at him, confused, before looking at her hands nervously respectfully.

“You told me to meet you after class, ‘as to be expected’ if I remember correctly.”  It was his turn to return a blank gaze.

“Miss Lee,” he scolded.  “That was yesterday.  You did everything right today, 'if I remember correctly', which you quite clearly did not.”  Her oncoming, snarky comment was halted in its disrespectful footprints, and she could see her wide eyes in the reflection of his brown ones.

Oh…

“Well, if I don’t need to stay, I’ll be going.”  She packed as she spoke, hoping to escape his chocolaty fingers before their informative twitch closed around her, the fresh embarrassment evident in her rushed and shaky actions.

“While you’re here, though, Miss Lee…”  Shoot.  “You might as well here me out on a few things.”  No way.

“Of course,” she chirped, and he shrugged the apron back on.

“Because I’m supposed to be working now, you’ll help me with real customers and their orders.”  She gulped.  “Namjoon is out there at the register, and he just informed me of a large order, just come in over the phone.”  She gulped again.  “Come on, someone’s waiting for us.”

He brought out a large block of dark chocolate, speckled with a vein of white chocolate running through it all the way.  They were carving the heart-shaped tops to fudge squares that were already baked; later, a sugar heart was to be pressed into the center as the “cherry on top.”  She told herself, and repeated, and reiterated, and convinced herself that it wouldn’t be that hard.

He gave her a fancy cookie cutter and block knife stepping back to allow her the room to get the deed done.  She began by slicing a slab away from the block, and, trying in earnest to calm her riled nerves, she punched out five flat, thick hearts.

“So far, so good.”  I haven’t done anything difficult yet.  “The hardest part is smoothing the edges cleanly.”

That was the herder part, and the one she always botched during class, but she tried not to think about that.

A smaller knife meant smaller alterations, and smaller alterations meant smaller mistakes, so she pulled a one-inch blade from the drawer at her hip, jostling Seokjin in the process as he had shifted closer while she worked.

“I hope you know,” he began as she began.  “You’re actually one of my favorite students.”  Never would’ve guessed.  “You have such potential.”  As everyone says.  “Even more than I did when I was younger.”  How old are you?  “I only wish you could tame that jittery personality of yours; you’d so much more done if you did.

“Working on it, Mr. Kim,” she mumbled as the knife peeled away layer after layer of thin choco.

“That’s why I’d like to make you my apprentice.”

“Wha-OH!” she cried out as her shock-induced jump caused the knife to cut cleanly through the chocolate and into her thumb… to the bone.  The metal cut so cleanly that the incision was but a thin line in the pad of her finger, until the blood began to spill out and the knife clattered harmlessly to the ground.  She clutched her hand to her chest as she cursed.

“Bian!” Seokjin worriedly called, pulling her to the sink gently and prying bloody fingers away from her once white apron.  “Give me your hand.”  She did, and he took it in his own carefully, guiding it under the stream of running water in a hope to calm the raging tidal wave of red.

Apprentice?  But that means-

“Miss Lee, are you listening to me?”  Bian snapped out of her trance and refocused on her instructor, who didn’t look as cross as he sounded.  “I asked if you were ok.”

“Oh.”  She blinked happily.  “More than ok, if you’re really offering me the apprenticeship.  With that under my belt and your name on a resume-”  Her excite rant didn’t last as long as originally intended, though, because of a little thing called gravity.

Her feet somehow managed to go from a standstill to lightening speed, like a 420 on a jibe, as they slipped on the pool of water collecting at their feet.  She yelped as her head hit the floor and wheezed as another body slammed into hers, knocking very precious air form her lungs.  He exhaled sharply on impact as well, but she watched the breath get caught in his throat.

She didn’t quite understand why until she fully grasped the situation:  He was bent over her, knees on either side of her hips and face hovering dangerously close to her own, hair framing his face perfectly.  And for a moment, one measly, she felt her heart race.

“Yo,” a voice startled them from their mutually interlaced stupor.  “I must’ve forgotten my Subway card here, because when I checked out it was gone and I was like ‘oh my god’ and~ woah…”  Taehyung from class walked into the kitchen and around counters, coming to a halt at their heads.  She held her breath as if it would make her newly-made best friend disappear; he didn’t.  “If this is why you didn’t want me to give you a ride, you should’ve said so.”

Seokjin was awoken from his moment of unprofessionalism and stumbled to stand, hitting his head on the counter.  Tae sounded annoyed, and Bian could tell that the other male in the room had picked up on his little vibe.

“Sorry Taehyung; I just fell and he was there.  It’s nothing.”  He looked at her skeptically, before stepping forward to her side, judgingly looking at Seokjin.

“Anyways, since my Subway card obviously isn’t here and I saw the bus pull out on the way in here, why don’t I-”

“How about I drive you home, Bian?” Seokjin interrupted, and she nearly choked.  Didn’t he realize what he was doing?  In front of Taehyung!

“Nuh, I got her,” Tae said quietly, a look of confused annoyance splashed across his fine features.  “You go back to you chocolate stabbing…  Oh my god, Bee!”  He lurched forward and grabbed her arm, making her winch with the short burst of pain.  “What did he do?!”

“I didn’t do-”

“Come here, come here; careful, don’t squeeze it!  Hold it above your heart!”  Taehyung proved to be more productive that his elder hyung, and bandaged her up in mere minutes, finishing with a red band-aid.  “Perfect, no more blood!”

“I cut myself while working over there; thanks Tae,” she explained, barely getting the last handful of words out before he locked her in a playful chokehold.

“Glad you’re ok, Bee; anything for you,” he cooed, pinching her cheeks until they were rosy.  The two had bonded over detentions spent together when the only living thing other than Mr. Do-it-right-or-don’t-do-it was each other, as he was nearly as clumsy as she was.  The difference was, he had improved drastically, and even though she had more “potential” or theoretical skill, he could create simple things, without incident.  That didn’t stop them from becoming inseparable.

“If I had known he was your boyfriend, I never would’ve offered to take you home, Miss Lee; pardon my rudeness,” Seokjin muttered, and she had to admit, she liked it better when he called her “Bian.”

Tae snorted, and she waited for his chastising voice to inform their instructor that they were, in fact, not together.  “About that…  I don’t appreciate you hitting on my girl.”

“Once again, I apologize for-”

“What!” She exclaimed, and Seokjin looked up nervously, somehow intimidated by the shorter, less broad Taehyung.  “We are not dating; don’t be an idiot.”  The other guy stared, and leant against the counter to watch the scene play out in from of him.

“It was a bluff, Bee; I wanted to see if you would back off if he knew you had a boyfriend.”

“I don’t have a boyfriend, Kim Taehyung!”

“I know!  I know.  But.”  He paused and shifted to face her, tipping his head to nod at Seokjin.  “But he backed off way too easily; there’s no way he’s taking a solid interest in developing a healthy relationship with youuuuuoooooowww!”  He drawled on in a pained protest as Bian grabbed his ear and yanked him down to her height.

“Yah, and if he had put up a fight, you would’ve said he was too pushy.  Either way, he loses,” She scolded him, and he managed to crack a smirk that lasted until she twisted his ear harshly for being a moron.  “And he doesn’t want a relationship, he wants to drive me home.”  Tae pointed a finger at her.

“And stay the night, too!”

“Come on, Seokjin; you have to drive me now,” she sighed, letting go of the poor shorter man and grabbing her bag.  “I refuse to drive with this lump of idiocy, and it’s already 6:30.  I haven’t even begun thinking about what to make for dinner.”

“Sure thing, Miss Lee; just let me grab my keys, and oh:  Tell Namjoon that he has to get Daehyung in, he’ll have to work my shift.”  Bian muttered a “sure” and made her way to the door leading to “behind-the-counter,” shooting a glare in Tae’s direction before ducking into the main room of the pastry café.  Namjoon, a senior employee always helping out in the kitchen, was on register duty: his least favorite.

“Lee,” he called amiably, resting a hip against the register, “you should finish training and take the counter job here; I’m no people person.”

“Oh, we all know, Namjoon,” she chuckled, “but you shouldn’t be talking to me now; you’re on shift.”  He snorted and turned to look at the empty room, and sighed.

“Everyone calls in, there’s no need for all the chairs anymore.”

“Yah?  Well, this register shift is funding your pay check at the moment, so you can’t really complain.”

“You think so? I’m complaining to you right now, aren’t I?”

“So many questions, so little answers,” Seokjin sang sweetly as he entered the room.  “Oh, look, so little time.  Come on, I wanna get you home before Daehyung even shows up.”  He pointed at Namjoon, who understood his little message and leaned over towards the phone.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter