Morning Walk

Not So Ordinary

Joy wondered how she should act towards V, and was thankful she had the whole weekend to think it over, only the weekend was over and she still didn’t know how she should act. She had successfully avoided V throughout the rest of that day and when she heard her name in the distance before leaving school she purposely sprinted out the gates.

She wondered if V and that girl were now a couple, but decided not to dwell on it too much, for the thought of V being with someone else made her heart hurt. At any rate, she knew she’ll find the answer soon enough, for today was Monday and that meant she had school. News traveled quickly at school and V was somehow always the topic of choice.

It had become a habit of hers to look at herself in the mirror one last time before going down the stairs, a habit she supposed started after meeting V. Grabbing a piece of toast, she put on her shoes and shouted “I’m off” before leaving the sanctuary of her house.

She dreaded going to school. Not only was V a problem, but she knew she would have to deal with Jungkook as well. He had after all, seen her crying and had even questioned her about V.

“Did he tell V?” She sure hope he didn’t. It was too embarrassing. She wished she could just forget the whole thing.

Taking a bite of her toast she opened the gate to her house and was surprised to see V leaning against her fence.

“Yah, you took too long.” He pouted as he pointed to his watch.

“Wh..what are you doing here?” She asked, half hoping she was just imagining him.

“I came to apologize.”

“For what? For blowing me off? For liking someone else? For making me like you?” There was a lot of things he needed to apologize for.

“For forgetting about meeting you.” His face had turned serious and he seemed genuinely upset that Joy was thrown off for a moment, because she had only ever seen V happy or sarcastic V.

“Oh that? I totally forgot about that. I sort of overslept anyway so yeah.” She lied, when it was the opposite. “Anyway let’s get going. Don’t want to be late right?” She jokingly said as she pointed to her imaginary watch. She didn’t like how V was suddenly acting and found herself wishing she was already at school.

The two of them were walking side by side in complete silence, and it was killing Joy. She wrecked her brain trying to come up with anything interesting to say, but her brain didn’t seem to want to work. She then realized that it had always been V who started the conversations. It was always V who made her laugh and V who always came to her. Joy sighed, no wonder he didn’t like her.

“Are you sure you’re not mad at me?” She heard him asked.

“I’m really not mad at you.” She said forcing herself to smile.

“If I was mad at you I wouldn’t be talking or walking with you right now.” She said, hoping he would believe her. It was the truth, she wasn’t all that mad, she was more upset if anything. Yes, at first she was a little mad that he had forgotten, and maybe mad that he didn’t like her, but that wasn’t his fault.

“If you say so, but I still don’t really believe you.”

“I’m really not mad at you anymore.” She said getting slightly annoyed. If she wasn’t mad now, she was surely going to be if he kept questioning her.

“So you were mad at me, because you just said anymore. I knew it, especially after talking to Sujeong-“

“So her name is Sujeong. Ah how lucky she must be to have V like her.” Joy’s thoughts automatically went to the girl she had saw confessing to V and couldn’t help but wished she was her.

“Yah Joy, what are you thinking?” She scolded herself.

“If only I h-“

“JOY!”

A loud honk was heard and Joy felt herself being forcefully pulled backwards. She felt herself collide into something hard. A chest? She wasn’t sure because she had closed her eyes out of reflex. A pair of arms engulfed themselves around her and when Joy was able to open her eyes, she looked up into a pair of worried eyes staring down at her.

“What were you thinking? Didn’t you see the red light? What if you got hit? Don’t ever do that again.” V said as he tighten his hold around the confused girl in his arms.

Joy recognized the cross walked and wondered when they had reached it. Realizing V was still hugging her, Joy felt her cheeks turning red, completely forgetting that she could have been hit just seconds ago.

“You can let go of me now.” She nervously said, though she secretly liked the feeling of being in his arms.

“No. If I do, you might attempt the same thing again. I really couldn’t imagine life without you Joy.” He said, unaware that it made Joy’s heart race.

“Really now, how am I supposed to give up on you if you keep acting like this?”

“Serious V, we’re going to be late if you don’t let go.”

“Fine, but first you have to promise you won’t ever do anything as careless as that again?” He said as he glared at her.

“I promise.” She felt one of his arm move from her back and found a pinky in front of her face.

“Pinky promise.”

Joy sighed, “I pinky promise” and hooked her pinky with his.

When she no longer felt his arm around her Joy quickly removed herself from him and started to straighten herself up. She felt her hair being moved around and stopped what she was doing to stare at the boy.

“You won’t look cute if your hair is all tangled up.”

Joy closed her eyes in frustration.

“Look V, are you dating Su-“

“V!”

The two of them turned in the direction of the voice and Joy’s mouth dropped because there waiting in front of the school gate was perhaps the prettiest girl Joy had ever laid eyes on.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Hey! Sorry it took so long to update this! I hope you guys are still reading it. Anyway, I know I keep making Joy the one with all the feelings, but don't worry V will soon get his chance...lol

I really thought I wrote a lot for this chapter, but really there isn't that much....my deepest apologies.

Happy late birthday to Seulgi! And congratulations to Joy for graduating!

Oh and i'm thinking of writing another story (of course after i finish this one) but i wanted you guys' opinion. Should i make a JoyXJungkook or keep it JoyXV?