7. Fix

Amnesia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

7. FIX

// i remember how i used to love the stupid little things of us//

 

 

Kim Myungsoo was pretty sure, no, he was absolutely sure that he will get his fired from the nicest job he could ever imagine. Being a photographer is always his dream, and being an editor is his other ambition. His company is a prestigious magazine, which is a plus and they pay him pretty well every month. What on the freaking earth did he actually think to not coming to the office, lying to his boss, being an idiot, basically. Park Saerin just stared at him, completely showing her unhappy face. “All you can see is me?” Saerin stated once more, it actually made Myungsoo feel stupid for saying such things. “Well, of course you will find it stupid but I’m saying the truth. We just met a few days ago, I get it,” Myungsoo shrugged but immediately slapped himself mentally. “For your information, I did not find it stupid, rather amusing, actually,” Saerin said as she rest her head on her chair. “Amusing as in you wants me to continue the version of my story or amusing as in you finally gets a perfect plot to fire me?” Myungsoo raised his eyebrow. “If I find your story interesting then I will consider on keeping you as my employer,” Saerin said with a flat tone, which scare Myungsoo more. “I had an amnesia, and the pictures are coming back, Miss Park. They all just suddenly come back and somehow they are fighting to get into my brain first. My childhood won though. But there is a certain one image. The girl, there is someone who always appears in my nightmares become clear, I can see her now and it’s you,” Myungsoo blurted out. “How you seem to be completely sure it was me is interesting,” Saerin replied.”I am not only seemed to be completely sure, I perfectly know and certain that it is you, Miss Park,” Myungsoo snapped. “So, rather than living in a blur like I did for the past five years, here I am, standing in front of you, asking you personally, whether you have any idea about who am I before a couple days ago. I will not spy on you or stalk you, it’s more efficient this way,” Myungsoo continued.

“We are high school friends,” Saerin said. She knows the best not to lie, because she can feel the rage and confusion from the man standing in front of her. She started the game, she is the one who wanted to test whether she still brings an impact to Myungsoo, and she still does, apparently. “Do I have a girlfriend back then? Is she my girlfriend now?” Myungsoo asked the ultimate question of all. “Yes and no,” Saerin replied. “Do you know her?” Myungsoo asked. I am her, you . Saerin literally screamed inside. Saerin just nodded slightly. “She came to our apartment a couple days ago,” Myungsoo sighed suddenly. Saerin was quite taken aback by the statement, Myungsoo remembers the apartment, and she is still not sure whether she should be happy or not. After all, Saerin still can’t decide the best thing to do right now and she still loves Myungsoo, which make everything even worse. “She took out all of the remaining things about us. What a perfect timing, I can say,” Myungsoo sighed, again. Saerin can immediately feel that Myungsoo knows something bigger and he just have to wait for the right time to say it out loud. Something like, ‘I think you know her since you keep appearing on my dream, hey it could be a hint, right’. There was silence, the tense was almost visible and it was suffocating. It didn’t feel like they both in the office, it didn’t feel like Saerin was about to fire Myungsoo. “What a perfect timing, Park Saerin,” Myungsoo muttered in a low voice. It was so low that Saerin almost choked at the statement. Saerin was wrong; she has underestimated her own power to affect Kim Myungsoo.

“You are wrong, Myungsoo,” Saerin said. Lies, but that’s the only thing Saerin could possibly think. She did not expect Myungsoo to remembers this fast. “Which part?” Myungsoo replied, his cold façade was showing. Saerin always knows that Myungsoo has another face; it’s not surprising for her to see him like this. “Everything you think you know,” Saerin stated. Myungsoo was staring at her with his deep brown captivating eyes, showing a disbelief gaze. “Am I or am I not your ex-boyfriend who cheated on you and made you ran away from this country whom recently you found out have suffered amnesia?” Myungsoo said with a stern voice, like every of his words were a curse to himself. Suddenly, the door was opened. “Noona, I’m her- goddesses, I’m sorry for interrupting,” Lee Sungjong gasped. Their position is kind of awkward though, Myungsoo unconsciously has leaned to Saerin so much, and the only thing to prevent him from falling to Saerin’s lap was his hand supporting his body by holding Saerin’s chair handle. Myungsoo sighed for the nth time in a day before he pull himself back to a standing position and leave Saerin’s office without looking back.

 

“What was that, noona?” Sungjong practically screamed when the door was closed. “And Myungsoo hyung look scary, I can see his high school’s L façade again, it’s been a long time since I see it,” Sungjong blabbered. “Why didn’t one of you six told me a single damn about Myungsoo recovering so fast?” Saerin blurted out, no more elegant chief editor Park Saerin and she doesn’t even care that they were still in the office. “What do you think I’m here for, noona? But, Myungsoo hyung is faster I see,” Sungjong said. “He didn’t remember you yesterday, noona. Please tell me that he remembers you already,” Sungjong pleaded. “Do you know that it’s the scariest thing right now? Sungjong, I don’t know whether I want him to remember or not,” Saerin sighed. “Noona, whether you want it or not, he will remember sooner or later, and your presence bring the most effect of all, so thank you for coming back,” Sungjong smiled. “I actually am starting to regret for coming back. I can’t face him, Sungjong,” Saerin said, it was noticeable that she is tired. “Facing him is not an option right now, noona, it’s kind of inevitable. And regret is not going to bring you any good,” Sungjong replied. Saerin took a deep breath, she hoped it will help her nerves, but it didn’t. “So, tell me what hyung told you. Is it like ‘Park Saerin, you are my ex-girlfriend’ or ‘Am I or Am I not your ex-boyfriend who blah’?” Sungjong’s lips formed a slight smirk. “You were eavesdropping, weren’t you,” Saerin said with an icy look, but ended up smirking as well. Lee Sungjong is one of a kind, really. He will just impress you all the time with his little tricky actions. “Hey, my antics are what make me the unbeatable Lee Sungjong, right?” Sungjong grinned.

“Please don’t run away again, stay here, at least until Myungsoo hyung remembers. It doesn’t matter whether you want him to remember or not, he still need to remember. He have every right to know his s and his own mess, we can’t afford to lie to him any longer, noona, everything seems so wrong. So, please stay because, you owe me that much,” Sungjong said. Saerin just stared; she didn’t really know what to say because Sungjong basically said it all. And if Myungsoo remembers, he can at least tell the truth about that one damned night. “And noona, I will say it just once, I really want to see Myungsoo hyung dump that little piece of of his girlfriend in front of my face so please whenever you think or you see it in front of you, call me because I’ll be there right away, thank you,” Sungjong blabbered. “Come on, she can’t be that bad, right? After all, Hyeri is like Myungsoo’s biggest fan, she must be treating him very well enough,” Saerin shrugged. “Noona,” Sungjong paused before he took a long deep breath as if he is about to spill the biggest secret of all. “She uses neon color nail polish,” Sungjong said in deep voice. “Okay, she is probably that bad,” Saerin sighed in defeat. “She is, and super annoying of course. I once cursed her in front of Myungsoo hyung and he ended up si

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter