Unnies and Feelings

Not So Ordinary

It wasn’t often that Joy had the chance to meet up with her unnies outside of work. Arriving a little earlier than planned, Joy choose a spot by the window to wait for them.

She had a lot of things on her mind; her math test the next week, a paper that was due soon, and feelings she couldn’t understand. Wendy had been observing the girl and decided it was time to have a talk with the younger girl. She had a hint of what was bothering Joy and with the consent of Irene and Seulgi, Wendy called for a girl’s day.

Irene was the first to arrive, and when she spotted Joy she noticed the worried look on her face.

“Park Sooyoung, what’s with the face?” She asked when Joy didn’t acknowledge her.

“Oh when did you get here unnie?” Joy asked.

“I just got here, but really now, what’s with the face?” Irene made herself comfortable in the chair beside Joy.

“I’ll tell you when Seulgi unnie and Wendy unnie gets here.” Joy replied, though she already knew they both knew what was bothering her. It was just Irene would seemed to be out of the loop, but Joy guessed that couldn’t be helped since Irene was always in the back making sure everything at the café ran smoothly.

When Seulgi and Wendy arrived, the girls ordered lunched and started out with small talk.

Seulgi and Wendy were both in college, with Seulgi wanting to be an interior designer while Wendy had opted to go into music to become a musical actress. Irene had been on two dates with a cute customer who had been faithful customer of Red Velvet Café for the last year. 

“Okay, now spill. What’s going on between you and that kid V?” Wendy asked taking a sip of her smoothie.

“Yeah, I keep seeing him at the café.” Irene commented. “Are you two seeing each other?”

“Nothing’s going on between us.” Joy said in between taking bites of her pasta.

“Really now, then why have you been so depressed lately?”

“I’m not depressed.” Joy protested with still full.

“Okay, fine maybe not depressed but there’s certainly something wrong with you and I know it’s not school.” Seulgi corrected herself.

Joy knew she couldn’t win. Swallowing her food, she sighed.

“It’s complicated. No. Maybe I’m just making it complicated.” She started.

“If it involves a boy, it’s always complicated.” Wendy interjected, gaining nodding approval from both Irene and Seulgi.

“Well I know V and I are friends, but there are times when I’m not so sure anymore.”

“What do you mean? Like does he stop talking to you?” Wendy asked confused.

“No, not like that. The things he does, the way he behaves around me makes me….makes me wonder if he likes me.”

“V is this incredibly handsome, charming, funny, weird person, but he’s really fun to be with. He’s liked a lot at school. A lot of girls like him too, so he can’t like me right?”

“But every time I tell myself it’s that, I remember all the things he has done; like skipping school and coming to my house to watch me sleep for like a good three hours when I was sick, giving me a back hug when I told him I was going to cook for him.”

“Not only that, but just last week he almost got into a fight with Yugyuem because Yugyuem had decided to stay at his desk during break and V wanted to sit there.”

“Is that normal behavior? I ask that all the time, but V just isn’t normal so even if we said it wasn’t normal behavior it wouldn’t even apply to V. I just don’t get him and I doubt anyone but himself does. Does he like me as a friend or does he like me more than a friend?”

“I don’t know if he’s like this with everyone you know? I mean I seen him interact with other girls and he’s certainly friendly, so it could just be his nature to be friendly. I mean I don’t know what he does with other girls. For all I know he could have done the same with any other girl. He probably just sees me as a really good friend.”

 “Are you finished?”  Irene asked looking a bit overwhelmed by Joy’s complicated feelings.

Joy nodded her head. She didn’t realize how much talking she had done, but she felt good. It felt good to talk about about everything that had been running through in her mind.

“I think the real question here is do you like V?” Wendy asked in a serious tone. Joy blushed at the question and nervously grabbed her drink to take a sip.

“Really now Joy, Wendy is right. It can’t be help that we don’t really know or understand V, but that doesn’t matter. What matters is how you feel. If you like him then you like him and if you don’t then it shouldn’t matter if he likes you or not.” Seulgi said, just as equally serious as Wendy.  

“Do I like V?” She asked herself. “What do I do if I like him then?”

Irene shook her head but smiled, “It’s really simple Joy. Tell him that you like him.”

Joy was thankful for her unnies. They had offered her a fun filled day with shopping and eating, but most importantly they gave her advice on how to deal with her growing feelings.

As she walked home, their words ran through her mind “Do you like him?”

Did she like V? She had to like him or she wouldn’t be bothered so much by his actions. Whenever they were together, she always found herself smiling or laughing. There was never a dull moment with him. She had unknowingly fallen for V and his odd behavior. His random burst of energy and his strange ideas of having fun were now things she looked forward too.

“Lalalala Happiness.” Searching for her phone in her bag, Joy smiled when she saw who was calling.

“JOY!” The caller screamed when she answered the call, causing Joy to wince in pain but nonetheless smiled. He could always make her smile by just saying her name.

“Ya! There’s no need to scream.” She shouted through the phone and heard him chuckling.

“Sorry. I just got a little excited.”

“Ah hyung, stop talking on the phone. We’re playing a game right now.” She heard someone say in the back ground.

“Sorry Jungkook, but I wanted know how Irene noona was doing.” Joy frowned.

“You called me to ask how Irene unnie was doing?” She asked annoyed.

“Haha…no. I just wanted to see what your reaction was going to be like. You’re annoyed right?” She could hear the mischief in his voice and despite shaking her head she was wearing a smile.

“YAH Jungkook, how could you let that happen? Aish.” She wondered what game they were playing, but decided not ask since she knew that would only cause Jungkook to hate her even more. Why did he hate her so much?

She had once asked V, but V laughed it off saying "Jungkook doesn't hate you. He's always like that. Even to me."

“I just called to check up on you. Are you home yet?” Joy’s heart stopped beating.

“What do I do if I like him?”

 “It’s really simple Joy. Tell him that you like him.”

“V, I need to tell you something. Can we meet up tomorrow before school?” Joy blurted.

“What is it? You can tell me now.”

“No. I’ll tell you tomorrow. I’m home now, but I’ll see you tomorrow right?”

“Sure, I’ll come pick you up tomorrow before school. Bye, I’ll hang up now since Jungkook is glaring at me.” He said before hanging up the phone.

Looking up at the night sky, Joy smiled. She made up her mind, she was going to confess her feelings to V.

“Fighting!” She shouted before running inside her house.

******************************************************************************************************************************

Is this a bit rushed? Should Joy and V have more interactions before Joy starts to like him? LOL...

Once again I would like to thank those of you who subscribed, it does make me happy (comments are fun too!)

Also thanks for the comments!

Questions in the comments:

@citratyass: Hmm...Jungkook had a different purpose in this story, but your suggestion (was it as suggestion? LOL) of a love-line is tempting. I do like Jungkook a lot and liked I mention before, I originally started reading JoyXJungkook stories so we'll see how things work out.

@youngiefm: It was in the chapter, but I guess I didn't make it clear. Oopss.. lol, but Joy's mom let him in and left her alone with him.