6. To

Amnesia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

6. TO

// i remember how i wish it's all just some kind of a twisted dream//

 

 

Lee Sungjong was pretty much smiling widely even though he was sitting at the hospital’s waiting room. “You are smiling so much, it’s creeping me out, maknae. Are you alright? Do you need me to call, I don’t know, a psychologist, maybe?” Sunggyu raised his brow. “Yah, hyung, I’m just happy that’s all,” Sungjong said, flashing his ten thousand watt smile here and there. “Did you just yah me? And for goddess’s sake, what the hell are you so happy about? Myungsoo is practically unconscious right now,” Sunggyu raised his brow more, since Sungjong has been staring the lady across the seat with evil eyes. “I know, and I’m happy. You do not hear what the doctor said, do you, hyung? We should be happy because constant headaches and flashing images are the signs that Myungsoo hyung’s memories are coming back, somehow,” Sungjong grinned widely as he emphasized the ‘memories are coming back’ with a louder tone. Sunggyu finally caught the signal as he turned his head to see Cha Hyeri sitting with an uncomfortable position. “Somebody hella nervous,” Sungjong whispered to Sunggyu. “That’s just plain mean, Sungjong,” Sunggyu glared. “But, hyung, you are enjoying this too, aren’t you? I’m only mean to someone who deserves it,” Sungjong replied. “As a grown up man, no, I do not enjoy this because this is childish and-” Sunggyu paused for a second when he saw Sungjong suddenly frowned and mouthed look at her, she is sweating hard. To be honest, Sunggyu was actually enjoying Sungjong fabulously throwing silent threats to Hyeri, just because she simply deserves it, just like Sungjong said. “That’s okay, I understand you, hyung. There has to be someone who have a maturity in a group, or she probably already dead by now,” Sungjong shrugged.

 “For the love of goddesses, what is actually happening here? Why is Myungsoo suddenly passed out all the freaking time?” Sungyeol suddenly showed up, complete with his doctor uniform. “You’re the doctor, so you tell me,” Sunggyu said. “I’m not a brain specialist, hyung, I’m sorry but I’m not that smart to actually learn to be all human body organ specialists,” Sungyeol frowned. “But you are an eye specialist, that’s near the brain, hyung,” Sungjong said nonchalantly. It’s still amazing for the Infinite members on how a kid like Lee Sungyeol graduated as a doctor and actually makes it as a famous eye specialist, because his job is actually the complete opposite from his real personality. “Nice logic, Jongie. But no,” Sungyeol snapped. “And why is that nugu girl shaking so much like she has no chill?” Sungyeol eyed Hyeri with a glare. “Why don’t you ask her yourself, hyung?” Sungjong smirked. “No, thank you. Just tell me what happened to Myungsoo,” Sungyeol said as he took a seat beside Sunggyu. “I was at the office as usual, when suddenly Saerin called me-“ “Okay, stop,” Sungyeol cutted. “If it’s Saerin who made Myungsoo like this then I don’t mind,” Sungyeol shrugged. “Our brain works like wonders. Memories are never forgotten, they just lost for awhile. When you have something to bring them back, they will come back slowly,” Sungyeol muttered. “Now you talk like a brain expert,” Sungjong rolled his eyes. “Next question will be where Saerin is and why the hell on earth is that beach is here?” Sungyeol hissed. “Saerin noona needs to go back to her office unfortunately and that nugu over there is apparently in my office, trying to bribe me to help her to get into my agency and then somehow, she can hear my conversation with Sunggyu hyung on the phone,” Sungjong huffed. “I’m sorry to interrupt, Sunggyu-ssi?” One of the nurse suddenly appeared. “Doctor Kang needs to talk to you about Kim Myungsoo-ssi condition; can you please come with me for awhile?” The nurse continued. “Oh sure, you guys stay-” “I’m coming! As one of the doctor in this hospital, I have a right to know the condition of all patients,” Sungyeol grinned happily. “Me too, because Myungsoo hyung needs his baby maknae the most when he woke up, right? Right, I know, you don’t have to deny that,” Sungjong winked. “Hey! I want to-” Hyeri stood up abruptly only to be cut by the nurse. “Too many people cannot do,” The nurse said before she led the three men to the doctor’s room.

“So, what is exactly happening to Myungsoo?” Sunggyu asked the nurse. “Well, the doctor will tell you soon,” The nurse said as she opened the door. “Ah! Good evening, Sunggyu, Sungjong and Doctor Lee, as expected,” Doctor Kang smiled warmly. “My office always gets crowded when Myungsoo has a problem,” Doctor Kang chuckled. “Of course, Doctor. Because you know how Myungsoo is surrounded by his amazing and supportive friends, right?” Sungjong grinned. “Yes, I do. You see, what I want to talk about is, you know that Myungsoo is first diagnosed to have psychogenic amnesia, remember? Fugue state?” Doctor Kang said. “Yeah, you said it was because he just had a huge traumatic experience and his brain cannot handle the after effect and the pain,” Sunggyu replied. “But, you also said that he also might suffer from post traumatic amnesia, did you?” Sungyeol snapped. “You see, in Myungsoo’s case, he might have both. I have told you before; this is a very rare case, since he had the traumatic situation and also the accident all at the same time. But both types of amnesias never last this long. It’s possible that even he wants to remember, his brain refuses to because there are too much to handle,” Doctor Kang explained. “Listen, I once told you that Myungsoo’s condition might be permanent but after seeing his condition, he might get his memories back faster. Like you have said, he has been meeting his past these days, right? His brain is reacting and there’s a chance of it stop refusing,” Doctor Kang smiled. “Where did you know that his memories are coming back? He passed out a couple times before, doctor and he seems to not remember any of his past. And, he still wears pink clothes!” Sungjong blabbered. Doctor Kang just raised his brow. “It seems like Myungsoo hadn’t told you, but the last time he woke up in the hospital, he asked me whether he can go home sooner or not, because he hates hospital. I thought he never complained before, right?” Doctor Kang said. “What?” Sungyeol snapped, his eyes widen. “He refuses to eat beans too. He told the nurse that he once choked when his mother gave him beans when he was little,” Doctor Kang continued. “Oh my goddess, hyung,” Sungyeol gasped even more. “But, when I try to ask him further, he just said that he suddenly remembers those, but he still can’t remember any other things. After all, everything takes time,” Doctor Kang said. “Excuse me, doctor but patient Kim Myungsoo has woken up,” The nurse suddenly appeared from the door. “Oh my gosh, I need to see Myungsoo hyung right now, I need to see it by myself,” Sungjong said as he left the room with the nurse, followed by Sungyeol and Sunggyu.

 

 

 

Myungsoo suddenly got a bitter feeling when he opened his eyes and once again found himself in the hospital. He never really hated hospital, but recently he just had this urge to burn down the hospital. He hates the smell, the surrounding, and feeling helpless. He suddenly heard the door being opened. “Hyung?” Sungjong peeked from the door. “Hey,” Myungsoo said. “Are you feeling okay?” Sungjong said as he slowly approached Myungsoo. “No, I wanna go out from here,” Myungsoo chuckled. “The doctor said you can go home,” Sunggyu suddenly snapped. “Hey hyung, hey Yeol. Sorry for disturbing your precious time by me being careless and passing out randomly,” Myungsoo smiled. “What are you talking about? Stop being ridiculous, you are not a waste of time,” Sunggyu replied. “What is wrong with you? You never apologize from taking my time and such,” Sungyeol snapped. “I just feel like I need to,” Myungsoo shrugged. Sungyeol suddenly gasped while Sungjong was screaming silently. Sunggyu just smiled. “That’s okay; we need to take care of each other after all, right?” Sunggyu said. “You know, do you feel like eating beans? I bought you some, you like that thing you know,” Sunggyu patted the younger’s head. Sungjong smirked slightly, when he saw Myungsoo obvious disgusted face. True, Myungsoo after amnesia loves beans, in fact, it his favorite. Nobody ever told him about his little accident about beans so he never remembered that trauma. “Hyung, you were there when I c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter