A Slap and Realization

Not So Ordinary

V ran his hand through his hair in frustration. Why was Joy acting so weird? And when did she all of a suddenly become so close to Yugyeom? Yes, they were in the same class, but that didn’t mean they had to walk together after school almost every day. Once or twice he had seen him eating lunch with Joy and her friends. Joy never invited V to eat lunch with her, so why was she treating Yugyeom differently.

 As predicted, Joy was not in her seat and V had no choice but to go back to his classroom or occupy himself for the time being.

“V.” Hearing his name, he excitedly turned around hoping it was Joy.

“No, that didn’t sound like her.” He thought before turning to see a familiar girl.

“Can we talk?” She meekly asked, and V had to strain his ears to hear her.

“Uh, sure.” He followed her to a secluded area as he tried to remember where he had seen her before.

“Ah, you’re Sujeong right?” He asked suddenly remembering.

“Oh, y..you forgot?” She stuttered and V couldn’t help but feel bad.

“No, not really.” He lied, he wasn’t the best at remembering names.

“Well, I just wanted to talk to you about what I said last time.”

Ah, Sujeong! Now he remembered where he had seen her from. She was the girl he was talking to when Joy suddenly ran away. Till now, he never did find out why Joy had run away.

“You said you liked me and I said I liked you too.” V nonchalantly say, unaware that the girl was blushing.

“That’s right. You said you liked me.” She repeated to herself.

“Is there something wrong?” V wasn’t sure where this was going and he was getting a little impatient.

“You like me right?” She asked again.

“Yes. I like you. Just like I like Jungkook, Mark, BamBam, Hayoung, Yerin, Chanmi, and almost anyone who goes to this school.”

Slap.

V’s face stung. He stared wide eyes at Sujeong and placed a hand over his burning cheek.

“You’re so mean. How could you say things like that?”

“I really liked you and it took me so much courage to finally tell you.”

“I was so happy when you said you liked me back, but then you ran after some girl without even glancing back at me.”

“I didn’t know what to think. Did you like me? Now I know you didn’t really mean it. How could you be so mean?” She asked as tears threatened to fall from her eyes.

V didn’t know how to respond. This was the first time he had ever been slapped and it didn’t feel so good. What made it worst was that it felt like it was his fault and he actually deserved the slap.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to make you feel that way.” He managed to mumble out. He was really feeling bad towards her. He did like Sujeong and it was never his intentions to make her cry.

She wiped her tears and sighed, “well, I guess it can’t be help.”

“At least now I know how you really feel about me.”

“I’m glad you at least like me as much as you like Jungkook, Mare, BamBam, and everyone else you named.”

“I’m sorry for taking your time V and for slapping you. I should be going now.” She said before leaving V alone to contemplate what just occurred.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

“Jungkook ah, Jungkook ah. Girls are so confusing.” He shouted the moment he saw Jungkook.

“What is it now hyung?” Jungkook asked. What on earth did his hyung do now?

“Sujeong slapped me today.” The older boy grumpily said.

“What. She slapped you. Wow. What did you do?” It was amusing to hear that V had gotten slapped.

“I don’t know,” but Jungkook somehow did.

“Is it wrong to say you like someone?”

“Depends I guess, on the situation or circumstance. Why did you tell someone you liked them?”

“Yeah. I told Sujeong that I liked her. Like I liked you, BamBam, Mark, Hayoung, Yerin, and Chanmi.”

Jungkook mentally face palmed himself. V was seriously clueless. No wonder Joy had given up on him. Speaking of Joy, he noticed that she had suddenly become very close to Yugyeom, something V was well aware of too. Every now and then, it was always something about Joy, Yugyeom, or Joy and Yugyeom.

“Hyung, you do know that when a girl says she likes you it kind of means more than a normal like. Almost love, but not quite.”

No wondered Sujeong slapped him.  If he was in her position, he would had probably punched the older boy.

“Ah. That’s why she got mad at me? She thought I liked her more than normal. Ah! I feel so bad now. I didn’t know there was a difference. I thought like just meant like.”

“It’s okay V. I’m sure she knows just how clueless you are.”

“Oh do you not like Joy? You didn’t mention her name.” He knew the answer, but wanted to hear it from V himself. V was getting pretty annoying at his constant rants about Joy and Jungkook was finally feeling sympathetic enough to help give V a push. God knows how much he needed it. Besides, Joy had been patient enough and with Yugyeom in the picture, he wasn’t sure how much longer V was going to have before Joy decided to push V out of her life.

It took a while for Jungkook to finally let go of his feelings for Joy and till now he didn’t know if they were really gone, but he wanted to help V and he knew deep down in his heart that V was the only person who could make Joy happy, even if she was denying it at the moment.

“I didn’t?” V asked trying to think over what he said.

“You must not like Joy then.” Jungkook smirked when he saw V’s shocked face and knew his plan was slowly working.

“No. I like Joy a lot. More than any other girl I have ever met. She’s very special to me.” Jungkook wished Joy was here to hear all of this.

“I don’t think so. You seem to always have some other girl vying for your affection. You know Joy won’t always be there for you. I mean look at her now. She’s probably off having fun with Yugyeom right now. Completely forgetting about you.”

“NO! I can’t let that happen!” V shouted before sprinting off in what Jungkook could only presume was the direction of Joy’s house.

“Good luck hyung,” and boy, did he need it.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Yay! V is going after Joy now. Thank you Sujeong and Jungkook.

Sadly I think the next chapter will be the last chapter. I think I dragged it long enough...lol.

Thanks for all the support so far!