제발 [please]

One Shot {remake}
Please log in to read the full chapter

chapter IX 제발 [please]

you must survive...

        Jungkook paced back and forth, practically making a path with how long he had been pacing, in the waiting room. Fellow officers were standing close by him, some standing while the others were sitting down. Yongguk and the others were there as well, anxiously awaiting the news for both Daehyun and Jimin. Jimin; who had passed out in the ambulance before they even reached the hospital, sending the medics in a state of panic. Daehyun; whose heart beat was getting weaker by the second and Yongguk vaguely remembered sobbing as he was filled with loss and regret - remembering the hateful words he spat to him and knowing Daehyun might even die with those words still lingering as Yongguk's last goodbye.

But they had been there for over 2 hours and not one doctor has came out to provide them with the news on either of the boys locked away in the emergency rooms. 2 long, agonizing hours of nothing but pacing. 2 long, agonizing hours of staring at the ground, clutching a certain necklace in his hands. 2 hours of nothing but praying.

Suddenly, the doors opened and two bloodied doctors came out, exhaling deeply as if they were trying to get rid of some kind of burden hanging on their shoulders. Everyone in the waiting room stood up and looked at the doctor's expectingly. The two doctors glanced at each other but the left nodded at the right, who then stepped forward.

"My name is Doctor Han. I was the one in charge of taking care of Detective Park Jimin." He announced, taking the gloves off and letting a nurse take them. "The bullet hit a main artery so we had to put him under and do some careful surgery in order to get it out, but luckily we did. He is stable right now, and awake, but we're keeping him over night just to make sure. He'll also have to be excused from work until he gets the stitches out, which will be another 4-5 weeks from now."

Jungkook swallowed thickly before taking a small step towards the doctor. "Are we allowed to see him?" The doctor nodded. Jungkook turned to Jaebum. "Am I allowed to see him?" He asked. Jaebum eyed him for a second and was about to say something but Jungkook cut him off. "I know. I know I'm gonna get arrested - I know. And I will not fight. I just...I want to see him before I go."

"...Alright. Alright, you may see him. Detective Jinyoung, please go with him."  Jaebum agreed, gesturing with his hand to the door. Jinyoung nodded and followed behind Jungkook as Jungkook followed the doctor down the hall.

"He's very weak right now. He lost a lot of blood, so please don't let him do too much movements, okay?" The doctor recommended. Jungkook nodded firmly, letting the doctor open the door for them - revealing the room it led to. A completely, and cringe-worthy, white room. But it was spacious. Up against the left wall was the bed, facing the TV on the opposite wall perfectly. To one side o the bed was the heart monitor and on the other side was a bag of blood hooked up into Jimin's arm, pumping some much needed blood into him. And just a few feet away from the bed sat a couch up against the wall - accompanied by an open window. The TV was on and the sound of a news anchor was filling the silent room.

Jungkook slowly walked into the room before he sat down on the edge of Jimin's bed. "Hey." He spoke softly, managing a small smile as Jimin opened his eyes and looked over at him. "Hey, sleeping beauty. You doing okay..?" Jungkook reached up and moved some of Jimin's red locks away from his forehead. Jimin let out a weak hum before smiling softly at him.

"Just really tired." He responded. The sound of Jimin's voice--so weak, so vulnerable--broke Jungkook's heart for the upteenth time. Tears flowed into  his eyes as he tenderly ran his thumb along Jimin's cheek, caressing it gingerly as if he was afraid Jimin might break like the porcelian glass Jungkook always thought he was.

"I'm sorry." Jungkook apologized, managing to choke it out through a small sob. "I'm..I'm so sorry. I'm such an - I ruined everything. You got shot, twice, because of me. Twice. And now you're in the hospital a-and you could have died and--"

"--Kookie." Jimin lightly giggled, causing the other to shut up immediately. Oh, how Jungkook missed the sound of Jimin's voice as he called him that nickname. "But I didn't die. I'm right here." He reassured. Jungkook looked into Jimin's chocolately orbs and smiled, taking one of his hands and held it firmly in both of us.

"I missed you so much, Jimin..."

Jimin lightly scoffed. "That's hyung to you."

Jungkook laughed whole-heartedly, and it felt good. To laugh like that. It felt like he hadn't laughed in several years.

There was a short silence between them but then Jimin spoke up again. "Hey, Kookie? Remember that song you wrote when we were still...ya know?" He pondered. Jungkook blinked a little in slight confusion. "The song called Butterfly?" (a/n: if you click Butterfly, it leads you to the YouTube video of the song, including the lyrics. Please check it out if you haven't read it - and I recommend listening to it over and over again throughout you reading this chapter, since it represents BangDae very well). Realization hit Jungkook and he let out a chuckle as he closed his eyes momentarily, giving the elder a nod in response.

"I made it." Jimin smiled at him, his eyes going into crescents--and god, he was so beautiful when he smiled like that, Jungkook thought to himself. "I made it. I made the song - just like I said I would."

Jungkook returned Jimin's smile was his own bunny-like one. "Really...? Can I hear it?" He requested. Jimin nodded and looked to the side, Jungkook following his gaze. With his free hand, he reached over Jimin and grabbed his iPod that was on the nightstand beside the bed. He flipped through the songs before he found the one titled 'Butterfly,' then clicked on it and let the piano key introduction soothe his shaking heart.

Please log in to read the full chapter