10. Once

Amnesia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

10. ONCE

// the time we used to be either happy or pain, i want to forget it all//

 

 

Kim Myungsoo was running frantically after dumping his own girlfriend, now ex-girlfriend, in front of the crowd, and he couldn’t be more careless about that. There is also this long list of why Kim Myungsoo should be mad and furious. Everyone should’ve believed in him from the first place but no, Kim Myungsoo just had to be the bad guy for five freaking years, he just had to take all the blames and suffered amnesia, he just had to date the wrong girl and he just had to be the victim and the suspect at the same time. But what he actually gives a damn about is the fact that Park Saerin left the restaurant after Hyeri confessed everything. Myungsoo has expected the worst scenario on his mind, something like Park Saerin would’ve just slap Cha Hyeri, which Myungsoo have to hold his urge to do so. He stopped when he saw a silhouette of his boss inside her car, not moving a bit and Myungsoo actually smiled. At least, he knows that she is still the calm one on their messy relationship. Myungsoo turned his direction, leaving her car alone.

Meanwhile, Park Saerin was freaking the hell out. Now that she knows that everything is not as it was supposed to be, she didn’t know what to do. Going back together with Myungsoo was not in the option, Saerin can assure that. She could just hit the gas and go home, but she was too surprised to do so. For five years, she has been wondering about the reason and now that she has figured that out, she is even more terrified. Kim Myungsoo was supposed to be the bad guy, the one who messed up, but now that he is free from all charges, Park Saerin was left speechless. She was drowning on her mind a little too deep that she didn’t realize someone was approaching her car. Saerin startled a bit when her car’s window was being knocked. Myungsoo was there with his kitty smile and two cups of yogurt on both of his hands. Saerin hesitantly pressed the button to open the car’s window and she could see how Myungsoo’s smile grew wider. “Free yogurt?” Myungsoo said sheepishly. “Really? Yogurt?” Saerin raised her brow, a little amused. “Yeah, I figured that you might not want to refuse it, since it yogurt and I got your favorite topping too,” Myungsoo handed her the yogurt, the one with blueberries. “Get in,” Saerin motioned her head to the passenger’s seat and Myungsoo followed her signal with a big grin on his face. “Are you sure you are here not to rub it in my face that you are innocent after all?” Saerin snapped as soon as Myungsoo sat beside her. “Are you sure you don’t want to take the yogurt?” Myungsoo replied as he handed the yogurt once again. “I will when you answer me,” Saerin said. “Rather than rubbing it on your face, I just want you to know that whatever I am going to say, I’m fully aware of it and I want you to believe it,” Myungsoo replied nonchalantly. “That even you don’t feel the same way anymore, when I said I want you back, I want you too believe it, Park Saerin-ssi,” Myungsoo smiled bitterly. Their eyes didn’t meet, but Saerin feel his sincerity enough.

“Now take the yogurt,” Myungsoo said as he grabbed Saerin’s hand and placed the yogurt on it. “Why are you so insisting? It’s just a damn yogurt,” Saerin rolled her eyes and stuffed a spoon of yogurt into . “Tasty, right?” Myungsoo grinned cheekily. “This whole thing wouldn’t happen if I just have more faith in you, you know,” Saerin said. “Let’s see, I would’ve leave you too if I ever found you in a bed, with a stranger,” Myungsoo said as he playfully tap his lips with his finger. “Yah,” Saerin glared at him. “The point is, no matter how much faith you have in someone, some certain situation can break that faith in just a snap, Saerin-ssi. So, it’s normal for you to leave me,” Myungsoo smiled. “Stop being so kind, you are a saint enough,” Saerin said. “Since I was saint enough, can I ask a favor from you?” Myungsoo said as his smile faded into a serious expression. “Depends on what favor is it,” Saerin replied. “Please don’t leave again, I mean, can you stay here? At least until I figure out what should I do, or until I can convince you to be mine again,” Myungsoo said. “It won’t take long, I promise,” Myungsoo broke into a bitter smile.

“To be honest Myungsoo, don’t you we both deserve a better ending?” Saerin said. “What’s the point, Myungsoo? We broke once and somehow it’s beyond repair, even though you did manage to repair it. But still, how perfect can you repair it?” Saerin sighed. “We don’t have to be perfect-,” “But you can be perfect with someone else. Someone who doesn’t know about your mess and someone who can see in better light, someone that is not me-,”. It was warm, once again and Saerin know perfectly how she misses Myungsoo’s lips on hers. Myungsoo always say their lips are the perfect fit, probably because they were indeed made for each other. The palm of Myungsoo’s hand caressed Saerin’s cheek gently when they pulled apart. “Why search for someone better when you are all that I need? I think I’ll have a better ending if that someone is you,” Myungsoo smiled. “So, promise me that one thing okay?” Myungsoo kissed her forehead casually, too casually that Saerin even more confused what are they now. “Finish your yogurt, it’s melting, Park Saerin-ssi,” Myungsoo said as he got back to his normal position and started to eat his yogurt. “It’s like the old times, isn’t it?” Saerin suddenly said. “Yeah, like the good old times,”.

 

---

 

Myungsoo arrived in the office with a big smile, he was so happy that Byunghun thought he was positive crazy, and there is no way to help him. “Dude, stop grinning, fro the last time it’s scaring the hell out of me, I’m serious,” Byunghun groaned and Myungsoo chuckled at him. “Did the chief come yet?” Myungsoo finally asked. “Yes, but she went off the moment she arrived. Why are you asking? Dude, did you hook up with our chief?” Byunghyun shouted at the last part and made Myungsoo abruptly closed Byunghun’s mouth with his hand. “No, shut up, Byunghun,” Myungsoo glared. “Oh no, you did,” Byunghun gasped. “I thought I told you that I called dibs on her, betrayer,” Byunghun hissed and got a death glare from Myungsoo.

Suddenly, Park Saerin stormed into the editorial office with an annoyed face and an angry Nam Woohyun behind her. “Yah, don’t leave when I’m talking, Park Saerin-ssi,” Woohyun yelled, seemed like he careless enough about the other employee’s reaction. Saerin just sighed as she got into her office and Woohyun still trailing behind her. Even the door was closed, Myungsoo could still hear that they were arguing inside, a couple of yells were thrown, but Myungsoo has no idea what is it about. “So let me guess,” Byunghun spoke up. “Nam Woohyun-ssi was dating Park Saerin-ssi but then she cheated on him with you. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter